Disgaea : Persephone Prison (Request Thread) [Anime|Monster|Demon]

Started by MelodyCake, May 01, 2018, 09:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyCake

★ Disgaea : Persephone Prison ★

Once upon a time in a Netherworld far far away, the Corrupternment was formed to save the mindless masses from themselves. Ruled by an almighty tyrant, the government mercilessly imposed an onslaught of new laws in swift succession. And despite the valiant efforts of many monstrous creatures and demonic denizens, the inhabitants had no choice but to succumb to the Corrupternment’s new rules. Everything the Netherworld’s President wished for was quickly passed as the law of the land. But even then, there was no demon, nor monster, not even an angel that could have foreseen what the newest piece of legislation would unveil.

Out of nowhere and without warning, the Sexual Deviance Law was passed. A outrageously barbaric law which forbade all citizens from engaging in any form of sexual deviancy; whether it be holding hands in public, accidentally looking up a girl’s skirt, owning an outdated copy of PlayDemon magazine, even those who were suspected of masturbating in the safety of their own bedrooms were jailed without exception. But even then there was no one, or at least no one who dared to speak up and go against the Netherworld Presidents rule. And thus, a new age had dawned upon the Netherworld; an Era which would quickly come to be know by it’s most defining feature... The Erotic Purge.

That is where the story takes us. A world where there’s been a massive increase in the Netherworld’s prisons. Demons and Monsters alike being sent off in masses at a time. Not even the most seasoned veterans of the Netherworld Police Force could recall a time when they were so busy. And if that wasn’t bad enough a separate law was introduced which prohibited them from accepting bribes! But fear not, the Heroes... or in this case the demons and monster of our story have been given a chance to shorten the indefinite convictions.

Persephone Prison

Persephone Prison is an enormous floating construct which forebodingly floats high in the sky beside the netherworld’s ever-present crimson moon. The majestic castle is isolated from the rest of the netherworld both physically and magically, and proudly boasts it’s capability as a impenetrable stronghold capable of trapping even the strongest of Demon Lords within it’s stony halls. In fact Persephone Prison is infamously known throughout the entire netherworld as the final destination for the most irredeemable of miscreants. An inescapable fort which serves as both a home and coffin for those who have been deemed damned beyond redemption.

Instead of time, the prisoners at Persephone Prison are forced to pay off a debt; which is based of the crimes they have committed in the Netherworld. In order to leave the floating fortress alive, Prisoners must pay the entirety of their assigned debt off. A feat which can either be completed by completing the mandatory work of manufacturing Prinny Hides for a set wage of 2HL per hide. Or partaking and wrestling away victory in the numerous game events hosted by the Prison’s unpredictable Warden.

Hello everyone! Here's my interest check, of an idea I've been wanting to try out for a while. Some of you may or may not know the Disgaea world, and whilst this roleplay is both heavily inspired and heavily based of the Disgaea world itself, this roleplay will still have a bit of my own touches here and there. I'm looking for a more light hearthed comedy and fun atmosphere, as well as crazy and eccentric characters one could imagine fitting right into one of the Disgaea games.

So I thought I'd write up the idea I had, and see if there are other people perhaps interested in joining. I'm hoping for at least 5-6 people who like being active in the OOC, cause it's always fun to have silly ooc banter regarding characters and currently running interactions. As well, I have learned, that if the ooc is active, people are less shy in expressing themselves on what they are looking for, or asking for a possible interaction. Would also be willing to create a Discord group if there's an overwhelming majority that would prefer that over an OOC thread.

If you have any questions, or just interested let me know ~

MelodyCake

Character Levels: Hardened Criminals
In Disgaea: Persephone Prison there will be two primary stats which need to be taken into consideration. The first of which is your characters level. Your characters level is indicative of your characters overall strength. Meaning a Level 5 Cleric is stronger than a Level 4 Warrior regardless of the skills and spells available to them. Your character’s level will be recorded and constantly updated by the GM.
Leveling

Earning Levels:
All Prisoners will start at level one regardless of their level prior to imprisonment (Level Drained).
At the end of each OoC week, all players will be allocated 5 points.
These points can be distributed amongst the cast of characters to increase their levels.
Each point spent corresponds to 1 Character Level.
You can split the points up however you want, but you can not allocate any points to your own characters.
Combat & Challenges

