The Town of Elliquiy (Reboot) <Interest Check>

Started by NaughtyKitty, January 13, 2013, 06:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixrisen

To those wanting to join, I would PM Naughtykitty with a filled out character sheet, or post it here. PM maybe be better.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Jassara Sunn on January 31, 2013, 07:50:11 PM
Im a slow poster, three days a week, but I'd like to join?

How much you post is entirely up to you.  It's your game....my only job here is to maintain the world we play in!

Clio

This looks interesting. Are you still accepting?
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

ebpohmr

Keaton

How many people are already involved? If there is room for more characters I may be interested as well.

Ons & Offs  Search Thread  Apologies & Absences   Current Stories: 1

ebpohmr

Quote from: Ansem on February 06, 2013, 10:12:08 PM
How many people are already involved? If there is room for more characters I may be interested as well.

Opening post of this thread, current links, character index. Follow that and you'll see all the registered player characters of our merry town! There are also links to other threads of interest there too! ;)

Clio

Is there a list of all the taken professions?

And Eb, you're playing a single Gerard Butler. Mmm... ;)

ebpohmr

Quote from: Christa McGinn on February 06, 2013, 10:19:27 PM

Not that I am aware of!

Well, he's single at the moment. I am reliably informed that there are plans in motion to swiftly change that though! ;)

Clio

Quote from: ebpohmr on February 06, 2013, 10:23:11 PM
Not that I am aware of!

Well, he's single at the moment. I am reliably informed that there are plans in motion to swiftly change that though! ;)

Ah. Ok.

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

JackWhite

Quote from: Christa McGinn on February 06, 2013, 10:19:27 PM

There's a character list and the profiles include the professsions

NaughtyKitty

As they said...the more the merrier!  I'm not planning to top the game out people-wise....until I'm given a reason to do so.  :)

Bastet

Character Name: Alice Marie Whiteside

Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Religion: Spiritual, But not Religious
Job: Owner of the local Coffee and Tea shop,  A Cup of Comfort
Address: 2067 South Main Street, Downtown District (Home located above the shop)
Played By: Bastet

Appearance:Tall, vibrant woman with an intoxicating smile. A beguiling mix of sweet innocent looks combined with spicy, flirtatious tossing of long hair over her shoulder. 

Height: 5 feet 7 inches
Weight: 150 pounds
Body Type: Toned from years of dance and yoga, she still boasts soft curves you find yourself wanting to put your hands all over.
Hair Color: Rich Red
Eye Color: Moss green
Distinguishing Features: A gypsy at heart, she wanted something to express her free spirit and so she had a feather tattooed upon her shoulder, birds scattering from it to fly high in the sky.

Personality:
Alice is a very easy going, friendly person but doesn‘t let anyone walk over her. Passionate about her little shop, she works hard, and can be a bit stubborn at times. She never really meets a stranger, always offering an amiable smile, she tries to give people the benefit of a doubt, never losing hope that there are still decent folks around. Her big heart often leads her into trouble though, so much so, that she has learned to lock away her deeper emotions until she gets to know someone. Its may be because of this distancing that some have said she has a very blasé attitude about anything not related to her shop. Alice enjoys her freedom and being her own boss, coming and going as she pleases, and keeping only the hours that suit her. Some might call it selfish, perhaps even eccentric but she stopped trying to please others a long time ago, well about the time she moved to Elliquiy.

Likes: Alice loves to listen to music, you can often tell her mood based on what she is humming when wiping down the tables in the shop.  She also enjoys watching a good movie; romances, comedies, and zombie flicks some of her favorites. Its not an oddity to find her with her nose in a  book either, usually a romance novel, science fiction novel, or a cookbook. She also likes the outdoors, her bare feet sinking into the grass lining the bank of a creek, as her dog runs and plays around her. Alice likes to indulge herself in sweets, fresh baked bread, and all things Italian whenever her willpower breaks. As for Alice’s more sexual side you can check the player’s On’s for some ideas of things that might bring Alice to her knees.

Dislikes: People who enjoy causing hurting people; rather it be by bullying others, having a condescending attitude toward others, or just being rude in general. People who are cruel to animals, people who think debating is the same as arguing, and those that lack of a general sense of hygiene. Liars, cheats, and thieves are not tolerated either. For sexual Off’s you can see the players list for those as well.

