Adventure! Romance! High Fantasy! [UN]

Started by Lunaris, January 01, 2009, 01:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanitosis

Haha, I can imagine a relation like that in an anime that most females are insane for.
Yeah...

Gain favor?

Nirinian

Gain favour, yes. You can interpret it in any way you can. :P
Sorry about lying to all you guys, read about it here.

Insanitosis

I can see her trying to stand up for Vincent, and I can see that all the females in this group are going to play lesbians...

Vincent is a good guy, despite the fact that he is seriously cursed, it adds intrigue to his character.

Silk

Don't choose your characters with me in mind guys, :) it wouldnt be much point having a woman timid around men fi there was no men around. ;)

No my character isnt a lesbian but she is frightened of men, unless someone convincingly snaops her out of her phobia, it is possible.

Insanitosis

Vincent is a priest, or at least disguised as one, he mostly pretends to be celibate if that helps. I can also play him in full warlock mode, and he wouldn't ease her fear any like that.

Worse comes to worse, I can play a female, I do have an assassin.

Aravol

I'd prefer to play a male character, myself. If anything, having one party member afraid of me sounds like more opportunity for interesting and fun character interaction. :D

I would say that I can post probably once or twice a day, at most, so 4 a week sounds good, just so we can all keep up. I've had too many past groups go under because people fell too far behind D:

My concept would be a character from a city, one with a well-stocked library. Enough reading over the years, and he's determined to be a great hero and make a name for himself. More detailed background, once I'm done writing it up, on request. :D

Nirinian

Aravol, I see a great future, where the two of us can argue about the most tedious of things. Maybe my character, albeit a scholar, has more...experience than you, but less knowledge?

Silk

By the way is this a system or freeform?

Aravol

Likely more knowledge, actually. Aravol, in this incarnation, beingst I use that name for so much, has studied stories and legends, reading things akin, albeit not exactly, thanks to this hopefully being a different universe, to Heracles or Beowulf as readily and enthusiastically as some people read Lord of the Rings or Star Wars in our world today. While he might know more about how to slay a Dragon or a Basilisk, knowledge wise, he's not likely better than a scholar. Now, in terms of fighting ability, not to mention sheer will and determination, that he'd have you beat. Seeing him squabbling over little things, though, I can see :)

I'm saying freeform, if only because I don't wan to be playing DnD. Most of the systems I enjoy are hardly known D:

Lunaris

I vote freeform, too. I want people to slide into this easily and without having to learn some ruleset. That said, if you enjoy generating stats for your characters and such, feel free to do so for a personal reference. Almost all of my characters are 3.5e or Pathfinder-statted. I do it so that I can stay balanced and truly have a reference for what my charries can and can't do. I have so many PCs that it's kind of necessary in order to keep track.

Silk

I might go with a puppetmaster sort of class based off of final fantasy 11's, if its freeform. :) Semi martial artist majorly puppeteer of a combat puppet that can be changed to do different things.

Insanitosis

It would help to be freeform, if it has a system, I have other characters.

The character I intend to use for this one, Vincent, is a Demoniac, the result of a botched resurrection where a demon hitched a ride on the soul back into the body. He is the kind of person who tries to resist his new demonic nature, but on occasion his demonic side slips out, usually resulting in chaos. It would make for a nice plot object.

If system, I have a Magical adept/swordsman

Nirinian

@Aravol: Hmm, alright,  but my character could have been travelling with other adventurers, but since he never joined in the fighting, is still considered new to adventuring. During his travels, he gathered knowledge, but I'm not sure as to how much.

Lunaris

*chuckles* Seems like everyone is truly keen on the newblet adventurers idea. Now I must ponder whether or not I have any new adventurers, meself. I'm not sure if I can actually craft something new because I tend to really pour a lot into the process. I might just retcon an old character or modify them for this.

Insanitosis

Yeah, I do have many characters who would work for the setting.
Would Vincent work for this story? I have had a scene playing through my head, the surprise as Arrach awakens from within his body.

