The Creeping Tide [DnD 3.5] Recruitment. Closed.

Started by SteelZephyr, June 24, 2013, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

I'm putting together a rogue, so no need to feel obligated. 

SteelZephyr

The cosmology is Greyhawkian, but material can be used from any 3.5 sourcebook. Loot will be a mixture of serious and sexual. I can say with 100% certainty that at least one enemy will have a Brassiere of Fire Elementals.

kckolbe

Still open for another character?  I am thinking of playing a Marshal from the Miniatures Handbook.  The class is horribly underpowered as a stand alone, but allows me to effectively play a bard with performance feats.  I'll likely go 4 levels of marshal and 2 levels of something else (depending on group needs).

EDIT:  Would also love to play a cleric, since 3.5 had some really cool domains.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

SteelZephyr

Go ahead and apply. I'll be taking interest notices for a while, then close to new interest while everyone finishes their sheets. After that, I'll pick who I think would be best for the party.

Inkidu

Since I expressed interest I feel obligated to let you know that I've decided not to partake in this game. I don't like the mix of 3.5 and Pathfinder elements personally. :\

I'm not too familiar with Pathfinder and I'm afraid I'll make a mess.

Have fun everybody, and good gaming. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Videospirit

I played a character with a Bra of charisma once.

kckolbe

I will definitely play a combat focused character, since we seem to be lacking that, but I am really liking the blend of magic that we have so far (druid, paladin, wizard and warlock).  Our only non magic type so far is a rogue, which has Use Magic Device as a class skill.

Perhaps all of our characters knew each other at one point through some magic academy.  Obviously, we all went different ways with our training, but there will be some connection there. 

I could go Warmage for a combat focus and do some damage there, or just play a character that uses magic in some way to make him stronger.  What do you think?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Dracorion

Quote from: Videospirit on June 25, 2013, 06:32:03 PM
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=11635 Here's my character, modified one I never got to use.

Ah hell, I didn't see your sheet before.

I was working on a Druid too, though seeing the kind of character you're making, Videospirit, would you have a problem with me playing a regular Druid and focusing on spellcasting and summoning and stuff and letting you have the wild shape focus? I could take Aspect of the Dragon to replace wild shape, which works pretty well for my Dragonborn Druid. :P

Videospirit

2 Druids are likely better than one. Especially when we have no cleric. At the moment we might have to actually rely on wands for healing unless the paladin takes that turn undead healing divine feat.

But Zephyr did say he was going to be picking the final party after everyone's done, so make whatever you want, because not everyone is likely going to be accepted.

kckolbe

I am working up a sheet for both cleric and warmage, depending on what folks prefer.  Of course, with two druids, we would have plenty of healing between battles.  I am guessing that if I go cleric I will be a combination of healer and meat shield based on the current group.  We are lacking in physical damage, but Videospirit's wild shape should fix some of that.

Intro Thread

eBadger

Quote from: kckolbe on June 26, 2013, 10:48:59 AM
We are lacking in physical damage, but Videospirit's wild shape should fix some of that.

Rogue is good for that, too. 

Also, its REALLY easy to spend 15k on fun magical items. 

kckolbe

Rogues are wonderful for that.  Well, that's decided, then.  I will play a half-hobgoblin cleric with a ton of HP and cast shield other on our higher damage but lower health types, with some healing spells on top of that.  That way, I don't have to run around healing others as much to keep you folks healthy.

Intro Thread

eBadger

Nys Vendatti, Rogue, Slaver and Artist: Link

Please let me know if that link doesn't work...write up coming soon. 

kckolbe

Link works.  Here's mine so far, still need to do the descriptions and such.  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=598443

By the way, how did you folks feel about a magic academy for the majority of us to have met in?

Intro Thread

eBadger

Nys Vendatti
Elven Rogue
116 years old, 5'8", 150 lbs.

Nys Vendatti (Niss Venn dot ee) is the young scion of the Vendatti clan, a group of elves committed to trade, diplomacy and neutrality.  The clan has a long history as nomads and craftsman, and several hundred years ago used their travels and knowledge toward trade.  They now stand as a wealthy group with a mixed reputation: they are known to trade with anyone, for anything.  They are the source turned to for the exotic, strange, or blatantly illegal.  Recently they’ve gained both renown and condemnation as sellers of exceptional slaves. 

The physical appearance of the clan – silver hair and black nails - is said to derive from a history as dusk elves coupled with an influx of drow heritage, as they utilized marriage unions to gain entry into the markets of the underworld.  Relations are maintained to this day, and the Vendatti clan routinely roam the upper tunnels of the underdark. 

As the only son of the Highlord Varthen Vendatti, a remote and stern if loving man, Nys was raised with a clear expectation to one day assume a role of leadership within the clan although the long lives of elven kind imply any ascension to complete leadership is centuries away.  Varthen holds several noble titles from many lands, given as reward or purchased for the convenience of nobility, and some devolve to Nys as well; however, they put little stock in them, and the only one Nys views as anything more than a credential is his clan title: the Silver Prince of the Vendatti.  His training has been long and practical, including swordplay and business as well as some less conventional means of achieving goals.  He's also developed a talent for body art, including piercings and both temporary and permanent inks, and sometimes utilizes slaves as his canvas.  Nys’ mother was killed when he was still a boy, about 70 years ago, when the family of a slave attempted to rescue him by force. 

