DC Earth Two, Intrest Check (Closed for now)

Started by VoluptuousVixen, August 26, 2013, 11:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoluptuousVixen

If im totally honest it would be so much easier if she has only just got her powers and never met any of the heroes prior to meeting to the game as it sorts out a whole lotta interaction confusion.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Crash on November 10, 2015, 09:13:22 PM
I'll have to think about it.

Eh crash, if it helps,  some of the other players established that we had a side-kick/young hero eague (like young justice or teen titans) 

If you're trying to figure out connections for characters,  it would be pretty easy to say that she was in the league of young heroes

Crash

Yeah not sure that appeals to me.  I think I will back out for now.  My mistake for screwing up the character background, but for now I am not seeing a way to play her they way that interested me.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

VoluptuousVixen

Crash

Yeah she is possible.  I would write up John Constantine but I don't think he would fit very well.  He is not a team player.  I will write up Zatanna and see if I like what I come up with.

Vergil1989

'Raises head at the mention of someone playing my favorite sorceress.'  There's one woman at least I'd be interested in having M'gann sleep with if such a thing becomes possible realistically I mean lol.  Seriously though, Zat was always one of my faves from Young Justice mostly, but her few brief appearances in JLU and other places were awesome as well.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Crash

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 12, 2015, 02:10:45 PM
'Raises head at the mention of someone playing my favorite sorceress.'  There's one woman at least I'd be interested in having M'gann sleep with if such a thing becomes possible realistically I mean lol.  Seriously though, Zat was always one of my faves from Young Justice mostly, but her few brief appearances in JLU and other places were awesome as well.

My take on her may deviate from what you know though.  Just fair warning.

Vergil1989

I'm not against that at all.  Everyone's been different so far, in a fun way, so I'm not concerned.  Besides, Zat from YJ didn't get romantically involved with anyone on screen exactly, but it was hinted she and Richard might have been a thing.  That said, I'm not against whatever you might come up with is what I'm trying to say lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Crash

I am thinking of doing a more alternative take on Zatanna...

Vergil1989

That's not bad at all.  ;D  Makes me want to kiss each and every one of those tattoos.   ;)

JamesSureWould

Deathnote

And another Young Justice member joins the cast!  ^_^

I know she's not really going to be Young Justice Zatanna, but... it's still awesome.  :p

Juggtacular

Quote from: Deathnote on November 13, 2015, 03:27:06 PM
And another Young Justice member joins the cast!  ^_^

I know she's not really going to be Young Justice Zatanna, but... it's still awesome.  :p

Might not be Young Justice but I guarantee "Kcid dluow llits tih ti".   XD

Vergil1989

Crash

I just don't seem to have the time to sit down and write up this character.  I am going to have to pass.

Vergil1989

Well that's disappointing but real life takes priority my friend.  Good luck to you Crash.

Vergil1989

Thinking about putting together a thing for Artemis Lian Crock for Silk and Warden to consider, for when we're allowed second characters.  Gonna put it together here so I have somewhere easy to find it.

Vergil1989

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==
Legal Name: Artemis Lian Crock
Alias: Tigress, formerly known as Artemis.  (Yes, that Artemis, Greek goddess of the hunt.)
Sexuality: Bi-sexual
Part of Gotham Residing In:  Central Gotham

== Physical Description ==  Artemis is a half-Caucasian and half-Vietnamese, teenage girl of average height.  She has olive-toned skin with long thick blonde hair and dark gray eyes.  Artemis is slender in stature, yet has an athletic build.  At the age of fifteen, Artemis had hair down to her waist, which she often kept tied back in a ponytail, both in uniform and civilian garb.  Having grown much taller since the days of the League, of her time with Oliver, Artemis now stands at five feet, nine inches of wiry, compact muscles, packed within a slender frame.

== Persona ==  For the most part, Artemis is a very passionate and opinionated girl.  Always ready with a witty and biting remark, she is intent on proving herself to anyone who questions her.  Artemis conceals her defensive nature with an aggressive attitude, exhibiting a wild temperament that is apparent when people argue or belittle her.  She readily involves herself in confrontations with little to no hesitance.  Not much has changed since her early days, but age and experience has toned down her more aggressive tendencies.  That said, she still has a temper, and she still has no qualms about throwing down at a moment's notice.  Due to her upbringing in a literal 'kill or be killed' life though, she doesn't know how to surrender.

