Come RP with me (F seeking M or F)

Started by ladia2287, September 22, 2013, 04:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladia2287

Edit: Please read this and pay attention to it. All of it. I don't want to get halfway through talking about a roleplay idea with you only to have to keep referring you back here. If I've given you a link to this thread it's because there is information here that you NEED TO KNOW about me. I may not have been on this site for very long, but I've already had a number of people waste my time by waiting until the roleplay is active before they decide that they don't like my style of roleplaying. That really pisses me off, because it's time that I could have dedicated to a roleplaying partner with whom I work well.
Okay, enough of ranting. Please read the below :)

I'm generally open to ideas and suggestions with plot, but my essential requirement is that there must be a plot! Even if I'm not too keen on your idea, I may come around with a little negotiating so please don't be afraid to shoot me a PM with an idea. If I definitely couldn't play it, I will let you know but I'm pretty open minded.

I know that English is a second or even third language for many people on this site, but please put in an effort to write well and use proper spelling and grammar. Typos will happen to the best of us, but if my 3 year old niece speaks and writes better English than you do, I will eventually pull you up on it.

I am more likely to be extremely enthusiastic about Medieval/Fantasy roleplays than anything else, and my current craving is assassin x target, with me playing the target. If you suggest an idea that involves this, I will proclaim you my hero ;)

I'm also craving a 'beauty and the beast' theme. However, I would prefer for the 'beast' to be a cold, cruel human rather than an actual animal.

Major Plot Craving!

For some time now, a war has raged between two rival kingdoms. One of the two has been absolutely destroyed, its people forced to hide wherever they can. Their King is dead and his only child, a beautiful Princess, has not been seen for days. Many fear she died in an attack that reduced the royal castle to rubble.

The victorious army sweeps through the broken city-state. Men are killed on sight and women and children are captured. Among the prisoners is a young beauty who refuses to give her name or even to speak, and none of her fellow captives seem to have any clue who she is. It is decided that she will be presented as a gift to the victorious King who, upon learning her identity, orders her to be killed. But he has a son. One who, upon seeing her, decides that he wants her for himself and persuades his father to let him have her instead

This could go one of two ways. Does the Prince take pity on his prize and treat her kindly, freeing her from the Executioner's block out of compassion? Or is he as selfish and cruel as his father, only sparing her life to force her to serve his needs? It's up to you :)

I'll gladly do light to moderate bdsm, but only light to moderate, and I'm afraid I'm not very good as a Dom so I would only likely consent to play a submissive character.

Some guidelines to role playing with me:

To make things easier for both of us, please bear the following in mind before deciding to engage me in a roleplay. Also, please read my O&Os, which are linked at the bottom.

1: My post length does vary. Sometimes quite dramatically. Whilst I will try to avoid posting a single sentence, because I know how irksome it can be, sometimes the nature of the scene or the style of the other player gives me little other option. My posts can vary from a couple of sentences to four or five paragraphs, depending on the scene. If you're one of those players who insists on all posts being a minimum length, then I'm afraid there's a chance role playing with me won't work. You're likely to get annoyed at me based on length of replies alone, and I'm likely to get annoyed at you for getting annoyed at me when I am actually putting thought and effort into my role playing.

Please also note that I tend to find miles-long posts difficult to follow unless they are broken up into appropriate-sized paragraphs. There's no point giving me a nice, juicy, long post to read if it isn't formatted well or contains a lot of 'noise' that doesn't need to be there, because it's going to take me longer to sort out which details I do need to have in order to continue the story.

2: Communicate with me, please. Making it up as we go along is great, I love it, but roleplays last longer if we are on the lookout for potential plot twists and suggesting said twists to each other. I'm happy to roleplay either on a forum or by PM, but you'll find I tend to prefer forum, and there is a very good reason for this. OOC discussions are important if the roleplay is to last more than a dozen posts. A good role player is always on the lookout for ways to make the story more exciting. Also, please have enough courtesy to let me know if you have to leave or might not post for a few days. I don't enjoy staring at my computer screen and wondering why you suddenly stopped replying.

3: Please, no Godmodding. This includes meta gaming and power play. Easiest way to get me to lose interest in a game is to give me little to no say in how my character will respond in a given situation.

4: If you're going to leave my character somewhere, please at least take up an NPC for me to interact with. It's not that hard. It can be anyone; a servant, a passer-by, even an animal. Just give me something to work with.

5: In order to keep my interest, please don't start a roleplay with me if you cannot post at least once a week. And for the sake of courtesy, please keep me in the loop via PM if you cannot post. This is so that I know you are still interested. If two weeks pass and I haven't heard from you, I will send a polite interest check. If another two weeks pass you may well find I will close the RP, with or without informing you.

ladia2287

Edit: added Guidelines to Roleplaying with me, due to some rather impolite behaviour from a couple of people I was trying to set up a plot with

DarkHeart

I might be a suitable pairing for an rp partner. As you can see by my info, in regards to here I am a novice rp'r, but that isn't wholly true, I'm just new to this site. If this goes anywhere, you would in truth be my first rp action in this location, so there isn't much for me to use from here to indicate ability. Fantasy/medieval works for me very well. Feel free to ask me questions if my initial response intrigues you to inquire further.

ladia2287

Edit: Added a rant and made minor adjustments

ladia2287

seekeroftruth22

I have a roleplay idea that you might like, it is  Assassin X Target but it would need a little work. ill pm you the details if your interested
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

ladia2287

Hurricane

Rant understood and guidelines internalized but...

Could you provide one or two examples of plots that you might enjoy? Or links to your particular established style of roleplay that you're unlikely to vary from?

A tiny bit more guidance on what you do like and what you are looking for would help anyone who'd like to toss their hat in the ring.

Your,

- Hurricane

ladia2287

Basically, anything not specifically listed here is up for discussion. I'm not really one for coming up with long lists of plot ideas, but I have included a couple of basic details that I would like. That being said, like I pointed out I'm basically open to ideas so long as the above criteria are met as best as possible

ladia2287