Now still a young adult by elven standards, Nys is nevertheless well traveled and much older than most mortals he encounters.  His goals involve a swift rise to power, proving himself capable and bringing the Vendatti wealth and security.  As the only son of the Highlord, expectations of him are high – possibly unachievably so.  He is impatient and reckless by elven standards although most short lived races don’t have the same perspective on time.  He has never felt any lack of bravery or honor, although he views them much differently than traditional nobility.  Risk is foolish without promise of return and bringing the clan profit and success is the highest form of duty.   

His attitude towards others is a bit mercenary, a carryover from his clan’s outlook toward business.  He values honesty, dislikes inflicting harm and understands antagonism is unproductive, but is ultimately goal driven and opportunity or desperation can quickly dismiss manners.   He has extensive experience with slaves and sees nothing wrong with power and subservience, although he does view them as cherished investments and decries unnecessary abuse as inhumane and an unforgivable waste of assets.  Currently clan is the one thing sacred to Nys; nearly every action is weighed for its benefit to the family, and betrayal is unthinkable.  He would sacrifice anything to protect them – especially for his two younger sisters. 

Orientation: Nys is strictly dominant, and primarily heterosexual. 

Character Sheet

*Still somewhat in progress; may tweak or add a few minor items (potions, etc)

Unique Items: 
Collar of Submission: Developed by the Vendatti merchants to control newly captured or willful slaves, the Collar has become one of their signature items.  A dynamic, although not intelligent item, it changes its form between anything from a heavy iron band to a delicate filigree choker; whatever it's mood, the effect is the same.  When the Collar is placed on a humanoid they come under the effect of a Suggestion spell and are compelled to obey the owner's orders.  To help with the subtle breaking of a slave's will, it automatically prevents the wearer from taking any action to harm the owner, from moving more than 100' away unless specifically commanded, and makes the wearer feel constant sexual arousal - often coupled with commands of chastity to create a simple reward and punishment system.  Because these effects are not explicitly stated, victims are often confused by their own unwillingness.  The collar may only be placed on a new victim once per day.  To prevent misuse, the owner's identity is set permanently during creation, and may not be altered. 

Mithril Key: An enchanted piece of mithril, the Key is a metal object the size of a typical key, and defaults to that shape when not in use.  However, on command it can assume whatever form the controller imagines; it's not quite as good as the real thing, but does grant a +5 bonus to Open Locks checks. 

Amulet of Detect Magic: A stylish although nondescript amulet set on a steel chain, this grants the user the ability to perceive magical auras and effects, as per the spell.  Curiously, when viewed itself by another detect magic spell the arcane interaction produces a prismatic glow far prettier than its normal appearance, although devoid of any game effect. 

SteelZephyr

Looks good so far. Two things on Nys, though:
1. Are you going with Lesser Drow for the darkvision?
2. Sexual orientation, or have you not decided yet?

As for meeting in a Magical Academy, that could work. Wait...that's brilliant....just need to....and turn that this way......use the Allen wrench.....

The DM continues to mutter to himself as he begins working on a plot hook.

indarkestknight

Sadly, neither of the builds I'm working on use magic... or even have ranks in Use Magic Device...  :-(

kckolbe

That one tie in doesn't need to apply to everyone, though such an organization would have guards and assistants as well, so still a possibility.  Or maybe your char is related to or friends with a char in the academy.  Still plenty of options.

Intro Thread

eBadger

Quote from: SteelZephyr on June 26, 2013, 04:40:50 PM
Looks good so far. Two things on Nys, though:
1. Are you going with Lesser Drow for the darkvision?
2. Sexual orientation, or have you not decided yet?

As for meeting in a Magical Academy, that could work. Wait...that's brilliant....just need to....and turn that this way......use the Allen wrench.....

The DM continues to mutter to himself as he begins working on a plot hook.

Gah!  Added orientation, and as for Lesser Drow...mebbe?  I forgot lowlight/dark vision aren't interchangable like Pathfinder...could you link me to lesser drow stats?  Or will this work?  I'm just doing it for flavor (slaver, and the pic coloring) so even if I need to just use normal elven stats that's fine. 

rancorius

Videospirit

Quote from: eBadger on June 26, 2013, 02:41:04 PM
Collar of Submission: Developed by the Vendatti merchants to control newly captured or willful slaves, the Collar has become one of their signature items.  A dynamic, although not intelligent item, it changes its form between anything from a heavy iron band to a delicate filigree choker; whatever it's mood, the effect is the same.  When the Collar is placed on a humanoid they come under the effect of a Suggestion spell and are compelled to obey the owner's orders.  To help with the subtle breaking of a slave's will, it automatically prevents the wearer from taking any action to harm the owner, from moving more than 100' away unless specifically commanded, and makes the wearer feel constant sexual arousal - often coupled with commands of chastity to create a simple reward and punishment system.  Because these effects are not explicitly stated, victims are often confused by their own unwillingness.  The collar may only be placed on a new victim once per day.  To prevent misuse, the owner's identity is set permanently during creation, and may not be altered.   

"It's a Traaaap"*stares at the shiny collar*

eBadger

But it's so shiny.  Here, just try it on for a moment.  I'll take it right off. 

Videospirit

"D-Don't be stupid. Why would I want to wear something shiny and cute like that? I'm not one of those dumb city girls who wastes their money on looking pretty. I-I don't need pretty things! Money is stupid! Only use it for good causes."*Still staring at it*

indarkestknight

Quote from: eBadger on June 26, 2013, 11:50:43 AMAlso, its REALLY easy to spend 15k on fun magical items.

My DGM lists the wealth for a 6th level PC as 13k...

Videospirit

Quote from: indarkestknight on June 26, 2013, 06:26:59 PM
My DGM lists the wealth for a 6th level PC as 13k...

Point being? GM gave out 15k.