[Interest Check] Marvel Heroic Roleplay: The Authority

Started by The Great Triangle, July 07, 2012, 09:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

As long as you're willing to accept jobs with major corporations, they probably won't even need to dispose of you to open up the garden of ancestral memory for development!
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

AribethAmkiir

Oh, come now.  I can't do that, I've got a fan base to worry about.

Primarch

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 09, 2012, 03:26:19 PM
Oh boy.  We're going to turn into a bunch of capitalistic assholes, aren't we.  :P

"And in Today's news, 'Adam' of The Authority has relaunched himself under the new codename 'Captain Red Bull-Ferrari-Armani-Durex XXXXXXL-Man.' "

AKunoichi

Quote from: Primarch on July 09, 2012, 03:24:04 PM
"In twenty years time it'll be discovered to be extremely carcinogenic. I'm from the future, you can trust me. On an entirely unrelated note, what you want to buy is my all natural caffeine scented shampoo-conditioner. Wear the future now!"

"How was I supposed to know you humans cannot absorb beta radiation?"

I think my character probably would sell out if given an opportunity. She'd probably enjoy being a celebrity, it would remind her of the good old days when she was a princess before her sister blew everything up. At least if they allowed her on TV that is.

"Hey terra, convince the humans to abandon there nudity taboos! And drink more Solaid.!"

AribethAmkiir

"Seriously?  I've got to work PR to cover that?  Tell Atom that I'm going to squash an ant that's going to ruin his future, and tell Starflare that's why we run laboratory tests."

AndyZ

Jokes aside, Skyshard is going to run mystical tests before she drinks any of it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

caelcormac

Here is the first pass at my SCIENCE! guy. Still need to work out some milestones.
Edit: Added a Milestone Mostly cribbed from Reed Richards

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Duncan Durant III
Solo d8
Buddy d10
Team d6

Distinctions:
Technology for a Better Future
You don’t own me
Conditioned from Birth

Powers Set: Omni Tool

• Energy Blast d8
  • Transmutation d10
  • Technology Control d8
SFX:Constructs, Unleashed
Limit: Gear

Power Set: Mobility Enhancement Suit
Enhanced Speed/Strength/Reflexes d8
Superhuman Duribility d10
SFX:Boost
Limit: Exhausted

Specialties:
Science Master
Technology Master
Medical Expert
Pyche Expert
Vehicle Expert

Milestones:
The Way Forward
1xp when you reveal a new stunt using Medical, Science, or Tech Specialties
3xp When you successfully eliminate a threat with Medical, Science, or Tech Specialties
10xp Whenever you use find a harmful use for a purely benign technology or a benign use for a purely harmful one

Background:
Duncan Durant does not have a code name. It would do him little good anyway, he has been in the news media since before he was born. He is the son of wealthy technology magnate Duncan Durant Jr. owner and CEO of Durant Heavy industries. Founded by Duncan Durant the first, DHI is one of the world's leading manufacturing companies even before Duncan Jr’s genius made it into one of the world's leading technology innovators as well. Growing up, Duncan III had every advantage and lived a carefully cultivated life to ensure that he would grow up to be a genius like his father and follow in his footsteps. The plan only half succeeded.

After seeing one of his inventions adapted for military use Duncan ran away to see what the world outside of his carefully crafted upbringing was like and getting a taste of how the other half lived, Duncan did his best to break free of his father’s plans for him using his intelligence and his inventions to try and become a hero for the everyman but met with only limited success. His father used his resources and intelligence to attack Duncan and try to drive him back into the fold, and nearly succeeded on several occasions. When Duncan was contacted about the Authority it did not take him long to accept. His father only innovated to make money, but he was otherwise a pillar of the status quo. In order to break free of his father, the status quo would have to change.

Abilities:
Duncan’s mobility enhancement suit is the invention that divided his family. It was originally designed to help with physical rehab and to dive those who had lost function in their legs the ability to walk again but Duncan’s father quickly realized it could be used to make enhanced super soldiers. The irony of using the invention the way his father wanted to in order to fight him isn’t lost on Duncan.

The omni-tool is a recent invention of Duncan’s based on observing some of the technologies inside The Carrier. Taking the form of a large gauntlet with a keypad and display screen on his left hand it uses an advanced form of quantum destabilization in order to transmute matter and its primary purpose is to quickly fabricate any tool, device, or element that duncan might need at a moments notice. The same technology allows it to function as a quantum computer, allowing Duncan to interface with and control any machine complex enough run on electricity. He has yet to test it on any truly intelligent machine, and doubts its ability to override something with a will of its own.

The Great Triangle

Looks like a pretty good character to me,  thugh I'd give the mobility suit enhanced durability instead of enhanced stamina, and if it's a full body metal suit, I'd give it superhuman durability to cover the life support functions.

I'll have an OOC thread and a character sheet thread posted in a couple of hours, once I have all my ducks in a row. 

Ons and Offs

AKunoichi

caelcormac

Nice catch Triangle, that was actually supposed to be Durability. I always get things like that mixed up for some reason. I've gone ahead and changed it, with a bump up to d10 so it is an environment suit.

AK47 - What do you mean 'why no rockets?' did I miss something?

AribethAmkiir

Rockets are overrated?   Besides doesn't Terminator have all the rockets?  He doesn't seem like he'd share.

