News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Azerothian Plot Arcs

Started by Miss Arha, January 24, 2010, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Arha

I have noticed a fair number of people are World of Warcraft players.

Anyone interested in developing some Warcraft storylines?

I am not allowed to post in Adult sections yet, so this could be non-adult or adult. There is a wealth of Lore to draw upon and it is nice to see that people with literary talents such as all you folks are also into the battle between the Alliance and the Horde.

I am just putting it out there. Let's bash around some ideas, shall we?

A.
xxx

Aiden

As a fan of the world itself, I'd start a NA game with you if you'd like. I prefer playing Orcs, Tuarens, Human (last pick) and if the story is good a Blood elf.

Miss Arha

I love all the races, but prefer to focus on Blood Elves, as I love the lore that surrounds their addictive natures.

I hate to come across as somewhat of a complete noob, but what do you mean by 'NA' game?

Aiden

NA means "Non Adult" - No heavy adult content, fade to black scenes or very light sexual content (kisses, hugs, partial nudity).

Blood elves it is, what kind of story are you craving?

Romance? Action? Adeventure?
All the above?

Miss Arha

I was thinking of having a little of everything like you stated, but there is no reason why we have to stick to only Blood Elves. I love the idea of bringing in the undead, orcs and tauren as well.

There are battle campaigns that we could write about, or do a major scene from one of the Great Wars / the Burning Legion. What is your favourite story in the Warcraft verse?

Aiden

I like the horde, starting the second war and forward.

I like the splitting of the elves and bloodelves for a possible story, since they tend to live longer they can have longer drawn out stories.

What do you think of a story of two elves(high) who meet as young children and they are split apart by the second war. Meaning one would go into the dark portal and the other would stay behind and eventually become a "blood elf" back on Azeroth. Once the portal is open once more, she happens to run into him somehow and their history comes back to haunt them.

He still a loyal alliance retainer and her a fresh member to the horde. For this scenario my character is the high elf who is not drawn to the magic pull, but I see his slow transformation. I stay vague on the subject since I leave it open for character/plot development.

So the game would start around the end of warcraft 1, move onto warcraft 2/3 onto the current wow setting of BC and unto Wrath.

Miss Arha

Quote from: Aiden on January 26, 2010, 06:56:04 PM
I like the horde, starting the second war and forward.

I like the splitting of the elves and bloodelves for a possible story, since they tend to live longer they can have longer drawn out stories.

What do you think of a story of two elves(high) who meet as young children and they are split apart by the second war. Meaning one would go into the dark portal and the other would stay behind and eventually become a "blood elf" back on Azeroth. Once the portal is open once more, she happens to run into him somehow and their history comes back to haunt them.

He still a loyal alliance retainer and her a fresh member to the horde. For this scenario my character is the high elf who is not drawn to the magic pull, but I see his slow transformation. I stay vague on the subject since I leave it open for character/plot development.

So the game would start around the end of warcraft 1, move onto warcraft 2/3 onto the current wow setting of BC and unto Wrath.

Oooh, yeah. I love how the two sections of the race split and the Sin'dorei were left in Azeroth a magic hunger set of addicts. I would quite happy take that on. Why don't we post a biography here to start with and then we can figure out to begin it?

I will need to peruse WoWWiki again to refresh my knowledge of the wars and the High Elves etc. But sounds like a great idea to play around with.

Aiden

Congratulations on getting approved!

http://www.wowwiki.com/High_elves

Kaul Dawnblade- Age (Depends on start of the story)

Kaul was in line like the rest of his siblings to be preachers of the Holy Light, the humans introduced to the noble families when they entered into the alliance during the first of the wars. Despite his protest and natural finesse and grace to wield a blade fluently like some of his fellow warriors.

I was thinking we can start off the game slow, maybe they are school mates in Qual'Thalas during it's glory. The little I know about elves is they won't even leave their respective homes till at least a 100 years (all though I might be mixing up my DnD and Warcraft).
**my profile reflects that now**

Once the second war begins they might choose different paths to follow and we just fill in a little story before they meet up 10 years after the portal opens. Qual Thalas is in ruins, she becomes a blood elf.

So the story would start off with them as young elves still studying and learning and just enjoying the over all peace time the nation provides.

What do you think?

Miss Arha

I am in the middle of writing a background for my character - Verolina Drederion. 

And yeah they can be students of the arcane together, performing simple charms and reading scrolls into the wee hours in the morning. I am thinking my father would have to be a high ranking member of the council, like a magistrate or something.  I like the idea of having an authoritarian figure making me stick to a life of discipline and hard work.

Let me give it some more thought while I am work today. :)

Though I have to say, role-playing the scourge attacking Quel'Thalas will be lots of fun.

Miss Arha

I played around with the story last night, when I should have been updating my portfolio, but here is a wee taster of what I envision Verolina as. I know that we will play out the initial scenes before the invasion, but here is the perspective I will want to take my character from when we meet after the war.

Hope you like.

|| Name: Verolina Drederion ||
|| Race: Sin'dorei ||
|| Age: Unknown ||
|| Class: Frost Mage ||

Background History:
Born into this world a daughter to one of the Chief Magistrates in the fallen empire of Quel'Thalas, Verolina Drederion hailed from a line of the proudest, most educated and sophisticated of the High Elves.

When she was a young girl, her father, Magistrate Flerionus would often teach her the strength in the light of wizardry. Simple tricks ranged from mere charms of artificial sunshine to the transmorphosis of the elements. She loved being in contact with nature and the elements. Since she first knew of the existence of such magic, she had sought to become a mage. It was in her blood and wanted to continue the family line.

