Outlaws To The End (Western Outlaw Group Game)

Started by Norsegod1839, November 07, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMcQuark

Little Ewe

The Basics

Legal Name: Inez Marcela Padilla
Alias:  Little Ewe (not within earshot); Maria Marcela; Imp
Sexuality: Lesbian with bi leanings.

Physical Description

Face Claim: Penelope Cruz
Appearance: Scars on her back from floggings.

Personality and History

Personality

High spirited and independent are Inez’ hallmarks, living her life under her terms. She regularly shows that she can do anything any man can do, perhaps even better. She has a fiery temper and a short fuse that can lead her to violence, although she only kills in self defense or in the defense of innocents. Having escaped a life of abuse, she has no tolerance for those who practice violence on women or children. In spite of everything, she is still a devout Catholic, although her interpretations of the Scriptures vary greatly from those of the church.

Biography

Orphaned at the age of 3, Inez grew up in an orphanage run by nuns of the Catholic church. It was hardly an ideal childhood as she chafed against the strict rules and religious tenets imposed on her by the sisters. She was often punished for disrespect, being late for prayer or mass and many other “transgressions”. Things got worse as she entered puberty where she found herself thinking about the girls in the orphanage in the same way the other girls thought about the boys. She would often convince one of the other girls to find a quiet hiding spot and “experiment”. Her partner would never tell what they had done, but it soon became clear that at least some of the girls made a point to get Inez alone for their own experimentations. On more than one occasion, the girls were caught by the nuns but Inez always stated that is was she who lured the other girls into wickedness. This meant that Inez would be flogged harshly, while the other girl would be sentenced to several “Hail Marys” and “Our Fathers”.

As she approached coming of age, the sisters made it a special point to find a “suitable” arrangement for Inez that would rid them of this unholy, wicked child. The suitable arrangement they made was with Don Jorge Martinez, the owner of a large ranchero and recently widowed tragically for the third time. For a large “donation” to the church, Inez was betrothed to the fat landowner at the age of 16.

Marriage to Don Jorge more closely resembled slavery than matrimony. She was driven mercilessly by Don Jorge, her work never good enough to satisfy him and he would often lash out at her for the most minor reasons. His lusts were worse than the beatings, which he would force on Inez whenever he pleased, hitting her when she tried to refuse. Her life of hell lasted for three years when Don Jorge and Inez were returning from a large cattle sale by train when the train was held up by the gang. Don Jorge, thinking outlaws would not search his wife, hid the rather large wad of cash from the sale of his cattle in her bustle. As the outlaws made their way through the passenger car, taking valuables from the frightened people, it seemed that Don Jorge’s idea might work. He handed over his jewelry and watch and made it clear he didn’t have anything else worth taking. As the outlaw was about to move on, Inez seized her opportunity and caught the attention of the outlaw. She pulled the mass of cash from her bustle and told the robber about Don Jorge’s deception and that she would gladly give it to the thieves if she could go with them. Don Jorge was furious, but the barrel of the outlaw’s Colt pressed against the land owner’s nose. Alexander agreed to Inez’ terms. Before she left, she kicked Don Jorge squarely in the crotch with all of her strength. She got on the back of the train robber’s horse, and never looked back.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons: Inez carries two pistols, a Colt Peacemaker and a Colt’s Dragoon. She also keeps a derringer in her garter. Bowie knife.
Colt Dragoon
Colt Peacemaker
Derringer

Equipment: Bullwhip, bible, larietta, duster, bed roll, bottle of tequila

Skills

Skill: Gunslinger: With mentoring from Haley, Inez has become greased lightning with a gun and a fairly good markswoman. She prefers pistols, but is also proficient with a rifle.

Tactical Sense: Inez has a keen mind for planning robberies and other gang activities. She’s particularly good at “reading” people and and almost unerring ability to find other women who might be interested in a less conventional way to pass the night.

FC Picture

Flower

Norsegod1839

Qaurk your approved! Want me to go ahead and add her up in the CS sheet so you can get in on the big heist?

DrMcQuark

DrMcQuark

DrMcQuark

There were two things.

I was wondering if someone wanted their character to be the gang member that let her into the gang? Also, who would have taught her how to handle a gun?

Flower

I can't fulfill either of those but definitely want them to have church together. xD

Norsegod1839

Quote from: DrMcQuark on November 11, 2018, 01:46:42 PM
There were two things.

I was wondering if someone wanted their character to be the gang member that let her into the gang? Also, who would have taught her how to handle a gun?

Qaurk I am going to send you a Pm really fast that answers both of those questions.

Norsegod1839

She is up my friend! Go ahead and get caught up on the prequel thread and I will work on adding you to the plan and the posting. Unless you'd like to be one of the ones left guarding the camp.

