Do you want your mind blown?

Started by Love And Submission, February 01, 2013, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love And Submission

Turns out The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles aren't really turtles.
Since the  Leonardo , Raphael  , Donatello ,  and Michaelangelo are rarely seen in the water (even though they live in a sewer) and spend almost all of their time on land , They are in fact Tortoises.

Mind Blown.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Love And Submission

Quote from: Beorning on February 01, 2013, 07:14:15 PM
... turtles and tortoises are *not* the same thing..?

Nope.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Tortoise_vs_Turtle

QuoteTortoises and Turtles are both reptiles from the family of Testudines, the major difference being that the land dwelling ones are called Tortoises and water dwelling are called Turtles. The body of a tortoise and a turtle both is shielded by a shell, the upper part of which is called Carapace and the lower portion is called Plastron

Shjade

Abbreviation doesn't have to change, therefore the marketing world survives another bombshell.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Naiah

Kinda like how Donald Duck isnt a duck, but a drake..

Chris Brady

I thought Drakes were just a term for male Ducks?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Um, I think they'd be more of a terrapin.  Considering they are mostly near fresh water... Well as fresh as a sewer gets.  And the reason for them mostly being on land is technology and well I don't think The Shredder is a shark.  You also see in the first turtle movie when Raph is injured they put him in water rather than someplace dry.

While we do not see them in water often, they do how ever have episodes in which the turtles are in water and show and affinity for being able to move with ease and being able to be under for medium lengths of time.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Love And Submission

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 02, 2013, 10:53:14 AM
Um, I think they'd be more of a terrapin.  Considering they are mostly near fresh water... Well as fresh as a sewer gets.  And the reason for them mostly being on land is technology and well I don't think The Shredder is a shark.  You also see in the first turtle movie when Raph is injured they put him in water rather than someplace dry.

While we do not see them in water often, they do how ever have episodes in which the turtles are in water and show and affinity for being able to move with ease and being able to be under for medium lengths of time.

Regardless. They aren't turtles. We can both agree on that at least.

Naiah

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 02, 2013, 03:57:26 AM
I thought Drakes were just a term for male Ducks?

Yea.. so it should be Donald Drake..

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: DTW on February 02, 2013, 12:06:01 PM

Terrapins are freshwater turtles that live in fresh or brackish water.   

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Naiah on February 02, 2013, 02:59:49 PM
Yea.. so it should be Donald Drake..

Yes because he is a fully grown male duck (drake).  Females are ducks.

Shjade

But it's his name, not his scientific designation. >.>
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Marduk

Quote from: Shjade on February 02, 2013, 10:26:51 PM
But it's his name, not his scientific designation. >.>

Hahaha. That gave me a good chuckle.

Okay, what about Goofy? I always thought Goofy was a dog growing up, but in light of this topic it occurs to me that Goofy had a pet dog. Can a dog have a pet dog? Does it qualify as slavery if he does? Also, what manner of beast is the Road-Runner of Looney Tunes fame?

I fear a can of worms has been opened.

Shjade

◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Rig on February 03, 2013, 06:13:38 PM
Hahaha. That gave me a good chuckle.

Okay, what about Goofy? I always thought Goofy was a dog growing up, but in light of this topic it occurs to me that Goofy had a pet dog. Can a dog have a pet dog? Does it qualify as slavery if he does? Also, what manner of beast is the Road-Runner of Looney Tunes fame?

I fear a can of worms has been opened.

Goofy is a dog, just as Pete is a cat.

Wolfy

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 02, 2013, 07:20:28 PM
Yes because he is a fully grown male duck (drake).  Females are ducks.

Consider this:

Donald never wears pants.

And there is no visible Penis.

Therefore...Donald is either a very, very masculine female duck...or Transexual!

Marduk

Quote from: Shjade on February 03, 2013, 09:54:51 PM
...it's a Roadrunner. >.>

...did not know this species actually existed.

yep... mind blown. XD

You learn something new every day haha

Love And Submission

Yoda directed The Muppets Take Manhattan and 1986's Little Shop Of Horrors.

He also created Miss Piggy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Oz

Oniya

Frank is a true master - even if we have made jokes that Yoda is Fozzie and Gonzo's love-child.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Wolfy on February 03, 2013, 11:02:37 PM
Consider this:

Donald never wears pants.

And there is no visible Penis.

Therefore...Donald is either a very, very masculine female duck...or Transexual!