Aravol

Go ahead and recycle, it's good for the environment! :D
In the case of characters, it's not terribly taboo; if the concept was good once, why not again?

Ixy

I'm VERY glad to see this going the freeform route.  I like the idea of camaraderie first, adventure second, and think it will be kind of a relief to have a world that's not overly complicated with history and power-loopholes. 

I have a couple ideas that, if it's ok, I'll toss out-- first off, since we're talking about relatively inexperienced characters, I don't think we need to worry about characters who can summon unimaginably powerful forces or who routinely carry out murder, political assassinations, etc.  I think this is one hell of a relief, personally, but it does present a bit of a puzzle-- how to create an inexperienced character without falling into the stereotypes of every fantasy book we've ever read *grin*.  So what's going to make these characters work and be interesting is how they mesh... so does anyone want to start interlacing backgrounds *now*?  Because I get really frustrated by games where all the characters introduced, one by one, and then stand around saying, "well, my introduction was MARVELOUS.  ... what the fuck do we do now?!"  So maybe one or two of you guys might want to collaborate and make a starting relationship, a little background?  I'm game!

If this works, let me know... it's just a very sparse background that I'm interested in playing, but not wholly attached to :)

-my character MIGHT be a half-elven young woman, raised by her hermit of a grandmother and uncle (both humans) in the outskirts near a village of party origin.  Her grandmother was an herbalist, craftswoman, and farmer-- her uncle a bit of a rake, brawler, and gambler (though he worked as a daylaborer when money was tight) She was raised with the misconception that her her parents had died tragically during her infancy, but as she grew up she learned gradually that they were actually adventurers, and that they were actually lost on a grand quest of some sort.  Aside from the scoffing she received as a half-elf in a human's world, she's adapted well and has grown up fiesty, quick-witted, with a love of humor and celebration.  She's very much a tomboy, using humor, sport, and rebellion as a protective measure for her insecurities and loneliness.  She knows woodcraft, nature, and hunting... if we were playing system, she'd be a ranger.

This sound like someone you guys could link a character to?

Insanitosis

Quote from: Ixy on January 02, 2009, 08:24:02 PM
This sound like someone you guys could link a character to?
Yes, for all of my characters actually, I am still deciding who to use.

Vincent, the warlock I mentioned, Her grandparents could have taken care of him after his death and resurrection. Perhaps he got to know of her then?

Talan, a swordsman

And my sorcerer character, like vincent, but no struggle for control over his good and evil sides, or sudden demonic outbursts.

Aravol

Well, seems our group just keeps growing @_@
@Ixy; In the case of such a character, it's likely Aravol would know about her parents, perhaps having read about them or maybe even having seen their journals personally. Looking up to such adventurers, it's likely he not only knows more about them, he'll be more than willing to help gather information on them, eventually reconstructing the final quest on which they vanished. Add in the possibility that these parents aren't dead...

Silver

Wow I really like this idea. *nods* I am thinking upon it very hard at the moment.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Silk

My character wouldn't be so much a fighter herself, probally a gnomish tinkerer that does her fighting through mechanical pets called auto-mations, but since they have no movement of their own, she has to actually be the puppetmaster and control them through a mix of technology and mysticism.

It also works towards her timidness of being around others as she doesn't have to get close herself personally, just breaking the generic character setups :)

Nirinian

It's okay. To my character, it would seem strange, and he might want to observe your behaviour, to understand why you're afraid of men :) Which in turn would probably scare you off..:(

Silk

Well the man-phobia allready gives us a angle we can work with in the story, so we allways have that to fall back on if we hit a dead end. :)

Nirinian

My character is quite interested in psychological aspects of life.

Lunaris

Hmm... well...of my characters, I'd say my Changeling Dragon Shamaness is probably the least experienced. So...perhaps I could do a small revamp. I'd been planning to, anyways.