Her father was always surprised at how quickly she had picked up such magic and was confident that one day his daughter would serve in his stead when it was his time to step down from the courts. Even at the tender age of ten, she was capable of commanding the currents of the seas and the winds of the mountaintops. Her mother was actually concerned at how rapidly her skills were developing. Verolina knew happiness in adolescence, but tragedy soon stole away all her innocence...

Hearing word of the impending invasion during the Third Great War, Magistrate Flerionus took Verolina, now aged sixteen, away from the Empire’s borders to a safe place far away. Her father told her to stay in this place until the war abated and she was able to come back home. When it was safe. He awayed from her secret sanctuary, back to defend the Sunwell from the blight of the Scourge. There she stayed, alone, and confused in a place where even the light couldn’t penetrate.

The now corrupted Prince Arthas led the scourge against the Empire and all but a few were slain. While the Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider led a few of his followers to freedom to the lost continent of Outland, the Magistrate stayed to fend off the Undead on the front lines. Flerionus was one of the last few to defend the Sunwell from the Scourge. He fell in the most brutal and barbarous of ways. Some say that his screams were even heard by Verolina herself, leagues away from the Empire’s boundaries. The Blood Elf formation and the events that followed this, Verolina never witnessed. The new order was forged when Verolina was still in hiding. For some ten years, she remained in solitude. Many creatures spoke to her there, in the shadows, often tormenting her dreams as she slept.

The balance of the three elemental magicks became imbalanced there, as she hid, alone and weak. The arcane forces of the earth deserted her completely and the fire within her struggled to breathe in the dank recesses of her hiding place. No longer would she be able to control the seas of Azeroth or speak to the birds in the trees, as something much more primal was at work. She was brutally betrayed by the earth and fire elements as they fled her. She lost all hope of ever returning to the Empire, if indeed it still existed. She sensed the death of her parents and the stench of the creatures who murdered them. Hatred began to brew within her heart, turning it as black as the shadows in which she now dwelled. Things continued to call out to her, unnatural things, malevolent things.

Ice daemons and spirits began to fill her full of primal, black frost magic. A void was left within her as all her arcane subsistence faded away, leaving her heart to fill up with whisperings of frozen chaos and chilled misery. All light was extinguished completely, her heart a block of ice. She spent months in contact with such beings. She knew not of their names or what they had meant for her, but she grew stronger each day she spent in their arms. They consumed her and joined with her, used her for their perverted appetites, and subjected her to sweet mental tortures.

One night, the night of a sapphire blue moon, a boreal spectre daemon by the name of Rezhurul came to her for a final possession; taking the form of her father. Crying in the arms of this icy apparition, she spent her last mortal goodness. The daemon consoled her and told her it was her time to rise to power. It was then that the daemon consumed a part of her soul to make her one with the frozen ether, an ice mage.

The daemon banished her from her own sanctuary to the borders of the new Empire of Silvermoon, where she was to seek out an army, an army capable of rising to power, to crush the enemies of Quel'Thalas.

Aiden

That is an awesome profile and it fits in well with Kaul's transformation/development as a character.

Did you want to keep this game strictly NA? Or move it into the Adult sections?

Also would you prefer to kick off the game or shall I with the first post? I want to start the game when they are younger to establish their friendship/lovers so when they are pulled apart it leaves bitter pain for reasons they could not control.

I see a good part of this game in Qual'Thalas for the start of it.

You can PM me also, if you want to go into further details.

Miss Arha

You know, I don't normally play dominant roles, but I do love evil roles. I see Verolina as quite quite evil in her intentions, but due to her isolation and having been tormented for so long, will no doubt be quite inexperienced in being the 'villainess'. 

I would love to take it to the adult sections, as it would be interesting to see how your character develops. I am just about to peruse your ons and offs, but do you enjoy dominant roles? Perhaps your pining for my character when separated from her drives you to some acts of 'fun'? Verolina would be so bitchy and unwilling that it could unravel in a very dark and twisted manner. It depends on what makes your character tick. ;)

Aiden

Aggressive dominant rolls are typically my favorite, but that will come in time...when they are younger I don't see them having many reasons to be so angry.

Excuse my lack of detail for my character, I like to keep my writing partners guessing and curious what will come next.  ;D

Do you need help with the setting? I can write up the post to get started if you want me to begin.

Miss Arha

I meant towards the end, she is all sugar and spice and all things nice at the beginning.

I think we could write the first part here and have a link to the adult sections later.

By all means, feel free to start and set the scene.

And it is good to be kept guessing. I will try and do the same for you. I will no doubt deviate on certain bits. I just wrote that last night on a bit of whim. Hehe.

Aiden

Sounds like a plan, I'll write up the beginning this evening, so hopefully by the time you are back online you will have a link here and in your PM box to begin.

My first post normally takes a little longer then others so I can set up a good setting to get us going.

Miss Arha

Understandable.

I look forward to it. It will be my first RP here. ;)

Aiden

Start of our story!

Link above, I took a few liberties with your character. Placing her in an academy while he studies elsewhere and a small routine they follow.

To follow the site rules, I say we stay at the youngest age this site allows (16).

Hope you like, Enjoy!

Miss Arha

A small guideline that I found on my old private server regarding the age of the Blood Elves. I will not change my profile in this topic as it is not in story, but take a look at this:

High Elf/Blood Elf

Adulthood: 110
Middle Age:175
Old Age: 263
Venerable: 350
Lifespan:354-390

So if we are to be 16 - then we are talking about 97 years old (if 18 is adulthood).

Let's say my hundred year old birthday is coming up. lol.

Aiden

I'm not to critical as long as we don't break any site rules.

So looks like this thread became our OOC for our game, awesome!

Miss Arha

Yeah, that is fine. It is good to have an OOC thread for such things. :)