Madame's Carnival [NC-E] or [EX] : Interest Check - [CLOSED]

Started by Kitsunetsuki, November 27, 2009, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunetsuki

Madame is currently seeking members interested in participating in her Carnival....

The threads are open to any who wish to enter...Visitors are only required to make a profile & have it approved by Madame to enter...

Madame is also looking for some people to take up "STAFF" positions. The staff needed would be "tormentors" of sorts ~ basically, each attraction has its own thread, and the staff are allowed to mess with any visitors/guests. Now, this DOES NOT INCLUDE GOD-MODDING! Just to be clear. The staff may indicate their actions, but they are not allowed to dictate the reaction of the visitor or the success of their actions. For instance, while in the Fun House, a staff member might send small drug-tipped spikes shooting at the visitor, but the visitor has the option of indicating whether they evaded the spikes or not. Details can be hashed out via PM...Madame is willing to provide quite a bit of autonomy to the staff, but not complete and total. The only staff needed would be the tormentors, by the way, but if you are interested in participating as a visitor/guest, please see the OOC thread for details.

This will give you a good idea of what Madame's Carnival is all about:
Welcome one and all to the Carnival! A wondrous place full of fun and surprises…
Feel free to visit any attraction that piques your interest. For your enjoyment, we have the following available:

The Funhouse* – Shaky floors and spinning doors aside, it is whispered that the fun house is actually haunted. And while Madame will neither confirm nor deny this, she will insist you proceed with caution. Also, while it is thought to be a slightly insane or even sadistic obstacle course, Madame likes to view it as a place where people can briefly experience a world unlike anything they’ve ever seen…or felt…or…well, let’s just say you may enter innocent, and exit changed for life.

The Tunnel of Love* – Childish snickering aside, this area is meant for lovers, or those seeking love. Please be sure to enter the ride carefully! If you are with someone, hold their hand, as the partner you end up with may not always be whom you expect. Also, if the ride suddenly stops, please be patient…we are working out some kinks, so why not take advantage of the dark & let yourself be guided by the intended purpose of this ride…Do NOT exit the ride before you reach the end! We are serious on that point...

The Hall of Mirrors* – It is always fun to see a different side of yourself, is it not? Some make you short, some make you fat, some make you ridiculously tall! The Hall of Mirrors is sometimes the silliest attraction at Madame’s Carnival. However, do be careful in here as well, as what you see is not always what you get!

The Haunted Dungeon* – Madame is sure you have seen a haunted house or two. She’s even heard of haunted mansions, but when was the last time you have seen a haunted dungeon? Exactly. Which is why Madame installed this, her piece de resistance! With authentic 15th century Spanish Inquisition devices installed, and her STAFF available to rattle yo…um…some chains for effect, Madame is sure the Haunted Dungeon will turn your hair white with fright.

Freak Show* – Madame would like to offer you an impressive menagerie of oddities of all sorts. Our Freak Show is a great place to see something strange, not to mention the persistent rumors that the place operates as a very selective brothel of sorts for the more attractive members of the show. Though, repeat visitors often wonder how they keep managing to get so many new additions...

Madame’s Parlour – Please feel free to join Madame here for a drink or two, on the house, of course. If you are lucky, she may even read your cards for you.

La Grande Roue (Ferris Wheel) – A nice area to relax and take in the charming view of the city…you may occasionally find Madame here, as she enjoys heights, plus this is how she surveys the Carnival & keeps an eye on her Staff…This attraction is completely safe, you may ride it as often as you wish without worry.

The Fairway - There are also smaller rides and even a few penny arcades where you can win small prizes for yourself, friends, or your love. All of which are safe…

As for the refreshment stands, partake as you wish ~ you will note that the STAFF here are nearly invisible, in fact, they are downright ghostly at times, all you need do is ask for what you wish (within reason, after all, blue unicorn juice is only available on the 2nd Full Moon of the year), and your request shall be filled immediately. Also, note that some “refreshments” might have averse effects on you ~ it’s been mentioned certain items make people’s brains go fuzzy a bit.

*The Funhouse, The Hall of Mirrors, The Haunted Dungeon, The Tunnel of Love & Freak Show are where you may encounter some of Madame’s STAFF. They will note that they are part of her STAFF in their postings. By entering any of these areas you are giving consent to anything that may occur. If you do not wish to be, erm, entertained, then please refrain from entering. This is the only warning you will get.

