The Hollow: Dream House (NC Extreme (Horror/Paranormal)(CLOSED)

Started by dapoet, October 04, 2012, 12:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapoet

We are cast the roles of a family (Father, mother, daughter, perhaps son) for a paranormal horror story. We will be putting the plot to a vote once the family has been selected, but the basic concept follows:

A small family is looking for a fresh start by moving to a small town after life in the day to day grind of the big city has gotten to them. They find a home, the home of their dreams, and don't hesitate to buy the home and move (perhaps cross country?) Everything is fine when they first move in, but that starts to change shortly after. This is only a rough concept so there is an idea for the family basis. Father has (or hasn't) been unfaithful, trying to repair his relationship with his wife and is probably alienated from the daughter or son, basic premise for what could follow.

Casting is open. If needed we we have ideas for the family as far as photos but are open to writers views as well as part of their applications. Being as this is a casting call for the family we will not necessarily cast the first to apply.

Bloody Rose

Bloody Rose

Sexy Firefly

Please fill out an application:

Name:

Appearance: (Please describe what is and what is not shown in picture! And if you would like to see the pic's we had selected please let us know as well)

Age: (We would like to keep the daughter in high school, it works better for the concept)

Personality:

Relationship with family:

Bio: (Just a little bit about your character)

Please pm your character to either me or Dapoet!-Thanks!

Bloody Rose

Name: Jessica (put last name here)

Appearance: Medium sized breasts (C- cup), long beautiful legs and she is shave from the neck down)

Personality: She has spunk, she just loves to have fun even if that is singing alone in the shower while dancing around. She is a pretty normal girl who loves for music goes beyond normal, she dreams of becoming a singer and has the voice for it. She values a promise and never lies, even if it pains her she would always tell the truth about everything thinking it's better to say the truth and be punished now than for her parents to find out later by accident.

Relationship with family: Daughter

Bio:

She was born and raised in the small family, ever since little she always has been a good girl. Being the queen of the school brought her a lot of good stuff and she slept around a lot however she always was smart about it and used protection. She hates moving to the new house since she would leave behind all her friends from her old school. She doesn't really hang out with her father however she does respect him. Her mother is the woman that she trust more out of her parents, typical for her she fears his fathers wrath if she does something that he doesn't like. She hopes to make new friends in the new school and start over, she would try her best to not be the schools queen this time since it brings a lot of stuff that she really don't want to go through again.

dapoet

Okie dokie folks that's one application for the daughter. Our plan is to have the applications open until we have 3 to 4 of each, hopefully, then we will choose the one that we feel fits the plans of the story, if we find more than one that we like, we might ask for writing samples to break the tie, but that is likely rare.

Thank you to anyone that shows an interest in this story.

dapoet

Because I am bored I am going to put a cast list here:

The Family: (Last name still pending)

The Father:
Open
The Mother: Open
The Daughter: Jessica (Bloody Rose)
The Brother: David (Caitlin)

The Ghosts and others (Taken for plot purposes)
The Old Woman/Maid
The Shadow Dream Man
The Boy next door

Sexy Firefly

Caitlin

Alright. :-)

I was in contact with dapoet earlier today and I'll pm him my submission.

Sexy Firefly

Caitlin

It's pmed. :-)

In word my template took almost 1 full page. I hope that's not too long, but considering it's a complicated character that was the shortest I could trim it down to.

Caitlin

Quote from: dapoet on October 04, 2012, 09:52:53 PM
Okie dokie folks that's one application for the daughter. Our plan is to have the applications open until we have 3 to 4 of each, hopefully, then we will choose the one that we feel fits the plans of the story, if we find more than one that we like, we might ask for writing samples to break the tie, but that is likely rare.

Thank you to anyone that shows an interest in this story.
Either way you'll keep the group small, limited to three to four people?

I think that's actually a pretty good idea, it's easier to manage at least.

dapoet

Well our hope is that there will be writers for the parents and then we have yourself and the writer of the daughter, which is four, then myself and Firefly taking care of the plot and house basically. But you are right, it will be a small number of people.

Caitlin

Sounds great. :)

Now I just gotta hope I'll be accepted. You'll let me know by pm if so? I can post my character's template here then.

dapoet

Caitlin

Name: David

Appearance:
David has a fit body, is slightly taller than his (younger) sister, and has a minimal amount of chest hair.

Personality:
David has a kind personality, but can also be a very stubborn. In general he's empathic and caring, but also shy and introvert. He has two good friends, but most of the time he prefers to be alone. He gets along well with most people, but generally he isn't very noticed and stays on the background. He has trouble expressing his emotions.

Most of his social handicaps are due to the fact that he's a highly functioning autistic, meaning that he's above average intelligent, but lacks the social understanding that normal people have. His handicap doesn't bother him and when he's with close friends or family he acts like everybody else does.

