Pathfinder wanted a new Adventure!

Started by Sabriel, June 03, 2010, 08:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabriel

I don't really think it is Godmoding as such either myself, I only really wished to better understand what she meant as I was not sure of what was implied by the use of that term.  I suspected that it would be things like she suggested and her methods are not so dissimilar to what I have experienced and seen myself in the past.   I think that they also do make some sense given the nature of forum based things. 

We would love for Kate to run things if she wishes to do so still, I have sent a pm but I figured an actual post here should be made also to keep everything up to date with whats going on.

CharlieSariel

I do rather agree.  This form of "Godmoding" is quite acceptable, so long as player input is looked into.  That's really all I was concerned about, and Kate's answered to that rather adeptly.

I'm seconding Sabriel's comment about wanting Kate to be our DM.  Given what she's said so far, she seems ideal  ^_^

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Kate

Allowed books / references = Those that either charlie and Sabriel hyper-link which are also free-to-use net items without subscription backdrops ...

If a reference can't be accessed it with one mouse click - its banned from relevance.  Period.

Players who are accepted = those that charlie and Sabriel agree to. (not me).
Accepted Players: MUST have alignments compatible with others playing.
Backgrounds: MUST include references to how they are knowledgeable of 2 others in the group,
the specific two can not be shared by another.

Start level 9 = inclusive of racial adjustments.
Starting gold
- standard for level 9 - feel free to use it to have magical items - no need for a character story behind them.

I trust those charlie and Sabriel chose are ones smart enough to figure out why I impose these conditions

RubySlippers

I'll put my hat in as a fighter, just a fighter, they are scary but leave race open for now.

(No I won't do a drow elf with two scimitars ...  ;D )

Leaving my options open but will be a compatable alignment and likely neutral or lawful neutral they tend to get along with folks.

Sabriel

OH great  ;D

I have a few ideas for characters and I know Charlie has something in mind too.

Here is an online collection of the rules and bits available. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

What kinds of races/classes would others be thinking of playing right now ?

Pandamonium

I'm not sure how much of a problem this is gunna be but I've never played DnD, I'm interested to play though 

RubySlippers

Quote from: Sabriel on June 26, 2010, 02:10:21 AM
OH great  ;D

I have a few ideas for characters and I know Charlie has something in mind too.

Here is an online collection of the rules and bits available. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

What kinds of races/classes would others be thinking of playing right now ?

Fighter it may be simple but they have one advantage no one in the game is better at pure combat with weapons, other than no drow elves with two scimitars I'll letting race float for now.

Skystomp

Mmmm toss up between a 1/2 Ogre Barbarian/Shadowdancer and a Saurian Druid...
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

Sabriel

I thought I would add some info about what me and CharlieSariel are sort of planning to play, our current concept that we have been discussing and are in the process of creating is for a rather unusual pair of adventurers.

CharlieSariel is plotting to play a Kobold Sorcerer, not much else I know other than that yet.

I on the other hand am planing to play a rather strange goblin Alchemist, now we won't be the stereotypical creatures of this type, in fact we are planning to be a sort of local oddity in the way that our history together is one of a sort of unusual team of outcasts that has come together to try fit in some niche in the city of Riddleport.     

I am not sure as to the backstory of her character yet but mine never really grew up in her own society and has thus learned from others and has little in common with other Goblins. 

One of the key elements about both our characters is that they wish to fit into the society of riddleport, to this means over the years they have gone from eking out an existence in the gutters and derelict buildings, to attempting to set up rickety cart stalls where they can peddle there wares and services to others.  Nowdays they actually have what may even be considered a worthwhile shop, owning a grand house in the port city which serves as there home and a shop. I should note that the shop itself is more a place that mundane people would go rather than adventurers, there is not by any means a suggestion that they are stockpiling magical items.  But as an Alchemist and a Sorcerer it is how they ply there trade, most of the stuff sold will likely be nonsense and brick a brak, although obviously if you know how to ask for certain services and have the coin they perhaps can be supplied.

Now that all might make it sound like the pair don't ever leave the city but that would be untrue the shop is just there home and base of operations.  It could also obviously serve as a home to the party.     

Anyway as a guideline my character is going along the alignment way of Chaotic Neutral.   

Anyway I will post up a more detailed version of her when I have compiled her story a bit better and have some more input from others. 

If there is any issues with anything so far Kate please say so, our choice of race is not a must and we had both discussed other things anyway, but seeing as you had opened the door on other races we thought we would go with this idea.

RubySlippers

Kate said one click on the web site that would leave out most non-common races unless she changes her mind. Goblins and kobolds are not that. I like them but not sure if its ok with the kindly DM.

I've changed my concept I want to play a half-elven fighter and rogue combo, taking rogue at 1st level so using the 9th level (?) starting level we likely we are looking a practical character that can sneak around or beat in heads as needed - or both. With a smaller group one has to think practical options to. Alignment will be LN or N.

Sabriel

Yeah you may be correct and well if that is what she means then Ill be happy to go with one my other ideas  :P

Id think that she probably meant however that everything should be contained in a site that can be accessed by one click or that any reference from that site could be linked as a one click thing.

Like this hehe

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-lists-and-details/-k/kobold

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-lists-and-details/-g/goblin

I could be wrong of course which is one the reasons why I have provided info on our current concept we are working on so we can change it to fit if appropriate. 

Once we have a good idea what we will have for the party so far I may change it anyway if we are lacking something crucial.

RubySlippers

I love the characters they are great ideas. I tend to be more vanilla in character creation its easier and Pathfinder has many options along basic character classes.

I did toy with a half-ogre monk though. Think scary.  ;D

Sabriel

I can understand that, I am usually very vanilla in my selection of race I usually end up playing a human just so the race is represented in the party. I also tend to play Wizards a lot,  although that's probably something ill avoid playing this time.

Hopefully we will find out soon what sort of group we will have, so I can change if need be, I think Charlie is pretty set on being a Sorcerer something or other though.

Skystomp

For the record, 1/2 ogre monk = awesome.

So what we have so far, Alchemist, Summoner, Fighter and Sorcerer?

I'll go with Druid, that at least will cover some of the healy parts.

Callie Del Noire

Need a rogue? I'm thinking sneaky human, goblin, or half-breed of some sort.

RubySlippers

Well I'm thinking of a half-elf fighter/rogue maybe but if you want to be a rogue I'll go with a fighter, can't beat the games master of weapons. That and they get so many feats its just sick.  ;D

Still will be likely LN or N.

Callie Del Noire

Ruby.. pick which you want and I'll take the other. (Didn't want to step on your warrior idea earlier.. you jumped in first.. feel free to choose which you want)

Sabriel

RubySlippers

Well I'm not sure of the starting level here but I'll play a fighter may not be fancy but they are just wrong in their own way. Race though I'm leaving open there are many options from halflings to ratlings to elves to half-ogre.

Depends on how we are doing stats and what ,if we roll, what I roll.

Callie Del Noire

The specs are posted a little further up...

Level 9, inclusive of racial levels.

RubySlippers

Point buy or dice rolling I didn't see which one Kate is using, maybe I missed it?

I have some character ideas though.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. thinking Half Orc or Tengu Rogue.. (given the outsider races I'm seeing :D) Maybe Kobold depending on the generation method.

Skystomp

To bad you can't be a Changling from Eberron. It's just wrong in so many ways.

Kate

point buy 34 points.

Hey ixy was keen on joining any have issues if she does?

Sabriel

I can't think of any reason at all why there should be an issue.

:)