Legends of Tomorrow: A DC Arrowverse RP (2nd Try)

Started by Kadigan, September 17, 2017, 04:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadigan

Legends of Tomorrow: Abiding Time

In 2016 Time Master Rip Hunter embarked on a quest, to save the world and his family from the greatest tyranny that it would ever know.  He gathered together a group of misfits and heroes, all with different reasons for going, and set about his quest. They traveled forward and backwards in time, helping those in the past and future in need. Labeled a rogue and a menace by those he once served with, he and the group eventually managed to stop this menace together.

While some of the crew left, some of it stayed and even others disappeared. The Legends carried on as best they could for many years, stopping new threats, and old ones risen up again. They were there in many key events in history, and whether always there or now there thanks to time travel, they were heroes doing what was right.

In 2019 the Waverider, the temporal ship that the Legends used to travel throughout time began appearing in various cities. Mysteriously emptied of its crew, records of the past 8 months wiped out, the ships AI Gideon began fulfilling the Apodosis Protocol. The artificial shipmaster started to gather new heroes, new misfits. New Legends.

Time itself is becoming unstable. Whether through the Legends actions or someone more nefarious, events are, or will, occur in different ways. Gideon has begun pulling people out of the time line that will be affected by these changes. If they were to remain, their past or future would be irrevocably altered and their lives forever damaged. There is no guarantee that the new Legends will be successful. Gideon only offers a chance, no more or less.

The new crew is a group of wanderers now, destined to travel from time to time until their own life is set straight, and until such time as they can return home they are…

Hello there all, based on the CW’s show Legends of Tomorrow (duh), set in DC’s Arrow verse. Sooooooo. I attempted this before, and my life got a little crazy. I thought I would give this a 2nd attempt to get off the ground, and I hope it works. I start everything with the best of intentions, even if they don’t’ always end there. 

The main idea, if the description wasn’t clear, is that your character is (to steal from the Exiles) unbound from time and something horrible will happen or may happen in the past to them if the timeline is not restored. For example, your character may enter into a coma and never wake up; from something that was originally a minor accident. Maybe your Dad turned the car left instead of right and now you’re an insurance agent in Cedar Rapids IA. Maybe you were born with a limp now, and can’t hero. The possibilities are endless.

Also, while there are numerous heavy hitting heroes out there, the Legends, to me at least, are a chance for other heroes and heroines to shine. There’s many an RP, Film, TV etc, all fine of course, that showcase Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc…what about those characters that don’t get as much screen time? Legends has done great bringing characters that haven’t always connected for long periods of time, such as Vixen, Steel, Firestorm and others to the small screen and showing what great and complex characters they can be. With the recent continuity changes and etc, Wildstorm characters, provided they’re not overpowered, are allowable. I'd like to see new characters, not existing Arrowverse ones..put your own spin on someone..

So, if all of that hasn’t made you fall asleep from disinterest, I invite you to express your interest in a character and joining the RP. The character you chose will need to be “Arrowverse’d” so to speak, and need to be redone in a way that it would fit in. The origins do not have to expressly be the same as the comics, but can be if it works.  If there’s enough interest I’ll throw up a profile form. What I would also like to throw out there is be considerate of other people’s choices. In other words, if someone puts up someone who does fire stuff, then maybe don’t pick another fire stuff person.

I've noodled a few different ideas for myself there's a character called Variant I'd truly love to figure out for this, but again depends on interest. I'd also be looking for a possible assistant GM for plots and such, if this flies.

Optimum non experiri possumus nobis.

Waldham

For Variant, is it a former CIA agent who got destroyed by a car bomb and rebuilt with the same technology and procedure as Cyborg to gain power for her terrorist organization ?

Kadigan

Arrow'd up a bit, possibly removing direct references to Cyborg, but yes that's who I was thinking of. I'm pleased someone else picked up on it.

HopeFox

It's great that you're giving this another try! I'd still like to play Shining Knight, if that would be alright?
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=358012.0

Gannameade

I would be interested in playing Black Lightning if that were possible??

Kadigan

Both of those would be possible, and great. Hopefully we get a bit more interest and can press forward.

Batman4560

Kadigan

Hello. If you're interested, and I hope you are, would love to have you and of course spread the word.

Mister Ugly

There are only a few men that Rip Hunter would trust with the Waverider!

"Gideon where the hell is the crew?"

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Kadigan

While Jonah Hex is an interesting character, the general aim of this is to focus on previously unused DC characters, assuming there is enough interest for it. I genuinely hope there is, and if anyone has any questions of course feel free to message me.

Kadigan

Well, I'd like to thank those that expressed an interest, but doesn't look like there's enough to get this going. Maybe another day.

dshadow

Wait! Don't give up on this idea - yet! I didn't see it! I would love to play!

My idea is to play HR Wells from Earth 19. I think it would be cool to have him taken on the timeline where Salvatore kills Iris West because the legends need his help and ultimately that is why he comes back to sacrifice either himself or a different HR Wells so that Iris lives.

I'm willing to just play him as is and hopefully some kind of power comes his way!

Blackthorne

I was thinking a Ted Kord Blue Beetle would be fun, always good to have a tech guy

Although Booster Gold might be interesting, maybe just a bit too much of a gloryhound on a team of already a bit of misfits..  I could be wrong though..
If I were any good at playing female chars I would go for Zatana , Hellcat, or Flamebird
Not all who wander are lost.  Some are just extremely distracted.

dshadow

Well that is two more....you did say another day, eh Barb?