IC: Looking for partner or partners in long tern storytelling

Started by Cirus, December 15, 2018, 04:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirus

I have been gone for a very long time, a long time indeed.

Recently I have found a great app and device (the internet typewriter along with a chromebook); thus the writing is just piling up on itself. A lot of writing but with little purpose.

I want purpose, a story to tell.

I am looking for a writing partner, possibly partners to explore characters, worlds, stories, genres and if need be (for character development or just fun) some mind/gender bending erotica. This is a solicitation for something long-term either within Elliquiy or without (possibly via email).

Feel free to look through my ideas, previous posts, ins and outs and profile for some inspiration. Questions are welcome and I look forward to them.

Glad to be back.

C
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Cirus

In this endeavor I have started a discord channel to that effect. Inquire within for an invite.

Recent thoughts are the following.

• Some sort of starship endeavor ala Star Trek or Orville going deep into space and exploring inter-species relations and customs.
  • A dungeon fantasy romp where lovers crush the evil that is the monsters. A romantic tomb of horrors?
  • As you can see from the icon, I am a big Dr Strange fan. I am thinking of a one on one, or perhaps with more, myself playing Dr. Strange and someone else playing Mystique. For some odd reason I feel like those two would make some serious chemistry together.
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Ixy

Welcome back-- and please go on.  How many writers are you looking for, particularly for the second idea?  And is it possible this would be without a game system and, instead, focus entirely on creative collaboration?  Thanks in advance for the reply--

Cirus

I am an ancient role-player forged in the fires of the red box over two decades ago (ye gods don't do the math, I beg of you). I adore a good dungeon crawl and always thought, strangely, that it was a great place for good character and scene development. Nothing like an intense close-quartered fight to throw in a few plot and character flashbacks.

Monsters are great for character.

I am not looking do be a DM, I mean who ever wants that in a crawl? I am looking to thrown out some ideas, get some good characters and setting and lets go explore the ultimate dungeon, our imaginations.

Considering where we play, let me just say that dungeoneers are violent and intense characters, so there is no doubt in my mind that some would be attracted to each other.

Battle is quite the afrodisiac.

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Drakan

The Wulf gladly answers the call, happy to assist in any way that I can :)  Been dying to break in my original character here lol

Cirus

So, anyone want to talk ideas, scenarios and all of that. Ancient red box gamer here.

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Drakan

Well back in my older rp days my character normally would be a soldier that protected an unknown frontier of monsters, brutish barbarians and the like via a large nearly impenetrable wall similar to that such as that new Matt Damon movie "The Great Wall".  Its mainly a war of survival where his kingdom is chiefly responsible for keeping these marauders at bay but the employment of mercenaries and adventurers always helps.  Hopefully that'll give us a foundation blueprint to work with lol

Roleplay Frog

QuoteA romantic tomb of horrors?
Wouldn't that basically be

QuoteMonsters are great for character.

Ain't that the truth though.

It's interesting, from Cirus I get kinda Ravenlofty vibes, from Drakan I get almost Warhammery vibes.

That said, this is propably the core of the issue:
QuoteI am not looking do be a DM, I mean who ever wants that in a crawl? I am looking to thrown out some ideas, get some good characters and setting and lets go explore the ultimate dungeon, our imaginations.

Now sometimes you just wanna run a dungeon, tell a story, but rarely will you find someone that just runs a dungeon and is happy being a threat to be overcome whilest the players wander off and have all the fun, well, without enticing incentive. *chuckles*

Cirus

I am wondering if this should be a an undependent thread. Suggestions let me know.

Also how does one file these wondrous threads. I see many threads that have a thread for characters, and comments, and ideas. How does one organize that under one banner- simply with linking addresses?

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Roleplay Frog

first ya need a dm and enough folks to get frisky with. Then ya can see about making a lil hub-thread. :P

Cirus

If crawl comes to shove I guess I could be a DM but I would much rather play

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Cirus

For those interested in continuing the talk of a possible crawl. Push comes to shove I will be the DM, but I would prefer we all build the world together.

Here is a link I made a LONG time ago and perhaps we can restart it:

Dungeon Crawl Discussion

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies