Looking to Rp while I wait for approval

Started by Avrix, July 30, 2010, 10:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Name: Steven Glassjaw

Bio: Steven has always lived in poverty, etching out a living by doing a variety of jobs, he is a hard worker but has very little to show for it. He lives in a one room hut, something he wants to change one day. He has always wanted to go sailing, but has never really had the nerve to do it because he has a fear of deep water and doesn't like the idea of being sunk by pirates. He is quite cheeky and likes to pitch his many talents to anyone who will listen, no matter what time of the day it is, or how sober the person is.

General Description: Steve has shoulder length brown hair, is 6ft tall and is quite muscular due to all of the odd jobs he has done over the years. His usual outfit is a white shirt with a brown waistcoat over it, brown trousers and black buckle shoes. Blue eyes and a beard, he also keeps his hair tied back in a ponytail so that it doesn't interfere with his vision. His skin is quite tanned because he spends most days working outside because of the searing sun beating down on his hometown.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

orderNchaos

Ok, so does someone who's comfy with the process want to post this up on an appropriate adult thread since our last captive has been approved as of today and no one who's shown interest in playing is unapproved!!

Hunter Phoenix

Are we doing it in an adult RP or non adult RP area?

orderNchaos

Quote from: Hunter Phoenix on August 24, 2010, 10:21:13 AM
Are we doing it in an adult RP or non adult RP area?

Adult, one of the last captives we were waiting for got approved today, so we can move it.  I would put it somewhere that allows a bit of excess on the part of the crew.  Nothing too extreme, but something that includes bondage and probably the level of NC.

Hunter Phoenix

that sounds good, will have to let me know when its up and running cause i dont know what area it should go in lol im currently a poster in the non adult area

orderNchaos

Here we go!

The Red Chimera - Scourge of the Jango Coast(Pirate NC)

We need the first mate and anyone else who wants to be a crew member or captive to post a character sheet. 
           Crew members (first mate) make them pretty detailed, pictures if possible.
           Captives or heros, quick profile as to why you are important enough to capture and not kill or important enough to be a hero.

Start posting once you've put up your character sheet.

Hunter Phoenix

I'll post in it in a little bit, kinda havent got an idea for a post yet lol

Sophidian

I'm alive! I swear! I'll post that character in two seconds once I find a picture! I am so sorry for being delayed. Blame the storms around here.
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Sophidian

Name: Mackenzie "Mac" O'Malley
Brief Bio: Said to be a descendant of the famous Grace O'Malley, Mac doesn't say yes or no to whether she is or isn't. In fact, she rarely says anything at all. All that's really known is that she's been on many ships from the time she was a tot; her parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents have been in the trade, trying to steal to save their lives.

O'Malley met the Red Queen when younger, almost a decade ago, when she was captured by her family during the attack on the HMS Red Queen. She worked as the galley maid, at least to the outside eye. When Kagan killed the Captain, her uncle, she barely batted an eye. She'd rather be alive and alone than dead because of a foolish move. Since then, her loyalty has resided with the Red Queen and has yet to waver.

General Description: Though without any significant title, the rumors of Mac have become legends in their own right. Was she married? Did she kill so-and-so? Could it be that she wasn't human, which is why she never speaks? Though short, barely over five-foot, she's been known to settle barfights both involving and not involving herself. Around her throat, she wears a black velvet band which represents both her voluntary mute status (to most people) and the Irish folk-tune. Though her loyalty is to her new Queen, she still has a bracelet with pieces of wood from her original ship.

((My Internet is so bad right now that it literally took me from the time of the last post until now to get that picture up...))

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

orderNchaos

I love it!  Three females running a pirate ship...this could be fun!

Sophidian

I do hope it's okay that I included my character in your character's past. I thought it would make a good depth to the RP ;)

-- Anton Chekhov

orderNchaos

that works, full creative license is acceptable.  I'd rather you go crazy than not do anything.

Sophidian

I'm the same way! I find that there's a lot more fun if people know each other for awhile in the story.

-- Anton Chekhov

orderNchaos

Ok, new OOC and Character thread to accompany the game thread.  If you haven't already please post any NEW CS in the OOC thread if you want to join. 
The Red Chimera - Scourge of the Jango Coast(OOC)

For the Newbies who want to get in on this, let me know in this thread, once you're approved we can get you started. 

Sorry this was originally a Non-adult RP but everyone got approved and we changed it!  ehehehhee

Jaydon

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 24, 2010, 03:47:31 PM
Ok, new OOC and Character thread to accompany the game thread.  If you haven't already please post any NEW CS in the OOC thread if you want to join. 
The Red Chimera - Scourge of the Jango Coast(OOC)

For the Newbies who want to get in on this, let me know in this thread, once you're approved we can get you started. 