Norsegod1839

Update

11/20/2018

Outlaws to the end now has a character directory in the interest page that you can use to see our wonderful cast!

I'd also like to start that recruitment is still open!

Red Stella

Norsegod1839

ZoneyGirl

Returning after time away from my accident. Reworking a lot of things, so my search, on's and off's will be revamped over time.

My On's and Off's

CyrodilicBrandy

*plants flag of interest*
I'll work on a CS and you guys can tell me whether it's cool.

Norsegod1839

CyrodilicBrandy

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on November 25, 2018, 12:22:51 PM
Sure! We'd love to have you!

Should I post my character here for approval when she's done, or in the character thread?
Also, I had some ideas that I wanted to run by you, in case they're not suitable.
Obviously the gang is very active, riding horses, running if need be, and all that. I was wondering how well a physical ailment might fit in with this group, or even with any outlaw gang. Nothing serious but something like chronic migraines, for example. So there would be times where she might feel physically sick because of the pain, and it might affect her ability to be able to concentrate or do things that would be considered strenuous.

Norsegod1839

Pm it to me. I will then post it into the Cs sheet as long as nothing more needs to be done to it.

Feel free to throw some ideas out.

Since physical ailments in that time period would have been pretty hard to manage I certainly don't mind you doing something like that! There will be opportunities for every one and stuff to do both at the camp and out in the world.

CyrodilicBrandy

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on November 25, 2018, 12:50:10 PM
Pm it to me. I will then post it into the Cs sheet as long as nothing more needs to be done to it.

Feel free to throw some ideas out.

Since physical ailments in that time period would have been pretty hard to manage I certainly don't mind you doing something like that! There will be opportunities for every one and stuff to do both at the camp and out in the world.

Cool, will do. I don't have any replies to get to yet so I'll get it done after dinner.

Norsegod1839

Primarch

The Old Man

The Basics
Legal Name: Conor McMahon
Alias: The Old Man, Tombstone
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Physical Description
Face Claim: Graham McTavish
Appearance: Conor stands at six foot six with a broad and often intimidating physique. While not quite as fit as he used to be he's in remarkable shape for a man of his age. That being said he has been shot, burned, flogged and put through just about everything else at one point or another. While he may still be ticking his body has no shortage of marks & scars that he's picked up along the way.

Personality and History

Personality

Like many individuals Conor is a complex specimen and his personality can vary depending on the mood you catch him or or simply your relationship to him. Certainly he has a fearsome reputation and he has been careful to cultivate it. He's quite happy for people to simply fill their breaches due to his threat of violence. If it saves him from needing to actually do it that's just fine and dandy. He has been both hero and villain throughout his extensive career. He has robbed & performed violence on just about everyone and everything that an individual can rob or perform violence against. He has also put his considerable capabilities towards the defense of others not in a position to defend themselves. He's good with horses and never met a dog he didn't like.

It might be said that he aspires to be a righteous and just man however his nature leads him towards criminality and violence. As the decades slipped him by he has made so many mistakes he's just lost patience with it all and now its just as easy for him to do things one way or another. He'll stand up for himself and his own, he don't take kindly to anyone telling him what to do or trying to hoodwink him. He's got a mighty rage about him and once he gets going it often best to just step to the side and let him burn himself out. He can be a right force of nature when the mood takes him but the savage can be quite the gentleman too, he's often quite polite when there's no need to be otherwise. When push comes to shove he's an aging man in a lifestyle men don't often get old. He's a damn fine ally, reliable in all things and when it comes down to it he might just be the kind of friend a person needs in these desperate times.

Biography

Born in 1845 southern Ireland, his family possessed little and hoped for less. In the face of lack of work and increasingly severe property they made the journey to America when Conor was just ten. Not all the family survived the arduous journey but that did settled in Georgia where things improved moderately. When the Civil War arrived Conor enlisted at the age of sixteen, joining in with the 24th Georgia Volunteer Infantry as a part of the Confederate States Army. His time in the war saw no shortage of conflict and forced the boy to become a man mighty quickly. Conor saw plenty of action, perhaps most infamously the Battle of Gettysburg. Suffice to say he emerged from the war a changed person. Losing a war does that to a man. It put a certain sense of survival in him and no small amount of anger. Neither ever left him but at the very least he learned to live with them.

Following the war he returned to Georgia where he settled down for a time. Thankfully his family now had friends in the area and he was able to get work, for a time at least. The truth of it was he had difficulty being still and quiet. While he professed to desiring a life of peace following the war when it came down to it he had difficulty actually living it. He was prone to spending his money on alcohol, gambling and loose women. In time he married himself a real nice girl and she seemed to keep him tame for a time but before long he was back to his own ways. Looking back on it she was too good for him and deserved better. He had never intended to be a poor husband or to treat her disrespectfully but he was prone to all manner of distractions and vices. She passed giving birth to their first child and the infant was lost too. Taking it as a sign he left her grace in peace and moved right along.

