Dragon Riders of Pern : Interest Check

Started by SweetSerenade, December 05, 2014, 05:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Several updates to the Wiki! Enjoy the new info!

I plan on filling in details for the rest of the Northern Weyrs Territories (And Northern Holds) Once I get everything else situated. We are not using Eastern Islands or Western Island or Southern in this game. Not till we have enough people to logistisize the access for game play in those areas.

As a note, Dragon details and Candidate/Weyrling/Rider creation details should be available around Christmas time if all goes well. Shortly after that Profile formats for humans and Dragons will be open, and I will start filling in details for Whers as well. (In case anyone other than me is interested in being a Wher handler)

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Verasaille

All this detail is beginning to sound overwhelming.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Verasaille on December 16, 2014, 04:54:55 PM
All this detail is beginning to sound overwhelming.

Only for me, XD Most of th stuff is just info that you can read so you know how to make a character in each kind of place you might want to make one... XD The plot for the game itself has not been outlined and is pretty much an open world. :D

Chrystal

Please note that Sweet and I are putting this work in so that you guys and gals don't have to get confused by it,

Don't get bogged down by the detail. If you are interested in (say) making a character who is a journeyman tanner, read the sectio on general crafts, go to the section on crafts and halls, and look up the tanner hall, read that bit, then go to the section on making a journeyman and read that.

Then just fill in your character sheet appropriately (when we get the character sheet up)...

You don't need to know everything! Only Sweet and I do because she's running the game and I'm helping.

By the way, if your name does not appear on the "interested players" list, and you want it there (or it does and you changed your mind, but I'd rather that didn't happen) then PM me and I'll add you to the list.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Caela

Sweet and Chrystal, the Wiki is looking amazing! You guys are doing a fantastic job.

Verasaille

How do you find the Wiki where you have all the stuff? Or can you link it for me please?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Verasaille on December 16, 2014, 08:41:44 PM
How do you find the Wiki where you have all the stuff? Or can you link it for me please?

On the first page of this thread is a link that takes you to the Games Wiki :D

Angie

Quote from: Verasaille on December 16, 2014, 08:41:44 PM

It's in the original post, way at the beginning.

And SS ninja'd my ass.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Verasaille

I might have a bad memory, but are there red dragons? I thought it was only gold, bronze, brown, green and blue, and of course the white. I did not think there were red or black either.

SweetSerenade

No red or black dragons. The dragon section of our game has not been added yet. XD

Verasaille

Was looking at the dragon pictures and it shows a red. It's why I asked.

Caela

Quote from: Verasaille on December 16, 2014, 08:59:17 PM
Was looking at the dragon pictures and it shows a red. It's why I asked.

I think the more reddish one is meant to be Bronze, while the yellow one would be a Gold. Or those were my assumptions.

SweetSerenade

Its meant to be a Bronze, not a red. The issue with certain colors is how to make them look right. XD

Chrystal

Sorry....

Bronze is a difficult colour to create.

I don't think I did too bad? The problem is that bronze is a metallic brown, and brown is actually "dark yellow"

Yellow is FFFF00, brown is 7F7F00, basically half the intensity of Red and Green. (shadows added so you can see them...) And of course, gold is a metallic yellow. About the only thing one can do with bronze is go for an orangey colour, otherwise it looks too much like brown...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ms Gavane

Can you try these codes?

8A5C00
A17D33
B99D66

They look good on my screen, but i know they don't translation well on all devices.
O/O

Chrystal

First one looks like this on the dragon:

Second one:

Third one:

The issue is that it's not just a solid colour. The base colour is actually in the darkest shadow under the wings... (edit) and on the tail, I just realised

SweetSerenade

After I get home I will be making the Telgar Weyr Territory (Holds within it), and the Benden Weyr Territory. THen we will finish up with Igen/Ista Weyr Territory(They have an alliance, to save the brain ache I was getting.

As a side note, we are NOT including Southern Continent or Eastern Island Chain or Western Island Chain. We decided to do this because we do not conceivably have a large enough game for that much detail yet. If someone wants to make a Rider/Handler/Crafter/Holdperson from that area please consult with Chrystal, and I, first.

After I have finished that I will add the details needed to make Hold characters. Also include a detail about the rank of Drudge. As a note, because of how this game runs - most of the Drudges are Criminals that are serving time. This is how Pern now deals with Thieves, and Rapists. Things like that. Murderers are not allowed to live, if their crime was proven. These individuals are dropped Between with no ceremony and left there. Which means they are killed for their crimes.

There will be Dragons up sometime in the next week, and rules on creating characters for those things. Once again, I will state - No one with a Mental Crippling Illness will Impress a dragon. Period. There are no Drudges in teh Weyrs, they will not abide Criminals in their Midst. Further than that, Drudges are NEVER brought out when dragon searches are done at Holds or Halls. This mean Drudges are inelligable for being Searched, and inelligable for Candidacy.

lordgriffin

Ok I will be joining...after speaking with Sweet...I will try to be worthy :)

SweetSerenade

I will start working on Weyrs (Only playable Weyr is Igen at this moment), as well as the Dragon Details (For our Game, including what dragons impress to, what their size ranges are, what they can do, what is the usual clutch size of queens, and also how many playable pairs their are for each color. I will also list NPCs such as the Weyrling Master, and Candidate Master. You can apply as Assitants to both of those, so you can learn how we will be running Candidacy and Weyrlinghood - in our game.)

As a note, people need to know that not everyone will impress at a hatching. If none of the hatchlings match the candidates, those candidates will have to wait. I personally craft hatchlings to meet the clutch standards (usually I pick a theme and go from there). The name of the Hatchling, it's Personality and Appearance will all be decided.  You will find out what you get at the hatching.

Note impression will be based on Gender(Cis and Trans), and Sexuality. The Queen Egg from this clutch is automatically NPCd. In a few weeks, after I have time to watch everyones game play, the Queen and her rider will be Adoptable (basic details only on the rider, and full details on dragon) - but it will not be first come first serve. The person that writes the best profile, and fits what is needed, will get the job.

Caela

SweetSerenade

:D I am excited to see what ends up happening. I mean what sorts of charactesr we will be getting.

Caela

Me too! I've already got a few fragments of ideas floating about the back of my brain and sort of morphing in and out of things as you add more information to the wiki. Will have to see what ends up winning when you make the character templates lol.

Verasaille

So glad to see another male!! I love all you ladies, but I like to see the guys in here too!

SweetSerenade

So dragons and the info for Weyrs should be done and up near the holidays. Then the sheets will be up for use... XD

I will probably give people about a week after that to turn in profiles before we get the game going.

Chrystal

Holder information is now on the Wiki.

Welcome, Griffin.