Gunbuster: All it takes is Heart!(Light or Bondage)

Started by Elohim, March 22, 2009, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elohim

Many years have passed since the heroes of the original war returned to earth after their long journey through space and time.  Things have changed,  with the introduction of lost technology to earth once more, humanity has reached what could be considered the epitome of its civilization.  There isn't much outside the grasp of humanity. It seems like a paradise when its on paper,  but human evolution has also caused problems that had been unforeseen.  They're called the Topless,  humans who managed to surpass their original nature and became primordial forces in and of themselves. 

From time to time one of these beings will appear spontaneously,  without warning evolving seemingly in an instant.  Their minds have been twisted,  too the point where they desire the destruction of humanity.  In their state of near omniscience,  they've supposedly seen the future.  They ramble on about the immanent destruction of the universe brought on by humanities pride, and the powers of their own kin.  Their minds, incapable of comprehending the destruction of all that is,  instead decide that it would be better to snuff out the problem entirely,  even if it means the destruction of themselves and all that they ever cared for.  They're are titans,  even the most advanced human technology backed up by top notch pilots don't stand a chance against these monster...  only once force is capable of stopping them.

Another topless,  even as they are a curse on humanity the are also a boon and have been such since the battle against the invaders,  that was long before the twisted topless began appearing.  These warriors are indoctrinated at a young into the almost religious order of the fraternity. A group of topless that train their peers in the uses of their powers,  while giving them hope and preaching to humanity that they will change the future thanks to their near limitless capability and disprove the apocalyptic warnings of their twisted kin all the while doing battle against them.

Synthetic life forms that were once sealed away by humanity that have been recovered to aid them in their fight, called buster machines assist them in their battle against their brethren lending them their strength,  and experience from wars long forgotten by humanity.

I am looking to recruit a group of players,  between 3-5 willing to both play in the game and assist me in running it.  They'll be playing members of the fraternity.  The storyline will revolve around of course, battling the horrors that beseech humanity, mixed with your typical high school drama storyline.  Blossoming romances,  tests,  and typical rivalries are a must!  A knowledge of Gunbuster and Diebuster are not necessary,  but would be useful.

Information on topless

There are currently four known levels of topless
1:  These are individuals who display topless traits early on in life,  but are incapable of ever truly mastering their capabilities. They usually have their powers sealed away by the government, force to wear a rather uncomfortable device into adulthood, when their capabilities will dissipate. 

2:  These are the typical members of the fraternity,  They are capable of piloting a Buster machine, and accessing its locked abilities through the use of their exotic technique. 

3:  Are topless showing greater ability to manipulate the fabric of reality itself,  generally,  these warriors are what were consider "Idol class" soldiers in the war against the invaders.  Recently,  a new regulation has been put into place these characters are given a choice.  They can choose to have their abilities sealed off like level 1 as they seem somewhat more susceptible to suffering the clarity.  Or have their bodies reconstructed using technology similar to that of the Buster machines.  It possesses protocol that force the level 3 to  gain access to its capabilities requiring clearance for any ability beyond that of a level 2

4:  As of yet,  only one instance of a level 4 amongst humans is known Lal'C Mellk Mal, and she has passed on into the realm of legend,  passing away years ago.   

If we could revive this, it would be brilliant. O_O

The Great Triangle

Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Vincent

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Mmkay, do any of you know the plot of the anime(s)? :P

Elohim

After researching things a bit more,  I think knowledge of the universe... as well as a few other Gianax animes might be neccesary for a player to join the game, particularly Gurren Lagann,  EVANGELION, and FLCL.

Vincent

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Unishifter

I saw and liked all the shows you mentioned. Count me tentatively in until I have more details?

Yeah, when I think about it, familiarity is at least required to know what's going on, and actual firsthand knowledge (i.e. having seen them) would be a major boon.

goalt

So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

Elohim

Too further bridge the gap between Gurran Lagann and Gunbuster I will be opening up three other kinds of character slots.  They will not be as potent as topless,  and without extreme circumstances they lack the exotic technique to pilot a Buster Machine and will have to make do with Mecha that have been created as being more suitable to their nature,  that builds off their own muscle power, and generally comes equipped with heavy artillery... over their near supernatural traits of the Buster Machines,  this armor lacks Sapience. 

