News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 10, 2011, 06:16:51 AM
That's like most of the players, how do you get matches and games???

I play solo and queue random then /ignore all

Shjade

But if you just ignore all at the start of the game...you might have ignored me and never even known it. D:
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on November 10, 2011, 09:37:23 PM
But if you just ignore all at the start of the game...you might have ignored me and never even known it. D:

Perhaps, but then again, I don't know you on LoL.

Blank

Excellent.  Warm bodies to fill my ranked team.  Other LoL players!

I generally don't like doing Ignore All.  Even the jerks might have something useful to suggest every now and then.  Though salvaging a team after break down of cooperation usually fails.

Anyone interested in making a ranked team?

Predatory Fantasia

I have been playing LoL like crazy.  Picked up a new champ - really digging her.  I would join your ranked team, but I suck...

Blank

What champ?

Doesn't matter, we can make a ranked team without them affecting other teams.

Shjade

No interest in ranked. I'm mildly curious as to where I'd score on the rankings, but not interested in playing competitively to find out. (Optimistic estimation: 1400-1450, given my normal estimated score is ~1525 and most of my usual picks aren't popular picks/bans).

Still deciding what I think of the new masteries. Having the +5% experience gain mastery pushed so far down the support tree really messes with jungling builds in particular. My new Ryze masteries make him even tankier though, which is kinda nice (in theory, haven't tried playing Ryze since season 2 started), and Teemo gets 10% armor and magic pen along with his semi-tanky build, which could be very nifty.

I just dunno what to think of it yet. Could be good, could be troubling.
◕/◕'s

Predatory Fantasia

My new Champ is Leona.  I'll see if you're online and maybe we can pound out a quick game before i call it a night.

Blank

Not a ranked fan?  It's no different from normal really except for picks and bans.  But to each their own.  =)

Don't worry about the exp mastery.  They modified exp from neutral creeps so that it gives roughly the same exp for junglers.  You can probably go all defensive tree and rock the jungle.  Who's your favorite jungle?

Leona is an ok champ.  Stuns galore.  But she's hard to do, apparently you aren't supposed to perma stun someone, but instead deal out the stuns over time.  Sadly I won't be able to play for a while.  I'll see if you are still around but... moderately busy tonight.  Maybe I'll get a chance to play as Karma who I bought recently.  She's pretty fun.

Hehe, what should our team name be?  Fuzzy Handcuffs?

Shjade

Quote from: Blank on November 24, 2011, 11:21:51 PM
Don't worry about the exp mastery.  They modified exp from neutral creeps so that it gives roughly the same exp for junglers.  You can probably go all defensive tree and rock the jungle.  Who's your favorite jungle?
Oho, did they really now? Weeeeell then, that changes things quite a bit. I've tried a few, but the only junglers I've had any success with are Fiddlesticks and Gangplank, and I've been using the latter more frequently in that role. The additional attack speed and armor pen in the offense tree helps, too.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

I've never played ranked but i'd be willing to try if it's with good people who aren't jerks.

I've been playing Graves recently.  I like him though I'm having to find a way to deal with his squishiness.

Blank

Quote from: Ryven on November 25, 2011, 09:08:17 AM
I've never played ranked but i'd be willing to try if it's with good people who aren't jerks.

I've been playing Graves recently.  I like him though I'm having to find a way to deal with his squishiness.
Quite honestly, I care more about if people are chill people rather than if they are bad or not.  <<;  A Vlad ruined a ranked game for me because he just was such a sore loser.  I should have quit for the day then because I had no fun the games after.

Graves is pretty buff.  He's one of the better ranged dps at the moment.

Quote from: Shjade on November 25, 2011, 03:50:49 AM
Oho, did they really now? Weeeeell then, that changes things quite a bit. I've tried a few, but the only junglers I've had any success with are Fiddlesticks and Gangplank, and I've been using the latter more frequently in that role. The additional attack speed and armor pen in the offense tree helps, too.
Yes.  =)  If you check out the like the one of the last two patches, you'll find at the bottom or top they say they modified the jungle exp.

Fiddle is one I could never do.  It requires good ults in but I can never do it. =S  I am a fan of GP though.  He's my main jungle.

PaleEnchantress

I Play LoL a lot and i'd love to play with some of you. I play support and AP characters (I really cant do ad or tank). I believe this section is public so I can't post my user ID here (message me for it). My mains in order are

AP:
Cassiopeia
Vladimir
Karthus
Orianna
Morgana

Support:
Sona
Nidalee
Morgana

My friends joke that Cassiopeia is me put into LoL, we even have a similar voice.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Blank

I usually roll support or jungle.

On my support team:
Sona
Janna
Soraka
Taric

Jungle:
Gangplank

AD Carry:
Caitlin
Gangplank

AP Carry:
Annie

Support Nid?  Hmm, suppose it could work.  Do you focus on harass then?

PaleEnchantress

Caitlin is great to have on a team. Nice to see someone else who plays support since while I do enjoy it I hate being pushed into it all the time. In most randoms I have to be support or we don't have one. Then again there are idiots who think that because Taric has a shield in his graphics that he is a tank. Then they try to force me to open (despite my main build for Taric being what I call "Beauty Queen Taric" and all aura focused) and I get squashed and they they get picked off one by one, annoying.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Blank

She is pretty good, but I'm still garbage at her.  I need to learn how to CS better really.

Support is a fairly important role, fortunately it lacks the skill required to last hit, but it requires a bit of savvy about zoning and map awareness.  Also when it is good times to harass.  =S Sometimes I do well, sometimes not so great.  It is easy to dominate with Taric.  People fear that stun, if they don't they regret it quickly.

