Skyhold - A DA:I RP

Started by Primarch, January 25, 2015, 09:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Thank you, Primarch!

I can't wait until we start :3
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Juggtacular

Quote from: Primarch on February 01, 2015, 09:41:57 AM
OOC Thread

Character thread

Is Kain finished? It still says WIP at the base of the post but he looks finished. My only concern with the character would be he appears to be written with a very heavy emphasis on his warrior/martial leanings 'Qunari strength' 'trained by the best warriors' and several other references to his skill with a sword and so on. The character is a Mage and Knight-Enchanter, not a warrior. He should be written as such. There is also the matter that apart from having access to the resources of the Inqusition, he also has access to the seemingly very impressive resources of House Valerian who are of course not typical to their cultural background but instead possess significantly more positive traits.

He's finished, but I did miss some things. And the emphasis was there so he could actually be effective with the Spirit Blade(since in the game you wouldn't have to train or anything like that, but I figured here he wouldn't just automatically be a sword master when using the SB). As a mage with absolutely no combat training(in the sword anyway) would essentially be swinging around a lightsaber and hoping for the best, but would probably more easily hurt one of his allies with a misplaced swing than hurt the enemy with clumsy attacks. But from DA2 on, Mages have shown to be pretty skilled in staff combat, so it wouldn't be too hard or too much of a stretch for him to learn how to use a sword either.

And he still relies almost primarily on his magic, he's just not a super frail guy who can't defend himself against basic threats without spells or a staff. So you wouldn't see him trying to punch out a Rage Demon, but if he gets in a bar fight where he can't really use his magic on people his fists will come in handy, or an assassin makes it into his bedroom in Skyhold, he might deck him in the face before pulling out his magic if that makes sense. I can add more details about his mage training though as you are correct. He is a mage and magic/staff is his primary(really only) constantly available form of combat and defense. Also I just wanna point out that the Qunari thing is some of that lovely rumor mill, hearsay type of stuff. Like people saying "Iron Bull has the strength of 10 men, or Cassandra fights like a dragon." Just stuff that gets started and doesn't go away.

As for his family, pretty much only his grandparents and parents are "normal" in comparison to Antivan and Orlesian behavioral tendencies, and that's based on them being products of their environment. If they'd stayed in Orlais or Antiva they'd have been no different. The entire rest of the family on either side is what you'd typically expect. I did forget just how resourcefully powerful he'd be if he had access to both his house and the Inquisition though. I'll drop that part. Actually, you've given me an idea that makes him a little more relatable.

Primarch

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 01, 2015, 02:06:11 PM
He's finished, but I did miss some things. And the emphasis was there so he could actually be effective with the Spirit Blade(since in the game you wouldn't have to train or anything like that, but I figured here he wouldn't just automatically be a sword master when using the SB).
I would assume one begins training with the Spirit Blade when they begin Knight-Enchanter training. Seems more likely than years of previous combat training, I mean if Kain was splitting his time between Mage training and combat training while all the others were just training to be a Mage/Warrior it would leave him behind in one skill over the other. Also seems more likely to just start training when he becomes starts into being a Knight-Enchanter as opposed to instantly becoming a master with the SB. I mean how many years ago in his bio did he start training to be a Knight-Enchanter?

QuoteAnd he still relies almost primarily on his magic, he's just not a super frail guy who can't defend himself against basic threats without spells or a staff. So you wouldn't see him trying to punch out a Rage Demon, but if he gets in a bar fight where he can't really use his magic on people his fists will come in handy, or an assassin makes it into his bedroom in Skyhold, he might deck him in the face before pulling out his magic if that makes sense.
That does make sense but its not how your application reads. There's nothing wrong with having a certain amount of physicality despite being magic orientated, but that doesn't require him to be 'a tower of a man, just as capable of defending himself with his hands' and learning from the best warriors and so on, so on. Just tone it back.

vin26m

Player: vin26m
Character: The Tankard
Origin Path: Qunari (Tal-Vashoth) mercenary

Appearance:
Click to enlarge
Position: Agent
Class: Warrior (Champion)
Skills:
Weapon and Shield: Shield Wall
Vanguard: War Cry (Call to Arms), Challenge, Charging Bull, It'll Cost You, Unbowed (Still Standing), Cutting Words
Champion (the whole tree): Line in the Sand (And No Further), Bulwark, Resilience, Counterstrike, Adamant, To the Death (En Garde), Unyielding, Walking Fortress (Siege Breaker)

Equipment: Common heavy armor, common sword, common shield, clothing, boots, tankard (Qunari-sized drinking vessel made of metal, with a handle and a hinged cover)
Mount: "Brandy" the Battle Nug - Avvar-harnessed and trained for war.  Somehow.  She's pretty good with her "hands" and has a small cask of brandy attached to her collar.

