Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Pumpkin Seeds

Code-Name: Morfina
Ethnicity: Columbian
Sex:  Female
Relationship Status: Engaged
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: Nurse
Appearance:

Hair: Deep brown
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: Bronze
Weight: 127lbs
Height: 5’6
Other: A tattoo along the small of her back that reads “Dulcius ex Asperis”     
Date Of Birth: December 14th, 1984
Place Of Birth: Bogota, Distrito Capital, Columbia
Citizenship: United States of America

Information:

Personality:
Kesara has never been one to wear the burdens of the past.  Her failures lay the road for future success as she likes to tell herself and others.  Though somewhere in her heart she knows that the darkness she spread to others still lingers.  Afraid that somewhere she really did enjoy the pain she caused and could still cause.  That darkness is left to find its own course though, as she intends to live her life to the fullest moment.  A smile on her lips, a quick remark in her breath and a nature that defies the troubles around her.  Calm and collected, she bears her passion with the same touch as her compassionate nature.  Ferocity mixed with feminine charm, a deep heart twined with a fiery soul is where she might be found.

Kesara would never want anyone to be bored around her afterall.

Background:

Kesara knew who her father was despite her mother’s protests.  She knew that the man in the photograph, buried beneath the ink stained papers and kept unframed was the one who had given her life.  Felt the look in her mother’s eyes every time she smiled at her or turned her face in such a fashion.  Kesara knew that the man who came to visit her mother at their lavish apartment was not the man he claimed, or at least the man her mother claimed him to be.  Doubt was in his eyes whenever he leaned down to kiss her forehead or presented her with a toy.  For many years Kesara never understood her mother’s reluctance in speaking the truth.  Did not understand why her true father’s picture could only be brought out in the darkest of nights.  Many years would pass before the young girl from Columbia would understand why that picture was greeted only with tears.

The sooner revelation was what her mother did in order to keep their apartment so wonderfully decorated and keep Kesara in such a prestigious school.  All things were hers to desire and request.  A driver and bodyguard at the waiting as she grew to womanhood.  Toys, dresses, attention and peace from the ravishments around her rested in her bedroom closest like trinkets.  Never to want for anything, she grew up in a gilded cage beside her mother.  Pretty song birds of a feather, Kesara grew up in the image of her mother who had charmed wealthy men throughout the country.  Her education second to none, she quickly became popular with the young gentlemen of the upper class.

Unfortunately, her mother’s duties and position came with her.  Kesara did not mind as she first gained their attention.  The men would give her gifts and affection just as she was used to holding from her father and mother.  Their intentions were no mystery to her, innocence proving no veil for their acts.  Subtle touches, urges for secret kisses and promises of companionship.  All were taken, used and rebuffed at her leisure.  Despite her games the men still game and in fact continued to stay even after the games were finished.  Many times her mother’s suitor would have to intervene as the men would come to her home, pleading for her favor.  The near fervor that she caused in these suitors began to raise many eyebrows.  Kesara thought her actions only a game, but suddenly there were serious consequences. 

Kesara can look back now to recognize the effects of her power.  That savory drug bleeding from her skin into the body of another caused the addiction each suffered.  Every kiss in shadowed corners, hands held beneath tables and experimental caresses at a friend’s party all deepened the craving they suffered.  Only when the same actions appeared in her step father and mother did Kesara begin to wonder at what happened.  Each began wanting to be near her all the time, finding excuses to touch or give her small kisses.  That was when the realization struck her.  Though she did not understand exactly what caused the effect at first, she knew the implications.  Dizzy with the subtle power of manipulation, Kesara began to toy with those gathered around her in a new found way.  The world lay at her feet now and with eyes wide open she could only smile at the possibilities.

Womanhood came and went while she played her games.  Teased and toyed the properties of her talents so that others gave her as she wanted.  Kesara remained untouchable then, at the pinnacle of her sin while gathering the gifts of all her admirers.  Dreams do not last forever and nightmares often mask themselves as dreams to start.  One morning she awoke to find her mother abed.  The woman she had known so vibrant and full of life lay like a husk on her bed sheets.  Kesara had loved her mother, more than anything else in this world.  Had used her power to draw her mother closer, to relieve from her the need to lay with a man she could not stand.  In so doing she had also killed the woman that had given her life.  In an effort to repay that kindness, Kesara had given her the coldness of addiction.  The final act she would perform was to lay her hands upon her mother to end that suffering.

Kesara has not used her powers of addiction since that day.

Mother:

Name: Carolina Salazar
Race: human

Other Relatives:

Powers:

Major: Tactile Opiod Excretion

Kesara is able to excrete a substance through skin-to-skin contact that acts as a potent opiod.  The substance is slow acting so that the effects are not immediately noticeable nor do they wear off slowly.  A touch or even a small kiss is enough to deliver the equivalent of a single dose of morphine.  More body contact or a larger surface area of contact may deliver a larger dose.  Heightened emotions can make the substance more potent.  Kesara, to her knowledge, has never released a lethal dose to a healthy human.  This substance is extremely addictive.  Those afflicted with the addiction have a desire to touch Kesara in order to draw the drug from her.  Kesara is able to control the excretion of this drug.  Currently all attempts to harvest the drug from her body have failed.