Consider that unless it is mating season male ducks do not have a penis.

Sabby

Do Turtles absolutely need to live in water to survive? If not, them being out of water doesn't say they are tortoises.

Jag

The ninja turtles are Malaclemys terrapin breed. At least that is what I think they are due to their appearance. Though most believe them to be common Red-Eared Sliders (which is a terrapin as well). A terrapin is a turtle living in fresh or brackish water, that also spend a lot of time on land. *nods*

While I believe them to be Malaclemys, it was revealed in the 90s during an interview that they are Red-Ear Sliders. The TMNT craze among kids during that time caused a lot of this breed to be bred and then released into local ponds and lakes, making them a pest as time went on.

Tokka from the movie and Slash from the comics/cartoon were Alligator Snapping turtles.

*flees*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Stella Maris

Quote from: Rig on February 03, 2013, 06:13:38 PMOkay, what about Goofy?
Goofy was originally named Dippy Dawg and in the first appearance appeared alongside other funny animal characters such as Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar.

~SM~
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os

Love And Submission

ATHF is eleven years old.

As is Adult Swim.

Also  Adult swim debuted and pre-dates   9/11  by eight days.

The Venture Bros has only had four seasons since 2003. That's four seasons in ten years.

I  love the show but how long does it take to write a damn episode?

Thesunmaid

Laughs and points out the obvious"they are also mutants and perhaps they outgrew the need to walk around in water..I mean they also had a talking brain and rock steady and bebop were not native creatures to a city setting either...so..I am happy to think of them as turtles since teenage mutant ninja tortoises does not sound as good.":)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Love And Submission

If robin hood  robs the rich and gives to the poor then the rich he robbed become poor and the poor he gave his wealth to become rich.

So does he then rob then people he just robbed to give to the poor people that he made poor in the first place by robbing them? It's just a vicious cycle really.

Beorning

Not really. By distributing the robbed funds carefully, Robin assures everyone has the same amount of money. There are no rich or poor, then - just the middle-class :)

Oniya

Or, if you follow the legend, Robin stole from the corrupt nobility (Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham, most often), and gave to the honest peasants.  He did not steal from honest nobility (like King Richard, or pious churchmen).  Therefore, if the peasants did accrue enough money to become nobles, then if they remained honest, they would have no fear of Robin's robbing.  If they became corrupt, then they would probably do well to keep a wary eye on Sherwood.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

gaggedLouise

For some reason I always thought turtles belonged within the class of amphibians - with frogs and salamanders and such - not actual reptiles. Seems they are closer to snakes than I'd imagined...

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Love And Submission

Here's another one. Remember how terrifying Jurrasic Park kid?

It would be considerably less horrifying in real life.

Yep.That's probably what a real t-rex looked like. Not exactly the most intimidating creature since it appears somewhat peach colored.
Not to mention that feathers plus little tiny arms make it appear as though he's wearing tassels.

Don't even get me started on the Triceratops.

Beorning

BOOOOOOM!

*mind blown*

;D

Seriously though, I wouldn't say that the feathers make the T-Rex necessarily less terrifying. Slightly more bizarre, yes - but it's still a giant monster that can swallow you in one chomp.

CupidCatt

Thanks for posting those photos of camp dinosaurs on parade, I needed a good laugh.

Love And Submission

This is Paul Newman. He's famous for playing Butch Cassidy.

This is the real life Butch Cassidy.

Apparently Hollywood does not allow fat people to be cowboys or there were no fat actors available in 1969.

Love And Submission

That's Joseph Bell. He's wearing a deerstalker cap and an  inverness cloak/cape. He was a surgeon who

Quoteemphasized the importance of close observation in making a diagnosis. To illustrate this, he would often pick a stranger and, by observing him, deduce his occupation and recent activities.

That's Sherlock Holmes. He's wearing a deerstalker cap and an iverness.  He's famous for his skills of Deductive Reasoning.

Sherlock Holmes was invented by  Arthur Connan Doyle.  Joseph Bell once had a cleark working for him named..

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
...Arthur Connan Doyle.

Shjade

DTW, if you think Butch looks fat in those pictures...you've got a pretty broad definition of "fat." >.>
◕/◕'s

Oniya

Quote from: Shjade on March 02, 2013, 01:39:05 PM
DTW, if you think Butch looks fat in those pictures...you've got a pretty broad definition of "fat." >.>

He's got a much squarer jaw-line than Newman, to be sure, and I have to wonder when in Butch's life those shots were taken.  (Kind of hard to judge muscle definition in shots where the person is fully clothed from wrist to ankles.)

