News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

BRAAAAINS!!! [NC][EX] (need 1 or 2 more)

Started by elfguy, July 12, 2010, 12:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75507.0

The infection spread quickly. No one knows where it came from. People became sick, and then they died, within hours. But then, they woke up again. They became zombies. The police and army tried to quarantine sections of the town, put up barricades, even kill the zombies on sight. Nothing worked, and soon enough they all became infected too. The city went from chaos, to a low, quiet hum, as the only thing walking around were the zombies, looking for more victims.

Amongst them however, a small group of people survived. Only a handful who, for some reason, found that they were immune to the virus. Still, the zombies were violent, and such a small group against a city full of zombies, the odds were not in their favor. So they had to flee, leave town, try and make it out alive, staying together, killing any zombie in sight. This is the story of their survival.

So for this RP think the game Left 4 Dead, or to a lesser extent, Resident Evil. Basically it will be a group of ___ survivors who either start separate, or some of them may already be together, but they will meet up, and then they will face the horde of zombies, trying to stay as quiet as possible to avoid detection, going out of the city, trying to reach the forest. The zombies will be NPC'ed, and everyone can play zombies that interact with their characters as they see fit. Who knows what a zombie will do if it realizes that it can't infect you. Maybe they will try a more forceful way?

To make this more fun, hopefully I'm hoping we'll get characters of many different styles. Some may be every day people, some may be a bit more adventurous, or crazy. There will be action and NC situations. Maybe throwing the slower group member to the zombies would help the others? I'll post my character soon. If you have any suggestion or question feel free to post. Anyone who drops out will be considered zombie food!

Appearance:

Name:

Equipment:

Bio:

Offs:
----

elfguy

Appearance:

Name: Jane Windfield

Equipment: Slightly ripped and dirty army outfit, M4 rifle, hunting knife

Bio: Jane was part of the very first army crew that came to quarantine the city. She is a Lieutenant and was in charge of over a dozen men and women who she had put up various blockades, and try to help out people. She watched all of her companions turn to zombies, while she found out that she was immune. With the city turned to chaos, and the authorities completely dissolved, she abandoned her post to go look for survivors.

Jane is strong willed and likes discipline. When she is in command, she expects complete obedience, but sometimes has issues following others plans. She also despise weaknesses. She has a fit body, and is skilled with both her rifle and hunting knife. Her clothing style has always been somewhat lax, but now especially since everyone she sees is a zombie.

Offs: Death, loss of limbs
----

Gideon

I'm interested but would it be ok if I was to play a male Mercenary?

elfguy

I'm hoping we'll have normal every day people too but it's fine to have a few members be more trained people, yes.
----

Gideon

elfguy

Cool... We also need a couple more, I'm thinking a group of 4 or 5 would be best, a mix of civilians, ordinary people, from all walks of life.
----

Gideon

Yeah we can wait so is there going to be a minimum post length or any rules/restrictions like that?

elfguy

No. As long as it's not one-liners it's fine. I usually go with around 2 paragraphs.
----

Gideon

Ok I can promise maybe paragraphs lol. Could you help me out in finding a pic worthy of a mercenary lol I haven't been able to find any good ones Real or anime type thing I don't care haha.

BlueEyedBard

Can I join as a bartender?

Appearance:

Name: William Taylor

Equipment: brown long sleeve shirt, green cargo pants, baseball bat, .357 magnum

Bio:William Taylor went into the army when he got out of high school, served his three years, moved back to his home town and, with the money he got from the army, bought a small local bar and learned to play the harmonica. His life was uneventful and easy going. He had a small group of friends who went to his bar every night. He drank no more than the average bar owner and lit up once or twice a week after hours. All and all it was a pretty much perfect for him.

Until the night of the apocalypse. At first it had looked like a bar fight had broken out with some weirdos in the back. He had grabbed the baseball bat from under the counter, that he kept there for just that occasion. Once he got close enough he took a swing at the guy who was clearly mauling the other guy. The bat hit him on the arm and the screams rang out into the streets as the attackers arm tore straight from his body, like his skin was being held together by bubble gum. The guy turned on Will and attacked him, Will swung, the attackers head was torn from his body, and then the body went down. Will threw the two bodies out onto the street and locked down his bar. He called the police, no police answered. Will kept calling again and again, all night long.

When the sun came up Will climbed to the second floor of his bar and looked out the window and say the streets littered with the walking dead. What he had to do was clear, he had no other choice. He went to his closet where he had a gun of his father's, a magnum, sorta looked like Dirty Harry's gun. He loaded it and filled his pockets with bullets, and carried the blood soaked bat over his shoulder. It was time to go find other survivors.   

Offs:
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

elfguy

Type "mercenary" in google image search :P
----

Gideon

BlueEyedBard

Tweak your search, add keywords like "Anime" "Male" "Demon" so on and so on. Also patience helps.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Gideon

Appearance:

Name: David Hart

Equipment: AMD-65 and a Desert Eagle .50 Caliber and a key to his PMC headquarters including the Armory

Bio: He served 4 years in the Army, the Rangers and Green Berets to be specific served tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan. After his enlistment expired he decided to leave and join a PMC, it paid much much better. He's seen combat in all corners of the globe in service of the PMC and was on a vacation when the infection started. He's found that he's immune which was weird to him he's been trying to fight his way to the headquarters so he could set up camp there he knew they'd have plenty of food and weapons.

