Fallout Equestria- recruitment open!

Started by Levi, November 22, 2018, 12:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

So I've had a busy week and haven't been able to work on this like I thought I would. But I am curious. What do people feel is needed as far as group composition goes?

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Raven Rawne

Ah, finally found some time to actually work on my character some more. Also, if needs be, I could switch to a Stable Dweller. Lately I've had some general ideas about playing identical twins, these are often fun, even if rather cliche... So, yeah, just saying that i don't necessarily have to stick to Bright Idea if we need more blue jumpsuits around.

Name: Bright Idea
Sex: Female
Orientation: Straight, but could be "filly fooled" (seduced by a gal)
Cutie mark: A light bulb with two wires forming a circle around it. A red one goes to the left, and a blue one to the right. They intertwine against one another as they go around the bulb, then come back to the place of origin. Their ends are hidden behind the socket of the light bulb.
Pony type: Earth Pony
Appearance: She's average in height, for a mare, and sports a gunmetal grey coat paired with a somewhat unruly, loosely kept middle length combover chestnut mane, and mataching tail reaching halfway down her legs. Her rather unassuming physique has a lean frame, though her legs are well developed from all the walking and working. Glaring from under the flowing locks of hair, are her golden eyes - easily the brightest spot on her entire body, and a great contrast to the otherwise dull palette. From he look of her, she's no teenager anymore, but somewhere between young adult to mid age (30-ish in human equivalent).

Personality: Bright Idea is a bit of a contradiction. Some might argue she's either two faced or even bipolar, for she is known as a sweetheart with a hair trigger. As a vicious choleric, she finds it hard to control her temper at times, which most often manifests in very unladylike speech. While she does love a good rant, and especially in a duet, Bright eventually will cool down and lay her ears flat. There must be something about her upbringing that makes her cling to the idea of nicety, that a smile and a kind word, while won't fix anything, are better than nothing. Unless blowing steam through her ears, Bright tries to be nice, either with a kind word, or offering help if it's reasonable to do so. Who knows, maybe she's actually a good pony, just with some bad temper. Since her work is pretty much centered about salvaging in order to improve pony lives - another thing she must've picked up and it stayed in her mind - Bright Idea tries to have a friendly face for ponies who seem like they are worth the time, or simply have work for her.

History: Born and raised in a little coastline hamlet, Bright Idea lacks any form of formal education, of course. Her folks taught her what they knew, and she wings the rest. Surrounded by scrap on all fronts (to the point of living in a shipwreck turned home), the filly learned that she has a knack for salvage and generally fixing things, even if she can't really tell what she's doing at times. But hey, it works most of the time! Having reached adulthood, she took her bag of tools, and sought a life of a wandering scrapper - a pony who lives off finding salvageable items for sale, and also offering her hoof as a repairpony and general fix-it. While her "career" haven't brought her fortune, or a proper home, she has a chain of clients who either buy scrap from her or point to a place that needs a helping hoof.

Details of cutie mark: It means she's an intuitive problem solver, despite lacking the proper understanding of many things she's dealing with. She knows how to make a lightbulb shine when she wires it to a generator, but she doesn't know even basics of physics to understand what electricity is.

Player name Raven Rawne

As far as the music theme goes, there's something about O.D.D. by Hey Violet that seems to just get along with this character. I also have a fairly good grasp on her special talent level up - namely, using tech she salvaged to actually improve living conditions in the neighbourhood. Though she may need to get some better equipment in her hooves to work with before she realize that she can do more than just haul cables that she then uses to link a rusty wind powered generator to some lightbulbs.

Levi

Great character!

Also loving the twin idea...

Raven Rawne

Thank you, Levi. I tries to make a more... multifacetedand well made version of the basic sketch I provided earlier.

However, since we do have some issues with filling up the roster, perhaps the twins are worth giving a shot. I envision them a bit like Devola and Popola from NieR:Automata - one being more abrasive, while other trying to soothe things out. Or you might say I would split Bright Idea's personality in two and build around the kind and choleric cores. Anyway, it's just a thing I wanted to toss under your consideration, if you guys decide that we may need to focus on the stable dwellers rather than a mixed party with locals.

Levi

If you would like to create twins them I'm happy for you to do so. At the moment we've no real confirmation on numbers as your the only person to actually post a cs sheet. I was thinking of doing a wastelander pony. With bright idea completed we have yet to have stable pony's in the group and I would like to idealy have a group containing both types. However I also try to encourage you to make the character as you see fit and not talor an idea simply because I say so :)

Raven Rawne

Yes, it seems ponies aren't exactly the hottest thing on E. Tell you what - I'll think about the twins, how they could work etc while we wait for other bites. Though it seems to me that if anyone should have a wastelander character it's either you or Chancileer. Simply because such character would be the guide you through real world for the stable dwellers. Remember how Lil Pip was weirded out when she noticed that bottle caps are money?

Chanticleer

Quote from: Raven Rawne on December 15, 2018, 01:03:44 PM
Yes, it seems ponies aren't exactly the hottest thing on E. Tell you what - I'll think about the twins, how they could work etc while we wait for other bites. Though it seems to me that if anyone should have a wastelander character it's either you or Chancileer. Simply because such character would be the guide you through real world for the stable dwellers. Remember how Lil Pip was weirded out when she noticed that bottle caps are money?

I really like how Bright Idea is coming along. There are a few dozen people who turn up on E when you start searching for MLP in all of the forums, but it seems like many of them aren't so interested in FOE. Understandably, I guess, it's kind of the antithesis of the happy cheery fun tv show. We can always shake the tree a little, gently nudge people 'Hey, we're doing X, would you be interested?'

Levi already is working on a Wastelander (I think she was posted last page...Ocean Breeze, I believe?) and I was figuring I might run a Stable Pony just so there was one of us in each 'category,' kind of.

Basically, about the twins, I would recommend that you play what you think you'll enjoy playing, don't play something just because you think 'we need more ponies.'

That's just my two caps, of course. :)
My current O/os (need work)

Ironwolf85

ow, just ow, these puns.

I am tempted to join in.  ;)
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Chanticleer

Happy holidays, everyone! I imagine most of us are busy being with family or dealing with other year-end shenanigans (even if they're year-end business shenanigans). Hopefully things will be a little more active in January.

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on December 25, 2018, 10:44:34 PM
ow, just ow, these puns.

I am tempted to join in.  ;)

The more, the mare-ier!

Chanticleer

Raven Rawne

Still alive!

But yeah, seems like we can't make a liftoff with this thing...

Chanticleer

Seems it has been a month since we heard from Levi, unfortunately.

How many people are still interested?

Levi

Chanticleer

Levi

Quote from: Chanticleer on January 17, 2019, 03:01:12 PM
Okay, are you still interested in running this?

If we can get some writers then totally

Thunder Splash

Color me interested if you still need ponies. I have a few characters in mind i could potentially use.