Combat & Challenges:
The result of combat & challenges will be determined by the level of character/s involved.
Your characters strength will be based on the simple formula of Level + Bonus
Your bonus will fluctuate based on a random number generated by the GM.
Meaning your characters power could be Lv3+45= 48 one day, and Lv3+5= 8 the next.
The bonus power will be re-rolled and change randomly 2~3 a week.
For combat, the character with the higher number is successful
For challenges, the character overcomes the challenge if the number is higher than a GM specified amount.
Earning HL

Earning HL:
The second stat recorded in this game is the amount of HL your character has earned.
All characters are required to pay their debt of 1,000,000 HL off in order to regain their freedom.
HL can be obtained in small amounts as part of Prison Labor (0~100HL each OoC week [Saturday])
HL in larger amounts can be obtained by participating in IC (and sometimes OoC) events.
HL can be traded between characters willingly or otherwise (Notify GM when this happens).
Once a certain amount of Debt has been paid off, Prisoners are ranked up and may be entitled to certain privileges.

Rank1 Good-for-Nothing Prisoner: (0~1000 HL Paid)
Rank2 Incompetent Prisoner: (1000~5000 HL Paid)
Rank3 Average Prisoner: (5000~25,000 HL Paid)
Rank4 Skilled Prisoner: (25,000~100,000 HL Paid)
Rank5 Distinguished Prisoner: (100,000~500,000 HL Paid)
Rank6 Genius Prisoner: (500,000~1,000,000 HL Paid)
RankX Freed Prisoner: (1,000,000 HL Paid)

[float=left][img height=300]Image Link Here[/img][/float]
[b]Name[/b]: 
[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Demon Type:[/b] (Demon Class)
[b]Age:[/b] // Age x 10 = Demon Years
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Strength:[/b] // Pick One ~ ATK/INT/HIT/SPD/DEF/RES
[b]Weakness:[/b] // Pick One ~ ATK/INT/HIT/SPD/DEF/RES

[b]Life Before Imprisonment:[/b]
// What was your character doing with their life before they were imprisoned? Did they live in densely populated cities, wild forests, or barren wastelands? Are there any important figures that deserve to be taken note of? 

[b]Notable Achievements:[/b]
// What would your character boast about if they were completely drunk? What epic achievement or adventure would they share with their peers to earn respect or understanding?

[b]Imprisoned For:[/b]
// What crime did your character commit? Were they imprisoned for being in breach of the Sexual Deviance Law (SDL), for being an incompetent demon, or something else that would get them in trouble with the Corrupternment?

Example Character Sheet
Name:  Ari
Player: MelodyCake
Demon Type: Werewolf
Height: 5'5" (165cm)
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color:  Gold
Strength:SPD
Weakness: INT

Life Before Imprisonment:
     The wolf's life wasn't an overly exciting one. Spending most of his life living off the land in a wild forest without actively socializing with any other monsters or demons. Leading to a feral personality, Ari isn't necessarily known for swooning people with charm and class at first interactions, nor is he known for entering a scene with elegance. No, the short gray eared werewolf behaves more animal then a sophisticated demon. Demanding or taking things instead of asking, Ari believes if he is strong enough to make it his own, either by grip or scent, it's his. That was the law of the wild forest he had spend his entire life in.

Notable Achievements:
     There are only a few things the werewolf would boast about whilst drunk, though the first thing he'd most likely start with, would be boasting about how he had once swallowed an entire sun in just one large bite! The statement being true or false, is another issue. With a rumored black hole for a stomach, Ari will never say no to offered food of pretty much any kind, and even actively goes out of his way to search for a possible next meal. Though nothing beats the thrill off the hunt.

Imprisoned For:
     One day, the wolf eared young demon woke up one day to a scent he was unfamiliar with, and before he knew it, curiosity got the better of him and  found himself sniffing his way towards the source of the smell. Stumbling into an orgy that a demon lord had tried his best to put together in secret, so not to be caught by the Netherworld police. Though, within seconds after the wolf got there, a Netherworld police force swarmed in, arresting everyone and charging them for sexual deviance, and the poor wolf got dragged along with them despite his attempts to claim his innocence.

OyabunKobold

I cant say much atm but I shall place my interest here for joining the grand etna empire *coughs* I mean disgaea Is it going to be freeform or system?

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Laughing Hyena

MelodyCake

Hello there Oyabun
In regards to your question, it will mostly be freeform, but there will be one stat(lv), and a probability diceroll :)

Hello Laughing Hyena!
I'm guessing that means you are interested? :P

Kokaine

Possibly interested. Been looking for something light hearted.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

MelodyCake

Hello there Kokaine, glad to hear you are possibly interested :)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: MelodyCake on May 01, 2018, 10:21:28 AM
Hello there Oyabun
In regards to your question, it will mostly be freeform, but there will be one stat(lv), and a probability diceroll :)

Hello Laughing Hyena!
I'm guessing that means you are interested? :P

Yes. For the glory of Sardines!

pendarious

mark me as interested Dood~!

also....Laughing Hyena it's been a long while...how ya been DOOD!?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: pendarious on May 01, 2018, 02:51:45 PM
mark me as interested Dood~!

also....Laughing Hyena it's been a long while...how ya been DOOD!?

Been enjoying Dad of Boi. (God of War) Also coming to grips with the imminent potential of a house move. Thats all really.

pendarious

fuuuuun (I'm sure God of War is more fun than the thought of having to move). I haven't really been up to too much either.

huh....is the pic used for Persephone Prison Gibli's castle in the sky?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

OyabunKobold

I just wanna be a fire mage that eventually goes through all elements in reincarnation till reaching star prism or galaxy mage >:)

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Avalon29

MelodyCake

You are an excellent Prinny Pendarious, your Prinny instructor would be proud!
Glad to have your interest =3

Quote from: pendarious on May 01, 2018, 03:00:25 PM

huh....is the pic used for Persephone Prison Gibli's castle in the sky?

To answer your question, yes, yes it is :) I found that the image was the best suited for the prison I had in mind for the roleplay.

Hey Avalon! Glad to have you on board :)

Since we have the interest, I'll get into drafting up a character sheet to fill out :)

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on May 01, 2018, 03:04:11 PM
I just wanna be a fire mage that eventually goes through all elements in reincarnation till reaching star prism or galaxy mage >:)

It makes me so happy to hear there will at least be one mage <3

MelodyCake

Alright, I'm not done with drafting up the character sheet just yet, finalizing a few quirks here and there.

But I though that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to see what sort of characters people are wanting to go with.

Oyabun has mentioned playing a mage,  so I thought I'd ask everyone who are interested to answer 3 simple questions =)

What class/type are you wanting to play?
What gender is your character?
Is your character interested in men, women, or either?

pendarious

I'm debating between an obviously female bi-sexual Felynn (the cat girl monsters) or if you'd permit it a traveler from another Netherworld who is a more unique unit (Like Asagi or Priere except less destructive)

MelodyCake

You raised an interesting point there Penda.

For now, I do think the bi sexual Felynn female would be the safer option of the two to start with. Though, I may be open to discussing the idea you have for a demon hunter like character once I start opening to the idea of people playing secondary characters. For now, I want to keep things under control. (Or as much control as a Disgaea world can be xD)

I will be accepting all classes from Disgaea, and I won't be gender locking them like how they are in game.
I'm also accepting any classes from similar Nipponichi games, such as Makai Kingdom, La Pucella, etc.
Original classes can be negotiated pretty easily, especially if it’s similar to an existing main character (eg Valvatorez - Vampire).
If you want an entirely new class then it’s best to PM me first, but please note I’ll be pretty strict with original ideas for the time being.

I'm currently considering a Professor, just haven't decided if I want to go male or female just yet. But in either case, my character will swing both ways.

pendarious

OyabunKobold

Leki

Argh fine... xD
I really shouldn't be doing this, I mean it's barely been a month...
But I suppose I can make an exception if it's Disgaea. xD
One more thing to cross off the bucket list~

In regards to character I'm still pretty undecided.
But I'll let you know as soon as I work something out in my head.