Beastman:  Are the results of human experimentation to improve upon the human condition.  In many ways it runs counter to the nature of topless,  who are at the peak of natural human evolution beastman are an attempt to take evolution and manipulate it as humans see fit.  These creatures,  are the result of mingling human and bestial DNA.  They are generally more physically able then a typical human being,  but,  they lack that "spark" that allows humans to transcend the limitations that the cosmo has set upon them.  There are three castes of beastmen to date

Beastials:  the combination of human and canine/reptile/avian ETC DNA favouring the animal end of the spectrum,  they have more in common with their beastial heritage then their human,  and while they possess a similiar build to a human being they are by no means able to be confused with a human.  Of the three categories of beastman they are more often simply employed as gaurds.  They are generally less intelligent then humans,  and,  despite their physical resemblence to animals they are the least physically capable of their kind.   IMPOSSIBLE TO BECOME TOPLESS

Anthromorphs:  referred to using the slang "Furry" by most,  these are typically combination of equal part animal and human DNA.   The result is a humanoid with basic animal features,  muzzles are less pronounced, they lack natural weaponry.  Thanks to additional genetic tinkering they are more potent in physical combat, and are typically as intelligent as an average human.  Often attain acceptance into the scarlet beast brigade  Impossible to become topless

Near Humans:  Are the height of modern genetic tinkering,  though they remain mostly human in appearance with only basic expression of their bestial nature.  They are also the rarest,  because their creation involves more then simple combination of genetic material.  They are the results of extreme alteration of both the animal and genetic components creating,  in super men capable of feats of strength, agility, and mental acuity unheard of by mere humans.  Often they become officers in the Scarlet Beast Brigade.  Because they favor they're human aspects,  on very RARE occasion it is possible for them to manifest themselves as First Stage topless.  More often then not,  this will result in their elimination...

The Scarlet Beast Brigade:  Is an organization that was created by the Military to work in close contact with the Fraternity.    Part of the agreement to not eliminate all topless that manifest,  is the fact that the fraternity allow the Scarlet Beast Brigade to house a large squad in each installation the Fraternity builds.  They are,  at least on the surface treated as equals...  but,  its known that many topless see these creatures as second class citizens and members of the scarlet beast brigade suspect that any of the members of the fraternity could go rogue at any moment and treat them accordingly.

Will add descriptive images as I find them

The Great Triangle

Name: Aural
Batch Number: 200795624
Classification: Near Human Shark Beastman
Rank: Commander of the Space Monster Extermination Force; Authorized Pilot, Gun Machine 001: Beowulf

Background: Aural is the result of a particularly advanced breeding program to design a weapons program nearly equal in power to the Buster Machines: The Gun Machines.  While conventional beastman equipment builds off of the muscle of the beastmen, the experimental gun machine resembles a giant face, and uses the ego of its pilot to increase its level of power.  Gun Machines are not sapient, but they are sentient, able to feel pain and resonate emotionally with their pilots.  More importantly, they are theoretically capable of using exotic techniques, although the projected strain on the pilot would be incredible.  Aural was recently deployed as the leader of a beastman unit mopping up after and supporting the topless of the fraternity in attacking the space monsters.

Description: Aural is a fairly short being, only 4' 11', and with a very thin frame.  His skin is pale, and his hair is white, kept at shoulder length.  His principal distinguishing features are his coppery eyes and extremely sharp teeth, of which he has multiple rows within his mouth.  He carries a Katana with him wherever he goes, and is renowned as an expert swordfighter in his spare time.

Aural's Gun Machine:

Name: Beowulf
Designation: Gun Machine 001
Class: Gun Man Class
Exotic Technique: Unknown

Background: After a massive number of failures, human science finally created a fully technological machine to match the techno organic buster machines.  The gun machines, as they are called, have several major flaws, such as not being able to fire projectile weapons without damaging their own energy sheilds, and having massive limbs capable only of slow, broad attacks.  Finally, gun machines are a little slower and smaller than Buster Machines, and much too small to be capable of warp transport under their own power.  There are rumors that scientists are working on a special space gun machine to counter these weaknesses.

Description: Beowulf is a rather blocky, all white machine, its central section roughly shield shaped, with a broad, flad top and a body that tapers down to a point at the bottom.  The mech's eyes occupy a substantial part of its frontal surface area, though the "mouth" is even bigger, twisted into a strange grin.  Two blocky arms and legs extend from the central core, looking something like the arms of a robot from a low budget 1950s sci fi movie.  The right arm is capable of carrying a variety of melee weapons, the most common of which is the progressive lance, a long weapon capable of peircing nearly any energy field based defense.  The right arm of the mech ends in a massive drill, which assists in peircing heavy defenses.  The only ranged weapon posssesed by the Beowulf is the Gun Beam, a weak, slow moving beam fired from the forhead of the mech.  Most fraternity pilots consider this weapon so weak they find it insulting.  The Gun Man class of mechs is designed to attack in a group to disable powerful space monsters, such as variable gravity well creatures. 

Ons and Offs

Elohim

I really would like to see more characters, before I start up any additional threads.

Transgirlenstein

I sort of have an idea for one just need to talk with you about it first to make sure it fits into the world
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Elohim

goalt

Hm. I'll ponder my character. And try to keep myself away from goofy-but-awesome sunglasses  :P
So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

The Great Triangle

Ons and Offs