M.O.R.A.N.A :: A Hitmen/Mafia Type of Game [Seeking a Don, amongst others!]

Started by Faustus, December 28, 2012, 12:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faustus

Okay, team!

Character Profiles and Relationships || Out of Character

All accepted players need to re-post their character into the Character Profiles thread, and feel free to go harass the Out of Character area.

For all others stumbling on this, Yes, we're still open to players! Very open, truth be told. Keep those characters rolling in!

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Sabre

Username : Sabre
Player Preferences : Leaning female, but open.

Full Name : Reis Sinan Bey
Codename and Nicknames : Various with the language of the country he operates in, but usually cognate with "Nomad"
Age and Birthdate : 40, 23 January
Marital Status : Single
Occupation : Assassin and gunman for hire from Europe, here in the city as a foreign correspondent for an international newspaper.
Alliance : Neither, at first, though knowledgeable about the existence of the Loyalists only.

Height : 190 cm (6'2")
Weight : 79 kg (174 lbs)
Body Type : Built
Hair : Black curls, medium length
Eyes : Greyish blue
Distinguishing Features : None
Optional Image : 1 2 3

• Reading
  • Women
  • Computers
  • Investigation
  • Spicy Food
Dislikes :

• Rain
  • Humidity
  • Bureaucracy
  • Drugs and other forms of substance abuse
  • Uncleanliness
Weaknesses :

• Old wounds
  • Cold
Strengths :

• Boxer's reach
  • Eloquent
Fears :

• Heights
  • Drowning
Goals : Plenty have come and gone in life, some fulfilled and many abandoned.  Right now, aimless, moving from one job to another.
Secrets : He's betrothed to a woman he's never met.  Her family knows nothing about his true career, and he knows even less about the life they would want for him should he ever return.  At times he has considered calling it off, but remains concerned about a future beyond the killing.

Personality : Eloquent and well spoken most of the time, Bey is naturally polite and accommodating in his speech.  Yet the line between friendliness and threatening or manipulative is easily, and regularly, crossed.  An unassuming conversation with him could turn much more serious in just a sentence or two, turning him from a good listener to a demanding and dominating presence. [under construction]

History : [under construction]

Sexuality : Heterosexual
Turn On's : (Put simply, you may name a few of your character's greatest YES PLEASE items. You may simply directly link us to your own Ons and Offs if you do not feel like typing this section out.)
Turn Off's : (These are your hard-limit NO'S with your character. You may directly link us to your Ons and Offs if your character's hard-limit no's happen to coincide with your own.)
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes; PM First
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Yes

Anything Else? In the process of fleshing out his history and what role he'll be playing - perhaps he's assigned a Brain as a hitman on loan or to give him a personal tour of the Don's operation as an observer.  Maybe as a reporter he looks to investigate the secret war between the rebels and hitmen by following another player for clues or a story.

Alright, while the personality, history, and details of his strengths/weaknesses and fears need work, what do you think of this character so far?  Will he have a place in this little world?

xPeachyPuff

Wow, he looks really cool Sabre (: I'm sure he'd fit in! Also, sexy pictures.

-xSRx

Faustus

He looks wonderful so far, Sabre! I really like where you are taking this character. I agree that he will, more than likely, be given a Brain, as he will be working with the Trinity Seekers in some form or fashion. He would definitely want one to tend to him during the stay. It's an interesting thought, too, to allow him to almost shadow other players for that reporting job..

All in all, I can't wait to see you finish foraging this man out! He looks stellar, and I can't wait to work with him! Amazing job!

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

persephone325

I'd be interested in playing a female rebel. But I know you need males... I wouldn't want to throw off the balance.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Faustus

Quote from: persephone325 on January 01, 2013, 08:51:59 PM
I'd be interested in playing a female rebel. But I know you need males... I wouldn't want to throw off the balance.

