We Could Be Heroes; A Sexy Superhero RP 2nd Arc Recruitment! MALES NEEDED!

Started by Vergil Tanner, May 10, 2017, 09:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giantmutantcrab

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 01, 2018, 06:43:16 AM
What?

It's not even 8am!

How can it be PM time?

You crazy Americans.

Woah.
Woah woah.

Call me American again, and you're getting kicked out of the game on the spot.

:P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 01, 2018, 07:03:57 AM
Woah.
Woah woah.

Call me American again, and you're getting kicked out of the game on the spot.

:P

Ah, a riddle.

So you measure in imperial systems but are not American.

Hmm... British? Australian? New Zealander? Scot? Welsh? Irish?

Vergil Tanner

Keep guessing all you want, but do it outside of this thread please. This is for Applications Only. :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

PentheWonderful

This is true. You can pester him some more in the other thread, though! :D

Also, congratulations, love! *hugs*
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: PentheWonderful on September 01, 2018, 08:35:00 AM
This is true. You can pester him some more in the other thread, though! :D

Also, congratulations, love! *hugs*

Thank you.

Though I am far from having an actual character. I just got a superpower.

But it's nice to have words of encouragement.

Remec

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 01, 2018, 08:36:23 AM
Thank you.

Though I am far from having an actual character. I just got a superpower.

But it's nice to have words of encouragement.

Yeah, gratz...some of us are still ironing out the whole having a superpower aspect of things. (I have a D&D session to attend this evening, but I'll try to gather what's been discussed about my character into a cohesive post in the morning for better fine tuning.)

Vergil Tanner

Vergil Tanner

We are opening up recruitment for the SECOND ARC! That's right! The first Major Plot Point has concluded, leaving more questions than answers...and we need YOUR help in solving them! So step on up, and fulfil your childhood dream of being a superhero! :P

Vergil Tanner

The game has been going in some form or another for something like 6 years. We've had a lot of interest over that time! XD as it is, we need some new blood to help boost the character roster after some people had to move on. I've already rebooted the recruitment thread once, so I don't want to make the Mods hate me any more than they already do! XD

Vergil Tanner

I like to think that we have a good core of skilled and dedicated people, yeah. I'm really humbled that they've tolerated me this long :P

But the best way to see how awesome they are is to toss your hat into the ring, wink wink nudge nudge :P

mainsnoires

Hello all,
I am planting a flag of interest for this game, and will post an archetype if there is still room !

Vergil Tanner

lux89

Sex: Male
Position: Student 
Archetype: Stoner
Power Theme: Electricity

MetroFallout

I am interested, would you mind if I asked you some questions about the gun laws of your setting's New York state?

Vergil Tanner

Well hello there, Luxy! :P We don't have any aggressive powers, so an elementalist would be amazing!

When you say that he's a "Stoner," what specific kind of stoner do you mean? Is he the "ditch class and get high" type, or is he just the dopey "recreational" stoner? Or is he an outright dealer? xD

Also, with his electricity, what type of control? Are you imagining him largely using bolts of electricity, or making constructs out of it? Is it large-scale blasts, or fine control? What kind of range did you have in mind for him? :D

@MetroFallout:

It's basically New Yorks real life laws, though simplified a little for the benefit of remaining clear and concise. You're not allowed to carry a loaded firearm outside of your home or private property without a licence. You're allowed to open carry said unloaded firearm, but you need a licence to conceal-carry it even if it's unloaded. The minimum age in New York State for the possession of a firearm is 21. You require a licence to own any firearm, and are outright banned from owning anything above a certain calibre or anything that has been classified as "anti armour," "explosive" or "assault." That's the long and short of it, at any rate!

MetroFallout

That's kind of scuppered my idea of making a student who has abilities relating to firearms since this would be high school. I'll probably have to make the guy staff then.

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, alas, they don't want high school students buying guns. I wonder why? >.>
xD

MetroFallout

Sex: Male
Position: Teacher+Coach
Archetype: Physics and Chemistry teacher, Sports Shooting Coach
Power Theme: Matter Generation (limited by knowledge/understanding of construction and complexity of object created)

Vergil Tanner

Ok, so! What do you mean by "Sports Shooting Coach?" What sports does he specifically coach?

And with matter generation, what were you thinking he could generate? What kind of parameters were you imagining? How big can they be, how far away can they be, how complex can they be, does he have any limitations or costs for this ability, etc etc? Basically, what do you see him being able to do with this power? :-)

MetroFallout

As in he coaches the school's sports shooting team. Think ISSF shooting events at lower level or if the school has the budget, practical shooting sports (production for handgun class, limited rifle class and limited/tactical shotgun class) at high school level.

I was thinking he can generate ammunition (basically topped up magazines) and maybe explosive devices and billet steel/aluminium/titanium for crafting his own firearms parts using tools as a Type 10 FFL holder.