*Grumbles* I wish they would stop changing the gameplay.  They are going to be nerfing minion damage to champs, providing buffs for each of the minion camps, reducing difficulty of camps, and decreasing respawn times of camps.  So once again tanky DPS and junglers get a buff.

Shjade

I hadn't played in a couple weeks, so I missed a few patches, Blank. ;p

Fiddlesticks I actually really enjoy using as a jungler for LOLSURPRISECAWCAW. The issue I have with him is he's incredibly easy to counter-jungle with almost any other jungler - he's extremely delicate until at least around level 7 or so. Makes me nervous using him in the jungle, particularly since I tend to play solo queue where you will almost never have protection from your team in the early jungle. He feels like a liability. :| Gangplank can at least run away from things.

My favored champions:

AP:
Ryze
Anivia
Fiddlesticks
Mordekaiser
Vladimir (though I don't use him in PvP often - doesn't feel effective enough compared to other choices)

AD:
Ashe
Teemo (though I build him more AS/AP Tanky Hybrid - Malady, Wit's End, Bloodrazor, Frozen Mallet, etc.)
Corki

Jungle:
Gangplank
Fiddlesticks

Tank:
Singed

Support:
Soraka

I don't really tank/support much, though. Never feels like I'm contributing much to the team, particularly when we're losing all the teamfights and I'm the only one not dying but can't do anything about it because I can't kill anyone who's left after the fight. :| ...well, not as support, anyway. Singed can run people to death if I've had opportunity to farm him up enough, but he's squishier than most people think before he gets his farm.

Reducing minion damage actually helps out squishies more than tanky dps. Tanky dps are the ones that can dive through minions and towers and ignore the damage already. Squishies are the ones that have to be careful with their harass so minions don't kill them. ;p
◕/◕'s

Blank

:-[  Oh!  Sorry.

You can get away somewhat as Fiddle.  He's got fear at least.  You can kinda 1v1 people in the jungle if they come for you.  Put fear on them and drain.  Your drain should be pretty good so you might be able to beat them.

Tanking is a... generally unrewarding job.  Because you dying may not be such a bad thing if you are able to set up the rest of your team to destroy the other team.  Support is easy because you hang back and if your team dies, you run way.  If not, then you run in to disable champs.

Shjade

Quote from: Blank on November 25, 2011, 04:43:56 PM
You can get away somewhat as Fiddle.  He's got fear at least.  You can kinda 1v1 people in the jungle if they come for you.  Put fear on them and drain.  Your drain should be pretty good so you might be able to beat them.
You don't take fear until level 4, usually - level 2 if you want to try a really early gank, but it slows down your jungling - and drain doesn't do significant damage until level 5 at the earliest compared to counter-junglers' ability to hurt you. Later on Fiddles is great at protecting himself against solo gank attempts, but those early levels he's fragile.

Edit: just tried Ryze with the new masteries for the first time (12/15/3, I believe). Might be just my imagination, but it feels like he's a bit better than before. Extra inherent cooldown from masteries + extra mana from the support tree + small flat damage boost + tanky masteries for lots of extra early health, mmmmmmm TankyRyze so tanky <3
◕/◕'s

Blank

Quote from: Shjade on November 25, 2011, 05:11:20 PM
You don't take fear until level 4, usually - level 2 if you want to try a really early gank, but it slows down your jungling - and drain doesn't do significant damage until level 5 at the earliest compared to counter-junglers' ability to hurt you. Later on Fiddles is great at protecting himself against solo gank attempts, but those early levels he's fragile.
XD This is how much I know about fiddle.  All I know is that if he is standing in one place there looking like he wants a hug, then I had better stun him or run away.

So how do you level your skills on him?  Priority on drain and silence?

Shjade

Priority for skills: Crowstorm, drain, fear, silence, but silence before fear for first point. So generally this:

Drain Silence Drain Fear Drain Crowstorm Drain Fear Drain Fear Crowstorm Fear Fear Silence Silence Crowstorm Silence Silence. Or something like that. I forget which levels you can skill up your ultimate.

You want the bird before fear unless you're going for an early gank because fear won't help you against jungle mobs, whereas bouncing a bird between them tacks on a fair amount of damage, but you do want to level fear up before the silence bird for stronger ganks, and drain is prioritized because it's what lets you tank all the monsters you want once it's up to tier 5.

That's for jungle Fiddles though. If you want to middle with the Fiddle, you generally skill up silence first (great harass, and his only AE skill to help push a wave if you need to push away from your turret unless you plan to blow your ult on minions), then drain, then fear (which you use more defensively than offensively while laning).
◕/◕'s

Ryven

I play several characters:

Tank:
Vlad
Maokai (when available)
Nunu

Ranged:
Graves (AD)
Lux (AP)
Ashe (AD)
Teemo
Annie (AP)
Fiddlesticks (AP)

Melee:
Poppy (AP/AD)
Shaco
Evelynn

Support:
Lux
Sona
Janna

Graves and Lux are my two favorites at the moment.

Shjade

...but...but Vlad isn't a tank... >.>
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on November 25, 2011, 09:14:30 PM
...but...but Vlad isn't a tank... >.>

The way I played him, he was. >_>

Hello 4k hp.  Add some armor and MR, and I was godly.

Predatory Fantasia

I feel the same way about Morgana.  She's no tank, but give her the Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, and Zhony's Hourglass and you have one hell of a tanky AP caster.