History:Alice grew up in a small North Carolina town, she was blessed with a loving mother to make up for her more distant and controlling father. Always rather a shy girl growing up, she stayed to herself throughout high school, and went straight to college in the fall after graduating. Alice had made the decision to pursue the study of law, so she applied to several in state colleges offering the program and was accepted to UNC. It was while working as a barista at a local Starbucks that she had met Tom. Everything seemed perfect; Tom and Alice were inseparable, Alice was making great grades and was a star pupil, she even enjoyed her work at Starbucks. Alice was finally learning to come out of her shell, shedding her shy tendencies for a more confident woman to shine through, and it was paying off. Men flirted with her when ordering their coffee, women enjoyed her bubbly personality and she had made some great friendships while in college.

It wasn't until Alice walked in on Tom having sex with Tammy, her best friend at the time, that she Alice picked up and moved to Elliquiy. She didn’t say a word to anyone that day, she only turned around and walked out. Alice wasn’t just walking away from Tom  but she was walking away from the life she was building.

Packing a few belongings into a U-Haul truck, she set out to start her life over at 26. Her mother supportive as always, giving her a great big hug, and saying her only request was that Alice call often. Her father however barely even nodded when she said goodbye, he was as usual, so engrossed in his work to notice anyone else. It worked in Alice’s favor though because he didn’t even notice the check that her mom had tucked into her hand as she left.

Her mother had gifted Alice with a sizable amount of money, enough that she was able to settle down rather comfortably in Elliquiy. Only a small loan was required to buy the building she turned into a coffee and tea shop, the upstairs rooms outfitted into a cozy apartment for her to live in. It was elegant, whimsical, and even more important, it was hers.

Alice had lived in the tiny town for two years now, her little business booming, and things really looking up for her. She had not really made a lot of friends in town because of how busy she was with work but loneliness was starting to seep into her life, and she really wanted to change that. She had thankfully found some companionship with Blitz, the dog her mom gave her last year at Christmas. Alice could only smile and giggle at the cute ball of fur roaming around her apartment. Now Blitz was a hulking 90 lbs of German Shepherd that still thinks he weighs 10lbs.  All in all she loved this little town, it had truly become home.

Blitz    Alice's shop and home

“I believe that words uttered in passion contain a greater living truth than do those words which express thoughts rationally conceived. It is blood that moves the body. Words are not meant to stir the air only: they are capable of moving greater things.” -Natsume Sōseki

Silver

People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

ebpohmr

Silver

ebpohmr

Quote from: Silver on February 07, 2013, 09:56:39 PM
My twin is amazing. You should know that by now..

Oh, I do - I just love the irony of the two of you, one working in a bakery/cafe and the other a coffee/tea shop... How is the poor, hard-working manager of a construction business supposed to decide where to get his go-juice from?

Silver

Quote from: ebpohmr on February 07, 2013, 10:00:13 PM
Oh, I do - I just love the irony of the two of you, one working in a bakery/cafe and the other a coffee/tea shop... How is the poor, hard-working manager of a construction business supposed to decide where to get his go-juice from?

When in doubt go for a Threesome?

ebpohmr

Quote from: Silver on February 07, 2013, 10:03:45 PM
When in doubt go for a Threesome?

*grins* As pretty as Izzie and Alice are, I'm not sure that would help with choosing who to buy coffee from... Maybe Doug will have to resort to Argent in the morning and Comfort in the afternoon...

Silver

Quote from: ebpohmr on February 07, 2013, 10:06:35 PM
*grins* As pretty as Izzie and Alice are, I'm not sure that would help with choosing who to buy coffee from... Maybe Doug will have to resort to Argent in the morning and Comfort in the afternoon...

Good plan...

ebpohmr

Quote from: Silver on February 07, 2013, 10:08:36 PM
Good plan...

I considered the other way around but I don't think Fred would forgive Doug for denying him his half of the morning, Izzie-baked, treat!

Silver

Quote from: ebpohmr on February 07, 2013, 10:11:50 PM
I considered the other way around but I don't think Fred would forgive Doug for denying him his half of the morning, Izzie-baked, treat!

Fred!

ebpohmr

Quote from: Silver on February 07, 2013, 10:15:37 PM
Fred!

Well the labrador does enjoy Izzie's cakes probably as much as, if not more than, Doug does...

eiselmann

Wait did someone say threesome, as we all know Eli is a total hot babe magnet , if the towns ladies would like to form an orderly queue outside his home for try-outs I can have Eli on top of his game.........for , well all of you such is the joy of boundless energy.

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Silver