We do, for romantic purposes for female characters. HOWEVER, I would love to see your rebel, seeing as how I don't have anyone playing one selectively at this moment! :-) So, please, feel free to submit a CS for your character!

persephone325

Quote from: Faustus on January 01, 2013, 09:38:08 PM
We do, for romantic purposes for female characters. HOWEVER, I would love to see your rebel, seeing as how I don't have anyone playing one selectively at this moment! :-) So, please, feel free to submit a CS for your character!

OK! It might take me a bit due to some RL inconveniences. But I'll get it up as soon as I can. :)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Faustus

Quote from: persephone325 on January 01, 2013, 10:21:50 PM
OK! It might take me a bit due to some RL inconveniences. But I'll get it up as soon as I can. :)

Take your time! No rush! Real life always comes before these games. :-)

Kdyami

Hey everyone. I'm interested in join you guys but have to see if my muse agrees, should have something up tomorrow mid dayish.  I'm considering playing the trainer.  I'd like to background in the military. Do those types of organizations still exist internationally or did hitmen replace them too?
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Faustus

Quote from: Kdyami on January 02, 2013, 03:51:31 AM
Hey everyone. I'm interested in join you guys but have to see if my muse agrees, should have something up tomorrow mid dayish.  I'm considering playing the trainer.  I'd like to background in the military. Do those types of organizations still exist internationally or did hitmen replace them too?

Still exist! I never did add that to the FAQ, did I? That's my fault, and I am sorry.

Ultimately, it was decided both police and military would still exist. However, police are pretty much owned by the Trinity Seekers. As for the military, though the Seekers do not own them, they are affected by them and regularly combed for new recruits.

PoisonousKitty

Faustus

Quote from: PoisonousKitty on January 02, 2013, 11:12:06 AM
I'm up for this :) what exactly are you still needing :)

We're low in the male category, so if you want to pick up one that would be nice! We don't have many rebels, but we also, curiously, don't have many men with the Hitmen (both as Hitmen or Brains). But overall, you can play whatever you fancy! We would love to have you!

PoisonousKitty

Faustus

Quote from: PoisonousKitty on January 02, 2013, 03:44:31 PM
Ok then give me a day or two and i'll come up with something :)

Awesome! Take your time, I know the CS can be a friggin' nightmare. Last time I make one that long, haha! Have fun creating your character, and know we wait on haired breath! ;-)

persephone325

Quick question; do you want the CS messaged to you as well as posted here?
I don't know.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: persephone325 on January 02, 2013, 04:50:35 PM
Quick question; do you want the CS messaged to you as well as posted here?

That's what I did, Persephone (:

-xSRx

persephone325

I don't know.

CurvyKitten

Nods~ I posted them here too.

OH I should work on Back Ground ties as well. Anyone open to a few with my girls?

Chreestafer

K
Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 02, 2013, 05:43:02 PM

OH I should work on Back Ground ties as well. Anyone open to a few with my girls?

I was just bout to pose the same question hahaha anyone interested?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

xPeachyPuff

If you'd be up for having one of your girls being close friends with MC then I'd be up for that (: Obviously she's completely lost her memory, but it could cause tension later on if you'd like that.

-xSRx

Vladimir valentine

If its ok I think dragon and Tira are likely to know one another since they are the same rank assassin.

Faustus

To answer about CS's and what to do with them, you can post them here, but PMing them to me is also strongly encouraged.

As for character relationship building, I am also open to anyone wanting to form one with Bernard.

persephone325

Quote from: Faustus on January 02, 2013, 06:20:49 PM
To answer about CS's and what to do with them, you can post them here, but PMing them to me is also strongly encouraged.

Gotcha.

I also wouldn't mind if anyone wanted to link up with my rebel.
I don't know.

Sabre

Username : Sabre
Player Preferences : Leaning female, but open.

