How to grab more interest to my story

Started by Fierbali111, July 18, 2020, 02:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fierbali111

So basically I've been getting pretty sparse interest to my story/ world concept so far and am wondering if I'm portraying it in the wrong light or if it needs some more erotica or whatever else. Any help would be great. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=300479.msg15284108#msg15284108

Nymphadora

Since it is in WorldBuilding not as many people may be seeing it.

What you might do is a small blurb that links to the Worldbuilding thread in the requests area.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Fierbali111

I did do that actually, I just didn't want to give a link to a post with another link.

Nymphadora

With your next bump you could include the text from the plot ideas post in your world building.

I wish I had better suggestions for you. It can be hard sometimes... very hit or miss.

It could be that the heading "(intermediate to advanced writers please)" has intimidated some... You might think of taking that out? Then once you get discussions going with a potential partner, you can see how you mesh with them and ultimately decide if they meet the standards you are looking for.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Fierbali111

Applied your recommendations. True, I think I make it much harder because I'm not looking for a feeeform(or at least less of it) to but one a bit more structured so it can become a full fledged story, or at least a nice chapter.

BitterSweet

I might also suggest adding some ideas of things you want to do, or have happen, or explore in the story.  The link you provided shows some basic starting points but no plot or theme or specific interests.

Example: for the pirate concept - do you want rousing adventure?  Tons'o smut?  Pirate vs. lovecraftian monstrosities?  Did I miss where you talk about who you want to play against?  Male characters?  Female ones?  Don't care?  Even if you want just a non-sexy fantasy adventure, folks generally like to know that and what - in general - type of characters you're looking to play with, as well as general post frequency, hoped for length and so on.