LF Pathfinder GM for Planescape Rock(?) Band on Tour

Started by Chanticleer, July 25, 2018, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chanticleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on July 25, 2018, 09:24:21 PM
If we start at level 5, I am totally taking a Leadership Feat to have groupies. :P Because fuck it :P

You don't take a Leadership Feat to have groupies, silly person!

You take a Leadership Feat to have groupies that you can control (As opposed to the ones who try to kidnap you off to a dark barn somewhere and keep you in the basement playing for them and fulfilling their dark, lustful desires).

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 25, 2018, 09:24:48 PM
You know what? Count me interested... someone else gotta run it though, 'cause yall spammed my thread with this  :P

Quote from: Hunter on July 25, 2018, 09:25:11 PM
You're assuming that they actually care who's clothes they're wearing.   And now, I have to find the unchained summoner.....

Hmpf. Maybe MYNX doesn't care, but she makes all of his dresses smell like PERVERTED GNOME.

Damn, he needs a name.

EDIT: Thorne, something's wrong with the image link for your character?
My current O/os (need work)

Bibliophilia

You said you liked that smell!  -huff.-  At least she doesn't molt in them!

Chulanowa

You're not showing me anything that Berke Breathed didn't already.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Chanticleer on July 25, 2018, 09:36:58 PM
You don't take a Leadership Feat to have groupies, silly person!

You take a Leadership Feat to have groupies that you can control (As opposed to the ones who try to kidnap you off to a dark barn somewhere and keep you in the basement playing for them and fulfilling their dark, lustful desires).

Exactly :P
I take Leadership Feats to have Groupies that can keep the crazier groupies under control :P
My "Followers" will be my fanclub :P :P
My rabble rousing, rioting, evil fanclub. That I also drain of blood and occasionally fuck.

Still not sure whether she'd be a futa or not. xD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Hunter

If you need to ask....the answer is probably yes.

Thorne

I mean, unless the group already having one means anything?

(.. I have /one/ in my entire folder, and Cyrellia is that one...)
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Chanticleer

I'm kind of wishing I was more into GMing than playing this, now, because I can see this being a very easy sort of serial-scenario thing.

It's not got an overall plot arc, it's just 'throw the problem blocking tonight's show at the party and run screaming.'

"Your road manager's terribly upset. Seems the place you were playing tonight was double-booked by the local Pharasman Choir, and they're already setting up. You have four hours to make sure none of their handbills remain, all of yours are up, and they somehow don't make it to the show. All eighty of them. GO," etc., ad infinitum.

Chulanowa

Agreed, this is -perfect- for episodic styles, with the occasional scooby doo or on the road" subplot. 'Cause what was "Pick of Destiny" but a hero's journey culminating in a dungeon crawl and boss fight?!

Hunter

Or a case of wondering who switched the usual music selection with the summoning spell for a greater demon lord.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 25, 2018, 09:49:52 PM
Agreed, this is -perfect- for episodic styles, with the occasional scooby doo or on the road" subplot. 'Cause what was "Pick of Destiny" but a hero's journey culminating in a dungeon crawl and boss fight?!

Exactly!!!

Quote from: Hunter on July 25, 2018, 09:51:01 PM
Or a case of wondering who switched the usual music selection with the summoning spell for a greater demon lord.

No, I think, no, wait, you've got that backwards. We spent a LOT of gold on that stage effects budget and our fans are EXPECTING a greater demon lord...

We've got two choices. Find another virgin (they magically cease to exist within fifty feet of any band member) or dress Mynx up as a greater demon lord and hope the real one doesn't get offended...

*Steeples fingers*

Now we just need to find an easy GM with a sense of humor. Good grief, this thread has only existed for an hour...And I'm only responsible for about a sixth of it...

Hunter

Quote from: Chanticleer on July 25, 2018, 09:52:58 PM
Now we just need to find an easy GM with a sense of humor. Good grief, this thread has only existed for an hour...And I'm only responsible for about a sixth of it...

I'd be almost tempted to volunteer except that I wouldn't have a clue how to go about  it.

Bibliophilia

Quote from: Chanticleer on July 25, 2018, 09:52:58 PM
Exactly!!!

No, I think, no, wait, you've got that backwards. We spent a LOT of gold on that stage effects budget and our fans are EXPECTING a greater demon lord...

We've got two choices. Find another virgin (they magically cease to exist within fifty feet of any band member) or dress Mynx up as a greater demon lord and hope the real one doesn't get offended...

*Steeples fingers*

She already owns several sets of demon horns and possesses the Disguise skill necessary to pull this off...all she needs is someone to cast Enlarge Person.

A spell she probably already knows...given she's a perverted gnome.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Bibliophilia on July 25, 2018, 09:59:07 PM
She already owns several sets of demon horns and possesses the Disguise skill necessary to pull this off...all she needs is someone to cast Enlarge Person.

A spell she probably already knows...given she's a perverted gnome.

Well, if she doesn't, my Skald probably knows it :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Hunter on July 25, 2018, 09:53:58 PM
I'd be almost tempted to volunteer except that I wouldn't have a clue how to go about  it.

Don't think of it as having to create a big, complicated game setup. Think of it as setting up problems to solve.