Offs: Death, Mutilation

elfguy

Hoping to get 1 or 2 more at a minimum.
----

Damnedangel

elfguy have to say I love your rp ideas  :D

Appearance:

Name: Lexi Collins

Equipment: two 9mm pistols, .22 caliber rifle, bag of ammo for both guns and a dagger.

Bio: Lexi had spent most of her life doing whatever her parents wanted which included following their choice of career, letting them pick what she did at college etc. But her parents were never around to watch her grow up and often left her in the care of a nanny who never cared where she was. At the age of fifteen she got involed in a gang, at night she spent most of her time hanging out with them but still managed to get to college and keep herself at the top of the class.

The night of the outbreak she had just quit the gang after being with them for five years and had just got home when she got attacked from behind. She thought she was going to get raped or mugged but when she managed to push it away and off her, grabbing the baseball bat she quickly swung at its head knocking it off watching in shock. Only when she got closer and touched its arm did she find it stone cold instead of warm like a recently deceased human's should be.

Just after she touched it she turned round and saw more of the dead with bits missing and limping towards her, she got scared and dropped the bat running upstairs into her fathers study. She grabbed all his hidden guns and a knife thanking him for being paranoid about attacks before trying to call the police. But getting no reply she barricaded herself in the study on the second floor and armed herself incase of anymore attacks deciding to wait it out till morning when she would try to escape.

Offs: Death, Loss of limbs, scat.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

elfguy

Oh sweet! I think we can start, altho I'm keeping this open.. we could use 1 or 2 more.

I'll post the IC link soon.
----

kckolbe

I really wish I could join this, but have started (or at least joined) 4 games in the last week, one of which I am GMing.  Elfguy, you are awesome though.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

elfguy

----

luphawk

I’m in, I’ll have a profile posted by sometime tomorrow.

Question, are we talking old style (don’t even have to walk fast to out run them), newer style (as fast and strong as they were when they were alive but don’t get tired), a mix or some other style of zombie?
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

elfguy

I'm thinking mostly old style, slow moving zombies, but there's a lot of them and they can easily overwhelm. Plus, they still have many of their sensations, so should they take a liking to your character, they may just try and get some action ;) Up to you of course if you let it happen.
----

Robyn Hood

Still looking for one more? I'm new but would like to try this out to start.

I was thinking a regular person, University student seperated from her family and friends. Maybe having picked up a handgun but doesn't really know how to use it.

elfguy

Sure. I'd like normal, every day people though, we are full on military/mercenary/badasses.
----

luphawk

Appearance: 

Name:  Neil tarpay

Equipment:  chain mail shirt, 2 ninja swards ( http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/ninja_sword_set_black_blades.jpg ), 2 police issue glock 9mm’s, a bunch of extra clips and a Jason X mask.

Bio:  before the outbreak neil was (and still is) a geek, he read comics and watched anime and sci-fi (including zombie movies) but he also played amtgard ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amtgard ) and collected swards. 

On the night of the outbreak he was at home watching a movie on cable when the news broke in.  at first he thought it had to be some kind of joke or a made for TV movie but that didn’t seam right.  Then he hired sirens outside and when he looked out his third flour window he saw the carnage.  He fortified the doer and prepared, he knew it was suicide to go out there in the middle of the night so he prepared to try and get out of the city the next day and when he had everything ready he got some sleep.

The next morning he put on the chain mail shirt he had made for amtgard, strapped his swards to his back, put on the Jason X mask he had gotten out of a catalog (wouldn’t want to get any zombie blood in his mouth), grabbed the bag full of food and other supplies he had packed and carefully made his way down to the street.

The zombies in the immediate area seamed to have found something ells to occupy them because at first he didn’t see any, what he did find was a police barricade that had been overrun the night before.  He took guns off 2 of the dead cops and extra ammo from as many as he could find and set out to find other survivors and try to get out of the city alive.

Offs:  death, dismemberment
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

Robyn Hood

Appearance: Wearing a simple top, black leather pants and heels, she is not outfitted for the situation around her.

Name: Melissa Abernethy 

Equipment: A handgun she picked up off a dead policeman (glock 23) and a couple of clips. She knows nothing about it and her knowledge of firing a gun is from what she’s seen in movies.

Bio: Melissa was your average University student, trying to juggle her studies and personal life. She shared an apartment with several friends near the University and was waiting for the bus to take her across town to her parents place. As she stood waiting with the crowd they all watched in horror as the approaching bus suddenly veered off the street and crashed into a group of pedestrians.

She ran up to help, feeling a need to do something although she didn’t know what. She saw the driver who was slumped over the wheel with mortal head wound. As someone went to check on him, he snarled and grabbed the poor Good Samaritan and bit him on the neck. There was screaming and people running and soon she found herself lost in the confusion. Her clutch knocked from her hand and lost with all her belongings.

Turning down an alley she shrieked as an assembly of the dead slowly shuffled towards her. Frightened, she leapt up onto a fire escape, kicked in a window and hid crying in loft of the warehouse she found herself in. All night she sat there rocking listening to the horrible sounds until the dawn and all was quiet. With no food and water she gathered all the courage she could and exited the building. The first thing she saw was a dead policeman, mangled beyond recognition, gun still in the holster. She reached down to take it, looking at all the carnage in the street.

Offs: Death, mutilation, anal