Hentai themed Apocalypse! On Pathfinder/DnD only

Started by Zaer Darkwail, May 19, 2018, 03:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murvoen

Yep ;) Not only that, but Evard's Black Tentacles seem like a perfect way to give an enemy a taste of their own medicine

Edit: And that actually leads to a question I hadn't considered until now. Can certain spells (for example EBT) be flavored to increase arousal in enemies in addition to, or instead of, causing damage?
Back after a very long hiatus!! And I hope to be back for good this time!

Swordsman18

Quote from: Murvoen on August 01, 2018, 08:49:14 AM
Yep ;) Not only that, but Evard's Black Tentacles seem like a perfect way to give an enemy a taste of their own medicine

Edit: And that actually leads to a question I hadn't considered until now. Can certain spells (for example EBT) be flavored to increase arousal in enemies in addition to, or instead of, causing damage?

Yes, if you can lose to lust, so can your enemies.

Murvoen

Nice ;D I'm going to start putting this character together. Are all races from all sources allowed?

Swordsman18

Sounds good. I allow races from books, UA and Volos of course.

Swordsman18

Quote from: Stendarr on June 16, 2018, 12:32:28 PM
I was thinking level 8. Point buy. Any official books you want. And like 500gp for starting gear.

What balance of non-combat obstacle/combat/pure roleplay/sex are people looking for in this game?

I think we will go with what Stendarr suggested.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Murvoen

I'll get started on mine here in a bit. It's going to take a while choosing spells :p BTW, are we using point buy or rolling for stats?

Swordsman18

We will be going with point buy.

So to give you an idea of the setting, you are all going to start in the city of Neverwinter. Except this is not the Neverwinter that you can play in the MMO. This one has been ravaged by The Fever. It is a disease that leads one to be "corrupted" under the rules of religious law. Since Neverwinter is the supposed Ground Zero of The Fever, it has been placed under a large magical seal. Walls were then constructed outside of the city to keep anyone from coming in or out. Supposedly these walls are guarded by a contingent of holy Paladins and warriors. No one on the inside can tell for sure.

Inside of the city, it has been broken up into zones. No one wants to end up in the Red Zone where usually no one is heard from ever again. Some say there are forces there that kill people. Others say it is so full of infection that to end up there is death. Sadly they could not cut it off from the city. By the time the zone was lost, the barriers had already been set in place. The militia that were left stand guard at the edge of the zone to hold off The Fever until a cure can be found.

Clerics and higher level mages can cure someone of The Fever for a price, but only at certain stages. If the infection is too bad then they are unable to fix it. And they have to be selective with their clientele to not risk infection themselves. So only the rich and powerful are able to cure themselves. But with the ever presence of the infected means that it is only a stop gap measure. Infection could very well be inevitable.

Those with that ideal have been training themselves to deal with it one way or another. Some want to burn the whole city down. Others think the land itself might be the cause of The Fever. And a few think that The Fever itself is a lie concocted and maintained by a foreign power. What is it really? Is there a cure? What happens in the Red Zone? And is there anyway to get out?

These are questions that you will seek to answer my dear players.

Zaer Darkwail

W.I.P Charsheet
Reynar Ebonblade was before Fever a heir to one noble houses in Neverwinter; House D'Lorien. However he was exiled by his family since he dabbled into family's ancient forgotten secret; that their lineage connects to infamous ancient legend. One their ancestors was loyal retainers, champion, of Kas. Before Kas became a vampire and was later on turned into vampire lord serving Kas. It was ancient history for origin of their noble family which moved to Neverwinter in ancient times as skilled knigths who ascended to nobility, escaping dark reputation and history of their origins.

However what caused the exile was that he formed a eldricth pact with Kas indirectly; not to Kas himself but to his sword; Sword of Kas. The very same sword Kas used cut Vecna's eye and hand, but lost it in conflict and betrayal he attempted to do on Vecna. Sword itself gaining sentience and semi-divine state, motives of sword unknown why it grants pacts to anyone who is even loosely connected to Kas but most speculate it's not for good ends. Reynar gained eldricth martial oriented powers during time of great need which helped protect Neverwinter against raiders who were assaulting city gates which had been left open by a traitor, but since tapping forbidden power tainted by darkness he was exiled by his family and he lived than as wandering dark champion before Fever struck and like rest of people sought sanctum while providing protection where he could do it.

So far as he knows he is last surviving D'Lorien but he has given up his noble lineage and lives now by as Ebonblade.

Muse

Hm... 

Swordsman, I'm looking into possible cleric concepts for this game.  What's curetnly dancing around in my mind is a Cleric of Eilistraee--drow would be my first thought but might be half elf or tiefling. 

In any event, the idea I'm dabbling with is a servant of the gods too young to be jaded.  The elders in her heirarchy are too cautious to do what needs to be done, and she calls them on it by doing it herself. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Murvoen

I might make my Warlock a dragonborn. I just like the idea of a dragonborn warlock.

