Sailor Moon { Interest Check }

Started by KikuLei, December 11, 2010, 05:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KikuLei

I am dieing to do a Sailor Moon Rp, however I would like to make it to where there are male scouts as well. Only custom characters however. There will be enemies as well. I was just wanting to see who is interested in this before I go too far in this.

Major Major

Hmm... You intrigue me, my dear. I might have some characters in mind already.

KikuLei

My only concerns are, not enough of a specific gender and Real or Anime pictures?

Dark Deception

I would be interested in this idea, but I hope you are capable of GMing the idea. There are too many Rps where the GM comes up with an idea and doesn't know how to run it, and then when the players try and make it for the GM, it winds up not being what the GM wanted, and then he or she abandons the idea entirely.

As for your question, you should allow real or anime. I believe how the player role plays their character in game will give a better visual of that character than any media.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

KikuLei

Well my basic idea is for the Scouts to have a new enemy , possibly the son of the Queen or somthing? In Exchange he wants the new Sailor Moon as a wife or somthing of that nature. Though she is in love with the new ' Tuxedo Mask ' though I was thinking he would be more of a rogue hero. Seeing as the original was a Prince, it would be kind of generic if he was as well. He can even have a new name which is prefered.  But, I very much liked the Carnival episode of Sailor Moon with the Princess and the apple? We do need someone to play the male enemy however. I was thinking of having it be after the past scouts have passed or maybe an alternate universe where the originals never existed in some sort. More room for customization of the characters but still basic idea?

Dark Deception

And what is the significance of the male scouts? What is their story?

KikuLei

Same story, just different sex. Same as in the original anime however they aren't Princesses of the other planets but each of them are a Prince.  { Also Romance is definatly allowed between Scouts }

Dark Deception

Hm...Sailor Scouts and the Sailor Knights? :p I think I'll call Jupiter (male).

pendarious

this idea does actually hold some interest
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

lorcan

Hmm this has peaked my interest, Id be very interested in taking  on the Role of the Sailor Knight Mars .

Dark Deception

You know what was interesting? I saw once they had taken the Saint Seiya dudes and the Sailor Moon gals and tried to make it seem like the the SS dudes were the male versions to Sailor Moon except their theme was the constellations (Leo, Taurus, Capricorn, etc.) But I was just saying that. It was interesting to think about.

It's a real life Lita, even though I know said it'll be original, this was just a good cosplay picture lol.

Click Me!

DKDBSD

How much do you want people to know about the series? I've seen about half of it.

Laughing Hyena

I'll tip my hat into the ring and take either moon or venus knight. Preferably of those two.

pendarious

guess i'll take the mantle of the saturn knight
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Dark Deception

All we need are scouts now, and hopefully, the GM is still interested in this.

Sessha

I would be interested in playing in this as well. Though I am not sure which I would play, weather it would be an actual Sailor Scout or a Knight is a small problem for me.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Keaira

Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Laughing Hyena

I think a lot of the scouts are available.

KikuLei

Honestly, my only problem with this rp is the struggle of players and knowing how to play it. If it has a moving plot others will get left out.. if I make it a slow moving idea interest will be lost and if I just make it, them chilling out then... what will be the point?

Dark Deception

You should have a Plot Summary that explains how the game is going to roll, so the players who plan to join know the basic idea of what they're getting into. Then, you should have some rules for what you want and don't want in the RP. Finally, there has to be an understanding that no role play is perfect and that people will quit for numerous reasons and some of those reasons don't ever involve the RP at all. This allows you to weed out the dedicated players - those who decide to remain - and you can keep recycling players in that way. You know your dedicated players will keep on rolling and as you continue to cycle through players, eventually, you'll have a full group of dedicated players.

My opinion only, I don't think your RP will require too much GMing. All RPs, always need the GM or someone who knows the story to assist in moving it along and even placing before players different situations. I might suggest that if you control when the Negaverse sends a monster, then it will keep players from creating their own points of action spontaneously. It will be a slightly controlled game that those who are in the area where the Negaverse spawn is, can choose to get involved and those who aren't, stay out of it. I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me, but a gang bang of heroes on one enemy always was a huge turn off to me lol.

If we had an OOC discussion before the action proceeded, then we can discuss who is going to get involved and who isn't. Oh yes, another thing because not everyone posts as much as everyone else. A rule for posting amount might be good. There were numerous situations where players who write smaller than others will post a ton of posts in one full day and so the players who write lengthy or who aren't as active, when they return, there's about 1-3 pages of IC that went by. I hope there is a post limit per day because seeing an RP go ahead of me makes me quit all the time. It also makes others quit at times. A one to two posts per day would seem like a controlled one, but whatever you decide. I'm only making suggestions.

Sessha

Got to say I agree with Dark on this one. He hit the nail on the head actually. As for me I would be torn if allowed to have free reign. Half of me says sign me up for Sailor Mars while theother half is itching to create an OC.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!