Quote from: pendarious on May 02, 2018, 10:51:33 AM
I'm debating between an obviously female bi-sexual Felynn (the cat girl monsters) or if you'd permit it a traveler from another Netherworld who is a more unique unit (Like Asagi or Priere except less destructive)
Felynn's are awesome~

Not really sure what you were after with the Asagi/Priere thing.
But if you make an attention-seeking female gunner, that kind of covers Asagi? xD
Priere would depend, but a Fight Mistress/Succubi class that's been adapted could work?
If you were more after the Overlord thing, or a "I'm in the wrong world" setup though, no idea :/

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on May 02, 2018, 02:27:06 PM
Fire mage, female, pansexual in that order
Fire is the best element~
Or at least the most fun xD
Planning on making her ditzy? Or is she actually competent as a spellcaster? :P

@MelodyCake
Will Magi-Changing be a thing in this game? Or will that be removed?
Magichange kind of gives me a SoulEater vibe... but I'm not complaining xD

OyabunKobold

She is going to beat first Inexperienced and impulsive transitioning to competent but quite hoteheaded during her fire mage lifetime which will carry on over to her Green and blue mage lifetimes and taper out as she hits Star prism and galaxy mage lifetimes.

Once she hits Star shell be a bit less hotheaded unless you set her off.

Laughing Hyena

Im going with a gunslinger or warrior male heterosexual. Mostly because I was told to pick a class and someone's to be at the front line. But I would actually want to look at a custom character similar to characters like Valvatorez, Mao and Laharl. So I'll be patient in terms of discussing things.

pendarious

Quote from: Leki on May 02, 2018, 10:27:49 PM

In regards to character I'm still pretty undecided.
But I'll let you know as soon as I work something out in my head.
Felynn's are awesome~

Not really sure what you were after with the Asagi/Priere thing.
But if you make an attention-seeking female gunner, that kind of covers Asagi? xD
Priere would depend, but a Fight Mistress/Succubi class that's been adapted could work?
If you were more after the Overlord thing, or a "I'm in the wrong world" setup though, no idea :/

Yes I agree Felynn's are awesome. The Asagi/Priere thing was more like confirming if misplaced Overlords or Demon hunters or just dimension-ally lost people were allowed who weren't part of the typical classes or not the "Overlord to be" of this particular Netherworld.

EDIT/NOTE: in the case of a misplaced Overlord their power would be vastly nerfed due to entering a new netherworld and not having enough Fear energy at their disposal of course so there wouldn't be any Immediate OP shenannigans but I'm just sort of panning out future thoughts......curse my pentient for rambling

Leki

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on May 02, 2018, 10:54:57 PM
She is going to beat first Inexperienced and impulsive transitioning to competent but quite hoteheaded during her fire mage lifetime which will carry on over to her Green and blue mage lifetimes and taper out as she hits Star prism and galaxy mage lifetimes.
Will reincarnation even be a thing though?
I was under the impression that it wouldn't be included since reincarnating to another class would make face-claims messy.
Potentially messing with personality and proficiencies too :/

I'm not even sure if regular demons reincarnate...
I mean they probably do if they're killed in battle, but the idea of a random demon committing suicide and being reborn stronger sounds weird. Overlord class makes sense, perhaps even with the assistance of an overlord. ("Reincarnate you lowly peon!") But otherwise I'm not sure how it'd work.

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 02, 2018, 10:57:52 PM
But I would actually want to look at a custom character similar to characters like Valvatorez, Mao and Laharl. So I'll be patient in terms of discussing things.
Personally don't like Mao and Laharl (yes Laharl too, shoot me xD)
Not really sure how they're similar though since I can't really think of much that Mao and Valvatorez had in common?
Did you mean, a character with more of a distinct class? Cause I think I saw MelodyCake say they were okay with turning main character classes into generic ones. (Eg Valvatorez into a Vampire class).
Think it'd be a worthwhile thing to discuss in any case.

Quote from: pendarious on May 02, 2018, 11:33:21 PM
[snip]confirming if misplaced Overlords or Demon hunters or just dimension-ally lost people were allowed[snip]

EDIT/NOTE: in the case of a misplaced Overlord their power would be vastly nerfed due to entering a new netherworld and not having enough Fear energy at their disposal of course so there wouldn't be any Immediate OP shenannigans but I'm just sort of panning out future thoughts......curse my pentient for rambling

Rambling keeps the thread alive though~ xD
I'm just throwing out random thoughts at this point as well.
I can understand wanting to keep characters from other worlds out of the picture for now.
Actually think it'd be hilarious if a batch of cross-dimension characters moved into the plot later down the track. (Kinda like Sapphire transferring into Disgaea 3).
With that said, the idea of a character who claims to be an Overlord, but isn't believe due to sheer lack of power would be pretty funny to see xD