Muse

Got the idea!  She's a cleric of Lathander the Morninglord: 

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8R1PdN9T-r0/TfA4oHgUBAI/AAAAAAAAABg/bozEBQU2jYM/s1600/Sophitia_SCIV.jpg

https://pre11.deviantart.net/e9db/th/pre/i/2015/246/a/3/redhead_female_warrior_concept_by_inochisidarta-d988h79.jpg

Optomistic, idealistic, curvy.  17 years old if you're comfortable with that, if not then 19. 

What level are we? 

A dragonborn warlock sounds like a lot of fun.  Their strength mixed with simple weapon proficiency would lead to a nicely rounded action girl. 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on August 12, 2018, 11:33:00 PM
What level are we? 

Quote from: Stendarr on June 16, 2018, 12:32:28 PM
I was thinking level 8. Point buy. Any official books you want. And like 500gp for starting gear.

What balance of non-combat obstacle/combat/pure roleplay/sex are people looking for in this game?

Muse

Oh, wow!  :)  Level 8, nice! 

I have a girl good to go as of first level but I'll have to up her. 

She's in google drive, so I'm not supposed to link her to the public portions of the sight.  Sending Eileena's link in a PM to Swordsman and everyone who expressed interest on this page.  If anyone else wants to see let me know.  She's a priestess of Lathander from Cormyr with the Noble background.  Still fairly young but for level 8 I'll up her to 21. 

Murvoen

Balajhar the Tainted
Female Dragonborn (Black)  Warlock 8 CN

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 240 lbs.
Scale Color: Black with a coppery sheen
Hair Color: Same as scales
Eye Color: Gold

Background: Haunted One

Born a copper dragonborn named Wyralaealy, she was the pride and joy of her mother and father. Although she never quite had the physical aptitude of her peers, she had a winning personality and a way with words that more than made up for it. Like all those of her race she grew and matured quickly, leaving home to make her mark at the age of 15. But not even a month into her travels she shamed herself and her family.

While exploring an abandoned home she came across a little black book. The cover was made of an unknown material that blacker than shadows with an unearthly sheen. A strange energy surrounded it that seemed to call to her. Urged her to touch it.

And so she did.

When her eyes fell upon the first page her mind was touched by some unnameable thing she could not comprehend. It held her captive. Showed her things she wouldn't remember or ever understand. But more importantly it offered her power. Power nothing else could give her. And trapped in the madness of the thing's grasp she accepted.

Coming to she found her copper scales had become black. All that was left of her metallic coloring was a coppery sheen when the light struck them. Her mind was, thankfully, whole but there was damage. Shaken and not wholly certain what had taken place she took the book and ran home in search of comfort and a way of undoing it.

What she got was contempt and pity. Her family turned her out. The others shunned her as she was no longer metallic like the rest of them. And that day she was given a new name.

Balajhar the Tainted.

Now with no family and no home she has come to terms with her condition and the pact. At the moment her most constant companion is her familiar, a nameless raven that is always by her side. The journal no longer holds the strange words it did before, and now contains her dreams. Each night they are written and each morning she reads them, searching for meaning in the madness.  Her sanity never fully recovered, but her gift of charm and way with words has a way of hiding what she lacks.

Current Familiar:
Raven

Type: Fey (Neutral)
Size: Tiny
Armor Class: 12
Hit Points: 1 (1d4-1)
Speed: 10 ft., fly 50 ft.
STR: 2 (-4) 
DEX: 14 (+2) 
CON: 8 (-1)
INT: 2 (-4)
WIS: 12 (+1) 
CHA: 6 (-2)
Skills: Perception +3
Senses: Passive Perception (13)

Mimicry
The raven can mimic simple sounds it has heard, such as a person whispering, a baby crying, or an animal chittering. A creature that hears the sounds can tell they are imitations with a successful DC 10 Wisdom (Insight) check.

Actions
Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) piercing damage.

AC 12 HP  Speed 30ft

Str 10 (0) Dex 13 (1) Con 16 (3) Wis 12 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 18 (4)

Attacks
Shortbow +4 1D6
Dart +4 1D4
Dagger +4 1D4
Acid Breath Weapon  5' by 30' line (Dex Save = 14)

Proficiencies and Languages
Light Armor
Simple Weapons
Common
Draconic
Abyssal

Skills
Proficiencies
Arcana (3), Investigation (3), Deception (7), Intimidation (7)

Athletics (0), Acrobatics (1), Stealth (1), Sleight of Hand (1), History (0), Nature (0), Religion (0), Animal Handling (1), Insight (1), Medicine (1), Perception (1), Survival (1), Performance (4), Persuasion (4)

Features
Heart of Darkness - Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.