Favourite Gifts: Alcohol, chocolate, music (someone singing to him or playing a song for him).
Hated Gifts: He is not one to turn down gifts, since he can give them away to someone else who might appreciate them more.

Backstory: The Tankard was a soldier in the Qunari army.  He left the Qun and the military, becoming a Tal-Vashoth mercenary.  For the moment, he makes a living as a sellsword, paid to fight for the Inquisition.  The Tankard lives for fighting, drinking and (selectively) sleeping around.  He is loud and boisterous on the battlefield and off it, using his deep, resonating voice to pay a compliment to a friend, provide some flirtation with a female, issue a challenge to an ally or outright mock his foes. 

He likes to be the center of attention, whether he is dancing at a party that is a celebration, or fighting alongside a party that is taking down enemies of the Inquisition. 

Not much is known about the Tankard - he simply showed up at the Inquisition, asked a bartender to "Fill me up," got a drink and was asked his name.  He raised his tankard in a silent toast, and the barkeep called him "The Tankard."  The name stuck ever since.

After that, the Tankard went on several missions for the Inquisition, always coming back victorious, with all of his fellow agents alive.

Other:   
Ons: Flirting, teasing, seduction, dancing, massage, rough sex
Offs:

Juggtacular

Quote from: Primarch on February 01, 2015, 02:24:49 PM
I would assume one begins training with the Spirit Blade when they begin Knight-Enchanter training. Seems more likely than years of previous combat training, I mean if Kain was splitting his time between Mage training and combat training while all the others were just training to be a Mage/Warrior it would leave him behind in one skill over the other. Also seems more likely to just start training when he becomes starts into being a Knight-Enchanter as opposed to instantly becoming a master with the SB. I mean how many years ago in his bio did he start training to be a Knight-Enchanter?
That does make sense but its not how your application reads. There's nothing wrong with having a certain amount of physicality despite being magic orientated, but that doesn't require him to be 'a tower of a man, just as capable of defending himself with his hands' and learning from the best warriors and so on, so on. Just tone it back.

True. I was actually in the process of editing his story a bit more when I read this. It should make more sense when I get done. As for how long he's been a Knight-Enchanter, probably a few years. But as I said I'm working on an edit and things should read a bit better when I'm finished.

I was working on editing this as well, but at 6'4, tower is an appropriate description I'd think. But the rest you are right about.

Primarch

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 01, 2015, 02:38:59 PM
I was working on editing this as well, but at 6'4, tower is an appropriate description I'd think. But the rest you are right about.

Or you could just....change his measurements? I mean 6'4 & 240lbs for a Mage? That's what I had in mind for my character and he is a big, brutish warrior. Right now being built like that is just an artifact of a character who was written up looking like a Mage/Warrior dual class who just happened to dump all his talents into the Mage side of things. Don't get me wrong, if I'm playing Skyrim you better believe my character will be some sort of Spellsword/Swordmage thing and if I set up another Skyrim game at some point something like Kain as he was originally would be very welcome, but right now we're playing a DA game.

@vin26m: Tankard looks good, post him up.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Primarch on February 01, 2015, 03:03:30 PM
Or you could just....change his measurements? I mean 6'4 & 240lbs for a Mage? That's what I had in mind for my character and he is a big, brutish warrior. Right now being built like that is just an artifact of a character who was written up looking like a Mage/Warrior dual class who just happened to dump all his talents into the Mage side of things. Don't get me wrong, if I'm playing Skyrim you better believe my character will be some sort of Spellsword/Swordmage thing and if I set up another Skyrim game at some point something like Kain as he was originally would be very welcome, but right now we're playing a DA game.

@vin26m: Tankard looks good, post him up.

