Star Wars Saga Edition - Hunting the Hutts (Extreme)

Started by ivygrowth, December 13, 2010, 03:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivygrowth

The Twin Hutts, Zhar and Ruhk, rose to unimagined heights of power in the years following the destruction of the second Death Star and the death of the Emperor.  Using an Acclamator-class Assault Ship, the "Jewel", as their base, they managed to seize control of an entire moon and spread their criminal empire throughout a hundred systems. 

Kishor the Red was a mysterious figure who was rumoured to be connected a faction of the former Galactic Empire.  In 17 ABY, he put up a bounty of one million credits for the head of either of the Hutts, or two and a half million credits for both. 

--

The Cantina was dark, smokey, crowded, and loud.  A group of Duros musicians played a variety of instruments as a Zeltron sang and danced.  Every table was packed except for one in the corner, where a Quarren sat next to a figure shrouded in thick clothing.  The Quarran was Rellius, your contact, you didn't know who his companion was.

--

This is a Star Wars Saga Edition game.  I am following the canon only so far as it is in the rulebooks, I am not familiar with the expanded universe books, and the game will deviate from them.

I am looking for 4 to 6 players.
Characters will begin at level 8.
Characters will begin with 50,000 credits each.
Characters will begin on the moon of Nar Shaddaa.
I am not opposed to Jedi or Sith, but they will need a good back story to justify their presence.
Ability scores will be rolled using 4d6, keep the highest 3.  You may roll 7 times, and keep the highest 6.

There are a few books I don't own, but otherwise I will allow the use of most of them.  However you will need to note which one(s) you used when creating your character.

This game will be in the Extreme section, and may include content to reflect this.  However please list your limits (and preferences).  I don't mind fading to black if a player isn't comfortable with a scene, and will try to take them to other threads if not everyone is comfortable with what is going on.

Muse

*Bows* 

This soudns like a marvelous game.  Plese consider my application. 

I'll be sending Shanta Greensong your way.  She is a Zabrack Scout. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Crovonovin

Popping in to state my interest!  Probably something from hardier stock, or perhaps a droid of some sort.

elfguy

Well I'm a big starwars fan so I'm interested in this but I don't know that system, and usually stay away from system games. Is it fairly simple to do? Do I need to have a background in how the rule books work?

If I join I'd play a female twi'lek bounty hunter.
----

lorcan

lorcan

Ivy, would you happen to have the Uknown Regions Book?

ivygrowth

I am fine if people don't own the system, as long as they can write up a detailed concept and don't mind working with me to make sure it fits with the system.  Generally speaking I prefer to use the system as background, and mostly only roll for combat or when something could go either way.  In those cases, I am quite happy to roll for the player and describe the results as opposed to using numbers.

The rules are similar to D&D in some ways, the same six ability scores, feats, skills.  The main differences that come to mind are that skills are trained or untrained, as opposed to using points, and the addition of talents (similar to feats in some ways, but class specific)

Hmm, I think I have the unknown regions book, but will have to check when I get home.

mystictiger

I quite like the look of this, but I figure that I don't want to become an Ivygrowth groupie just yet - one game is enough, as otherwise you might think I'm stalking you! Good luck with it!
Want a system game? I got system games!

lorcan

If you do have the  Unknown Regions book would you allow a near human in?

ivygrowth

I do have the Unknown Regions, and Near Humans are fine.

Tonalberry

I've always wanted to join in on a Saga game.  How do you feel about Mandalorians?  I'm not sure how..plentiful, they are during the movies era, or after the movies take place.

ivygrowth

I don't have a problem with Mandalorians, though are they a species of their own in any books, or just near-human?

Crovonovin

There are several alien races that technically call themselves Mandalorians, but the vast majority of them are either human or near-human.

Muse

Mandalorians aren't a species but a movement.  I might go so far as to say, a philosophy.  :) 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ivygrowth

Ah, okay.  The only thing I remembered about them offhand was that they were antagonists in Knights of the Old Republic :P  Though the Star Wars wiki seemed to have a long timeline for them.

Muse

The Knights of the Old Republic book for Star Wars Saga is fairly disorganized as a setting book.  It would probably be more useful to me if i had played the video games. 

Nonetheless, it has a nice chapter on Mandolorians, their culture, philosophy, and the leadership during the neo-crusade twisted these things too allow for mass recruitment of the conquered, leading to the need for a cultural Renaissance thereafter. 

When I find it in the morning I'll try and bring out some important quottes. 

lorcan

Also i believe the have a stat block somewhere in the Clone War Era since the Clones are made from Jango but you would be A clone at that point.

DuhMan

lorcan

Ivy or I could Help you make a character and teach you the system.

DuhMan

Quote from: lorcan on December 14, 2010, 07:47:32 AM
Ivy or I could Help you make a character and teach you the system.

Ok, I'll give it a try. I've got 'two' 'characters' on the wiki. One human and the other a near human. Both of which would fit into the RP easily.

lorcan

Okay well first things first will have to firgure out which star wars planet your from, So why dont you send me an im on E and will work things out cause i dont want to bog down this post with the work that needs to be done.

Tonalberry

Wookipedia's been helping me big time with Mandalorians.  So they're still around and thriving even after the movie's take place, so being one shouldn't be much of a problem.  But here's a question.  If I'm playing an actual Mandalorian, probably a mercenary, what do I have to do to start with some Mandalorian armor from the KotOR sourcebook.  They don't list a price, as they are Military, and Rare grade armors.

ivygrowth

In the KotOR sourcebook?  I don't see Mandalorian armour, just Mandalorian Manufacture.  Unless I'm missing something obvious, hmm.

Tonalberry

It's in the back, in the section where it talks about the Mandalorians in length.  Pg. 201 specifically for the armor.

ivygrowth

Ah, okay.  I would probably allow it using a similar suit of armour as the base price, adding in the jet pack or such, then maybe +10% on top, though I will have to look at it a bit more closely.