Chris Brady

Quote from: DTW on March 02, 2013, 07:09:40 AM

That's Joseph Bell. He's wearing a deerstalker cap and an  inverness cloak/cape. He was a surgeon who

That's Sherlock Holmes. He's wearing a deerstalker cap and an iverness.  He's famous for his skills of Deductive Reasoning.

Sherlock Holmes was invented by  Arthur Connan Doyle.  Joseph Bell once had a cleark working for him named..

...Arthur Connan Doyle.
actually if you know anything about Sir Doyle, you'd know that he DID base Sherlock Holmes off Mr. Bell.  He's mentioned it in an interview, at some point.  So yeah, easy enough to find if you care about it.  :-)

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Rhapsody

Quote from: DTW on February 02, 2013, 12:06:01 PM

They're mutants, and spend enough time in water that I've seen for them to hold the "Turtle" designation.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Love And Submission

QuoteTaking “can’t we all just get along” to another level, members of the Grape Street Crips gang in Memphis have joined with members of Ku Klux Klan to protest a planned KKK rally in Memphis on March 30th, reports ABC24.com.

Protest organizer, Dajuan Horton, said that the purpose of the counter-protest is to meet racism with non-violence:

“The first thing I was thinking was the largest rally you’ve even seen and you’re telling us about it. You’re sending the first blow, we’re not throwing blows we’re going to dodge that one and hug you.”

After seeing a YouTube video of Horton outlining his vision of solidarity with the Ku Klux Klan, Bradley Jenkins, the Imperial Wizard for the United Klan of America, vowed to join his cause:

“We will stand resolute with the citizens of Memphis and this young man and anyone in town, no matter what color they be, because hate and racism has no place,” he said.

“This young man and the people of the community do not need to fear the Klan coming. People making accusations that thousands of Klansmen are coming to fill the streets of your town – that’s one little man speaking for many got to stop,” he said. “Don’t be fooled. They’re fooling the media, everybody these folks saying they’re Klan, they’re not Klan.”

Jenkins claims that the march, allegedly to protest the renaming of parks that currently honor known racists and Klansmen, is self-serving and not in the Klan’s best interest:

“The Ku Klux Klan stands for not self but others. How can that be for others arguing over the name of a park inside of a city that made the decision to rename it? That is the community’s prerogative.”

Edward, a member of the Loyal White Knights, the Klan group planning the rally, said they have no plans of terrorizing the town, but that White people must unapologetically stand up for their rights.

http://newsone.com/2255414/grape-street-crips-ku-klux-klan-rally/

Seriously. What is this...I don't even.....

Aleph

Quote from: DTW on February 24, 2013, 11:27:25 AM
If robin hood  robs the rich and gives to the poor then the rich he robbed become poor and the poor he gave his wealth to become rich.

So does he then rob then people he just robbed to give to the poor people that he made poor in the first place by robbing them? It's just a vicious cycle really.

Monty Python did a great take on this, check the "Dennis Moore" sketches on YouTube. A free-roaming highwayman who found the redistribution of wealth a little more difficult than anticipated :)

Warning though, the theme song will get stuck in your head.

Love And Submission

Love And Submission

Five of the seven continents end with the same letter that they start with.

Never noticed that before.

Asia , Europe  Africa , Australia , Asia.

Odd.

Stella Maris

*stealthily changes that second Asia to Antarctica*
And America is only different because there's two parts to it. In fact, Europe gets to be the odd one out with it's 'E's.
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os

Formless

* Holds his head as it hurts immensly *

Too ... much ... information ... Can't contain .... * Kaboom *.

R.I.P Ark.

Oniya

*mops up detritus*

Gotta work on your filing system.  ;)

Thorne

Time for a trip to Brain Ikea, hm? *helps Oniya mop up*
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Love And Submission

So  I was looking up some quotes from Buddha when I found this.

QuoteRelated Authors
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mother Teresa
Dalai Lama
Mahatma Gandhi
Martin Luther
Sai Baba
Napoleon Bonaparte

I'm now very confused because one of those is certainly not like the others.

Chris Brady

I can call out several that aren't.

Jag

Chris Brady

My mind, she be blown.  I never realized that!  Thanks Michi.