It's more that I'm used to playing tall, muscular people. My actual in game mage would have been tall and buff if the game had that option. Like how Hawke was shown, despite being a mage he was pretty built due to I'm assuming living on a farm and being an apostate. I just don't think that Mage automatically should equal small, frail, etc... Not saying that's what you were implying. But I figure if you can have a tiny elf as warrior, then a tall buff guy as a mage wouldn't really be an issue. I'll edit his measurements though.

vin26m

Juggtacular

Player: Juggtacular
Character: Kain Valerian
Origin Path: Human Noble

Appearance: Kain is not the largest person ever, but he's slightly taller than most and seems to fill the room with his presence. He stands at 6'2 and is well muscled and heavily defined at 210bs. This can be contributed to a life of combat and training. His eyes are brilliant, glowing gold(a result of a spell gone wrong). He has a thin scar in the shape of a straight line over his right eye. It starts above the eyebrow and ends slightly below the cheek bone. He recieved it when a powerful Pride Demon possessed a mage during their Harrowing. He was lucky to survive.

Due to his Antivan/Orlesian heritage, his skin is a dark shade of brown, and he has a distinct accent that falls somewhere in the middle between the two dialects. He has a clan tattoo over the right half of his face that actually compliments and accentuates the scar. He has black hair that he used to have braided, but now keeps styled in a design popular among Orlesian nobles.

He decided that shorter was better as people tend to grab for anything they can in a fight(and he nearly had some of his hair ripped out in a bar fight once). He usually keeps his facial hair styled into a meticulously groomed goatee, demonstrating that the Orlesian in him has some powerful aspects...like maintaining his perfect image as much as he is able.
Positon: Inquisitor
Class: Mage/Knight-Enchanter
Skills:
○Spirit - Barrier(Elegant Defense) > Peaceful Aura > Dispel(Transmute Magic)
○Storm - Chain Lightning > Lightning Bolt 
○Winter - Fade Step
○Knight-Enchanter - Spirit Blade(Defending Blade) > Fade Cloak(Decloaking Blast) > Combat Clarity > Fade Shield > Veiled Riposte > Knight Protector > Disruption Field(Stasis Lock)
○Inferno - Immolate

Equipment:
Kain wears a heavy suit of mage armor crafted from Silverite and Fade-Touched Silverite he simply calls "Fade Touched". And atop his head he wears the fabled and iconic "Helm of the Inquisitor". He wields the Grand Enchanter's Staff, a powerful weapon that radiates pure cold. He's attached a Frost Rune to make his weapon even more powerful. As a Knight-Enchanter he also can summon a Spirit Blade, a fully functional sword made out of pure Fade energy. He wears a ring that increases his mana, another ring that increases his strength, a belt that increases his magic resistance, and an amulet that increases his wisdom. He also wears the signet ring of House Valerian, which signifies him as a high standing member of the family.

Mount: Atriedes, a Light-Torn Steed

Favourite Gifts: Rare Liquor, Ancient Weapons, Books, Sexual Favors(he won't admit to that one)
Hated Gifts: Flowers, Maps, Trinkets
Backstory: Kain's story begins long before he was born. As he is Orlesian on his fathers side, and Antivan on his mothers, Kain's story starts over 150 years ago when the Valerian's and the Santiago's, very powerful noble houses from Orlais and Antiva began a fierce rivalry. The head of House Valerian, Maurice allegedly stole the intended bride of Amilio Santiago. The truth has been lost to the ages, but for over a century the houses feuded and constantly tried to one up or overthrow the other. Their power was too evenly matched and there was a stalemate of sorts. The houses were still openly at war, but would only attack from time to time if one felt they had an advantage.

It seemed like this would continue on forever without end, however fate seemed to have other plans. After the Inquisition became a power in Thedas once again, both houses sent letters to Skyhold asking for assistance against the other. Commander Cullen oversaw the situation and decided that since both Antiva and Orlais were so fond of deceit, trickery, and foul play, that an honorable competition would be the best way to solve the issue. He organized a tournament between the two houses, pitting the best of the best against each other. The winner of the tournament would win victory for his house, and restitution would be paid by the loser.

The competition was fierce and the tourney lasted three days. Finally the champions from each house were decided and faced each other. House Valerian's champion was Drake, a master of the arcane. He was known far and wide as one of the most powerful Orlesian mages of the era. Champion of House Santiago was Ariani, a petite woman with the strength of two men. The battle was intense, and despite the two powerhouses going at it for hours, neither could gain a definite advantage. Finally both went to strike a killing blow, ready to end the life of the other for honor and their house. Cullen stopped the contest before either could follow through however.