Vergil Tanner

Aaaah, ok. So you're thinking like...target shooting and clay pigeon shooting and whatnot, right? I can see that! Though he'd have a LOT of rules and regulations to follow, and if anything went wrong, it would be his head on the line! I think...given that it's High School, they'd likely be using BB guns and Airsoft sort of equipment rather than full live ammunition firearms, right?

As a quick note, you'll have to treat me as a novice when it comes to firearms terminology, since I'm English, so...licences and firearms jargon and whatnot is completely alien to me. xD I can google! And that's about it xD

Either way, where do you see his "Mastery" power being? Like, what can he do at his most powerful? How much ammunition can he create before his powers start to exhaust him? HOW does he create them? What does he create them from? Is there a limit or a cost to what he does? Basically, what can't his powers do, and what limits do they have? And at his strongest, when he's mastered his abilities, what is he capable of?

Sidenote, given that you're creating Staff, how do you feel about Staff / Student "Relations?" Is that something you would want to explore, or is it a "Ick Factor" for you? I need to know so I can note it down for future exploitation reference. :P

MetroFallout

Staff/student's iffy in my opinion because there's definitely some power abuse involved, even if it's unintentional on the staff's part. That said, alumni are totally kosher. Like graduated student who decided to pursue staff members who are single are much better because the power over them's lifted so to speak.

As for his mastery, I see him being able to create full magazines of ammo for whatever gun he happens to be using at the moment of a particular cartridge load while in a fight/under duress. To give an example; say he's using a handgun that can chamber 9mm Major safely, he can reproduce a fresh (full) magazine that has his preferred 9mm Parabellum load that's got a lighter bullet weight and more powder in the casing than what's in an average supersonic self-defence round. If he switches to another gun that chambers .45 ACP and is using a suppressor, he can switch on the fly to make a fresh magazine for a heavier bullet that's subsonic for more effective use of a suppressor. Under stress, he can generate a magazine pretty much as quickly as he could shoot through a fresh magazine, I'll give a ballpark figure and say 15 seconds a magazine.

At his most powerful, I see him being able to make fully functioning, single-role hand grenades (i.e they have one job to do like high-ex/fragmentation, smoke, incendiary, stun, tear gas) while in a fight. While not in a fight, I envision him being able to create enough material in billet or sheet metal that he can use to make prototype armor/firearms for his firearms business that he does as a hobby outside of his job as a teacher and coach.

As for exhaustion, I think he'd be exhausted if he had to keep generating magazines for 5 minutes non-stop, that rounds out to 20 magazines total.

Also I wouldn't worry about firearms licenses etc. too much since I'm not American either, everything I put down for my character's retrieved from Google and wikipedia.

Vergil Tanner

Well there goes my Cheerleader seducing coach :P :P :P
But okey dokey! If that's your stance on it, then I feel the need to warn you that at the moment, you are the only one playing a Staff member. Everybody else is a current student. Seniors, yes, but still current students. So if you are not interested in Staff / Student Relations, then by playing a staff member you are locking yourself out of "Romance" for the foreseeable future within the PC Cast. That might not be important to you, but I feel I should make that clear before you go any further so you can make an informed decision. There is nothing in the rules of the game forbidding it, of course, but if you yourself are not interested in that, then your romance / sexual options are literally 0 amongst the current cast. xD
Just thought I should let you know. :-)

Hmmm, ok. Are people other than him able to use them, or are they limited to just him? Is there a time limit to how long they stay in existence, or once they're created, are they permanent fixtures until used, behaving as if they'd been manufactured in the "traditional" way? When you say that he can create these materials and weaponry, can he do it without knowing anything about them, or does he have to spend time studying them enough to understand each moving part?
What is the most complex device or ammunition he can make? At what point does "Simple" become "Too Complex," as it were?

lux89

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 23, 2020, 01:16:33 AM
Well hello there, Luxy! :P We don't have any aggressive powers, so an elementalist would be amazing!

When you say that he's a "Stoner," what specific kind of stoner do you mean? Is he the "ditch class and get high" type, or is he just the dopey "recreational" stoner? Or is he an outright dealer? xD

Also, with his electricity, what type of control? Are you imagining him largely using bolts of electricity, or making constructs out of it? Is it large-scale blasts, or fine control? What kind of range did you have in mind for him? :D

Heyyo Vergil :)  More clearly defined ideas ~

Stoner type
Recreational, doesn't skip class, he smells of smoke, plays with a Bic lighter, that sort of vibe.
He makes stoner jokes, craves food, and delights in getting lost in big ideas presented to him.
Electricity ideas
Lv 1 - Charges smartphones; Resists minor shocks; Generates some light
Lv 2 - Tasing by touch or projection; Defibrillate; Jumpstart cars; Absorb some health or energy from electricity
Lv 3 - Bolt by hand; Electrocuting the water, ground, or metal by touch; Absorb more health or energy from electricity
Lv 4 - Bolt chaining between targets; If lightning can be constructs like weapons/armors/rides, then this
Lv 5 - Summoning thunderstorms; Making bolts so hot it risks leaving fire or burning/paralysis; Becoming electricity itself