Crimson Skies: Air Pirates Wanted! (Interest Check)

Started by Sel Nar, February 18, 2011, 12:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sel Nar

Already created; Link's on the first post of the IC thread.

Dashenka

I want it! I need it!

As ramster so eloquently put it last night... It has planes, pirates and Haibane. So I rolled over and well, surrendered :D

Wasn't too sure but just downloaded and installed the game... wow... I really want in now if there is still room.

A question if there still is room, I have two characters in mind... a very American Daisy Duke type with the very bad accent...or a Soviet Communist...
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Dashenka

Name: Dixie Mae Clementine a.k.a. Calamity Rose
Hair Colour: Blond
Eye Colour: Green
Height: 5'5
Weight: 126lbs
Birthplace: Phoenix, Arixo

Plane: Hughes Bloodhawk. Lightest engine for better firepower. No hardpoints. 2x .60-cal, 2x .50-cal. Painted in Pink, yellow and black.

Gunnery
   QuickDraw 3
   Deadeye 2
   Steady Hand 3

Piloting
   Natural Touch 4
   Sixth Sense 4

Constitution: 3

Distinguishing features/ Noticeable quirks: When not flying, Dixie is a well gifted singer and guitar player.

History they're willing to tell others: Dixie is a countrygirl and not too used to the big city. Her looks made life easy despite her lack of her intelligence. Originally wanted to be a musician and learned to play the guitar and how to sing. Being the only daughter of five children, she often spend times alone with her mother when her brothers were out chasing cattle (in more than one way and her dad lay wasted and drunk in the pig shed. As soon as she was of legal age she learned to fly in her dad's cropduster and when the Navajo tribe invaded their land, she swore revenge on the Navajo for destroying her house and killing her parents, and to her brothers for leaving her out there and not helping her. Last she heard, at least one of her brothers was also flying.

Haibane

That looks like a serious overspend in points there Dashenka my love.

Dashenka

I modified... if its still too much blame it on ramster... I'm terrible with numbers :D

Haibane

Ramster must have been on the evil weed again; I still make you a whopping 70 points over!

Dashenka

Ramster

Let's start with the 4s: 2x140=280. Each 3 costs 70 points, yes? And a 2 costs 30? So 70+70+30=170. 170+280=450.

QED.

No evil weed for me, unless you mean the mediocre supermarket tea I'm drinking!
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Sel Nar

Looks good; Now the only question is; Will her plane Fit on the quick-launch rotor, or will it be on ten-minute readiness? :P

(Two alterations to the Bloodhawk; Drop the .70 cals down to .60, and strip the .40's entirely; It's too thin-skinned to be a brawler, yet with that gun loadout, that's exactly what you've turned it into)

Well, Welcome aboard, Dashenka; the Hiring hieress at the moment is heading to the Telegraph Office, so if your little lass is fast enough, she might (literally) bump into her ;)

Haibane

Quote from: Sel Nar on February 21, 2011, 08:15:51 PM
In this case, it's 'Use X points to buy Y levels'

Everyone starts at '0' levels in a skill.
it costs 10 points to buy the First rank (from 0 to 1)
it costs 20 points to go from 1 to 2.
40 from 2 to 3,
70 from 3 to 4,
110 from 4 to 5,
160 from 5 to 6,
220 from 6 to 7,
290 from 7 to 8
370 from 8 to 9
and, finally, 460 points to go from 9 to 10

So, the total point cost to 'buy' your way from Rank 0 to Rank 10 is 1750.

And remember; you have Five skills to buy points in.

As a comparison, however, a basic Milita mook has, on average, 2s across the board; they're slow, innacurate, can't push their planes (and are often too dumb not to when the plane's damaged), and are easily pulled out of formation.
You have 450 points to spend.

Two scores of 2 @ 30 ea = 60 (not 30)
Two scores of 3 @ 70 ea = 140
Two scores of 4 @ 140 ea = 280

= 480

Still 30 points over.

Ramster

You forget that everyone starts with Constitution: 3, or else everyone's going to have to do some serious tweaking of their characters.
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Dashenka

Quote from: Sel Nar on February 26, 2011, 10:38:42 AM
Looks good; Now the only question is; Will her plane Fit on the quick-launch rotor, or will it be on ten-minute readiness? :P

(Two alterations to the Bloodhawk; Drop the .70 cals down to .60, and strip the .40's entirely; It's too thin-skinned to be a brawler, yet with that gun loadout, that's exactly what you've turned it into)

Well, Welcome aboard, Dashenka; the Hiring hieress at the moment is heading to the Telegraph Office, so if your little lass is fast enough, she might (literally) bump into her ;)

but in the real game I can use it like I said :D

Haibane

Quote from: Ramster on February 26, 2011, 10:42:29 AM
You forget that everyone starts with Constitution: 3, or else everyone's going to have to do some serious tweaking of their characters.
Eh? I paid 70pts for my constitution of 3...

Did I do wrong?

Sel Nar

Mea Culpa; Yes, Everyone starts with a minimum Constitution of 3 as freebies (Con 0 means 'dead')

@ Dashenka; Yes, but we're using the boardgame rules, which are slightly more stringent (for example, a rocket hardpoint can only carry One rocket [or two flak rockets], not three at once); Besides; unlike the PC and console version, you can fire All guns at the same time, not just one pair at a time. (you can also Double-down if you have a really good shot; doubles the length of the burst, pretty much promises you'll need new barrels once the fight is over, and runs the risk of a jam, but it can turn enemy planes into confetti)

@Haibane; you paid 70 for a con. of 4 I checked.

Haibane

My God. I shouldn't be on the internet in my condition. It's like going online drunk. I've no idea what I'm doing.

Sel Nar

And it's enough to cause polite chuckles from the rest of us yard apes. :P

Dashenka

Quote from: Sel Nar on February 26, 2011, 10:48:49 AM
Mea Culpa; Yes, Everyone starts with a minimum Constitution of 3 as freebies (Con 0 means 'dead')

@ Dashenka; Yes, but we're using the boardgame rules, which are slightly more stringent (for example, a rocket hardpoint can only carry One rocket [or two flak rockets], not three at once); Besides; unlike the PC and console version, you can fire All guns at the same time, not just one pair at a time. (you can also Double-down if you have a really good shot; doubles the length of the burst, pretty much promises you'll need new barrels once the fight is over, and runs the risk of a jam, but it can turn enemy planes into confetti)

@Haibane; you paid 70 for a con. of 4 I checked.

Aww but those .70's sound so nice :D Ill edit and get reading and posting :)