He said that it would be a shame for more lives to be lost over such a pointless dispute, especially two as valuable as Drake and Ariani. Instead he decided the duel was a draw. He explained that as it was a draw, the blood feud between the two houses was to be forgotten. But he knew it wouldn't be that easy, so he offered the blessing of the Inquisition and it's full backing in all matters if Drake and Ariani would marry, joining House Santiago and Valerian and making a powerful alliance between Orlais and Antiva. It was agreed and the two warriors married, surprisingly falling into true love. The couples son did not inherit his fathers magic, but he did inherit his mothers fighting spirit and skills, becoming a great warrior who joined the Inquisition as a way of repaying them for settling the feud between his two families.

That man is Laurentian, and he is Kain's father. Laurentian after joining the Inquisition quickly rose through the ranks due to a mix of high standing, natural talent, and charisma. He became a high ranking commander within the army, and remained so for several years until he met Theresa, an Antivan mage who fought for the Inquisition as well.(He didn't get his fathers magic, but he did inherit his taste in women) They married a few years later and had Kain. Kain was born with powerful magic coursing through his veins, but it was latent and he didn't show any actual arcane abilities until he was around thirteen. Because of this, everyone just assumed that like his father, magic had skipped his generation despite his grandfather and mother possessing the gift of magic. As a result, he was trained with the sword growing up, as his father was more than a little excited to have his son follow in his footsteps.

Until one day a boy who was two years his senior(his father liked to challenge him), began battering through his defenses with sheer strength. It was clear he had Kain on the ropes, and he panicked. The next strike from the boy never came though, as he was blasted away by an invisible force before he could land the final blow to decide the duel. Everyone was surprised, but the mages concluded that Kain had always had magic, just never been able to access it. It was a rare occurrence, but not unheard of. And him being in a frustrating and seemingly hopeless situation(even if it was just a training duel) allowed him to finally draw his powers to the surface. This newfound discovery meant that he had to begin his mage training immediately, as at his age he was very much a threat due to raw and uncontrolled power, as well as having no prior training meant that he was very susceptible to possession.

Mage training was incredibly different from normal fighting and challenged Kain like he never thought he would be. Impossibly long hours of nothing but studying. Learning proper breathing techniques and mental pictures for how to craft a spell into the world. Learning how to fight with a staff. It was grueling and he gained a new found respect for Mages as he lived and trained like one. But learning how to throw balls of fire, or create barriers...it was so surreal that the difficulty didn't matter. He just wanted to learn more. And learn more he did. From his mother, his grandfather, and the Inquisition's mages as well. He underwent years of training and had to work harder than most due to his fairly late start. It seemed to pay off though as he passed his Harrowing with flying colors and was officially titled as a Mage of the Inquisition on his twentieth birthday. As he was now officially a member of the Inquisition, he immediately went to work as a combat mage, fighting on the front lines when needed and in more specialized tasks when ordered.

He won many battles in the name of the Inquisition and even once traversed the Fade to save the Empress after a botched assassination attempt. This is and many other factors made him one of the top choices to become the next Inquisitor. When the position became available, a long debate was held, and finally it was decided that Kain would be the next leader of the Inquisition.

Other: Despite their wealth and status, Kain's parents don't seem to behave like the stereotypical Orelesian or Antivan. They're humble, dedicated, and hard working. They both engage in the political necessities that come with power(like "The Game" for instance), but only because it's necessary. They've tried to pass these virtues onto their son, but like all mortals he is not perfect. In fact it's the opposite, and he is very flawed. He loses his temper, makes mistakes, misjudges people; some would even say he hits the bottle too often...everything you would expect from a normal person.

The only difference is he has to work harder at being better because his mistakes tend to have large consequences. Also due to his recently gained status as Inquisitor, his houses have decided that control of House Valerian and House Santiago shall revert to other family members for the duration of his service to the Inquisition as Inquisitor. Should he be relieved of the position or fall in battle, his position shall be reinstated(posthumously in the case of the latter). To put it simply, his family decided that he would have too much power and didn't like that as he and his parents had seemingly shown more loyalty to the Inquisition. So now he holds no true power within his house as a member. Only his title and status remain. When he got the letter, all he could think of was how "appropriate" it seemed. His immediate family seemed to be the exceptions to the rule.

Additional Pictures

Ons: Seduction, Foreplay, Anal, Oral, Vanilla, Rough Sex, Public Sex(with a chance of getting caught)
Offs: Blood, Gore, anything bathroom related, etc...

He's finished.

Primarch

johnnyboyboy

Can't settle on a backstory that i like, i seem to alwas have this problem :/
Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

Primarch

johnnyboyboy

Yeah kind of, i have the basics sort of down but i want to give it more flesh as others have written more for theirs and it feels like i would not be putting in the same amount of effort. Also i like to write it as if from known things and observations then actual story if that makes sense.