Love And Submission

Oh were you scared of snakes before?

Well know they just got a bit creepier to you didn't they.

For the record , Snakes are probably my second favorite animal. They are nature's ultimate underdog. They have no limbs or  external ears and  mediocre  eyesight yet have managed to be one of the  deadliest animals in the world. Not to mention the inhabit every continent except for Antarctica.

This is animal with just about every handicap you can have and yet they've managed to overcome each one and  not just survive  but thrive.

Hell ,  a certain species of snakes lives in trees. This is a creature with no limbs  whose main habitat is trees. That's damn impressive.

Oniya

Quote from: DTW on March 28, 2013, 11:20:47 AM
Hell ,  a certain species of snakes lives in trees. This is a creature with no limbs  whose main habitat is trees. That's damn impressive.

And yet, they have hips.

Oreo

Turtle vs Tortoise  akin to  Frog vs Toad.

InfoTortoise vsTurtle
Definition:A Tortoise is a reptile from the Chelonian family and dwells well on land.A Turtle is a reptile from the Chelonian family and dwells well in the water.
Distribution:Found mostly in Asia and Africa but some species exist in the Americas too.Africa, America
Shape of the shell:Mostly large dome shaped shells (with bumps on the top in some species.)Mostly flat, streamlined shells
Weight of the shell:Shells generally heavierShells generally lighter
LimbsFeet are short and sturdy with bent legsWebbed feet with long claws
BirthTortoise hatchlings move from their nest to the mothers burrow soon after birthTurtle hatchlings stay in their nest on their own for 90-120 days
Lifespan80-150 years (The longest living Tortoise is 326 years)20-40 years the oldest was 86 years

InfoFrog vsToad
Hind legsLong, powerful jumping legsShorter legs for walking or hopping
EggsFrogs lay eggs in clusters, young live in waterToads lay eggs in long chains; some toads do not lay eggs but give birth to live young, young live in water
skinMoist and smoothDry and bumpy
CharacteristicAmphibians, keeping mostly in waterAmphibians, keeping mostly on land
HabitatPrefer moist environmentsPrefer dry environment but adapt to moist conditions as well.
Teeth Frogs have vomerine teeth in their upper jaw.Toads have no teeth.
EyesEyes Bulge out.Eyes do not bulge out, poison gland behind eyes

Snakes in trees? >_> There are even legless lizards

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Jag

The Cerberus rynchops snake can jump. Snakes can jump and climb without legs...and they have hips. *nods*

Love And Submission

Oniya

Do you want the frequency?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

(No, seriously, I have a list of them somewhere, but it might be outdated.)

Love And Submission

Despite being one of the most well known people in history and ruling over a massive empire , Nobody knows what race Attila The Hun was or even where he was born.

Since the huns were nomadic  and traveled around mainland Europe and  , The Huns and Attila could've been anything from Turkish to German to Xiongnu.

The only reason Atilla is portrayed as Asian is because of a second hand report by Jordanes who was roman and not a hun himself.

Heck , In Wll Allied propaganda referred to the Germans as "Huns." but this was due to a speech by  Emperor Wilhelm II and not any historical note.

Cyrano Johnson

I dare you to look away. I dare you.

That there being advertised right there is a real thing and not fake. And remember... it's for "freethinkers."
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Oniya

I remember Juggalos.  Aren't they the fans of Insane Clown Posse or something like that?

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Oniya on April 01, 2013, 10:02:59 AM
I remember Juggalos.  Aren't they the fans of Insane Clown Posse or something like that?

Fans of Insane Clown Posse would be puzzling enough, but they're really more like cultists of Insane Clown Posse. It's like if Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons crossed over into our world and built a cult of personality around himself as a bad-ass rapper.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Oniya

Yeah - that's a better description.  I remember it from when ICP was a wrestling tag-team.

Love And Submission

Abraham Lincoln  . Albert Einstein and Theodore Roosevelt  had no middle name.

In fact , Seventeen out of Forty Three presidents have no middle names.

It must be odd having two letter initials.

Oniya

Harry Truman's middle name was S - that's it, nothing else, just S.

Love And Submission

You'd have to  drink fifty to sixty percent of your body weight in heavy water to kill you.

So if you've ever wanted a glass of   a form of water that contains a larger than normal amount of the hydrogen isotope deuterium ,  go ahead. You'll be fine as long as you don't drink to much.

