SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

my concept is loosely based on black cat from marvel comics

or maybe catwoman from DC

if that helps any!!

Phaia

can i get a link to the main thread and ooc thread...please

Josietta

Sounds awesome. :)  Make sure ya give a shout to Lunar and Ciosa with your idea so they can give ya a go status on it. :)

The OOC is linked on page one post one of this thread.

The IC threads are linked on the first post of the OOC.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Phaia

oh dear so much changed...i have no idea what to do with rating things from a-f... lol i need to take time to read up it seems

Phaia

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Josietta

Ciosa and Lunar are pretty good about explaining how things work. If you want to either give them a PM or wait they can answer all your questions and hopefully clear out some confusion you may have. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

ebpohmr

Face concept, I choose you! *Launches a PM towards Ciosa and Lunar*

Moraline

Welcome to the group!

And just because you had to go and say "I choose you...."

ebpohmr

Quote from: Moraline on January 23, 2013, 09:28:53 AM
And just because you had to go and say "I choose you...."[/img]

Thanks! *looks at the picture for a second before he desperately starts to look for where he left the darned pokeball*

persephone325

Um... I'm really interested in this, however I've only been involved in freeform games. I don't know anything about tabletop RPGs... Is the wiki page the best place to get informed on this? Or should I just not even bother trying this? lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

ebpohmr

Persephone, I'm still sorting out my character sheet, but trust me when I say that you want to try this game - Shadowrun is amazing. The wiki is an excellent place to start and Ciosa and Lunar are both really great with giving feedback and advice! This game is also using a simplified version of the tabletop rules, so it actually would be a wonderful middle-ground for you to experience.

As for getting informed, the wiki is an excellent resource (Josi has performed wonders with it) - and so are the GM's. Don't be afraid to ask them questions!

persephone325

Quote from: ebpohmr on January 25, 2013, 04:40:02 AM
Persephone, I'm still sorting out my character sheet, but trust me when I say that you want to try this game - Shadowrun is amazing. The wiki is an excellent place to start and Ciosa and Lunar are both really great with giving feedback and advice! This game is also using a simplified version of the tabletop rules, so it actually would be a wonderful middle-ground for you to experience.

As for getting informed, the wiki is an excellent resource (Josi has performed wonders with it) - and so are the GM's. Don't be afraid to ask them questions!

Oh good! I really like the idea of this game and wanted to get involved with it. :-) I was a bit nervous because I didn't thin they would want to deal with a "noob" like me. lol
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

ebpohmr

Quote from: persephone325 on January 25, 2013, 04:59:36 AM
Oh good! I really like the idea of this game and wanted to get involved with it. :-) I was a bit nervous because I didn't thin they would want to deal with a "noob" like me. lol

There's something you should know about tabletop gamers. We find it almost impossible not to try and get other people involved in our hobby. Most of us love dealing with newbies as we see them as potential converts to this greatest of hobbies!

What kind of characters do you usually play in your freeform games? Do you prefer social butterflies, investigators or deadly combatants etc? The better the picture you can provide of the type of character you get the most satisfaction from playing, the easier it will be for the GM's to guide you in making your character here.

persephone325

Quote from: ebpohmr on January 25, 2013, 05:09:40 AM
There's something you should know about tabletop gamers. We find it almost impossible not to try and get other people involved in our hobby. Most of us love dealing with newbies as we see them as potential converts to this greatest of hobbies!

What kind of characters do you usually play in your freeform games? Do you prefer social butterflies, investigators or deadly combatants etc? The better the picture you can provide of the type of character you get the most satisfaction from playing, the easier it will be for the GM's to guide you in making your character here.

I often play females who are a bit shy around people they don't know, but are very friendly once they get to know someone. In another RP, I'm playing a faery who is quite skilled at evasion and hiding techniques. I've never played someone who is very skilled in combat, but I could try it here if the game calls for it.

In a more general description, I play innocent and kind females.
I don't know.

ebpohmr

Quote from: persephone325 on January 25, 2013, 06:06:43 AM
I often play females who are a bit shy around people they don't know, but are very friendly once they get to know someone. In another RP, I'm playing a faery who is quite skilled at evasion and hiding techniques. I've never played someone who is very skilled in combat, but I could try it here if the game calls for it.