Minor: Heightened Metabolism

Due to her body’s adaptation to the drug floating in her system and under constant production, she is able to dispose of most toxins.  While this is problematic in certain situations, she is readily able to prevent the long term effects of most substances.

Minor: High Pain Threshold

Some studies have shown that an alteration in Kesara’s opiod receptors exists inside her body.  This has lead to a theoretical shift in her pain threshold.  To date this has not been tested at length.

Power Limitations:

Major: The addiction to the drug is very powerful and lasting.  The slow release ensures that only an extended episode of detoxification can resolve the problem.  Given in large enough doses or over enough time the detoxification process can be lethal.  Kesara has no control over the lengths to which people will go in order to satisfy their craving.  While she has used the addiction to bend people to her will, this is a far cry from control over the person.  Powerful negotiation and maneuvering must be performed to manage the addicts.

Minor: The metabolism takes time and so is not a ready immunity.  She will simply recover faster and be protected from long term effects.  Fast acting agents still work just as well on her.

Minor: The pain threshold is theoretical and untested.  Also if the continued alterations in her receptors continues this could leave to various psychological and neurological disorders. 

Hobbies and Interests: She is a devout student of the nursing arts, spending much of her time conducting research to help mutants.  Kesara currently holds a Masters degree in Nursing along with a Family Nurse Practioner’s license.  She is a published researcher in various nursing journals and medical journals for her findings with mutant healthcare. 

Otherwise Kesara enjoys reading both modern and classical works, laying out on the beach, dancing, music, shopping and being with her most treasured loved ones. 

Pumpkin Seeds

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Adonis

Possibly ;)

I just have to work on the dialect so I can do him proper justice.
O/O's

Pumpkin Seeds

Ha..good luck with that.  I work with a man who actually speaks similar to the way I would imagine Gambit speaking.  That sort of subtle touch that makes it romantic and not obnoxious.

Adonis

O/O's

lorcan

Excellent now that my idea has been  i will now been cleared i will post my sheet as soon as i can. So i can get in on the awesomeness.

Secretwriter

Approved, Adonis.

With Adonis's approval, you can move her to the bio sheet.

okay, Lorcan.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Adonis

O/O's

Writersblockade

Really though, Gambit is a hard man to RP. I give you credit for not only trying, but making an honest attempt at the accent. First Season of True Blood. I forget his name, but he had a wonderful Cajun accent.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Adonis

O/O's

Secretwriter

Quote from: Writersblockade on December 06, 2010, 06:46:37 PM
Really though, Gambit is a hard man to RP. I give you credit for not only trying, but making an honest attempt at the accent. First Season of True Blood. I forget his name, but he had a wonderful Cajun accent.

Rene. :P  *drools*

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Writersblockade

There we go, Secret! Good girl! I thought I was going to have to go through the time it takes to post this to find out who that guy was.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Adonis

O/O's

Love And Submission

Wait...Do people have one major power and two minor or could they just have one major power?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Secretwriter

Depends on how major the power is, most of the canons had more than one power, many were just related.

Love And Submission

It's a pretty major power...Anyways if I'm a shapeshifter do I need to give a starting weight or should I just say it changes based on my form?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Secretwriter

Changes based on form. I think that we already have a shapeshifter, though. We're not really letting more than one person have the same form.  If Lady Lunarius says it's okay, as she's the one with that power already with Tian, then we would allow it, but it's always up to the person who has already claimed it, because I'd be mad if someone came into a game where I was a member of and was allowed to do the same thing that I was already doing.  We don't wanna be tyrants and say "No similar powers allowed at all." But at the same time, we don't want to cause our existing members frustration and strife either.  It's an effort to make everyone happy and take their feelings into consideration.

Writersblockade

That and it gives a good mix of powers...of course, nobody wants to be the kid whose power is that he doesn't sleep lol.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

fallensaviour

i had an idea for a character i used to play on city of heroes that didnt get enough rp... but not sure how well he'd fit into this game, his only "power" would be that he constantly emits radiation  (which flares depending on mood) (which caused the death of his family and his subsequent being kept in some sort of university/other kind of science lab for years) so he would constantly need an ironmanish power suit to interact with people, other than that he's an average (if exceedingly depressed and lonely) teen/young adult decently booksmart (not superhuman levels)

i would apreciate any kind of assistance in potentially turning this into a workable character...if at all possible...if not then thats ok too :D

Secretwriter

Well. Wow. ha! Radiation is one of those hugely deadly things and if he's dangerous, and can't really be out of the suit... in a highly sexual game, he might need tweaked a good deal or perhaps you'd be interested in making another character?  I don't really wanna say no but that would be considered a death touch and those aren't allowed. 

It's like playing Rogue, he's not able to be physical...

fallensaviour

depends on the power sets of others...you know...what with people like havock and bishop around...but i do see the problem hmm

Secretwriter

We're gearing our powers to be growing and unstable, as most are students.  Even strong players and canons are at a level where they're not fully developed.