Sexy CLUE! Purple-, Orange- and Grey-themed Characters Still Open!

Started by Mathim, May 28, 2016, 04:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

And how the 10th, 11th and 12 months are named as the 8th, 9th and 10th months? Nobody seems to want to correct that...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Mathim

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions for how to approach the whole murder. Everyone should have a motive, and I'm thinking it would be best if it addressed some kind of blackmail the host is planning on springing on all the guests. Some past slight from each of them has motivated him to invite them all there so he could reveal his grand scheme to humiliate, bankrupt or expose to legal trouble all of his dinner guests. Obviously suspicion on all of them would be paramount, but then the butler surely isn't beyond suspicion after being a low-paid and yet loyal servant for so many years, and perhaps one of the maids had been spurned after having an affair with the master of the house and never let go of that anger...

If everyone could come up with something that the host could have used to either expose them to reputation-destroying public ridicule, open them to financial ruin, or reveal illegal activities that would land them in serious legal trouble, that would be awesome.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Mathim on May 30, 2016, 07:03:28 PM
Anyway, I'm open to suggestions for how to approach the whole murder. Everyone should have a motive, and I'm thinking it would be best if it addressed some kind of blackmail the host is planning on springing on all the guests. Some past slight from each of them has motivated him to invite them all there so he could reveal his grand scheme to humiliate, bankrupt or expose to legal trouble all of his dinner guests. Obviously suspicion on all of them would be paramount, but then the butler surely isn't beyond suspicion after being a low-paid and yet loyal servant for so many years, and perhaps one of the maids had been spurned after having an affair with the master of the house and never let go of that anger...

If everyone could come up with something that the host could have used to either expose them to reputation-destroying public ridicule, open them to financial ruin, or reveal illegal activities that would land them in serious legal trouble, that would be awesome.

Safe to assume that you would prefer such details to be sent via a PM?

Undine

PM for Mrs. LeBlanc's dirty little secret (or at least a suggestion) has been forwarded!
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

Mathim

Well, you could just add that to your profile submission. What I was wondering more is, will everyone be okay with the host's vindictive blackmail scheme being the sole motive for the guests to have murdered the host, or does someone want to have been invited for a different reason, and that being related to their motivation?

Undine

*shrugs*  I'm fine with that being the motive for murder, if that's all you wanted to know.

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water

Mathim

We also need to invent connections between everyone to the master of the house. Perhaps they, if around the same age, bullied him in school. Or maybe they mistreated a good friend or relative of his. Or tried to compete with his business in an unscrupulous way.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Mathim on May 30, 2016, 07:50:08 PM
Well, you could just add that to your profile submission. What I was wondering more is, will everyone be okay with the host's vindictive blackmail scheme being the sole motive for the guests to have murdered the host, or does someone want to have been invited for a different reason, and that being related to their motivation?

Blackmail works for me!

Quote from: Mathim on May 30, 2016, 07:58:28 PM
We also need to invent connections between everyone to the master of the house. Perhaps they, if around the same age, bullied him in school. Or maybe they mistreated a good friend or relative of his. Or tried to compete with his business in an unscrupulous way.

Perhaps you could post up a profile for the host so that we have a better idea of who we're dealing with.

Madame Professor

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mathim

Very well, meet your host...

Mr. Barnaby Temple, age 50, business tycoon from his late twenties when he built it from the ground up. Obviously not having come from a blue blood family presented challenges to him becoming the rich, successful businessman he has been for the last few decades, and he made more than a few enemies, and while he's never been known to act on any grudges he's held, there are surely many to hold onto in a life full of brutal corporate competition, socializing with the in-crowd while he was merely a nouveau riche upstart, and of course everyone who tried to hold him back from achieving his success. Most people wouldn't think they'd crossed him, or at least that he'd shrug it off, but this dinner party would be known far and wide as the ultimate declaration that this was a man nobody should ever have fucked with.

Golden Spider

Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Undine

And didn't someone just mention we need a Colonel Mustard?  Well along comes a Golden Spider... xD

I kid!  The colors are your choice but for the ones already spoken for, but I don't believe our GM has closed this at all!

Mathim

Quote from: Undine on May 30, 2016, 09:46:56 PM
And didn't someone just mention we need a Colonel Mustard?  Well along comes a Golden Spider... xD

I kid!  The colors are your choice but for the ones already spoken for, but I don't believe our GM has closed this at all!

Nope, we're still wide open. I believe we still need a black, yellow, and possibly brown and/or grey, maybe a pink as well. I should probably create an OOC thread and character profile thread soon so I can compile all the submissions, once they're completed with everyone's sordid pasts revealed and thus establishing a very strong motive for them wanting to ice their host.