Also , Heavy water has been shown to increase the lives of fruit flies by thirty percent.

I really do kind of wonder what heavy water taste like.

Oniya

I think drinking that much regular water would kill you from hyponatremia.

There was actually a Hogan's Heroes episode where the boys convinced Klink and Schultz that the heavy water that was being stored at the Stalag was water from the Fountain of Youth

Love And Submission

QuoteCamels mate by having both male and female sitting on the ground, with the male mounting from behind. The male usually ejaculates three or four times within a single mating session.

I wonder if camels have more orgasms in their life then their human counterparts.

Oreo

QuoteThere is an Old English unit of volume called a "butt", approx. 477 liters, implying there is such a thing as a "buttload."

butt 5  (bt)
n.
1. A large cask.
2. A unit of volume equal to two hogsheads, usually the equivalent of 126 U.S. gallons (about 477 liters).
[Middle English, from Old French boute, from Late Latin *buttia, variant of buttis.]

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Oreo

LadyLucy

This topic...

I don't know if I will ever be able to look at anything the same. Like ever again...

MistressVoluptas

Today class for mind blowing 101 we're going to cover the magic of anagrams!
=======================================================

Making Punishment   into Nine Thumps just takes a little bit of imagination (and possibly a paddle)

Another example is that Real Life can be made into : Feral Lie.

Next up! Debit card can make : Bad credit

Got the hang of it yet? Slot machines can be changed into : Cash lost in 'em

A decimal point can be changed into: I'm a dot in place

Republician or Democrat you might say Election results : Lies – let's recount

A little Desperation can make: A rope ends it

For bonus points look at the first letter of each word see what it makes an anagram of.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Oreo on March 17, 2014, 02:16:09 AM
O.O Blew my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqziQX7eEv0
It's just math and physics.  That's what blows my mind.  All it is, all those tricks are numbers.

Oreo

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 07, 2014, 12:49:39 PM
It's just math and physics.  That's what blows my mind.  All it is, all those tricks are numbers.

;D And a lot of English on the ball.

Love And Submission

Oh god I just ruined Star Wars for myself. If Wookie's live on a jungle planet , why did they grow all that hair? Their home world is incredibly hot ,  how does all that hair benefit them in such a climate?  Their evolution doesn't make any sense! Damn it.

Oniya

Quote from: DTW on June 05, 2014, 10:17:54 AM
Oh god I just ruined Star Wars for myself. If Wookie's live on a jungle planet , why did they grow all that hair? Their home world is incredibly hot ,  how does all that hair benefit them in such a climate?  Their evolution doesn't make any sense! Damn it.

You could ask this guy.

Nature.  *nods*  Things that make you go 'Huh?'

Oreo

Love And Submission

Quote from: Oniya on June 05, 2014, 10:21:41 AM
You could ask this guy.

Nature.  *nods*  Things that make you go 'Huh?'

Well that raises another questions. Sloth's grew fur because they came to south america through island hopping.  They were originally from a cold climate and ended up in a warm  one. So if Wookies are like Sloth's....Where did they come from and what made  leave their home world? Because the planet they are on now (or at least at the time of the films) was completely warm. So either their planet warmed due to some unknown reason or they  traveled from another planet to their new world which again  has  not  been explained by the  franchise.

Sloth's are not   sentient , so their migration was most likely involuntary. Wookie's on the other hand are sentient so again...Why did they leave and where did they come from?

Oniya

Oreo

The fur on an animal actually protects them from the heat as well as the cold. It acts as insulation. Maybe the same with Wookies.

cptBacon

Quote from: Oreo on June 05, 2014, 07:43:41 PM
The fur on an animal actually protects them from the heat as well as the cold. It acts as insulation. Maybe the same with Wookies.
I was doing find until the Wookies part. But now...
A super detailed introduction to me:
O/O

My current stories:
The Art of Seduction | Grey Skies
Along for the Ride | She Let Herself Go

Love And Submission

Oniya

Pigs will eat anything.  At least two serial killers have made use of that fact.  Robert Pickton and Marianne Skoublinska (second heading)

Love And Submission

Quote from: Oniya on June 05, 2014, 09:57:54 PM
Pigs will eat anything.  At least two serial killers have made use of that fact.  Robert Pickton and Marianne Skoublinska (second heading)

So Will cats but murder (of humans at least.) isn't generally in their  wheelhouse. Wild Boars do kill people I think but it's pretty rare for domesticated pigs to just start slaughtering people.