Okay i think i am happy with what i put, if needed i can add more.
Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

xPeachyPuff

Omg, how did I miss all this?!?! I'm finishing my character off as I type this and I am so, so sorry for the delay here D:

- Rainbow ♥

xPeachyPuff

How does this look?

- Rainbow ♥

Player: xSnorkleRainbow
Character: Lilya Nolari.
Origin Path: Dalish Elf / Circle Mage.

Appearance: Short and lithe as Elves are known to be, Lilya stands at 5'2". She has long strawberry blonde hair, with a pale complexion and notable freckles across her face and other parts of her body. Her eyes are a serene blue and she has a few scars lining her back. Lilya also has the markings of a Dalish elf on her face in a slightly darker tone to her skin.

Position: First Enchanter
Class: Mage
Skills:
○ Spirit: Barrier > Guardian Spirit > Peaceful Aura > Dispel > Revival (Life Ward.)
○ Winter: Winter's Grasp > Fade Step > Mana Surge > Frost Mastery > Wall of Ice (Glacial Strength) > Blizzard (Ice Storm.)
○ Rift Mage: Veil Strike (Punching Down) > Pull of The Abyss (Shaken) > Fire Storm.

Equipment: Lilya wears simple, but effective Enchanter robes, giving her a boost to her maximum health as well as magic resistance. Her staff has been with her from her time in the Circle and is not only sentimental, but powerful. She prefers to wear casual clothing to her heavy enchanter robes. 
Mount: Red Hart named Aurora.

Favourite Gifts: Sweets, Jewellery, Books, Flowers.
Hated Gifts: ....She's grateful for everything someone wishes to gift her.

Backstory: Lilya was born to a clan of Dalish elves in the south of Orlais in a lush forest area named The Emerald Graves. Her mother and father were both clan hunters, so when their only child's magic began to manifest it came as a surprise to all. The clan was typical in its inner workings; they weren't fond of humans and believed in their ways completely. That being said, the group didn't tend to wander from their home in The Emerald Graves often, if at all. The only reason any of their group would leave was to hunt the surrounding areas. Lilya's magic began to manifest when she was around seven years old, an early bloomer compared to the other mages of her clan. It wasn't a secret that she was a Mage but the Keeper allowed her to stay with her family as she consulted her peers on what to do. With the numbers of Mages already considerably higher than any other clan their Keeper new of, the future looked bleak for Lilya. While her parents didn't outwardly disown her, they certainly changed their nurturing ways; being only seven at the time, to say Lilya was confused was an understatement.

The time soon came when Lilya was given a pack and sent on her way, to fend for herself in the woods away from her parents and everything she knew. It was hard for her, a simple child with nothing familiar around her all the while her powers increased. Without anyone to guide her, she struggled to control the magic she possessed. Her story would unfortunately get worse before it brightened. When she ran out of supplies and had tried her hand at hunting - her parents had taught her some basic things - Lilya wandered onto a road where she came across two humans. They scared her; she'd never dealt with or even seen a human before that moment and her parents and kin always spoke of how awful the 'shemlen's' were to people of their kind. The couple were riding a small merchants caravan that had seen far better days, and despite them being surprised at seeing a lone elf, and a child no less, on the road, they were kind to her. They offered her food and water and shelter; Lilya could hardly refuse.

That's when things began going downhill; like a never ending avalanche, Lilya fell down the side of the cliff face. The couple sold her to a low-class Orlesian lord the first chance they got. He owned a small plot of land just outside of Montfort and he lived alone, with no family to speak of. He was a stern, dirty, sadistic man who'd put on pleasantries for his guests while cursing them in his head. He liked no one. He was truly kind to no one. Including Lilya. She worked hard for him, tending his land, cooking his meals, cleaning his house, warming his bed; the latter not by any choice of her own. Sometimes he hit her when she did something wrong, sometimes he'd hit her for fun; his two favourite past times slowly became whipping her and fucking her. The years she spent under his roof were not fond memories, but they were all she could ever remember.