I sent a PM to everyone who displayed a tentative interest in this to let them know what roles and colors were still available. Hopefully at least 50% give a reply.

And we lost Blinkin.

Bekah Boo

I'm still interested, I'll have a profile up when I get off of work. I think I'll choose the role of grey, details will be up later though ;3

Bekah Boo

Player Name: Bekah Boo
Character Name: Elenore Cinereal
Color Theme: Grey
Appearance and Face Claim: Allison Havard
Role: Guest-turned-suspect
Profession: Famed Ballet dancer from Ukraine
Motive: Not much is known of Elenore's past much less family, fame had an odd way of twisting such information to appear much more accepted than her meager beginnings. Though it all came at an revolting conclusion as even with notoriety Elenore's mother was shipped back to the Ukraine where she was met with deep despair at being parted from her daughter, the woman poor and soon homeless before sickness claimed her. The dancer had pleaded to Mr. Temple to reinstate her mother's visa only to be turned away, as when news of her mother's death found her Elenore was heart broken and swore she would do anything in her power to seek her revenge. The most notable way she did such was come out in an full length interview discussing her mother's death and how cruel Mr. Temple was, as it gained a lot of views as well as some talk. Needless to say it was the last time Eleonre attempted to seek advice or guidance from such people like him, not trusting many of the rich and famous and became somewhat of a recluse because of it.
Orientation: Heterosexual though does have times of experimentation
Kinks: Rough play, Bondage, Power play, Dirty talk

Mathim

Where'd everybody go? Nobody posted in the OOC thread yet...and we should have our complete profile template for everyone to establish their motive.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Mathim on June 01, 2016, 04:59:50 PM
Where'd everybody go? Nobody posted in the OOC thread yet...and we should have our complete profile template for everyone to establish their motive.

I'm gonna assume that most of us missed the updated info and links on page one. So very sorry for that. *runs off to post in the OOC*

Ghostraven

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on June 01, 2016, 05:09:02 PM
I'm gonna assume that most of us missed the updated info and links on page one. So very sorry for that. *runs off to post in the OOC*

I'll work on filling out my character profile and go check out OOC. :-)

Twisted iN Tux

I updated my character's profile, which can be found here! Let me know if I need to add/subtract/change anything.

Cheers,
Tony

Madame Professor

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mathim

Yup. Linked on the first page. And a link to a Character Profile page too, for when they're completed and approved.

Tux, looks good, though if you want to narrow down what the biggest aspect of his double-dealing that has pissed off Mr. Temple is, that would be helpful. Once we get that, you can post it in the Character Profile thread. Like if there was a specific instance where he embarrassed Temple, ripped him off for a huge sum for something fraudulent or substandard, etc. Just enough to motivate Temple into inviting him there for a public humiliation along with the other dis-honored guests.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Mathim on June 01, 2016, 06:52:39 PM
Yup. Linked on the first page. And a link to a Character Profile page too, for when they're completed and approved.

Tux, looks good, though if you want to narrow down what the biggest aspect of his double-dealing that has pissed off Mr. Temple is, that would be helpful. Once we get that, you can post it in the Character Profile thread. Like if there was a specific instance where he embarrassed Temple, ripped him off for a huge sum for something fraudulent or substandard, etc. Just enough to motivate Temple into inviting him there for a public humiliation along with the other dis-honored guests.

I was thinking that the simple fact that Jio basically wormed his way into his wealthy empire, instead of working hard for it as Temple had that that would be enough of a reason. If not, I can certainly be more specific.

Mathim

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on June 01, 2016, 07:03:17 PM
I was thinking that the simple fact that Jio basically wormed his way into his wealthy empire, instead of working hard for it as Temple had that that would be enough of a reason. If not, I can certainly be more specific.

Well, I think if it's more personal it would be why it warranted a gathering instead of him just going after them individually. He could have even slighted Mr. Temple in a way that didn't revolve around his dirty dealings, and Temple would simply have used his resources to find out and expose that larceny as his blackmail revenge.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Mathim on June 01, 2016, 07:05:02 PM
Well, I think if it's more personal it would be why it warranted a gathering instead of him just going after them individually. He could have even slighted Mr. Temple in a way that didn't revolve around his dirty dealings, and Temple would simply have used his resources to find out and expose that larceny as his blackmail revenge.

Personal attack it is!

Bekah Boo

Elenore is updated, hope it was along the lines of what you were looking for.