Sorry this was originally a Non-adult RP but everyone got approved and we changed it!  ehehehhee

Hi all, I don't know if any of you are still looking in on this thread, but I'd like to get involved.  I'm a newbie to this forum but not to RPing.  The story sounds great, I love the twist of an all female pirate crew.  I have a few ideas for a character, and I'm more then willing to develop any characters you might need.  So if you have a need, just let me know.  I'd rather not play a female character, I'm male and have never played one before.  I'm not approved yet so I'll need to wait for that.  So here are my character ideas which I can elaborate on if you like any of them.
I can be the foolish hero that hears of a beautiful female captive that he can rescue and win the favor of the Governor.
I can be one of the captives later in the story, when ever you need another captive, a young boy of a prominent merchant in London, or an admiral of a captured ship that some country would pay handsomely to have back.
I can be a rival pirate that has a personal grudge against Scarlett "Red Queen" Kagan.  Maybe a family member to Mackenzie "Mac" O'Malley.
If you want me to tweak any of these or play someone different, I'm up for it.  I can also play 2 or more of these characters if you want.  Some might be more like camioes (sorry no idea how to spell that) so I wouldn't have difficulty with playing more then one of them.

orderNchaos

Jaydon, Welcome to E and I hope you're having a fun and interesting approval process.  All of your character ideas sound fun.  You are welcome to play an outside character as you suggested, but you may want to also consider either a crew member or a captive (just keep in mind all but one of the main characters are female).  The only reason I mention that is if you are playing a character outside the ship you could be RPing alone for a while.  I am more than happy to run a couple of NPC's to interact with you, but they wouldn't be too indepth.

Think about it as you're doing your questions and such, once you're approved put a character up in the OOC thread and I'll let you know if you're free to join.

Jaydon

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 29, 2010, 11:32:47 PM
Jaydon, Welcome to E and I hope you're having a fun and interesting approval process.  All of your character ideas sound fun.  You are welcome to play an outside character as you suggested, but you may want to also consider either a crew member or a captive (just keep in mind all but one of the main characters are female).  The only reason I mention that is if you are playing a character outside the ship you could be RPing alone for a while.  I am more than happy to run a couple of NPC's to interact with you, but they wouldn't be too indepth.

Think about it as you're doing your questions and such, once you're approved put a character up in the OOC thread and I'll let you know if you're free to join.

Thank you.  I'd very much like to RP with you all, it sounds like a great story.  How about I play the young hero that comes to save the female captive.  He fails and becomes captive himself.  We can take it from there and see what happens.  I will also play the rival pirate that will show up from time to time to battle the Red Chimera.  I'll develop those two characters and post them here or in the adult section if I'm approved by then.  I have a soccer game tomorrow after work so I wont be able to get on, but Tuesday I'll post.  I'm very open to playing what's needed, so let me know if there are other characters needed.  I think I'll enjoy being a captive or more then one, haha.
I can try a female shipmate on the Red Chimera, but I'm not sure I'd do very well, I've developed female characters before, but I've never fully played one.  For the adult content I think she'd have to be a lesbian, lol.

orderNchaos

Quote from: Jaydon on August 29, 2010, 11:46:53 PM
Thank you.  I'd very much like to RP with you all, it sounds like a great story.  How about I play the young hero that comes to save the female captive.  He fails and becomes captive himself.  We can take it from there and see what happens.  I will also play the rival pirate that will show up from time to time to battle the Red Chimera.  I'll develop those two characters and post them here or in the adult section if I'm approved by then.  I have a soccer game tomorrow after work so I wont be able to get on, but Tuesday I'll post.  I'm very open to playing what's needed, so let me know if there are other characters needed.  I think I'll enjoy being a captive or more then one, haha.
I can try a female shipmate on the Red Chimera, but I'm not sure I'd do very well, I've developed female characters before, but I've never fully played one.  For the adult content I think she'd have to be a lesbian, lol.

If you really want to get into some fun plot and character development, work out a rival Pirate Captain that isn't necessarily against us but more healthy (or not) competition. An equal as you will to the Red Queens skill. Ok, that might be hard to match. ;)

Sophidian

-- Anton Chekhov

finewine

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
"There is always some madness in love,
 but also some reason in madness...
That which is done out of love
takes place beyond good and evil."
 -Friedrich Nietzsche
[/td][/tr][/table]

Jaydon

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 30, 2010, 03:49:26 PM
If you really want to get into some fun plot and character development, work out a rival Pirate Captain that isn't necessarily against us but more healthy (or not) competition. An equal as you will to the Red Queens skill. Ok, that might be hard to match. ;)

Hi all, for some reason I didn't get approval.  I have no idea why.  I didn't do anything that I know was wrong.  Sorry I can't play those characters with you all, it sounded like a lot of fun.  I'll try again I guess in 6 months.  I wish I knew why I didn't get approval.  Good luck and have fun.

orderNchaos

That totally sux Jaydon.  I'm sorry to hear that!  I hope you'll lurk around a bit and keep us posted.  Would have been fun having a rival pirate to play with.

Jaydon

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 30, 2010, 10:38:30 PM
That totally sux Jaydon.  I'm sorry to hear that!  I hope you'll lurk around a bit and keep us posted.  Would have been fun having a rival pirate to play with.

I'll stick around if I can.  but since I don't know why I didn't get approval, I'm not sure I can conform to what ever the leaders want to be able to get in next time.  If anyone happens to know and is able to review my questioner and let me know, I'd be very grateful.  I don't expect anyone to know.  I just wish I knew what was needed from me.  Good luck with the story, I would have loved to play the pirate.  I was thinking that if the story got popular and we had many people join, my character could even become a leader of a ship.  This would give us room for growth.  If you all like the character and want it, go ahead and use my idea.  I don't mind.  Have fun!

AAA111

Would anyone be interested in a roleplay such as best friends, dating couple, or something?

orderNchaos

AAA111 this thread is for people who are interested in joining our current game.  Please do not spam it with individual requests.  Thanks