A Star Wars d20...Show of hands please

Started by RogueJedi, December 22, 2005, 06:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogueJedi

Hello all.  I would like to know who all would actually be interested in playing in a Star Wars d20 game.  I have talked with some of you, but if you would please post here, I'd be thankful.

I have a whole slew of info on the campaign I would be running, but I can tell you that it will be in the Rebellion era, actually before Episode 4, and would follow a Rebel SpecOps team.  More info will be released if there is enough interest.

Who's up for it?

Jefepato

Anathanasia

You know from talking to me in PMs that's I'm interested, RJ.  :D
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

RogueJedi

Ok.  The other thing is that I will need a co-GM, but I will wait until I have an idea on who is playing before making any move to get one.  This will be an involved campaign with a blending of freeform and stats.  Mainly freeform, except checks and combat.

shadowheart

Wow .. sounds interesting.  Now, I haven't played d20 ...  Played AD&D when it was still owned by TSR though ....

But if it's mainly freeform, count me in .. I can be coached on the rest *ahemm. :) *

Natalie C. Barney

As long as I can play a hot shot pilot that grew up in space pretty much, and someone can help me do a character. I'm in.

You know a SPACER sort whose parents worked in space and so she grew up there. Maybe a scout.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Scytale

I haven't played in awhile and I never did get any of the books, but I think I remember alot of things. I'd be interested in playing, I just wouldn't be able to be a jedi or pilot type.

RogueJedi

Actually, that's fine.  The time period is between the two trilogies, before the Rebels are very organized.  So Jedi are out.  At most we might, MIGHT have a force-sensitive, but that is dependant on a few things.  Other than that, this will be a SpecOps team, unless you want to play one of the Imperials.

AmberMK

Count me in!  Haven't done a good SW rp in some time...

Natalie C. Barney

Jedi, Jedi...isn't Darth Vader one? *shivers*  ::)
Natalie Clifford Barney

RogueJedi

Yes, but he's a special case.  And we won't be going up against him.

As far as characters, I'm trying to decide upon starting level.  Suffice to say that all PCs will be at the very least level 5 characters...

Natalie C. Barney

My theory you see Darth Vader or the Emperor I suggest we all RUN AWAY! LOL

Heroic does not mean stupid.
Natalie Clifford Barney

RogueJedi

*giggle*

And the Emperor, in a roleplay on this site?  Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!

Jefepato

On further consideration, I don't think this game is for me.

Scytale

QuoteAnd the Emperor, in a roleplay on this site?  Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!

Hmm... I think I just got a great idea for a character for Maiden and Monster.   ;D

Vice

strangely made

AmberMK

RogueJedi

And just why are you shuddering and convulsing on this board Amber?

in other news, I am ready to begin moving forward just about.  I will be posting character creation info within the next day or so.

If anyone needs any help, please contact me.

Soulsemmer

I'd be interested in playing a Star Wars d20. I haven't in a while. Unfortunately, I would need some help with certain mechanics, as I don't recall all of the Revised SWd20 rules, and my book was utterly... well, destroyed.
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Natalie C. Barney

Well I need a character done for me, I was thinking a Scout that grew up in space likely whose family grew up and worked on ships or space stations- cargo transport on huge frieghter etc. So will very likely have the FEATS along those lines and be kind of a tomboyish.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Vice

I know this is unsolicited, but I thought I'd suggest a few things you could do stat-wise for your tomboyish spacer girl (my favorite kind!)

Hmm...no idea how we're getting our ability scores, so this will use the standard point buy from the rulebook . Your final ability scores will probably be better than this...these are just suggestions for how to get the effect you want.

Scout level 5

STR 10
DEX 16
CON 12 (11 +1 from bonus ability point at level 4)
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 12
BAB: +3 (melee atk +3, ranged atk +6)
Fort +4, Reflex +6, Will +3
Defense: 17, Wounds 12, Vitality 13 +4d8 (average of about 30; you'll probably roll better than this)
Languages: Basic, Huttese (bonus from INT; Huttese is a good language for shipping types to know if you were going out on runs to the boondocks of the Star Wars galaxy...otherwise I'd go with Rodian)

Feats: This is the fun part. Scouts get a bonus feat at first level, as do humans.
1st level Scout Feat: Starship Operation (SpaceTransport)
Human bonus feat: Spacer (+2 bonus to pilot and Astrogate, which will make for shorter hyperspace jumps and better manuevers when piloting)
1st level feat: Improved Initiative (+4 to initiative) or Point Blank Shot (+1 to all ranged attacks within 10m, which is further than you think). If you really want to be more of a ship-oriented character, I'd go with Gearhead (+2 Repair and Computer Use)
3rd level feat: Starship Dodge (make sure you put your 3rd level skill points into raising pilot to 6)
Alternatively, you could forget about Spacer and go with Rapid Shot (if you chose Point Blank Shot).

One thing to think about in the future is allocating some skill points to buying Tumble as a cross-class skill (that's 2-for-1) up to 4 (you could do this by level 5, and it would cost you a total of 8 points) in order to qualify for Zero-G Training. It nullifies penalties for operating in zero-gravity, but given that Tumble is cross-class for you, and how limited the use of the feat was, I left it out of my equation.

Skills: Scouts get plenty of these. And you're a human, which means you get even more. Skill ranks are listed first; skill totals (what you'll be adding to your rolls), which include feats and ability scores, are in parentheses

Astrogate 8 (9) (11 w/Spacer feat)
Computer Use 5 (6) (8 w/ Gearhead)
Disguise 3 (4)
Hide 8 (11)
Move Silently 8 (11)
Pilot 8 (11) (13 w/Spacer feat)
Repair 8 (9) (11 w/ Gearhead)
Spot 8 ( 8 )
Survival 6 (6)

Pick two more languages to speak, or raise survival or disguise by 2.

I hope this is helpful. ;)

Natalie C. Barney

Gearhead Feat- she's going to be the woman born on ships not necessarily a fighter sort. So she can fix them and fly them, but I don't she'd fight in Zero-G but would fit the character to be a natural in space. But she can always keep Magnetic Boots around.  ;)

Likely I'll raise Survival by 2, Basic will let her get by and she can speak with Hutts.

Now were is the Millenium Falcon? lol

Natalie Clifford Barney

RogueJedi

Ok, just checking to make sure I got everyone down so far.  These are the people who have expressed to me a desire to play this game.  More details including character creation info will be coming after this weekend, and I will see about possibly getting us some boards.

Anathanasia
shadowoftheheart
Natalie C. Barney
Scytale
AmberMK
Vice
strangely made
Soulsemmer
MasterJedi
Soldier Lee and myself.

Anyone else?  As of right now, I am figuring that all PCs will start at level 5.  Other than that, more info. soon.

Auly

Sounds fun I think that I will like to play.   Maybe a force sensative gunslinger of sorts.