WitchCraft (Unisystem, Extreme)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, September 02, 2011, 11:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

A Game of Magic and Dark Secrets
They are the Gifted.
Feared for their unique powers,
they have been hounded for centuries,
and forced to practice their Arts in secret.
The time for hiding is over.
A Time of Reckoning draws near.
It marks the end of an era and the beginning of a new one
-- or the destruction of all things.
The choices the Gifted make
will determine what the future will hold.

~An interest check!~ 
~PeaceThatPowerBrings has volunteered to GM for us!~

This game will involve a small group of people, five, who would make up a brand spanking new special Ops force in the FBI.  It would be the job of this team to handle non mundane threats that bleep on the governments radar.  Each member would be hand picked, coming from different sectors, from police all the way to the military, and they would typically not be the sort of people who would come from an established Covenant, or group.

The first mission they'd be sent on, would be to investigate some odd goings on, in a small town in Louisiana.  "Sort of swampland southern mystery..." ~PeaceThatPowerBrings.  And this will just be one of many missions to be thrown their way.

We'd like players to be at least a little familiar with the source material, but not to worry, anyone who is not familiar with the source material, can download the rule book for free, HERE.

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Updates

09/03/2011

• PeaceThatPowerBrings has volunteered to GM!

09/04/2011

• Updated the first post in this thread.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Game and Character Info

Character Sheet

Name:
Concept:

Channeling Magic:

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength:
Intelligence:
Dexterity:
Perception:
Constitution:
Willpower:

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points:
Endurance Points:
Speed:
Essence Pool:

Qualities~Point

Drawbacks~Point

Skill~Level

Power~Level

Character Bio:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Concept:[/b]

[b]Channeling Magic:[/b]

[b]Character Points:[/b]
[b]Spent:[/b]
[b]Unspent:[/b]

[u][b]Primary Attributes:[/b][/u]

[b]Strength: [/b]
[b]Intelligence: [/b]
[b]Dexterity:[/b]
[b]Perception:[/b]
[b]Constitution:[/b]
[b]Willpower:[/b]

[u][b]Secondary Attributes:[/b][/u]

[b]Life Points:[/b]
[b]Endurance Points:[/b]
[b]Speed:[/b]
[b]Essence Pool:[/b]

[u]Qualities[/u]~[u]Point[/u]
[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[u]Drawbacks[/u]~[u]Point[/u]
[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[u]Skill[/u]~[u]Level[/u]
[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[u]Power[/u]~[u]Level[/u]
[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[u][b]Character Bio:[/b][/u]

Character Information

The Gifted

"Gifted characters get 15 points to distribute among Attributes, 10 points for Qualities (up to 10 points
in Drawbacks), 25 points for Skills and 30 points for Metaphysics. For obvious reasons, the Gifted must purchase
the Gift Quality (see p. 86)."   ~ Pg. 50 of the Rule book.

The Lesser Gifted

"The Lesser Gifted start out with 20 points for
Attributes, 15 points for Qualities (up to 10
points in Drawbacks), 30 points for Skills and 15
points for Metaphysics. The Lesser Gifted must buy
the Gift Quality (see p. 86)."  ~Pg. 51 of the Rule book.

The Mundane

"Mundanes start out with 25 points for Attributes,
20 points for Qualities (up to 10 points in
Drawbacks) and 35 points for Skills. They get no
points to buy Metaphysics (and cannot buy any with
extra points gained from Drawbacks), nor can they
purchase many of the Supernatural Qualities."  ~Pg. 51 of the Rule Book.

The Bast

"The Bast start out with 15 points in Attributes, 10 points for Qualities (up to 10 points in Drawbacks),
30 points in Skills, and 25 points in Metaphysics. All
Bast must purchase the Gift Quality, and
High Bast must also buy the Quality of
that name (for 5 Quality or
Metaphysics points)."  ~Pg. 52 of the Rule Book.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'll be the GM for this game. We're really looking for a group of 5 to 7 players, though if you are unsure about joining, keep in mind that the mission structure can allow players to change characters or join and leave as the game progresses quite easily. Furthermore, the game uses Unisystem which is explained through the game book, or for players new to system games, or just to this particular system, I am available to help.

Feel free to direct any questions here, or to me via PM.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

undisclosedtoyou

Mhm, Peace pretty much has it down :)  And like Peace said, the way it'll be set up allows for a lot of freedom, with joining, leaving, creating new characters etc.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

This sounds interesting, however I know nothing about this system game thing if that is alright

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
This sounds interesting, however I know nothing about this system game thing if that is alright

Oh let me just tell you, I'm pretty new to the system thing to, and this one is one of the easier one's I've seen so far.  On the first post of this thread, I link to a site where you can download a free version of the rulebook(where I got mine) in PDF form, and it's mega super interesting.  I suggest downloading it to take a peek, it'll give you so many ideas on what sort of characters you could make.

Oooh, and let me add, if there's anything you don't understand feel free to ask it here :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

mmm I tried but did not downloaded right, can any one of you two add me to yahoo and pass me the book via there?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 05:25:20 PM
mmm I tried but did not downloaded right, can any one of you two add me to yahoo and pass me the book via there?