Awakened Mind - Starting at 1st level, you can communicate telepathically with any creature you can see within 30 feet of you. You don't need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic utterances, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language. Additionally, the creature does not gain the ability to telepathically reply, despite you being able to speak to it.

Entropic Ward - At 6th level, when a creature makes an attack roll against you, you can use your reaction to impose disadvantage on that roll. If the attack misses you, your next attack roll against the creature has advantage if you make it before the end of your next turn. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Pact of the Chain - You learn the Find Familiar spell and can cast it as a ritual. The spell doesn't count against your number of spells known. When you cast the spell, you can choose one of the normal forms for your familiar or one of the following special forms: imp, pseudodragon, quasit or sprite. Additionally, when you take the Attack action, you can forgo one of your own attacks to allow your familiar to make one attack of its own with its reaction.

Invocations

Agonizing Blast - Add Charisma bonus to Eldritch Blast damage

Maddening Hex - As a bonus action, you cause a psychic disturbance around the target cursed by your hex spell or by a warlock feature of yours, such as Hexblade's Curse or Sign of Ill Omen. When you do so, you deal psychic damage to the cursed target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The psychic damage equals your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 damage). To use this invocation, you must be able to see the cursed target, and it must be within 30 feet of you.

Thief of Five Fates - You can cast Bane once using a warlock spell slot. You can't do so again until you finish a long rest.

Voice of the Chain Master - You can communicate telepathically with your familiar and perceive through your familiar's senses as long as you are on the same plane of existence. Additionally, while perceiving through your familiar's senses, you can also speak through your familiar in your own voice, even if your familiar is normally incapable of speech.

Equipment
Component Pouch
Leather Armor (Wearing)
Shortbow
Dart
Dagger (x2)
Dungeoneer's pack:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

• Backpack
  • Crowbar
  • Hammer
  • 10 Pitons
  • 10 Torches
  • 10 Days of Rations
  • Waterskin
  • 50 Ft. Hempen Rope

Items Provided by Background
Black Journal (Records only her dreams and her dreams alone as she sleeps)
Monster Hunter's Pack:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

• Chest
  • Crowbar
  • 3 Wooden Stakes
  • Holy Symbol
  • Flask of Holy Water
  • Set of Manacles
  • Steel Mirror
  • Flask of Oil
  • Tinderbox
  • 3 Torches

Pact Magic
Spellcasting Ability: Charisma
Save DC: 15 (8+ Prof+ Cha)
Spell Attack: 7 (Prof + Cha)

Cantrips Known: 3
Spells Known: 9
Available Slots: 2 per Short Rest
Slot Lvl: 4th

Spell List:
Cantrips:
Eldritch Blast

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
Make a ranged spell attack. On hit, the target takes 1d10 force damage.

The spell creates more beams when you reach higher levels: two at 5th, three at 11th, and four at 17th. You can direct the beams at the same or different targets. Make separate attack rolls for each beam.

Toll the Dead

Range: 60 feet
A creature you can see must pass a Wisdom save or take damage. If it's missing any hit points, the damage is 1d12 necrotic damage; otherwise, it's 1d8.

The damage increases by one die when you reach 5th, 11th, and 17th level.

Chill Touch

Duration: 1 round
Make a ranged spell attack. On hit, the target takes 1d8 necrotic damage and can't regain hit points until the start of your next turn.

If you hit an undead target, it also has disadvantage on attack rolls against you until the end of your next turn.

This spell's damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th, 11th, and 17th level.

Lvl 1 Spells:
Hex

1st-level enchantment
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: 90 feet
Components: V, S, M (Petrified newt eye)
Duration: Conc. Up to 1 hour

Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6 necrotic damage to the target when you hit it with an attack. Also, choose one ability when you cast the spell. The target has disadvantage on ability checks made with the chosen ability. If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a turn of yours to curse a new creature. A Remove Curse cast on the target ends this spell early.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd or 4th level, you can concentrate on the spell for up to 8 hours. With a slot that's 5th level or higher, you can concentrate for up to 24 hours

Witchbolt

1st-level evocation
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (Twig struck by lightning)
Duration: Conc. Up to 1 minute

Make a ranged spell attack against that creature. On a hit, the target takes 1d12 lightning damage, and on your turn, you can use your action to deal 1d12 lightning damage to the target. The spell ends if you use your action to do anything else. The spell also ends if the target is ever outside the spell's range or if it has total cover from you.

At Higher Levels: The initial damage increases by 1d12 for each slot level above 1st.

