News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Dungeon World] Fate's own Reward Character Thread

Started by wander, October 29, 2015, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Please place your character sheets here for easy reference when playing.

Acrazymage

Name: Aldara
Race:  Human
Class: Wizard
Look: Sharp eyes, Wild Hair, Worn robes, and Thin body
Alignment: Neutral
Stats:
         HP's: 13/13
   Str: 11   (+0)   Dex: 8   (-1)   Con: 9 (+0)
   Int: 16   (+2)   Wis: 15 (+1)   Cha: 13 (+1)

Racial Beneficial Move:
     Cleric Spell: At your touch wounds scab and bones cease to ache. Heal an ally of 1d8 damage.

Moves:
Spellbook (1 weight)
Prepare Spells: Number of prepared spells is current level +1
Cast a Spell: When you release a spell you.ve prepared, roll+Int. On a 10+, the spell is          successfully cast and you do not forget the spell.you may cast it again          later. On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
               • You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot (the GM                   will describe it)
               • The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast. --take -1                      ongoing to Cast a spell until you Prepare Spells again.
               • After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell                      again until you Prepare Spells.
Spell Defense: Craft an ongoing spell into a makeshift shield of arcane energy to deflect       an attack, the spell is ended and you subtract the spell's level from the          damage done to you.
Ritual: Draw on a place of power to create a magical effect.

Advanced Moves:

Cantrips:
Light
An item you touch glows with arcane light, about as bright as a torch. No heat or sound. Requires no fuel. You control color of the flame. Spell last as long as it is in your presence.
Unseen Servant
Conjure a simple invisible construct that can only carry items. It has a Load 2 and carries anything you hand to it. Can't pick up items. Can only carry things you give it. If it takes damage or is separated from you it is dispelled.
Prestidigitation
You perform minor tricks of true magic. If you touch an item as part of the casting you can make cosmetic changes to it: clean it, soil it, cool it, warm it, flavor it, or change its color. If you cast the spell without touching an item you can instead create minor illusions no bigger than yourself. Prestidigitation illusions are crude and clearly illusions; they won't fool anyone, but they might entertain them.

Spells:
Magic Missile (Level 1 Evocation)
Projectiles of pure magic spring from your finger. 2D4 dmg to one target
Detect Magic (Level 1 Divination)
One of your senses is briefly attuned to magic.
Alarm
Walk a wide circle. Until you prepare spells again your magic will alert you if a creature crosses that circle. Even if you are asleep, the spell will shake you from your slumber.

Prepared spells:
Currently allowed: 2
Magic Missile
Detect Magic

Gear:
(Current Load = 7)
Coins: 0
Spellbook (1 Weight)
Dungeon Ration (1 Weight) (5 uses left)
Back of books (2 Weight) (5 uses left)
Staff (1 Weight) (Two-Handed Weapon) (Close range) (1d4 dmg)
Healing Potions (3)
Antitoxin (3)

Bonds:
Thumper the Druid will play an important role in the events to come. I have foreseen it!
Dodge the Halfling Thief is keeping an important secret from me.
Gar the Fighter is woefully misinformed about the world; I will teach them all that I can.

Cassandra LeMay

Gar
Class: Fighter
Race: Human (once per battle reroll a single damage roll – yours or someone else's)
Alignment: Good (defend those weaker than you)
Look: Hard Eyes, unkempt hair and beard, calloused skin, lithe body
Level: 1
XP: 8

Stats:
Strength 12
Dexterity 16 (+2)
Constitution 15 (+1)
Intelligence 13 (+1)
Wisdom 9
Charisma 8 (-1)

Max. Hit Points: 25
Current Hit Points: 25
Damage: 1d10
Max. Load: 12
Current Load: 6

Moves:

• Bend Bars, Lift Gates (roll+STR to destroy an inanimate object)
  • Armored (ignore clumsy tag on armor)
  • Signature Weapon: Unblemished sword - Precise, +2 piercing

Gear:

• Signature weapon – see above (2 weight)
  • 8 throwing daggers
  • Leather armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
  • Adventuring gear (1 weight) | Uses: 5/5
  • 2 Healing Potions
  • Bandages | Uses 3/3
  • Dungeon rations (2 weight) | Uses 10/10
  • 6 coin

Bonds:
I have sworn to protect Ysolde the wizard.
Celion, the ranger, owes me his life, even if he might not admit it, after I helped him fight off monsters during a recent chance encounter in the wilderness.
I have my doubts about Thumper's ability to survive in a dungeon. As a druid he might not be well-suited for underground adventures.
I am not sure about the morals of Dodge, the thief. I'll keep an eye on him till I am more certain about what kind of thief he is.

Background & Starting Location
The fighter known as Gar has only recently come to this area but is easily recognized by the design of his sword and black leather armor as a member of the Venati, an ancient group of fighters from the Shark Tooth mountains in the far west, fighters dedicated to the eradication of monsters – if the coin is right.

When his farm was overrun by monsters, Gar was taken in by a Slayer at a young age and trained in their ancient art of swordfighting, but also in monster lore and other knowledge needed to defend the weak. What he does lack are social graces and a certain amount of wisdom, sometimes charging in where angels fear to thread, once he made up his mind that a cause is worth fighting for. Gar is stoic and determined, difficult to dissuade from a path he has chosen. Gar does not give his word easily but stands by it.