You have to create an account, which sucks I know, but that's free to.  And than you should just click the get for free link I believe, and than a pop up will come up, saying that your download is in progress, and wham it should work.  Mmm if you did all that and it still didn't work, I can of course add you to my E-mail, and try passing it on.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

I tried all that and still could not get it, if you want email it to me.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 05:36:15 PM
I tried all that and still could not get it, if you want email it to me.

Alrighty, just pm me your E-mail address, so I can send it.  I tried E-mailing it to the yahoo one you have listed, but it didn't work.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

Question, what kind of NC can I expect to find here if I choose to join. Can I make a bast? I love cat peopleeee

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 06:10:30 PM
Question, what kind of NC can I expect to find here if I choose to join. Can I make a bast? I love cat peopleeee

Imma leave this for Peace to answer, since he's the games mojo maker, and keeper of knowledge.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 06:10:30 PM

For NC content, its will be something that will depend greatly on the players. It will be discussed with players beforehand, and it certainly won't be a requirement. Of course, anyone wanting something in particular can be accommodated where possible. This is a sort of dark magical setting, so when it appears happening to an NPC or a player, it will be something serious, and with significant impact.

I'll PM you so we can talk about a character concept.

ShamshielDF

I'll put in a tentative interest...I'm looking over the rules at the moment, but it sounds interesting.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

This is awesome!  So far we have three played characters!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ShamshielDF

I'm currently sketching out ideas and chatting with Peace in PMs.  I will be jumping in with a vampyre character, if that won't mess things up too much?  I have some ideas for her background, though I'm still reading up on the background of the world and the mechanics of the system.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 07, 2011, 09:38:41 AM
I'm currently sketching out ideas and chatting with Peace in PMs.  I will be jumping in with a vampyre character, if that won't mess things up too much?  I have some ideas for her background, though I'm still reading up on the background of the world and the mechanics of the system.

Oh, there's no problems with having a Vampyre character :)

Right now I'm working on my character to, so we're in the same boat.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

WhiteTigerForever

I AM VERRRRRRRRY INTERESTED IN THIS GAME AND IS A WONDERFUL IDEA!!!  I STILL NEED TO LOOK UP YOUR LINKS BUT AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH REAL WITCHCRAFT AND MAJIK.  I KNOW THE RITUALS AND THE 4 WATCHTOWER QUARTERS, THE PLACEMENT AND LINE UP OF THE RULERSHIPS... AS WELL AS THE ZENITH AND AZIMUTH POINTS FOR CREATING YOUR CIRCLE, THE DIRECTING OF ENERGY, SUMMONINGS, ALL THE GOOD STUFF... I WOULD ADORE BEING APART OF THIS!  XD

BUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT I AM NOT FAMILIAR AT ALL WITH THE GAME SYSTEM OR HOW TO USE IT NOR REALLY WANT TO DO THE DICE ROLLING STUFF AS AN O.C. HIGH FANTAS WRITER... DOES THAT RULE ME OUT?  LET ME KNOW AND MY CHARACTERS CAN BE PRETTY COOL..IF I CAN FLOW WITH THE RP AND LOTS OF GROUP DISCUSSION, COORIDINATION, PLOT, AND COMMUNICATIONS!

ONCE I FIND OUT AND THE TYPES OF CHARACTERS NEEDED, ETC.. AND CAN STILL BE IN THE GAME, THEN I WILL BEGIN WORKING ON MY CHARACTER.
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Hellion000

I really really really suck at forums games. I'm willing to give it a shot though, based on my love of new game systems. But, I'd like to partner up with someone to discuss characters with so I have more of an incentive to keep at it.

Edit to Add:

Drivethru lets you access via FB, so if you have an account on FB just do it that way. No joining, nothing but clicking two buttons.

PeacethatPowerbrings

WhiteTigerForever - I would suggest reading the core book first, but unfamiliarity with system games isn't necessarily a problem at all. I'm always available to help, and the Unisystem, that WitchCraft uses is actually fairly easy to understand in play.

Hellion - I am always available to discuss characters, so feel free to PM me.

undisclosedtoyou

I'm almost done with my character sheet, so when it's done, I'll post it up for everyone to see. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

MasterMischief

I am familiar with the Unisystem and I have the core book, but I am not familiar with the setting.  Could I play a mundane and learn the setting as my character does?

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 07, 2011, 06:05:23 PM
WhiteTigerForever - I would suggest reading the core book first, but unfamiliarity with system games isn't necessarily a problem at all. I'm always available to help, and the Unisystem, that WitchCraft uses is actually fairly easy to understand in play.

Hellion - I am always available to discuss characters, so feel free to PM me.

thanks so much and I clicked on the link but it was to a forum.. do I need to join..etc.. and I need to find out if it fits my freestyle use of majik in games and rl..XD!!

and Hellion... roflmao  *hugs*

*hugs and tackles MasterChief and his Llama!*
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 07, 2011, 06:51:32 PM
I am familiar with the Unisystem and I have the core book, but I am not familiar with the setting.  Could I play a mundane and learn the setting as my character does?

Yes, absolutely.