Find Familiar (Pact of the Chain)

1 conjuration
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: 10 feet
Components: V, S, M (10 gp worth of charcoal, incense, and herbs that must be consumed by fire in a brass brazier)

You gain the service of a familiar, a spirit that takes an animal form you choose: bat, cat, crab, frog (toad), hawk, lizard, octopus, owl, poisonous snake, fish (quipper), rat, raven, sea horse, spider, or weasel. Appearing in an unoccupied space within range, the familiar has the statistics of the chosen form, though it is a celestial, fey, or fiend (your choice) instead of a beast.
Your familiar acts independently of you, but it always obeys your commands. In combat, it rolls its own initiative and acts on its own turn. A familiar can’t attack, but it can take other actions as normal.
When the familiar drops to 0 hit points, it disappears, leaving behind no physical form. It reappears after you cast this spell again
While your familiar is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar’s eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses.
As an action, you can temporarily dismiss your familiar. It disappears into a pocket dimension where it awaits your summons. Alternatively, you can dismiss it forever. As an action while it is temporarily dismissed, you can cause it to reappear in any unoccupied space within 30 feet of you.
You can’t have more than one familiar at a time. If you cast this spell while you already have a familiar, you instead cause it to adopt a new form. Choose one of the forms from the above list. Your familiar transforms into the chosen creature.
Finally, when you cast a spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell. Your familiar must be within 100 feet of you, and it must use its reaction to deliver the spell when you cast it. If the spell requires an attack roll, you use your attack modifier for the roll.

Lvl 2 Spells:
Phantasmal Force

2nd-level illusion
Components: V, S, M (Fleece)

You fill the mind of a creature you can see with some illusory creature, object, or phenomenon while the spell lasts. Unless the target succeeds at an Intelligence saving throw, it believes the illusion is entirely real; even its senses will verify this and any illogical situations that arise will be rationalised in the illusion's favor.

The target can even be physically manipulated and take damage from its illusion. On your turn, the illusion deals 1d6 psychic damage if it stands in or enters the area within 5 feet of the illusion, in cluding the illusion's space. The damage appears to the target to be caused by some attack or effect that is natural to the illusion. It does not deal damage if it is not of something that would naturally attack or cause a damaging effect if it were real.

The target can look more closely at the illusion, making an Intelligence (Investigation) check. If it succeeds the illusion disappears and the spell ends

Mind Spike

2nd-level divination
Components: S
Duration: Conc. Up to 1 hour

Choose one creature you can see. The target must pass a Wisdom saving throw or take 3d8 psychic damage. It takes half as much on a success. On a failed save, you also always know the target's location, but only while the two of you are on the same plane. The target can't become hidden from you, and if it's invisible, it gains no benefits from this condition against you.

At Higher Levels: The damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 2nd.

Lvl 3 Spells:
Enemies Abound

3rd-level enchantment

You force one creature you can see to make an Intelligence save. It automatically succeeds if it's immune to being frightened. On a failure, the target regards all creatures it can see as enemies, allies included. Each time the target takes damage, it can repeat the save, ending the effect on a success.

Whenever the creature chooses a target, it must choose at random from among the creatures it can see within range. If an enemy provokes an opportunity attack, the creature must make that attack if it's able to.

Hunger of Hadar

3rd-level conjuration
Range: 150 feet
Components: V, S, M (Pickled octopus tentacle)

A 20-foot-radius void appears on a point you choose. It's filled with whispers and slurping that can be heard up to 30 feet away. No light can illuminate the area, and creatures fully in it are blinded. The void's area is difficult terrain. Any creature that starts its turn in the area takes 2d6 cold damage. Any creature that ends its turn there must succeed on a Dexterity save or take 2d6 acid damage.

Lvl 4 Spells:
Evard's Black Tentacles

4th-level conjuration
Range: 90 feet
Components: V, S, M (Tentacle of giant octopus/squid)
For the duration, tentacles fill a 20-foot square on ground that you can see and turn it into difficult terrain.

When a creature enters the area for the first time or starts its turn there, it must pass a Dexterity save or take 3d6 bludgeoning damage and be restrained until the spell ends. If it's already restrained by the tentacles, it takes 3d6 bludgeoning damage.

The restrained creature can use its action to make a Strength or Dexterity check of its choice. On a success, it's freed.

Sickening Radiance

4th-level evocation
Duration: Conc. Up to 10 minutes

Dim light spreads within a 30-foot radius sphere centered on a point. The light spreads around corners and lasts until the spell ends.

When a creature moves into the spell's area for the first time or starts its turn there, it must pass a Constitution save or take 4d10 radiant damage, suffer one level of exhaustion, and emit a dim light in a 5-foot radius that prevents invisibility. The light and exhaustion go away when the spell ends.

Blight

4th-level necromancy
Range: 30 feet

A creature you can see must make a Constitution save. It takes 8d8 necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much on a success. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

If you target a plant creature or magical plant, it saves with disadvantage, and the spell deals maximum damage. If you target a non-magical plant that isn't a creature, it automatically dies.

At Higher Levels: The damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 4th.

Swordsman18

Muse