Latooni Subota

*Kicks in the door*

Did somebody say MHRB? I have a totally normal human I'm working on, that will be up before I go to work. :3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

The Great Triangle

Okay, I've got the OOC Thread Up and Running:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=145602.0

And also the character sheet thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=145610.msg6564590#msg6564590

The current roster we've got is:   (based on people who have made character sheets)

Witch-Queen (AndyZ)
Terminator-Man (Cold Heritage)
Time Traveler (Primarch)
Pop Idol (Aribeth Amkiir)
Sun Queen (AK-47)
Science Guy (caelcormac)
Normal Human (Latooni Subota)

That isn't neccisarily our final roster, and I'm quite happy to have people post in the character sheet thread as guest heroes, backups, or potential supervillians.  It's not likely that all seven players will be playing after a couple of weeks, and I'd be happy to have characters slotted off the team temporarily or permanently to make room for new characters.

Ons and Offs

Cold Heritage

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 09, 2012, 04:34:55 PM
Rockets are overrated?   Besides doesn't Terminator have all the rockets?  He doesn't seem like he'd share.

Rockets are kind of overrated. But yes, my character has all the rockets. Any kind of rocket. Really . . . any weapon with destructive capacity up to the "equivalent to heavy explosives or lightning bolts."

But he will share. Steven is a giver.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 09, 2012, 04:49:06 PM
*Kicks in the door*

Did somebody say MHRB? I have a totally normal human I'm working on, that will be up before I go to work. :3

Awwwww shiiiiit, it's Latooni Subota! We done did it now, folks! Y'all ain't ready for none of Latooni! Y'all ain't ready!
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

caelcormac

Quote from: Cold Heritage on July 09, 2012, 07:13:06 PM
But he will share. Steven is a giver.

Unloading an entire clip into someone isn't "sharing".

Cold Heritage

We'll never make a better world with that attitude.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Primarch

Quote from: caelcormac on July 09, 2012, 07:26:35 PM
Unloading an entire clip into someone isn't "sharing".

That's sharing FREEDOM with the terrorists.

AribethAmkiir

Just cuz it seems appropriate at the moment:  NSFW, no nudity just profanity

http://youtu.be/sWS-FoXbjVI

The Great Triangle

As a note, if Cold Heritage actually bothers to step up his weapon die, he can actually pull out any weapon short of a strategic nuclear bomb. 

(if he can get away with it, though, tacnukes are fine)

Ons and Offs

Latooni Subota

Mimi Mackenzie is your average everyday young woman, who also happens to be lucky. Lucky enough to win the lottery on her 18th birthday. Twice. Lucky enough to survive a plane crash without a single scratch on her. Lucky enough to trip, fall off a bridge, and land inside a spaceship after falling through a time/space anomaly. Did I mention how lucky she was yet? She spent the majority of her formative years skipping school (and not getting punished for it) to play around on the Carrier, slowly learning about it and educating herself in more interesting things like alien languages and shiftship piloting. For a normal person, she's pretty weird!

Despite her absurdly weird life, she's always been a fairly down-to-earth and goodnatured person. Superheroes might be rare, but she absolutely fell in love with the thought of special people fighting to protect the innocent. To her, especially in an age where governments tend to overstep their bounds and not put their people's needs first, the world truly needs superheroes willing to do what's right to protect the people above all else. Of course, not everyone shares her overly naive ideals . . or respects her insistance that she's the leader the Authority needs, despite her finding the Carrier and using it to gather heroes. Such is the life of a (mostly) normal girl, surrounded by superpowered beings.

Name: Mimi Mackenzie
Alias: Me? I'm just Lucky.

Affiliations-
Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Distinctions-
Just a Normal Girl
My BFF is a Spaceship
Oops.

Power Set: Luckiest Girl Around
Luck d12

SFX: Second Chance- Spend 1 PP to reroll when using Luck in a dicepool.
SFX: Versatile- Split Luck into 2d at -1 step, or 3d at -2 steps.
SFX: Black Cat- Step up or double a die (or add 1d6 to the Doom Pool or step up the lowest die to do both) when using Luck in a dicepool.
SFX: Plausible Shenanigans- You may take the lowest die from the Doom Pool and add it to a Luck roll, then step it down and return it.

Limit: Oops- If a roll to inflict stress using Luck fails, add 1d6 to the Doom Pool.
Limit: Growing Dread- Both 1's and 2's count as Opportunities when using Luck, but only 1's are excluded from the total or effect dice.
Limit: Mutually Exclusive- Black Cat and Plausible Shenanigans SFX's cannot be used for the same roll.

Specialities-
Acrobatic Expert
Cosmic Expert
Science Expert
Tech Expert
Shiftship Piloting Master

Milestones-
TEAM LEADER
Your natural leadership qualities come to the fore.

1 xp ... when you first lead a team.
3 xp ... when you defeat a foe without any team member becoming stressed out.
10 xp ... when you either convince a hero to join the Authority or disband your existing team.

SHE DID WHAT?!
Your increasingly implausible streak of good luck baffles friends and foes alike.

1 xp ... when you first inflict a complication on a target with your Luck.
3 xp ... when you pull out a feat of Luck so implausible that allies and enemies alike comment on it's absurdity.
10 xp ... when your good luck saves the world, or your dependance on your luck causes the mission to fail.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

AribethAmkiir

Huh, interesting.  Not what I expected from a leader. 

Latooni Subota

I live to please, Ari. :3

You can expert her to be more of a (probably inept) idealistic leader, getting in over her head with pulling together all this omega-level superheroes and such. Really, I imagine she'd only be tolerated because she found/befriended the Carrier.

AribethAmkiir

Well, at least I know my character isn't the weakest character in the game.  :P  j/k

I like luck as a superpower.  There's some pretty good heroes who use it very effectively.  :-)

AKunoichi

AKunoichi

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 09, 2012, 04:34:55 PM

No I meant rockets as in Jets. Terminator has missiles.

Question? How many of us can fly?