It was only when Lilya defended herself for the first time that she could finally leave his 'care'. Ice flashed from her hand as she protested and she froze his entire body in an instant, leaving him to die in a spike of ice, alone. The action traumatized her; she was in her late teens at this point. Without any inkling of what to do next, Lilya just sat outside his home and cried. Templar's eventually came and dragged her off for being an apostate and they threw her into the circle to become an apprentice mage, but Lilya was a shell of who she was at that point. It wasn't until she started mastering her powers that she realized she could be someone again, that she was important and that life was worth suffering. She passed her Harrowing a star pupil, in fact, the First Enchanter actually took her personally under his wing to educate her further in the arts of magic. He was the first human she ever actually trusted, especially after her rocky past with another human man, and him being a mage was a huge part of that. It wasn't ever clarified, but many thought that he wanted her to take his position once he was returned to the Maker. Shortly after that, the Circles were voted to disband; Lilya was not one of those who voted for the dissolving of the Circles but was classed a 'rebel mage' all the same.

Lilya wandered for a while after she was forced to leave the Circle of Magi in the company of the First Enchanter as well as a few other mages who were close to him. Their journey was a tough one; between the rouge Templar's and the rebel Mages, the unpredictable wildlife and the others who involved themselves in the whole mess, it was hard to get anywhere without being attacked. They fought their fair share of battles of which some of her companions did not survive. It was the First Enchanter who took the first step in fixing their predicament. He'd heard of an Inquisition who were in need of allies and decided to write to their leader. He expressed their situation and their interest in helping the Inquisition, to which they received a reply via raven, asking them to come to Skyhold to discuss their possible alliance. Unfortunately, the trip to Skyhold was not kind. During a battle with some sell swords the First Enchanter received a fatal blow and died shortly after. Lilya and the two other mages decided to continue onto Skyhold. They were met at the gates and Lilya led the discussion of their support after being titled by her comrades the 'First Enchanter'. Despite the title being unnecessary since the fall of the Circles, the Inquisition chose to keep in that role while setting the other mages to work with the rest of their allies.

Other: Lilya is a bit of a scatterbrain; she can be forgetful, anxious, careless and clumsy. This can sometimes make her neglect menial and even important tasks, but she always has the best intentions when it comes to the Mages and the Inquisition.
Extra Images

Ons: Romance, Passion, Bath/Shower/Rain Scenes, Kissing, Teasing. (Please see my O/O's for more info.)
Offs: Anal, Blood-Play, Toilet-Play, Feet, Pregnancy. (Please see my O/O's for more info.)

la dame en noir

Posting so that we can get more people! :3
A&A | FxF |

xPeachyPuff

Still waiting for Primarch to approve or disapprove of my character (:

- Rainbow ♥

la dame en noir

I don't see why your character wouldn't be approved! D:
A&A | FxF |

Primarch

Apologies, I had a ridiculous week. I'll get stuff sorted tomorrow, including the IC thread.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on February 09, 2015, 11:58:57 AM
Apologies, I had a ridiculous week. I'll get stuff sorted tomorrow, including the IC thread.

Don't worry, Primarch! Just take your time and I hope everything is OK on your end.

Thank you for everyone's lovely feedback about my character as well.

- Rainbow ♥

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on February 09, 2015, 02:11:40 PM
Thank you for everyone's lovely feedback about my character as well.

- Rainbow ♥

Speaking of which, she looks absolutely fine for the most part. Though her history leaves it a bit vague as to how she became a First Enchanter, especially so young. Flesh that out a bit and she'll be good to go.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on February 09, 2015, 04:39:15 PM
Speaking of which, she looks absolutely fine for the most part. Though her history leaves it a bit vague as to how she became a First Enchanter, especially so young. Flesh that out a bit and she'll be good to go.

Alrighty, I thought so too, to be honest. I was just a bit stuck at the time of writing it. But I'll give it a shot now.

- Rainbow ♥

Vergil Tanner

She could always have been the First Enchanter of her circle because some kind of cataclysm hit them and she was the most senior mage left? I mean, maybe increase her age a tad to 25 to make it more believable, but that's one way you could do it.
That's just me brainstorming, though. I actually started this post to say congratulations and welcome! :D :D I look forward to playing opposite Lilya soon! :D :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

xPeachyPuff

Edited by above profile. Does that look any better?

- Rainbow ♥

Primarch

Downtime IC Thread - Have fun. First War table coming when once you've all had a chance to mingle...and I find the time to finish my character. <.<

Snorkle, the app does look better but I will point out this game takes place long after the rogue Mages & Red Templars have been dealt with, which also means the Inqusition has had 80 years to develop as an organisation (including its magical element). If you could tweak to adjust please?

As mentioned above, it does seem most likely that someone of her age may get such a senior position if there were some event that devastated the Inquisition Circle.