Three sentences at a time. (What's lurking?)

Started by Spazadacious, November 20, 2017, 07:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spazadacious

Using only three sentences at a time. Let's see if we can get really creative on this idea. The story takes place in the woods that seem to never end....

I moved with cautious steps. Looking around the trees in the moon light. The noises that I could hear.
Your friendly neighborhood Professional Toilet Paper Shredder

Vellys

There was the sound of a babbling brook. I heard a bird cry out as it searched for food. Then there was the wind whispering through the branches of the trees around me.

Spazadacious

The bird turned out to be a lunatic raven. It never seemed to be quite as it looked down towards me. I heard a twig snap.

Vellys

I turned my attention to the sound of the twig. It came from where I could not see. The underbrush in this part of the forest was too thick for my eyes to penetrate.

Mirrah

I could see branches swaying, as though something had just quickly fled before my eyes could catch it. I wrapped my arms tightly around myself both for reassurance and in attempt to ward off the chill of night. Looking up through the branches overhead, I hoped that perhaps I could attempt to find the North Star or something else to guide me back to civilization.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Vellys

Ahead of me in the darkness, I thought I saw what looked like footprints in the soft moist earth. Was there someone else out here on this night... Or had I stumbled upon my own track?

Beguile's Mistress

Chills ran up and down my spine as the fingers of mist stroked my arms.  The vibrations of my racing heart swept through my body when darkness draped its cloak around me.  A deep breath steadied my nerves and with one foot ahead of the other I continued my journey through the depths of the woods.

Mirrah

At one point, I wondered if I was wandering in circles. Everything was starting to look the same to me. The trees, the brush, the dark night with random animal calls that made me feel as though my heart might burst forth from my chest, or maybe up through my throat.

Spazadacious

I tried to catch my breath that caught in my throat. The twig, that snapped minutes earlier turned out to be nothing. A wild rabbit passed by in a leap through the air.

Mirrah

Being a city slicker, I moved out of its way, of course. Only after I couldn't hear it any longer, did I continue trying to find my way out of this forest. I didn't have much hope of finding my way though, since I was completely out of my element yet I couldn't just sit around and do nothing, either...

Kazyth

I tried to remember the things I'd seen on TV, in movies, what I had read in books... anything that could be of use to me.  The whole exercise was fruitless though, as moss seemed to grown on random sides of every tree and I could not see the sun.  A tall, mostly-bare branch fallen recently into the rich loam of the forest floor at least provided me with a tentative weapon and walking stick both.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Mirrah

'If anything comes at me, I'm ready for it now!' I told myself. Who was I trying to fool though? As harmless as that rabbit had been earlier, I couldn't help remembering the dreaded Rabbit of Caerbannog and cursed my overly active imagination rearing its head now, of all times.

Kazyth

It was better to realize I should run and not fight, when you came right down to it.  I was no Shaolin Monk or Robin Hood, to actually know how to fight with a big stick.  Better to use the stick for clearing brush, checking for pits and snares, anything that meant I wouldn't be stuck in a strange forest surrounded by hungry whatevers while only able to hobble like a slasher movie victim...
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Belle33

But then, I thought of the words of my demented great aunt Maureen all those years ago.  I'd been told not to heed her foolish notions almost daily to ensure the instruction took root. And now, her musings stir in my mind like water nearing a boil, bubbles surfacing slowly until they all begin a race to top, "The warrior ought not flee."

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Mirrah

A slithering in the brush had my blood running cold, and I silently added 'snakes' to the list of 'Things To Avoid.' Other than rattlers or cobras, I had no real knowledge about which snakes were safe to be around and which were poisonous. I certainly wasn't about to go up to one and politely ask it to open its mouth for an inspection--besides, I'd heard nasty stories about spitting snakes--so forget your advice, Aunt Maureen, but I'm going to book it and live if I happen to see another snake!