NEBULA HIGH! (Superhero High School! Seeking Teachers!)

Started by LunarSage, February 19, 2012, 07:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senti

Josietta

yes Senti. You can be a Brit. We can work with you. :)  I'm sure Lunar has ideas on how to work that in.

Also.. we also have an OOC thread for those who wish to mosey on over there and chitchat it up. :) Feel free to make relationships with one another, neighbors, family friends, friends from grade school.. anything or nothing.. its up to y'all. :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Capone

Bookmarking so that I may read through later and see if I have a fitting character concept.

LunarSage

Yeppers Senti, you can be from anywhere in the Galaxy!  ;D

Capone, sweet!  Glad to have you if you decide to join.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Miss Lilly

Got room for one more? I haven't worked out a character sheet yet, but I've been formulating one in my head. 

Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Jefepato

I have some ideas, but is this meant to be mainly a lighthearted game (Sky High was pretty lighthearted, even rather silly I guess)?  If you still have room, that is.

Also, do powers include "required secondary powers?"  If my major power is superstrength, does that include super-toughness like every comic seems to assume, or does it make my character a total glass cannon unless he/she has toughness as a minor power?

LunarSage

Quote from: Water Lilly on February 22, 2012, 02:27:58 AM
Got room for one more? I haven't worked out a character sheet yet, but I've been formulating one in my head. 

Of course, Lily!  I'd love to see what you've come up with.  :-)

Quote from: Jefepato on February 22, 2012, 04:53:11 AM
I have some ideas, but is this meant to be mainly a lighthearted game (Sky High was pretty lighthearted, even rather silly I guess)?  If you still have room, that is.

Yes, it's going to be pretty lighthearted.  Very sandboxy.

QuoteAlso, do powers include "required secondary powers?"  If my major power is superstrength, does that include super-toughness like every comic seems to assume, or does it make my character a total glass cannon unless he/she has toughness as a minor power?

A certain amount of toughness comes with the power of Superstrength (just to support your enhanced musculature), but if you actually want to be bulletproof, you'd need to take it as a separate power.  The degree of toughness and the degree of super strength also depends on whether you take Toughness or Superstrength as your major or minor power.  If you take Strength as your major and Toughness as your minor you'll be bulletproof but not as tough as you are strong... and if you take Toughness as your major and Strength as your minor, you'll be tougher than you are strong.

Miss Lilly

Okay, Lunar....that post made me feel waaaay out of my element!  *laughs*
Visit Lola's!

LunarSage

*smiles to Lily*

If you need help I'd be happy to assist... but if you keep things simple it will probably be painless.  :-)

Capone

Alrighty, gave a look through. Never saw Sky High (and have no interest in doing so, no offense) but have a general idea on the tone.

Which is unfortunate as my first thought was a troubled youth whose path could lead towards villainy or at the very least an antihero. The AirStrike character I created (brief origin story linked in my sign) would be a similar,  though more violent sample of what I am thinking.

If that isn't fitting, then I can think of something else. Maybe an alien that is a bit like Blanka or Dhalsim from Street Fighter.

LunarSage

Troubled is ok... though remember that he would still be a teenager, so his path is not set in stone per say.  :-)

If you would rather do an alien, that works as well.  I'm good either way. 

Josietta

I want to make everyone aware of a very important factor in this game: While you may be superpowered.. you aren't SUPER powered. You are a teenager, you don't have control over your gifts completely. You likely don't have half of them developed. Please keep in mind that you are -TEENAGERS-.  This is high school. The only difference is you are gifted with powers that you can use for good or evil later in life. Right now, you are neutral. You are learning. 

Secondly.. This is not going to be a game with a butt ton of combat. -IF- there is combat it will be in a controlled training environment. You will not be off galavanting the world combating evil (or joining it).

Please don't anyone feel overwhelmed with choosing powers or what not. In the end they are flavor. If you choose to be a combatant in a training room with others then that is fine. But don't feel you have to one up the next guy. 

This game is meant to be mostly social.  Which is what Sandbox is.  You play with others, off others, and around others. Its all about making friends, enemies, drama, romance, and maybe a little action :P

There will be parts in this game that are sexual. There will be seperate threads for that. IF at anytime you feel you and your partner need a space for rent, let us know. No matter if its day one, week one or the first hour of meeting. Just let us know. Its about having fun and letting your hair down so to speak.

So no getting stressed out is allowed :P

As always my PM box is open as is Lunars. Now.. we're gonna wait until Friday to get a few more sheets then we'll pop up an IC thread for y'all to get started in.  You don't need to feel pressured to push your sheet forward.. just take your time. There is no deadline on sheets. If you have expressed interest you are noted as such. However we will be cutting off applications once we reach about 10 people. I think we have 2 approved female sheets thus far. If we reach too many of one gender/sexual orientation over the other then we will cut off one side (IE more heterosexual men vs women)  and allow a few more of the other to filter in.

Lunar will be posting up who we have with us so far.

EDIT: Most of that applies to the students. Ignore if you are playing a teacher.

Also to note:  Teachers and students are strictly prohibited from sexual encounters together. This does not mean that teachers can't get busy with other teachers.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

*Agrees with everything Josi just said*

Though the ten player cap is on students.  I'm willing to go a bit above that cap to have more teachers as PCs.

So far the players who have turned in sheets are: 

Elf
Angel Fire
Dark Deception
Laughing Hyena
Curvy Kitten

Rayve13

I'm getting mine together. Student for now, I'll add the Vice Principal character if there's time/need/the role isn't filled already.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

LunarSage

Kokaine you are approved!  ;D

Ok, so far we have approved...

Elf
Angel Fire
Dark Deception
Curvy Kitten
Kokaine
Senti
Rayve13

...with Laughing Hyena and Capone pending (still working on their sheets).

That's 4 guys and 4 girls as far as characters go.  So far we're pretty even.  We could still use a few more characters.  Muse, Jefepato, Photo and Water Lily had expressed interest... we're just waiting on sheets at this point.  We're going to hold off on accepting any more at this point.  If any who were interested before decide they want to withdraw their interest for some reason, we'll open up recruitment again. 

Note that we still need PC teachers... so if anyone wants to play a staff member, those roles are still open.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Capone

Miss Lilly

Quote from: LunarSage on February 22, 2012, 07:03:29 AM
*smiles to Lily*

If you need help I'd be happy to assist... but if you keep things simple it will probably be painless.  :-)

Simple is good...so is painless!

I was going to go read tarot this morning, but I'm going to put together a character sheet instead.  Be nice!  It'll essentially be the first time I've done one!  *chews her nails nervously*

Wish me luck!
Visit Lola's!

Miss Lilly

Oh...and I wouldn't mind playing the Guidance Councillor, either...so if my student character sheet sucks, pencil me in for that position!  ::)
Visit Lola's!

Timeless

I'm just going to place my interest here, and I would be making a character sheet to apply as a teacher, and also a student if possible. I'll have the character sheet sent in a while.

LunarSage

Water Lily:  Your student is approved.  If you'd like to make the Guidance Councilor as well, have at it!  ;D

Timeless:  Glad to have you, as both a student and a teacher.  Which teacher position were you interested in playing?  :-)

Timeless

I'm actually thinking to apply for student guidance counselor. Having her power as telepathy and empathy would do good in that kind of position, I feel. But for now, I am mainly going for a teacher but if that role is filled, then I'll proceed to making a student.

LunarSage

Alright, you can make a student for now if you wish and when Lily gets on she can let us know if she still wants to make the Councilor (since she did ask first).  If she doesn't, you're free to take that role.  :-)