For clarification purposes, Madame's STAFF (aside from the devious ones, naturally) are nearly invisible, appearing as ghosts, fulfilling your requests as you make them. What this means is, there need not be "attendants" anywhere in the Carnival. Once you purchase admission, you are free to enter any ride/attraction. So, as you approach an attraction, you may simply enter...if you were in the penny arcade, you can simply play the game & indicate whether you won or not, even stating specifically WHAT you won. Everything you drink, eat, win, etc. will automatically appear before you. This applies to STAFF if they are [OFF DUTY] as well. I hope this is clear, please let me know if you need further clarification.

Staff may also visit the Carnival as "visitors"...normally, staff would indicate whether they are [ON DUTY] or [OFF DUTY] in the header of their post. If [OFF DUTY], then the other staff may have some fun with them as well. Visitors do not need to wait for Staff to post, by the way. The rule is that if no one got to them within 24 hours of entering the ride (or from the time they were last "tormented"), they were free to exit the ride w/o harm.

Staff do not need to be human, by the way. Other creatures, including tentacled ones, are fully allowed. Hence, the rating Madame has indicated in the subject.

If you are interested in being part of Madame's staff, please send a PM (character sheets are a plus, see profile thread link above). Also, if you are interested in being a visitor, check out the OOC thread & feel free to PM with any questions you may have...can't have staff with no one to play with ;) The threads will be open to anyone as a visitor, or visitors...small groups/parties are encouraged!

Thank you for taking the time to read through all of this...interested or not, Madame does appreciate it!

p.s. in case it is not obvious, I will be playing Madame ;) hehe...
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

NotoriusBEN

I had a lot of fun running as a tormentor on the other site. In fact, running one of the rides for a visitor would be even easier with the ONs/OFFs pages that everyone has on E. If your willing to be adventureous and have fun, this is it.

Maybe this time the funhouse wont turn into some creepy ghost house :P

Kitsunetsuki

Yeah, it will be easier here...MUCH...

As for the tormentors/staff, I'll be able to "assign" them to certain areas, or certain visitors (based on O/Os & such).

And having each attraction in a separate thread will help a lot as well. Was planning on no more than one to two visitors in an attraction at once. Other visitors will have to wait their turn on the Fairway, or can visit another attraction if they like. Will keep confusion to a minimum, I'm sure. :D

Glad to have you again, NotoriusBEN...as staff...yeah ;)
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Lanaestra

Count me in again as well, as staff, of course. And I'm liking the new stuff being proposed, too, by the way.

Kitsunetsuki

Yay!! Thanks, VonCrown :D

And yeah, I think it will be much easier to follow and play along...

I know there's at least one other person interested in being part of the staff...if we can get enough interest on the "visitors" end, I'll work on getting the threads up...

I'll keep you posted...
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Question Mark

I'd be interested as a visitor if there will be female staff.

Kitsunetsuki

Thanks, Question Mark :-)

Yes, there should be female staff available...Staff will most likely be assigned based on the visitor's O/Os. Also depends on which attraction is being visited, etc.

One male staff member plays a female character from time to time. And the other person interested in being part of the staff is female, plus, Madame may take a turn at playing with her visitors as well ;) All depends...
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Question Mark

Quote from: Kit on November 29, 2009, 12:09:10 AM
Thanks, Question Mark :-)

Yes, there should be female staff available...Staff will most likely be assigned based on the visitor's O/Os. Also depends on which attraction is being visited, etc.

One male staff member plays a female character from time to time. And the other person interested in being part of the staff is female, plus, Madame may take a turn at playing with her visitors as well ;) All depends...

In that case, count me in!  I'll get a character profile up as soon as I reach my comp.

Opheliac

I had fun for the most part playing with Notorious in the other forums, before the thread was hijacked. This time, though, I request to be a staff member. *big demonic grin*

Question Mark

Pleased to meet you, Opheliac!  I have a feeling our characters will interact quite a bit.

Enmuro

This is really awesome sounding. I've been looking for a game just like this, something fresh and different.

I'd love to play a visitor and wouldn't mind being part of a small party of other visitors if anyone else wanted to group up and spread the torment around.

Question Mark

Quote from: Enmuro on November 29, 2009, 01:33:30 AM
This is really awesome sounding. I've been looking for a game just like this, something fresh and different.