The first things the GM's and players will tell you (i know because its what they told me) - play what you want to play. Picture the character that would be the most fun for you to play - or that you really want to play (because we all get cravings). Describe that character as well as you can - the GM's will be able to help you build up your concept from there.

LunarSage

Heya Persephone!  :-)

You are most welcome to come and play with us.  The Wiki is the best place to get acquainted with the setting and with very simple stats we use (though you can rest easy in that as a player you will never have to roll any dice.  It's freeform in that respect) and as ebpohmr said, Ciosa and I are always here to answer any questions.  There is also a FAQ section in the Wiki where we've already answered some important questions and of course there is important GM announcement info on page one of this very thread that you should check out.  We're all pretty easygoing though and we'd love to hear what kind of character you'd like to make.

The only caveat as far as characters go is that your character either be a Shadowrunner already or someone who could easily become one.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Crash

Welcome Persephone.  I am pretty new to this game and everyone here has been very kind and welcoming.  I think you will have a lot of fun. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Healergirl

Seph,

I've been monitoring the game.  Many of the players are familiar to me, and they will be considerate and patient with all noobs.

And will only bite as hard as you want them to.

Moraline

I'm a noob to the game and they let me play!   *runs amok*

The wiki is mostly just background information about the world that we're in, prices of things, and the effects of certain abilities that you can choose.

Ciosa

Quote from: persephone325 on January 25, 2013, 06:06:43 AM

Persephone, send a PM to Lunar and myself and I'm sure we can help flesh out some character ideas.

Josietta

Thank you for the compliment Iain!  *snugs*

We'd love more people to come play! Its a lot of fun and as its been mentioned before.. we're all pretty easy going and welcoming to new people, whether you've done tabletop role play or not. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Yay! So many friendly people! lol And I see HG as well! :P

Quote from: Ciosa on January 25, 2013, 11:04:34 AM
Persephone, send a PM to Lunar and myself and I'm sure we can help flesh out some character ideas.

Would I need to send you a detailed PM of the type of character I play?
I don't know.

Josietta

That'd be a good idea. Just PM it to both Ciosa and LunarSage. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Last of the Great Mikeys

Hello all. Phaia steered me to this. I intend to look through the huge thread you have here and hope to play, cause, well, I played shadowrun waaaay back when it was the 2050's and I miss it! Is there a place for an Ork Techno Tough Guy? You know, the Ork with the almost Troll thing goin'? The idea is a technosammie... technomancer powers that equate to certain cyberwear  as he submerges (initiates) and a bit o matrix skill.

Am I allowed to say things like Chummer and Wiz and "By Former President Elect Dunklezhan's scaly hoop!"? :D

Ciosa

Quote from: Last of the Great Mikeys on March 05, 2013, 01:13:55 PM
Hello all. Phaia steered me to this. I intend to look through the huge thread you have here and hope to play, cause, well, I played shadowrun waaaay back when it was the 2050's and I miss it! Is there a place for an Ork Tough Guy? You know, the Ork with the almost Troll thing goin'?

Am I allowed to say things like Chummer and Wiz? :D

Well, we have one ork street same, but you're more than welcome to play whatever you want!  We've got a little nook of Seattle carved out here. 

And you'd better!  Otherwise we might think you're some salaryman's poser kid pretending to be a big tough shadowrunner to impress the elves.

Phaia

Quote from: Last of the Great Mikeys on March 05, 2013, 01:13:55 PM
Hello all. Phaia steered me to this. I intend to look through the huge thread you have here and hope to play, cause, well, I played shadowrun waaaay back when it was the 2050's and I miss it! Is there a place for an Ork Tough Guy? You know, the Ork with the almost Troll thing goin'?

Am I allowed to say things like Chummer and Wiz? :D
and they say i do not promote the games i am in HA!! *Jabs finger into the air*
we always need more orks..trolls etc...drop by the ooc thread and say hello

Chummer!!

Phaia