The Changeling's "Nightmare" (Interest Check)

Started by AidaLily, August 02, 2012, 09:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Truhan

What I wonder, would interaction between characters spike off level 3, if such interaction pleases the changeling? or is that only through mannequins?

AidaLily

Quote from: AndyZ on August 06, 2012, 07:36:15 AM
A quick rundown to make sure that I understand everything:

The game starts at level 2 and we're almost certainly never going to enter level 1.

Yes

QuoteMannequins put us into level 3.

Yes but for the period of time it takes for you to give the changeling what it wants.  Once the fantasy is over, you will be back in Level 2 if you were already awake in it.  For clarification look at my blue and purple examples.  In the blue example, if Jack ran into a mannequin, then once his fantasy or desire was completed he would find himself in the place he ran into the doll in Level 2. In the purple example, Mary is already in level 3 and thus when the mannequin fantasy was done, she would still be in Level 3 because she hasn't gone into Level 2 yet.

When the fantasy is complete, the mannequin will disappear from that spot and most like reappear somewhere else.  It is up for suggestion whether or not people can see those in a Mannequin-induced Level 3.

QuotePeople in level 2 and level 3 will still see each other but through the respective overlays and probably won't understand each other.

Yes.  The only way they would understand each other is if they were all on Level 2.  The blue example (Jack) would have no idea what on earth the purple example (Mary) was talking about because he can't see what she is talking to.  The purple example (Mary) may "see" the blue example (Jack) as someone from her dream and therefore may react accordingly.  Your character AndyZ may see him as a prince or her father and ask for a dance in which Jack would have no idea why she wanted to dance.

QuoteMy palace idea would probably kick in when she gets to level 3, but level 2 might transform into an amalgam of what the changeling wants as time goes on.  It'll start out just as the town though.

Unless the character is a lucid dreamer OR was not asleep when the mist rolled in, they will be in Level 3. If your character AndyZ is asleep when the mist rolls in then you character is in Level 3.  If your character is not asleep when the mist rolls in, you can choose for them to be in Level 2 or fall into the deeper sleep of Level 3.

If your character starts out in Level 3, then she would believe she was in her dream palace.  What she is actually doing in Level 2 would be up to you to type out.  For example, you could have her walking along a beautiful lake and she is actually by a community pool.  Reference purple example if you need to.

QuoteI suggest that italics be used for things in level 3 in order to help people know what is and isn't within their perceptions.

I agree with this suggestion and think it would make things much easier.  I would also suggest mannequin forced (and/or changeling forced **see below**) Level 3's be done in a different color like Red or Blue, so that people could tell the difference between someone normally in Level 3 and someone pulled into Level 3 for a set period of time.

Quote from: Prince Truhan on August 06, 2012, 09:22:14 AM
What I wonder, would interaction between characters spike off level 3, if such interaction pleases the changeling? or is that only through mannequins?

I.... hadn't thought of that. However, it brings up a very interesting idea and therefore I will add it in.  If during the Level 2 character interactions, one character may have thoughts of another in a different style setting and it coincides with what the changeling needs/wants, then it is possible that the changeling will push them into a Level 3 scenario. 

However, this must be agreed upon with both players as to avoid any unnecessary conflict.  As I am controlling the changeling, a character, and some mannequins (all if no one else wants to)  when I put up the OOC thread, just make a mention of it so I can put it in my post as thoughts of the changeling.

~~~~~

The OOC thread will be put up tonight with the starting post (IC thread) put up tonight or tomorrow night.
I will include a link to this thread and a summary of all information found within it so that everyone has something to reference.
If you have anymore questions, need examples, or have anymore suggestions  please post them here or pm me and I will answer them.
I will either send a pm with the link to the roleplay or send it through here.

Let's have a great game!  ;D
"the whispers in the dark...*

Ons and Offs

My Absences and Apologies

TheHangedOne

I have a question! Is their a character sheet for us to fill out?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

Lynnaria was the daughter of a human sailor and an elven maiden who met upon an island.  She doesn't know much about it, except that their love was as brief and beautiful as a shooting star.  She doesn't know where either of them are, but she ended up as the serving wench in a town, having been there for as long as she can remember.  The only real hint to her identity is her necklace, made from beads and cheap trinkets but more valuable to her than the finest platinum.

Although she has her own tiny room at the inn, her only chances for any sort of serious advancement involve a life of adventuring, something far too terrifying for her to even consider.  Her heart's wish, however, is to find out that she's actually noble born, to take her station as a princess and never have to worry about hurting feet and accidentally burning her hands ever again.

She lets her hair grow long, keeping her ears covered so that the hard tips won't be easily seen.

There's what I'm looking at.  I can add stuff in if a formal sheet comes up.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AidaLily

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 06, 2012, 12:05:22 PM
I have a question! Is their a character sheet for us to fill out?

I will put up the character sheet in the OOC thread.  I am thinking for easier reference posting all the characters there as well.

AndyZ:  I will be making a formal sheet, but based on that and the fact you have included a picture, it will only be more superficial details you would need to add like age and sexuality.

I plan to have it all up by 9pm EST since that is when I will have downtime.  If it is up beforehand I will post it here.

Ons and Offs

AidaLily

Here is the OOC and Character Thread.

I will put up the main post either later tonight or tomorrow to give everyone a chance to put up their characters.  I am not particular on what type of pictures you use whether real or anime, but please make sure they follow the guidelines.

OOC and Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=148365.0

Ons and Offs