Full Name : Reis Sinan Bey
Codename and Nicknames : Various with the language of the country he operates in, but usually cognate with "Nomad"
Age and Birthdate : 40, 23 April
Marital Status : Single
Occupation : Assassin and gunman for hire from Europe, here in the city as a foreign correspondent for an international newspaper.
Alliance : Neither, at first, though knowledgeable about the existence of the Loyalists only.

Height : 190 cm (6'2")
Weight : 79 kg (174 lbs)
Body Type : Built
Hair : Black curls, medium length
Eyes : Greyish blue
Distinguishing Features : None
Optional Image : 1 2 3

• Reading: There's little in this world more endearing or relaxing than an evening with a few good chapters or articles to read.  It helps remind someone that not everything they read has to be a hit list in a sealed envelope, and that some people are immortal and beyond his reach.
  • Women: Or just love of the feminine.  The soft, the elegant, and the graceful help distract from the hard, harsh and brutal world he must regularly plunge himself into.
  • Computers: Technology was, is and will always be fascinating.  He's no tech junkie or expert, but he refuses to grow old in the digital world long after he's grown old in the analog world.
  • Investigations: Secrets are worth keeping, but their true value lies in their discovery.
  • Spicy Food: An iron stomach isn't very picky to begin with, but spicy foods make him feel alive.
Dislikes :

• Rain: Nothing will end the day early for him than a downpour.  God rests not on Sundays, but on every rainy day.
  • Humidity: It's like drowning in absolute nothing without sweet death to end it all.
  • Bureaucracy: Overhead cost should only involve legwork, and moving up and down an office building shouldn't count.
  • Drugs and other forms of substance abuse: A man must have a code, and a body to fulfill it.
  • Uncleanliness: ... and he should look good while fulfilling it.
Weaknesses :

• Old wounds: A lifetime of war and soldiering on the streets have given most of his wounds time to heal, but every so often they return to ache and remind him there are better ways to chase down a target than parkour over a dangerous cityscape like his younger self would.
  • Cold: And what better way to revive said aches than the cold.
Strengths :

• Boxer's reach: For most of his life, it was less about how you carried yourself than knowing what to do with your hands.
  • Eloquent: Sometimes his target begged and struck deals.  Sometimes he listened.  Sometimes he argued.  Decades later and he's hard pressed to lose these arguments any more.
Fears :

• Heights
  • Drowning
Goals : Plenty have come and gone in life, some fulfilled and many abandoned.  Right now, aimless, moving from one job to another.
Secrets : He's betrothed to a woman he's never met.  Her family knows nothing about his true career, and he knows even less about the life they would want for him should he ever return.  At times he has considered calling it off, but remains concerned about a future beyond the killing.

Personality : Eloquent and well spoken most of the time, Bey is naturally polite and accommodating in his speech.  Yet the line between friendliness and threatening or manipulative is easily, and regularly, crossed.  An unassuming conversation with him could turn much more serious in just a sentence or two, turning him from a good listener to a demanding and dominating presence. [under construction]

History : [under construction]

Sexuality : Heterosexual
Turn On's :
Turn Off's :
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes; PM First
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Yes

Anything Else? In the process of fleshing out his history and what role he'll be playing - perhaps he's assigned a Brain as a hitman on loan or to give him a personal tour of the Don's operation as an observer.  Maybe as a reporter he looks to investigate the secret war between the rebels and hitmen by following another player for clues or a story.

Small update.  If we begin soon, would it be alright to leave his history barebones if I don't manage to finish it?  Unless someone has a cool idea it'll be mostly irrelevant to the setting here.  I have the story in my head, just having some trouble putting it down in text (though it's probably the roadtrip I just finished).

Faustus

Sabre,

Seeing as how all you really have left is the History section and the character O/O's, I will excuse it not being completely finished and allow him in. :-) Though, feel free to finish him up as you can once you have him posted to the character sheets thread, okay? Otherwise, he still looks phenominal, and I welcome both you and he to the game!