What scenes or things do you find creepy? (from any source, movie, book game..)

Started by Mymar, September 24, 2016, 01:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mymar

I'm looking for inspiration for a project I am working on, and I was wondering what creeped you out? Was it a particular jump scare or the imagery of the moment or what?

Mathim

That whole 'creepy children' thing. Like the twins from the Shining, or Children of the Corn, all that kind of stuff. Children giving you that blood-chilling look, with that serene smile that only something not natural is hiding behind their eyes. Creeps the shit out of me.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

Oh! Seeing something in a mirror that isn't really there in real life, or vice versa, and the moment of discovery of said.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Lyron

Quote from: Mathim on September 24, 2016, 02:42:42 PM
Oh! Seeing something in a mirror that isn't really there in real life, or vice versa, and the moment of discovery of said.
This. I can't remember the movie, but there was this one scene where there was a mirror in the background while the music was building up. The mirror ended up not being involved in the scare in any way, but that was enough to make me sweat.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

TheSithChicken

Quote from: Mathim on September 24, 2016, 02:42:42 PM

I just call this schizophrenia and go about my day.

TotesRider

Dolls. Not like Chuky or regular ass baby dolls but creepy porcelain dolls that are cracked to shit. If you put one in my room i'll smash that shit upside your head... shit gives me the creeps.

Kaspider

Quote from: TotesRider on September 25, 2016, 10:58:44 PM
Dolls. Not like Chuky or regular ass baby dolls but creepy porcelain dolls that are cracked to shit. If you put one in my room i'll smash that shit upside your head... shit gives me the creeps.

Like the dolls the witch used in penny dreadful. They were terrifying.
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.

Mathim

Dhi

Kinetic sound sculpture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWwGAXRXDuY

They translate the random energies of our world, wind, seismic activity, electromagnetic energy, into erratic and unpredictable motion and sound. The ones that produce harsh, arrhythmic sounds like the above creep me. It's sort of like electronic voice phenomena, except there's no pretense of ghosts; it's the voice of a cold, uncaring universe moving around us in unseen ways.

RedRose

That scene in The Others, when you finally see the face under the veil.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Inkidu

Creepy nursery rhymes and poems. Probably because they're meant to be remembered. :P

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on October 01, 2016, 08:59:53 PM
Creepy nursery rhymes and poems. Probably because they're meant to be remembered. :P

I wish, I wish he'd go away...

I can only ever remember the Mad Magazine version:

I think he's from the CIA.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lady Shadow

Anything to do with The Grudge, the noise she makes, the hair, everything. That whole movie was creepy, especially the Japanese version Ju-on.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Kaspider

The scene in the loft of the house in The Colour Out of Space by HP Lovecraft. The man women screaming locked up in that cursed loft. Pretty much creeped me out.
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.

HannibalBarca

The alien on the roof in Signs.  Just the way the little girl mentions it so casually is creepy.  It sets the hair on the back of my neck on end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO7yO24g-Xs
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

terranspirit

Romance that is rushed. When the characters don't really have a lot pulling them together,
yet for some reason, the author/screen writer pushes them together.
Take, for example, The Abhorsen, first book of the Sabriel Series.

The romance between Sabriel and Touchstone was freaking lame.
And yeah, Nix might have bent the lore a wee to sorta have them
in each other's arms. But I'm not really buying it. He's weak and
honestly... she can do so much better xD

When romance doesn't feel natural and is rushed, its a huge glaring, blinding stop sign to me.
Love is only over with both parties quit.

Check out my request thread (I suck at links and BBCode)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=262776.msg12964871#msg12964871