The bands instruments didn't get there on time because (REASONS).

The local booking agency didn't do their homework and has them opening for a bunch of Lawful Good paladins. They must be UPSTAGED!

There's something one of the band members won't go on stage without (M&Ms, drugs, sultry young aaracockra men) and the band has to find a replacement before the curtain goes up.

A teen dragon of the opposite sex is insisting that one of the band members knocked them up and creating a scandal among the local moral majority. Either prove it didn't happen (if the kobold's involved, it may have), silence the dragon somehow, or find some other way to keep the local moral mooks from shutting down the show.

Etc., etc. :)

Bibliophilia

Quote from: Chanticleer on July 25, 2018, 10:00:15 PM
Don't think of it as having to create a big, complicated game setup. Think of it as setting up problems to solve.

The bands instruments didn't get there on time because (REASONS).

The local booking agency didn't do their homework and has them opening for a bunch of Lawful Good paladins. They must be UPSTAGED!

There's something one of the band members won't go on stage without (M&Ms, drugs, sultry young aaracockra men) and the band has to find a replacement before the curtain goes up.

A teen dragon of the opposite sex is insisting that one of the band members knocked them up and creating a scandal among the local moral majority. Either prove it didn't happen, silence the dragon somehow, or find some other way to keep the local moral mooks from shutting down the show.

Etc., etc. :)

What is Deep Speech for 'I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids'?  I have a feeling we're going to need to know.  Also, it occurs to me that we're basically creating the metal fantasy RP version of Josie and the Pussycats.

Hunter

Chanticleer

Quote from: Bibliophilia on July 25, 2018, 10:03:30 PM
What is Deep Speech for 'I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids'?  I have a feeling we're going to need to know.  Also, it occurs to me that we're basically creating the metal fantasy RP version of Josie and the Pussycats.

There you go. Any time a GM runs out of ideas they can just watch a few episodes of J&tP and mum's your coathanger.

Or however that British expression goes.

EDIT: You know, it's SO episodic that we could probably switch up GMs regularly on a 'per episode' basis. For that matter, we could even FRAME it like a mockumentary series...

How would folks feel about rotating GM duties? And is there anyone who'd rather not be part of that? And is there anyone who dares to kick it off? It would definitely assure us of a GM with 'the same vision' more or less...

Hunter

Let's see....Given I'm actually considering overseeing this train wreck.    The first concern I have is the setting?   Is it going to be some variant of modern day or what?

Thorne

Bob's your uncle, but no one is paying attention to Bob.
Also, I feel like Cyrellia should be on backup vocals, blue tongue and all ..

Uh.. Pick something that seems appropriate? Eberron? OMD. The Glitterdust Lounge! The band could be trying to get to play there!

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chanticleer

Quote from: Hunter on July 25, 2018, 10:11:12 PM
Let's see....Given I'm actually considering overseeing this train wreck.    The first concern I have is the setting?   Is it going to be some variant of modern day or what?

Not at all. I'm just thinking standard fantasy setting but with anachronistic musical insanity added in. Kind of like the 'Tauren Chieftains' in World of Warcraft. It makes no sense, you shouldn't try to make it make sense, it's just silly and fantastic and awesome.

Quote from: Thorne on July 25, 2018, 10:12:22 PM
Uh.. Pick something that seems appropriate? Eberron? OMD. The Glitterdust Lounge! The band could be trying to get to play there!

Oh yes. YES.

Hunter

I'm not really familiar with many of the worlds, so pick a setting you want to trash play in.    Since we're going outrageous already, why not go ahead and go with level 20?  No multi-classing though!    I can work up a list of 6 or 8 things that might go wrong and organize them into a list so they can be selected randomly.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Hunter on July 25, 2018, 10:17:17 PM
I'm not really familiar with many of the worlds, so pick a setting you want to trash play in.    Since we're going outrageous already, why not go ahead and go with level 20?  No multi-classing though!    I can work up a list of 6 or 8 things that might go wrong and organize them into a list so they can be selected randomly.

Do you want to take on the role of the band manager, temporarily? This is the person responsible for (1) setting up gigs, (2) getting the band paid, (3) getting the band to perform (especially when they don't want to) and (4) keeping the band working together (when they start getting all tetchy at each other).

Basically 'mission control.'

And remember, if you get tired of GMing it, it's episodic. Find a good spot to roll credits, make yourself a band member, and we'll molest find another GM.

I have mixed feelings about level 20, but I'll defer to others. You don't want the band to be so powerful that 'normal dealings with the local police' (i.e., trying to get your drunk/drug-using/inappropriate race/sexually exhibitionistic band members out of jail) aren't a challenge, for example.

Bibliophilia

Thorne

Maybe L10? High enough to be dangerous, low enough that there are still people who can stomp us into oblivion if we're dumb?

Quote from: Bibliophilia on July 25, 2018, 10:24:34 PM
I'd prefer a lower level...like 5 or below.

This would also work for me.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Oh, God no. Nooooo, not Level 20. That basically makes us world famous *Gods,* which takes the fun out of it.

I was thinking more like level 3 - 5-ish. Not noobs, but nowhere near world famous earth shakers.