Aetherpunk - Victorian Era Steampunk game - LGBT Friendly

Started by Crash, November 14, 2017, 08:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Seriously thinking of bringing BaoBao back.  I lost her character sheet but I could try to combine her and Lilly’s backgrounds.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

I'd bring back any of my other four if people were interested.

Styx26

I'd like to come back as Rowan, if that would be okay.
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Crash

Quote from: Styx26 on November 15, 2017, 12:43:29 PM
I'd like to come back as Rowan, if that would be okay.

Absolutely!  Grab her character sheet from the game make a couple of the formatting changes and go ahead in post her in the accepted character thread.  Welcome back!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Madame Professor

Would anyone be interested in dealings with a corrupt judge?  ::)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Madame Professor

Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Peripherie

Quote from: Madame Professor on November 15, 2017, 01:10:43 PM

So would a thief who needs a 'get out of jail free' card!

Quote from: Karma on November 15, 2017, 01:11:13 PM
A corrupt cop damn sure would

Or two!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Rin is all about law and order but really doesn't care at all about nonviolent crimes. She's all on board for those petty criminals and overlords that want to make a deal.

Dhi

For returning characters, how much time do you think has passed, if any?

Madame Professor

Crash

Yep a total reboot.  I think the game needed it.

I will put a starting date up some so accepted characters can start writing in the History Thread if they want.

That also takes the burden off new players to read stuff from three years ago, haha.

Crash

Quote from: Karma on November 15, 2017, 01:50:14 PM
That also takes the burden off new players to read stuff from three years ago, haha.

Exactly.  That scared new players away before.

TheLaughingOne

Quote from: Madame Professor on November 15, 2017, 01:10:43 PM

Gotta bounty hunter who isnt to fond of corrupt officals... At least, corrupt in the ways that cause him trouble. Corrupt in ways that get him paid or things he need he is totally happy to work with!

... well... Got in that im still working on him....
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Madame Professor

Quote from: Peripherie on November 15, 2017, 01:14:08 PM
So would a thief who needs a 'get out of jail free' card!

Or two!

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on November 15, 2017, 01:52:23 PM
Gotta bounty hunter who isnt to fond of corrupt officals... At least, corrupt in the ways that cause him trouble. Corrupt in ways that get him paid or things he need he is totally happy to work with!

... well... Got in that im still working on him....

Perfect! Plenty of potential for the Russian! Count him in, too.

And Juanita is coming back, too. Cause I adore my spitfire mechanic.

Crash

TheLaughingOne

ooooooooooooooooooooooook.

My sheet isnt complete... And if people have suggestions on how to get it to fit better, or just make it better, please let me know!!

Name: Thomas Wingston
Player: TheLaughingOne
Concept: Wildlands Bounty Hunter
Trouble:
Grim Servant O' Death: Naturally seems to draw attention of people looking to start a fight or cause trouble, tends to rub The Law wrong, but so long as acting in defense comes out clean.
It ain't the years, Its the mileage: While still rather young compared to most, a rough life has left Jake with plenty of old injuries to bother him.
You seen a six fingered man around..?: Is searching for clues to man with very distinct feature which usually leads to trouble.

Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Ons: Violence, Vengeance, mayhem, hot steamy baths, Hot Steamy Baths, reward money, fancy guns, a good hard drink, hot real food, and maybe the occasional explosion.
Offs: Violence against those he don't think deserve it, thoroughly corrupt officials (that work against him), not getting paid, held in cell for to long, people that cant take a hint, lying cheating scumbags. Traitors.

National Affiliation and Ancestry: American Mixed. Northern father, Southern mother. Holds no real loyalties to any current power aside from Coin and Companions.

Appearance:
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Deep blue
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 140

Description: Tall, lithe, and wiry are terms that describe Thomas. While not the picture of physical perfection he has a rough leanness to him that shows up in fighters who have been running around for a while. His brown hair hangs in lanky locks under a black leather wide brim hat. His face scarred and heavy stubble covering his chin and usually chewing on the end of a cheroot. His clothing heavy, and well worn, something that might have been fancy in the past, but over time and use have just become something comfortable and there to protect from a good scrape on the ground, but still fairly clean regardless, and he isn't unwashed like one might expect as well. His posture remains relaxed and easy, though his hands never stray far from the holsters at his hips.

