News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

~ Word of the Day: Feedback & Comments! ~

Started by Blythe, March 21, 2017, 01:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dys Astyr

I hope to see more names being added to the list as well! ;D
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

RampantDesires

I love today's word... SO MUCH.  It is fun to say and it just looks ... pleasing to me :D

For your consideration:

A dragon whirligig!

I think my favorite usage is it as a descriptor...

"It has been a whirligig of a year!"

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RampantDesires

Double posting to add that I loved your take on it today Dys!

"A sickly whirligig of emotions churned inside of him.."

It works perfectly for setting the tone, and the added element of something that can be fun and child like instead describing intense and uncomfortable emotions is pretty awesome.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Dys Astyr

Thank you, my Muse was all "Oh nice, be depressing" then went back to brooding and being a prick. I guess it's better than nothing. :P

Also I just realized that I could turn the WotD badge into a link... >_< Man I'm dense sometimes.

Caedy

Rampant, thanks for posting yesterday's word for me.  It was a long day <3
No New Games At This Time
A/A updated Important: 6/2/17
Caedy's Pretty Things (SFW&NSFW)
Blog: My Bullet Journal Journey
Word of the Day
~...still like air, I'll Rise...~ Maya Angelou

Blythe

I just wanted to post a little feedback/commentary! Been so long since I had a chance to read things. I only wish I had time to type up a little bit of everything for everyone, as I haven't had time to read everything. <3

ZephyrInk's piece using the word valedictory was just fabulous! There's a horror story in there, one that just has me all sorts of excited. Will the father return? How will he, even after death? Who is Olivia? I have questions!  :D

Shores--I love how often you are contributing! I appreciate seeing all your selections in the Word of the Day, but I think I especially love the one you did today! The double-use of plagiary was just clever; I adored it! Although I have a special fondness for the word grok, so this entry really caught my eye. The dialogue you have for that selection's particularly great. :)

Rhedyn's piece, using the word nudnik, was a neat read. Maybe I just love seeing elves and dwarves fall in love, but that piece has a wonderful story to tell. I'm rooting for Lythandra & Aindan!

And Dys Astyr's use of nudnik was pretty great and exciting! It's no secret that I'm a sucker for the fantasy genre, and if you throw in a good duel, then that's just all the better! Brenwyr seems like a badass, and she also seems like such a tricky person!  8-)

ZephyrInk

Quote from: Blythe on June 03, 2017, 07:27:57 PM

ZephyrInk's piece using the word valedictory was just fabulous! There's a horror story in there, one that just has me all sorts of excited. Will the father return? How will he, even after death? Who is Olivia? I have questions!  :D

^_^ *jumps up and down in excitement* Thank you! <3 you're making me want to turn it into an RP! Oh, I should do that, *grins*

Dys Astyr

And Dys Astyr's use of nudnik was pretty great and exciting! It's no secret that I'm a sucker for the fantasy genre, and if you throw in a good duel, then that's just all the better! Brenwyr seems like a badass, and she also seems like such a tricky person!  8-)

Badass, maybe. XD Tricky? Well, sometimes.

Thank you though, it's been a long time since I've wrote this character I was worried I'd lost the feel for her. Maybe I shall follow Zephyr's lead and see about giving her an RP.

Rhedyn

Rhedyn's piece, using the word nudnik, was a neat read. Maybe I just love seeing elves and dwarves fall in love, but that piece has a wonderful story to tell. I'm rooting for Lythandra & Aindan!

Hehe, thanks, Blythe. I'm glad you enjoyed it  :-)

RampantDesires

CONGRATULATIONS ZephyrInk!
You've made it into E's WotD Hall of Fame!

*confetti explosions*  Your posts have been exceptionally fun to read :-) I especially enjoyed the tower project with incoherence, if only because I have been in that position many times before and felt deep sympathy for poor Jason.  Thank you for all of your lovely submissions!

Dys Astyr

ZephyrInk

*dances* yay! thank you RampantDesires and Dys Astyr.  ;D

Dys Astyr

Oh my goodness Shores, how do you do it? You always have a nice, snappy morsel for every word!

Most of the time I struggle just to come up with something cohesive that doesn't veer off into a ramble. XD

Shores

I try not to think too much and just veer off wherever the path leads.  ;D

Dys Astyr

So today's word is a bit bizarre... I thought I'd share the example's for it. XD

QuoteThe tenants got into a bit of an argy-bargy over their shared porch.

"I would object to the leaders' debates much less if they took place only on the radio. Then there wouldn't be all the argy-bargy about who stands where, wearing what." — Charles Moore, The Daily Telegraph (London), 24 Apr. 2017

I somewhat cannot believe this is a really real word. :P

Oreo

As a follow up since I was curious.

QuoteArgy-bargy was a late nineteenth-century modification of a Scots phrase, which appeared early in the same century in the form argle-bargle. The first part of this older version was a modification of argue. The second parts of the two forms, bargle and bargy, never had any independent existence — they are no more than nonsense rhyming repetitions of the first elements.

An example in the old spelling from later in the century:

Last night ye haggled and argle-bargled like an apple-wife.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Dys Astyr

Shores your bit for argy-bargy had me laughing! I loved it, especially this bit at the end:

QuoteHe tore open his shirt and became "The Gunwielder", crushing enemies in his biceps of fury.

Dys Astyr

I love that your last two pieces go together Oreo, that's so cool! ;D

I'm gonna have to wear the cone of shame if I don't get back on the ball with actually writing for the WotD. >_> But my new story is so distractingly good I can't think about anything else. XD

Dys Astyr

Damn Nic! Making the rest of us look like slackers! ;D Not complaining, I don't mind being swept away by a tale of vengence at all.

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Dys Astyr

Yes, that was a nice change of format. And a nice haiku as well!

Nico

Quote from: Dys Astyr on July 02, 2017, 12:45:18 PM
Damn Nic! Making the rest of us look like slackers! ;D Not complaining, I don't mind being swept away by a tale of vengence at all.
That wasn't my intention at all.

Dys Astyr

Dys Astyr

The post corvusul86 did for today's word had me laughing! Good job friend. ;D

corvusul86

Thank you!

Writing that made me want to tell more stories about an adventuring lawyer -- I think I'll need to keep that character in mind for the future.