At high school he finds subjects easy, and most of the time classes are boring for him since the subjects don't challenge him enough. As a result, he's easily distracted and spends a lot of time daydreaming and living in his fantasy worlds. He's very creative and has a rich imagination. His fantasy world often blends in with reality, making him sometimes see/hear/feel/smell things which aren't there, or making him see things differently than other people see them. For example, he can view a person on the street and know for sure that this person comes from either the past or the future, due to the way they're dressed and act. He has his own code not to interact with these people and in turn is never approached by them either. He's used to seeing these kind of things and treats these imaginations as a normal part of life.

He values structure in his life greatly, and has trouble adapting to new environments/ dealing with new situations. He has a set system to do things and it's difficult for him to deviate from his usual rhythm. Due to his desire for structure, he follows his parents' rules to the letter and takes what's said literal, even when it's meant figurative. It's also hard for him to connect to new people, and generally he only maintains superficial relations with others outside his small circle.

Relationship with family: Son

Bio:
He was born and raised in a small family, consisting of his father, mother and one year younger sister. As a child he was a quiet boy, who preferred reading, puzzling, drawing, or playing with his toys, over playing with other neighborhood children. He gets along well with his younger sister and never minded playing with her, treating her as a good friend.

As he grew up, his sometimes awkward behavior became more noticeable, and eventually tests revealed that he's a high functioning autistic. Initially David had trouble to accept this, but within two years he grew comfortable with these test results and concluded that it didn't set him that much apart from others after all. If anything, David doesn't really fall under any of the typical cliques at high school. He isn't a jock, he isn't a nerd, he isn't popular, but he isn't bullied either. He can connect well with his classmates, but that's about it. Apart from one classmate, who is one of his two good friends, he doesn't have friends or foes in his class. He is virgin and he never had a girlfriend. He keeps his handicap to himself and only his family is aware of it.

Sexy Firefly

I approve! Very well thought of character! I am sure we will have fun with him! lol!

Caitlin

-grins-

I'm glad you think so, I wasn't sure if he was appealing enough for this game. Some conflicts I can tell upfront about; he's gonna have trouble adjusting to the new house, no matter how great it'll look. New place, new structure he'll have to get used to, new friends he has to make... Yeah, just great for an autistic. :p

In addition, due to his rich fantasy he'll also react differently to the ghosts than normal people would. That by itself will create really interesting settings I think. It could actually be downright creepy for the other family members when he starts talking about how he made a new friend that lives in the basement, and they go look there only to find nothing/ nobody there, except for the cold chill that runs down their spine. I think it'll be pretty awesome. ^_^

Sexy Firefly

Exactly! No I think he will be great, adding a new dimension to the game!

Caitlin

That's what I hoped for yeah. ;D

I also updated my biography and added this to the second last line of his biography: He is virgin and he never had a girlfriend.
I also added this line to his personality: He has trouble expressing his emotions.

I forgot to add that last night. That last one in particular will be a challenge for me, since I really need to show, rather than tell, how he feels. I can do a little bit with thought, but he could be boiling from anger or be really happy, without showing it on his face. Although there will be ways to tell and if he gets really angry or upset then he'll eventually burst. The same with great joy, he'll generally laugh, but he can chose not to and it wouldn't show that he's happy.

I've contacted Bloody Rose too and he's open to a love affair between the siblings. I don't expect that to happen soon, but it could really add something to the game down the line.

Demonica

helvorn

Name: Helen

Appearance: Helen has always been slender and elegant with just the right amount of curve. Even having two children and transitioning into middle age she retained her beauty. She is still slender and beautiful even though there are wrinkles around her eyes and mouth and her breasts sag a bit.  Still, she is athletic and active and her body is tight and firm.  Her hair is a dark-red brown and her eyes are a vibrant green.

Personality: Four words describe Helen; passionate, independent, outspoken and fiercely protective.  She is almost stereotypically red-headed in her personality traits.  Helen deeply loves her children and husband despite his waywardness and has spent her life providing, protecting and encouraging them.  She has settled down from her free spirited days with the burdens of marriage and children but Helen still remains at heart the free spirited and fun loving woman.

Relationship with family: Mother

Bio: Helen was born in Ireland and lived there for the first 16 years of her life.  Her family moved to the US when her father took a professorial job in a major university.  She loved the US and threw herself into high school and then college with abandon.  In a typical fit of passion she married early when she found she was pregnant and has not looked back.

The last few years of marriage and life have been rough as she has suspected her husband of cheating as well as his increasing anger issues.  Both children are her joy but as they have moved into their teen years they have become more work and more of a concern.

Helen works as a freelance journalist covering horse riding and dressage.  This job has allowed her to travel a bit as well as stay at home with her children.  She is hoping that they might be able to buy a horse now that they have moved to a new city as part of a general reset of the family and marriage.

dapoet

Hey folks, Here is the OOC thread for the story:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154478.0

I will build a character and info thread shortly, feel free to move the OOC to there now if you like. :D