Speaking of which , I hate the cliche of "All Animals Can Kill." That's Garbage. Nobody's ever been killed by a penguin , alright? The number people killed by  Otters is historically low.

Oniya

Actually, your article suggested that the man may have died of a heart attack, or foul play as well as the possibility of the pigs.  The pigs just disposed of the body.  Personally, I think the heart attack is most likely, considering the victim profile.

Love And Submission

Quote from: Oniya on June 05, 2014, 10:43:33 PM
Actually, your article suggested that the man may have died of a heart attack, or foul play as well as the possibility of the pigs.  The pigs just disposed of the body.  Personally, I think the heart attack is most likely, considering the victim profile.

QuoteIn 2004, a Romanian woman was knocked unconscious and eaten by the pigs on her farm, UPI reported at the time. The news report did not say whether the woman survived, only that the pigs had eaten the woman's ears and half her face. Her husband, sedated, told reporters: "I'll never breed such beasts again."

Yeah  that's mind blowing. That's not typical pig behavior is it?
I've never heard that before.

Oniya

I don't believe they typically seek out meat, but if there's something edible literally dropped in front of them (and an unconscious body would count), they aren't going to snub it.  You have several large, hungry animals, all going for a bucket held by something at least half their mass (and likely smaller than that), and you really want a fence in between for safety.  It's not that they lie around until one says 'Hey, Wilbur.  When the farmer comes by with our slop, let's off him.'  It's more like 'FOOOOD!Foodfoodfood!' *bump* 'Fooooood!'

Love And Submission

Quote from: Oniya on June 05, 2014, 10:53:10 PM
I don't believe they typically seek out meat, but if there's something edible literally dropped in front of them (and an unconscious body would count), they aren't going to snub it.  You have several large, hungry animals, all going for a bucket held by something at least half their mass (and likely smaller than that), and you really want a fence in between for safety.  It's not that they lie around until one says 'Hey, Wilbur.  When the farmer comes by with our slop, let's off him.'  It's more like 'FOOOOD!Foodfoodfood!' *bump* 'Fooooood!'

But eating a live , breathing body is unusual for a pig. Regardless of Consciousness or not.

I don't know. I'm not an expert on pigs. I just thought it was an unusual and  interesting story to share.

Love And Submission

Today I learned Wiener Schnitzel isn't German.

And neither was Ferdinand Porsche.

Oreo

Oniya

Oreo

A fun English game. Place the word "only" anywhere in the sentence. The meaning keeps changing, but the grammar is always correct.

She told him that she loved him.

Shjade

Quote from: Oreo on September 16, 2014, 12:24:39 PM
A fun English game. Place the word "only" anywhere in the sentence. The meaning keeps changing, but the grammar is always correct.

She told him that she loved him.

It's games like these that remind me why I like playing with words. n.n
◕/◕'s

Oreo

Inkidu

Ladies, Lords, and Lieges a simple thought blew my mind today and I want to share it with you.

I present the Hipster's Paradox!

"I was hating hipsters before it was cool."

Boom...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUT47Za7lPY

Not only is it possible; it can be achieved in a way I would have never in a million years believed. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oreo

How Far We Have Come

Now all this fits in your pocket!!

Wolven Soul

Whatever you wanna call em, that new movie was god awful.
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

CaptainNexus616

I'm about to ruin Lion King for you all. At the start of the movie there were only two adult male lions. Scar and Mufasa. Now Scar never hung out with the Pride. Later in the movie Simba's love interest Nala was part of the same Pride who was her father?  >:)

When you figure it out your childhood will have been ruined.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Oniya

Not to mention the fact that male lions will kill any cubs they haven't fathered if they take over a pride.  So, even if Scar had fathered a cub with one of the Pride Rock lionesses, Mufasa would have taken care of that.

Beguile's Mistress

No one has been able to determine that, have they?

gaggedLouise

I recall this Donald Duck one-shot adventure where Donald is involved in tracking down some of his ancestors and finding out that he is the sole living beneficiary of an old debt bond which gives him the right to "half of all that Uncle Scrooge would earn" (signed by a young Scrooge going off to Klondyke) and at one point he's standing out in the forest and saying, "Must be a hoax! There can't be any human living around here." (my italics)  ;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oreo

Oreo

Chasing Icecaps: Largest glacier calving ever caught on film.

https://youtu.be/hC3VTgIPoGU