He found himself in Virginia next where he worked in a Saloon. That was fine. He was familiar with Saloon life and he has a capacity for keeping control of a hostile situation that was appreciated by his new employer. Right until he took it too far and just about caved a man's head in one evening. In defense the man had put his hands upon a woman Conor was keen on. Either way the local enforcement were required to step in and Conor found it easier to just...move right along.

Next he tried his hand at bounty hunting. That also worked out nicely for a time. Conor was real good at bounty hunting. Made himself comfortable and eventually he took on his next woman. She was real sweet, delicate too in a ladylike way. Course he wasn't so gentle but he tried, he tried real hard. Eventually however her Pa came around and explained he had concerns and it was best if things were done. Words were exchanged and long story short that real sweet girl lost her Daddy so Conor decided to....move right along.

Next he got involved in his first "posse." A few old Confederate friends were running with a crew and tried to hold him up. They recognised each other, all enjoyed a good laugh and he joined on. Apparently that was the work he was suited for best. Conor was conflicted about it of course, he would have rather honest work but getting paid is getting paid and honest work hadn't gotten him too far. So they spent the next few years doing what bandits do. "Tombstone" as he had started to be known by enjoyed it. His concerns often vanished when he was flush with cash and surrounded by the whiskey and women he loved so dearly. Scoundrel he might have been but there were many who knew they could ask him for assistance when caught in bind. At one point it seemed half the Madam's around were turning to him to chase off rogues and villains. Only thing those types were scared of was a bigger, meaner version of themselves and nobody was as big & mean as Conor McMahon.

Of course it wasn't all fun and games. For every brothel where he was a local hero there was a cell that had his name on it. More and more Sheriffs knew about him, every so often he would need to find a new crew to run with for one reason or another. People getting shot up, arrested & hanged had a way of hurting morale. He tried his hand at going on honest a few more times but it never really worked out. So much time spent fighting and living on his own terms made civil life hard to adjust too. Or some Sheriff would turn up with a warrant for his arrest so Conor would have to bribe or kill and then....move right along. 

Conor has been with the gang since its early days, offering his experience and skills. He looks forward to the potential homestead in Texas put half expects it will be a temporary solution and before long he will need to....move right along.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons:
Winchester Model 190 lever-action shotgun
Engraved Colt Model 1851 Navy Revolver
Confederate Sabre
Confederate Bowie Knife

Equipment: Mostly importantly a hip flash for whiskey! Then a canteen for water. Small pot, tin plate & mug, eating irons, coffee pot, bedroll, tinder box, rain slicker & cords.   

Skills

Skill:
Physicality: Conor is a big giant fucker who can lift most people with a single arm, nevermind what he can do with two. People have been trying to kill him for years and he's just killed them instead. His sheer physicality, stubborn endurance and capacity for a tremendous, violent rage allows him to overwhelm most people including experienced lawmen. Add in his military training and experience which has been developed and improved over his long career and you have one of the most lethal killers the West has ever seen.

Gunslinger: Conor is better up close with his sword or fists but he's more than comfortable with a gun. Many people make the mistake of underestimating him due to his age and size but he he didn't get to his age in his lifestyle by being slow on the draw or inaccurate.

Lead Stomach: Crossing swords or going into fisticuffs with Conor is just fucking stupid. They don't call him 'Tombstone' for nothing. Going drink for drink with him? Well now that's just a deathwish (but also the best night you'll ever not remember!)

Coffee: Yes yes, he's a famous killer and big tough man, everybody knows that. The truth of it is though his real talent on God's green Earth is making coffee. Gets it just right every time!

Fc Picture

Norsegod1839

Primarch you are approved! I will Pm you in a second so we can discuss where to fit you in at.

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Norsegod1839

It is indeed Red! If you're interested we'd love to have you.

RedEve

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on December 09, 2018, 11:23:11 AM
It is indeed Red! If you're interested we'd love to have you.

I have a vague idea for a character but I am also wondering if there is a certain archetype you'd like to still add that is currently lacking?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Norsegod1839

Off the top of my head

1. Medicine person
2. Cook
3. Tanner (leather worker)
4. Hunters (can always use more of those)
5. Gun Slinger (we have a lot but when the game opens up we'll need people who can act as muscle for the various jobs)
6. Governess (there are a fair bit of kids in the camp)

Thats just kind of a general thought on what the camp would need.