I'd love to play a visitor and wouldn't mind being part of a small party of other visitors if anyone else wanted to group up and spread the torment around.

Hey, a fellow visitor!  Drinking buddies?  Sports teammates?  Double-date (with two girls, of course)?

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: Opheliac on November 29, 2009, 01:22:57 AM
I had fun for the most part playing with Notorious in the other forums, before the thread was hijacked. This time, though, I request to be a staff member. *big demonic grin*

*grins wickedly* you bet that sweet tushie that you are IN, my dear Ophelia ;D

I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for everyone this time around

Quote from: Enmuro on November 29, 2009, 01:33:30 AM

Thank you, Enmuro! Happy to have you on board! :-)

Small groups are encouraged!! ;D One or two people will be allowed on most of the attractions at once (I'll consider up to four, but I think less is better for most of them). Up to two couples may be allowed in the Tunnel of Love...

Any number of people may visit the "safe" attractions/areas (such as the Parlour, the Fairway, etc.) at any given time, running into each other, interacting, etc.

Also, as a reminder to all ~ Staff may go "off duty" at any time to visit the attractions as well ;) hehehe...

Thanks everyone! I think once a few more people express interest, I'll get the gears in motion and start putting up threads.
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Enmuro

Quote from: Question Mark on November 29, 2009, 01:37:00 AM
Hey, a fellow visitor!  Drinking buddies?  Sports teammates?  Double-date (with two girls, of course)?

You had me at drinking buddies man lol. Drinking and the funhouse, lets make it happen (and the double date is fine, just so long as it has your previously mentioned stipulation. bromance goes only so far heh)

Opheliac

Hehe. I'm sure it will be, sweetie.

And greetings Question Mark and Enmuro... Lets hope we can see each other in the attractions, hmm? *predatory demonic grin*

nyneave

That sounds like a carnival I really would like to visit  ;D

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: nyneave on November 29, 2009, 11:56:00 AM
That sounds like a carnival I really would like to visit  ;D

Awesome! Glad to have you aboard, nyneave! And congrats on your recent approval! :D
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Transgirlenstein

I wouldn't mind being staff and playing a 'snake lady' or something from the freak house.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on November 29, 2009, 12:21:41 PM
I wouldn't mind being staff and playing a 'snake lady' or something from the freak house.
Sounds perfect to me, Transgirlenstein! Welcome aboard!

Probably won't need more staff now...but we will need visitors! :D *crosses fingers*
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

OmegamanX

This seems fun put me down for a male visitor :)
“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”

“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point. Have another biscuit, sorry.”
-Eddie Izzard

Shadowstrike2

I know your not looking for anymore staff but if the visitors start swelling i'd love to be a male staff member. Maybe a vampire or some kind of werecreature. :)
Wanna get bit? *flashes fangs* Just Ask!
Who Doesnt Love Vampires?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=51934.0 my ons and offs.

A Group Roleplay Idea. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=52728.0 A&A Please read if your mad at me! :(

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=55156.0

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: OmegamanX on November 29, 2009, 12:51:28 PM
This seems fun put me down for a male visitor :)

Awesome! Thank you, OmegamanX :D

Quote from: Shadowstrike2 on November 29, 2009, 12:53:42 PM
I know your not looking for anymore staff but if the visitors start swelling i'd love to be a male staff member. Maybe a vampire or some kind of werecreature. :)
Well, I know that Notorius will not always be available, so I'm happy to include you as part of the staff, Shadowstrike2. We can discuss character particulars once I start getting things in motion. :)
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Thorn14

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: Imogen on November 29, 2009, 01:56:14 PM
I just might stop by for a bit of fun here :-)

Huzzah! Thank you, Imogen! Welcome aboard!

So, let's see...if I have the count right, it's me, plus four staff and about five visitors, yes?

Quote from: Thorn14 on November 29, 2009, 03:32:07 PM
Female visitor here :)

And now six! Welcome aboard, Thorn14...thanks for expressing interest in my little Carnival.

Ok, I guess that's enough to start. I'll get to work on OOC and Profile threads and all that yummy goodness. Will post them here for all interested parties to pick up. I'll PM staff with what I'll need on their character sheets. Visitors can just do a basic profile if they like. Nothing fancy is needed, and if you don't want to make one, that's fine as well...though it will help in the selection/assignment of the tormentors. ;) Thanks everyone! (whew! I've got a lotta work to do! hee hee) ;D
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)