Personality: For the most part Thomas remains a fairly easy and laid back person, happy to joke about with people, though quick to apologize if he goes a bit to far, unless he means to annoy the person. Though something about him just manages to antagonize people, just coming up and buying the bar drinks is enough to get the occasional hot head burning up for a fight, though it rarely turns to much more then a brief scuffle in which he hardly hesitates to pound the paste out of those that pick the fight. Of all people though. His moods are occasionally mercurial, some things triggering old memories suddenly turning it sour, or lightening it when he is in a powerful sulk, though he seems reluctant to really explain.

Background: Soon as brain stops being crap.

Know For: Barfights, capturing big bounties, glib gallows humor.

Goals: Find the Commander, carve out his eyes, piss in sockets. While he is still alive. Find a good way to get rich.

Plots: Revenge for family against their killer. Get rich enough to relax and enjoy life.

Strengths:
    • Tough as an oak Knot: One of those people that manages to take a beating that would floor someone thrice his size and keep kicking. This doesn't mean he heals any faster though.
    • Stronger then he looks: Despite his frame he has a great deal of physical strength to him.
    • Quick eyes, hands, and wits: Sharp reflexes keep him fast on his feet and quick with his hands.

Weaknesses:
      • Mean as a Rattler: Tends to get carried away in bad fights, can sometimes sour relations to people around.
      • Holds a grudge like pure gold: Hard memory for slights, treasons, betrayals, and other issues from people in the past. Driven to "Set Things Right" even at cost of current objectives or situations.
      • Aether Bungled: For some reason he is rather susceptible to Aether effects, attacks and charms working overly effective against him, aether infused drugs hit MUCH harder and last longer. Occasionally attracts attention of Fiddly strange beings. Sometimes has difficulty with Aether powered equipment (he can ride just fine on an aether powered airship/car/so forth, but if he tried to pilot or work the engine would start encountering complications

Skills:

• Firearms: Thomas is a dead shot with most any firearm put in his hand, though tends to like close up weapons.
      • Edged Weapons: Trained well with Swords, axes, daggers, knives, and other hand to hand weapons that rely on an edge to do damage. (excluding the likes of Polearms)
      • Fist Fighting: Has no formal martial arts training but is right vicious in an unarmed brawl knowing a good many ways to pull a person apart with his bare hands
      • Muscian: Of all things, he is amazingly good with a nyckleharpa, able to tune and restore his with relative ease and play out a good tune without much preparation.
      • Languages: Proficient in several languages enough to communicate and understand quite clearly, though always manages to retain his American accent.

Weapons:
        • Fathers old revolver. 6 shots .45 caliber
        • Sawn off Revolver shotgun, 5 shots 20 bore.
        • Basket-Hilt Broadsword.
        My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Geeklet

Y'all are making me wanna do a second char, and I don't even have the first done yet.

Crash

Quote from: Geeklet on November 15, 2017, 02:19:24 PM
        Y'all are making me wanna do a second char, and I don't even have the first done yet.

This doesn’t bother me at all.  ::)

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

Crash

@TheLaughingOne - Just remember the game is in the bondage section not the murderdeathkill section. ;)

Sara Nilsson

TheLaughingOne

Quote from: Crash on November 15, 2017, 02:27:33 PM
        @TheLaughingOne - Just remember the game is in the bondage section not the murderdeathkill section. ;)

Righto!! Wasnt planning on going full Rooty Tooty Point and Shooty on everything, and mostly have him bringing people back alive or such, maybe a bit bruised. As for plot/goal.. *coughs* That was a rush up finish part, and if/when he did Get him and had a chance to "settle" on his terms it would be more of a "Fade to black" moment then anything. Im still working on getting the rest cleaned up, but last night left my brain burned out, thus the lack of Background and the brusque manner of goal/plots.
        My Ons and Offs!