https:// security certificate expired

Started by Peripherie, August 02, 2013, 07:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peripherie

This might have to do with the upcoming move but, I recently changed my E browser bookmark to the https:// secure version. And this afternoon I got a warning from Firefox when I tried to access that bookmarked page:

(Here is a screenshot)

Just wanted to point this out in case something needed to be updated/fixed.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Blythe

I also have this problem, although it is on Google Chrome. *nodnod*

Screenshot of what happens to me

Dovel

Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Rogue

Syene

I get the error as well. The clock on my computer definitely right (the former ISP tech support rep in me loves that Chrome suggests this as a possible source of the issue). Given the number of reports, I would be willing to say there might be something to this.
[tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Blythe

Also, after this https:// error thing started popping up, if I sometimes linger on a page on E, the page will suddenly divert to a weird "Sponsorship" page. This only ever happens when I am on Elliquiy, and this redirect has never occurred on any other website.

Vekseid

As I mentioned in another thread, the ssl cert expired yesterday. Will buy a new one once the move goes.

Blythe: PM me the link to the page you're getting sent to? If Elliquiy was compromised I'd be hearing about it from a lot more people.

Blythe

Ah, sat down and took a couple of hours, but after running a scan on my comp, turns out my comp had adware/malware of some sort. I have removed it, and E no longer displays the "Sponsorship" redirect or popup. Managed to solve my own problem! ^^

Sampais Wrath

I know it's been said that it is fixed but Chrome is not recognizing the security certificate. I don't believe Firefox is as well but I need to check. That warning popping up is really starting to get annoying.
I've got one brain cell bouncing around my head like a 2000s windows screensaver.

Discord always open to new friends! Feel free to pop in there. Warning! My cat has made me accidentally unfriend people there with impromptu head boops. If that happens and I don't realize it PM me here on E and we can restore contact!
Sampai's Wrath#9204

Vekseid

Isn't fixed yet, I'll get to it momentarily here.

Vekseid

New certificate purchased.

If you added the old certificate to your exceptions you should remove it.

Styx26

What's the name of the certificate? I Can't find it in Chrome and it keeps saying 'Cert_Invalid'.
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Vekseid

We are using Let's Encrypt now. What are you looking for, exactly?

Kye

Quote from: Styx26 on May 09, 2019, 12:18:43 PM
What's the name of the certificate? I Can't find it in Chrome and it keeps saying 'Cert_Invalid'.

Make sure to clear your browser's cache.  It can keep bringing that up even after it's fixed on some browsers.  I've heard that both MSIE and Chrome will cache the security certificate info.