Currently Gar is somewhere south west of the wizard capital, in the small village of Henrir's Crossing. This is a fairly average village that owes its existence primarily to the ford it is name after. While the ford means there are travelers and traders passing through the village more or less regularly, most of them just stay a night or two on their way to more prosperous locals so not much commerce actually happens in Henrir's Crossing. The village sits on the higher of the two riverbanks and is defended by a palisade that is sturdy enough to keep wild animals and a few bandits out, but wont help much against a large, determined force.

ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Rish

Thumper, a Halfling Druid. - For a Fantasy Game run by Wander.

Exp: 12/??
LvL: 2
Class: Druid
Race: Halfling (You sing the healing songs of spring and brook. When you make camp, you and your allies heal +1d6.)

Name: Thumper (Sigrise)

Look: Wild Eyes, Furry Hood, Ceremonial Garb

Stats: Str 15 (+1), Dex 8 (-1), Con 13 (+1), Int 12 (+0), Wis 16 (+2), Cha 9 (+0)

HP: 19.
Base Damage: 1d6.

Starting Moves

Born of the Soil
You learned your magic in a place whose spirits are strong and ancient and they’ve marked you as one of their own. No matter where you go, they live within you and allow you to take their shape. When shapeshifting you may take the shape of any animal that lives in The Great Forest, which you call your land. Your tell is Rabbit Ears, this will stay with you no matter what form you take.

By Nature Sustained
You don’t need to eat or drink. If a move tells you to mark off a ration just ignore it.

Spirit Tongue
The grunts, barks, chirps, and calls of the creatures of the wild are as language to you. You can understand any animal native to your land or akin to one whose essence you have studied.

Shapeshifter
When you call upon the spirits to change your shape, roll+Wis. ✴On a 10+ hold 3. ✴On a 7–9 hold 2. ✴On a miss hold 1 in addition to whatever the GM says.
You may take on the physical form of any species whose essence you have studied or who lives in your land: you and your possessions meld into a perfect copy of the species’ form. You have any innate abilities and weaknesses of the form: claws, wings, gills, breathing water instead of air. You still use your normal stats but some moves may be harder to trigger—a housecat will find it hard to do battle with an ogre. The GM will also tell you one or more moves associated with your new form. Spend 1 hold to make that move. Once you’re out of hold, you return to your natural form. At any time, you may spend all your hold and revert to your natural form.

Studied Essence
When you spend time in contemplation of an animal spirit, you may add its species to those you can assume using shapeshifting.

Alignment
Chaotic (Gain 1xp when you destroy a symbol of civilisation)

Gear
Your current max load is 7. Current load from Gear: 4/7.

Hide Armour (1 armour, 1 weight), Shillelagh (close, 2 weight), Adventuring Gear (5 uses, 1 weight)

Bonds
Celion the Elven Ranger smells more like prey than a hunter.
The spirits spoke to me of a great danger that follows the Dodge, the Halfling Thief.
I have shown Ysolde the Human wizard a secret rite of the land.
Ysolde the Human wizard has tasted my blood and I theirs. We are bound by it.

Backstory

Sigrise was a halfling that had been abandoned into the forest as just a babe by his family. The sheer size, the sheer amount of siblings he had making it impossible for them to be able to keep Thumper, or as he was named upon his birth, Sigrise. This led to the unfortunate situation of them leaving him to perish from the animals of the woods and leaving, weeping back to their home. But...shockingly, or perhaps, surprisingly, he was instead taken in by the creatures of the forest. The spirits, forest itself guiding animals to take this action.

The forest took the child in, guiding beasts in the path it wanted them to take. He halfling grew, learning to speak with beasts instead of man. Learning to survive as a creature of the land instead of civilization. Understanding the concepts, the rule of the wild. Knowing not to kill recklessly, to target the weak, the sick, and the injured for an easy meal. His form changing into the beasts of the forest through the magic, the blessing the land had gave him. He learnt how to dig, to burrow under the ground and create his own den. To find food that didn't require him to hunt to eat.

He became a part of the forest. A spirit of the wild. A druid.

But he couldn't live as a beast forever. And Ysolde, a wizard that found him, that realized what he was showed him this. Throw magic she stopped him from attacking her, through magic she managed to speak with him through the language of beasts that he spoke. Through the knowledge of the wizard he learnt of the human tongue, and she knew of his life. The secret of the life of the land. It was less of a secret rite, and more the knowledge of how he had always been part of the forest. Of how he lived as a beast instead of a man.

Somehow Ysolde kept managing to find him, almost as if the forest led her to him as a beacon of knowledge. Slowly awaking the humanity in the spirit, in the druid and leading him to a warmer future. His days with Ysolde were always pleasant, and his animal urges found himself lusting for her. But his newfound humanity, it held him back. Kept them pleasant. Friendly. Warm...Eventually he began to wear clothes again. Learned to use tools instead of claws and fangs. Learned more of the forest than even animals could. Not from Ysolde, but by the land itself.

Eventually however Ysolde needed to leave. To seek things elsewhere. Before she left he had her go through a ritual he had learnt. Sharing their blood with each other, making their bond secure. 

With an adventurous spirit awakening the man-beast left the forest in a desire to see more of the world. He came across an elf, the elf smelling like prey. A curious being that he found himself keeping animals from attacking. Later the spirits whispered to him, guided him towards a being that shared the same height as him. The spirits spoke of a danger that followed him, hunted him like a predator after prey. A predator that the small being kept avoiding. Fitting his name quite well.

And that, was how, somehow, he found himself travelling with two very interesting beings. One that his animal side kept whispering to eat, while his humanity found curious. Another that spirited the curiosity of both his animal and his human side. It was a wonder what the future would bring...