News:

Main Menu

Concerts anyone?

Started by WhtKntAV, September 16, 2013, 03:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhtKntAV

So I am, like many people of big fan of music of quite a few different genres. And one of my reliefs from stress is rocking out or dancing to a good rock show. Has anyone seen a good show lately they'd like to share? My last show that I saw was Hollywood Undead, with All Hail the Yeti ( Which was sort of a cliche screaming metal band) 3 Pill Morning (surprisingly good) and Escape the Fate (a.k.a little boys with too tight of pants) but I love Hollywood Undead with all of my being. And they are always even more fun live than on the albums.

JackWhite

Lately? Uhm, The Bouncing Souls are always nice to see.

Then a slightly disappointing concert was Billy Talent. They didn't seem to have that vibe on stage. The singer was excited but his mates were rather passive.

WhtKntAV

Oh geez, yeah I know how you feel Jack. I went to a show a few years ago with a band that I really enjoyed in my teen years called The RedJumpsuit Apparatus and the singer had recently gotten married. He was dressed like a Mormon and seemed more interested in having the audience sing most of the songs. It's sad that people with so much musical talent completely lose their stage presence. I mean sure, getting old plays a factor. But I saw KISS just a little over a year ago and they still went all out. All hail Gene Simmons!  >:)

Lauren

Oh man, I've been to a lot of concerts! I saw KISS this last July, and that was a great show. Other than that, I think my last concert before that was the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I haven't been going to as many shows lately, since I've been tight on cash, unfortunately. Though, I will be seeing Nine Inch Nails in November, and I'm really looking forwards to that.

Lancelot

I can't stand concerts, really. While I agree that experiencing things is the best way to develop an opinion of them, I think concerts are far too overhyped due to the crowd's influence - if the entire crowd chose to boo, it would be regarded as a bad concert, but I would dispute this claim if, at the end of the day, I find the music good.

Ryven

I saw Muse earlier this month, and it was one of the best concerts I've been to.

I was that close to the stage.  It was amazeballs.

Hemingway

Lately? Not really. I'm going to see Black Sabbath later this year. Should be good times.

Hue Ran

Lately I haven't been to a concert in awhile. The last one I attended was Brooks and Dunn before they broke up.

Country music fan myself so those are the only concerts I go too.