== Key Skills == Expert close quarters combatant-  Like most of the heroes of the day, save Felicity Smoak, Artemis was extensively trained in hand to hand at a very young age.  After she was rescued by Oliver, he helped her hone what she already had, and gave her a purpose outside of mere survival.  So that in turn has given her precision and control in almost any situation, but she prefers long range to close quarters even now despite being more than proficient in both to be a competent opponent with the likes of Dick Grayson and Jason Todd, senior members of the Bat family of vigilantes.

Olympic level acrobatic - She's been training since she was old enough to walk, and not by choice for most of her childhood.  It paid off since she's proven to be very mobile, able to flip off of walls, or off of an enemy's face, while firing on the run as easy as some people breathe air.  Her time with Oliver has only honed her skills to a razor's edge given his ordeals on Lian Yu, his return coinciding with the fall of the League.

Master Archer - Anything from hand crossbows, regular crossbows, short bows, long bows, compound bows to your common throwing knives, she's your girl.  Give her a target and she can put its eyes out at three hundred yards.  Couple that with her Olympic level acrobatics and her close range expertise, and she's more than capable of shooting the wings off a fly, let alone disarming a thug of his guns with a few well placed shots delivered with lightning speed.

Trained by thieves and assassins both - Her father and sister, Lawrence Crock and Jade Nguyen respectively, have spent time among the League of Shadows, and while her sister remained, her father didn't, preferring to go freelance.  That said, Lawrence was ruthless in making sure his 'Baby girl' was prepared for any situation, in the hopes she'd continue on the Crock family line of master criminals, assassins, mercenaries, and worse.  Instead, she'd use those same skills against her own father and sister many times, seeking to be more than another Crock crook.  Even so, she's very adept at finding weaknesses in almost any security system, knows how to crack open vaults, pick locks, and she possesses an extensive knowledge of the same ilk given her father's connections with the criminal underworld.  While her computer skills are sub par compared to some, mainly Felicity Smoak, she knows enough to be able to identify laser trip wires, thermal vision cameras, things of that nature, and how to disable most of them with the tools in her belt.

== Equipment ==

Bolts: Artemis carries orange/brown bolts for her crossbow. She stores them in her utility belt.
Blowpipe: A blowpipe with sedative darts.
Bolas: Weighted balls connected by a rope, meant to entangle people.
Crossbow: She has not given up trick arrows since her Artemis days, as she has at least one bolt that opens as a net. Another dispenses the high density polyurethane foam used by the Green Arrow.
Darts: Coated with a drug invented by Artemis's father, Sportsmaster, which causes catatonia for weeks.  Rarely uses these, but has them in case she ever needs them.
Explosive Pellets: Explodes on impact.
Smoke bomb: A bomb filled with smoke that enables her to get away, quickly and stealthily.
Sword: Stored in the sheath, which Tigress carries on her back.
First aid kit:  Self explanatory
Utility belt:  Contains lockpicks, wire cutters, emergency rations, and a number of other useful gadgets that have saved her life at least once.

== Advantages ==  Artemis is a criminal's worst nightmare.  Given her extensive training since the day she could walk, and a drive to prove herself in everything she does, she doesn't know how to give up.  She'll keep coming at a problem until it's beaten into submission, tied up, or otherwise incapacitated and laid out at her feet.  She's intelligent and street smart, and more than capable of backing up her threats.

== Disadvantages ==  Unfortunately, that same drive to see her obstacles beaten down also tends to get her into trouble despite age and experience making her more level headed, less prone to rash actions.  Her passionate, no bullshit nature forces her to seek out trouble rather than wait for it to find her, and she can be easily provoked if someone pushes her buttons, which admittedly isn't so hard to do on some days.  And because of her unforgiving youth, trust doesn't come easily to her.  Breaking her hard earned trust is a bad idea.

== Background == There are many forms of Hell, and Artemis had seen her share by the time she was thirteen.  Funny thing about being raised by a family of either ex cons or still practicing criminals, you learn real quick how to take care of yourself and only yourself.  Not that she had had much of a choice since her mother, Paula, was in jail, and her father and sister were her only companions, and it was her father that made her life so difficult since he constantly pushed her and her sister to become master criminals and worse.  She still has the scars across most of her body to show just how brutal his methods had been.  Multiple fractures, concussions, bruises, contusions, and more she had collected long before her thirteenth birthday, when her mother finally got out of jail after she was imprisoned when Artemis was four years old.  Despite the extreme physical abuse of her father's unrelenting training, Artemis came out the other end more than capable to take care of herself, and despite his best efforts to literally beat it out of her, Artemis retained her sense of right and wrong, which only grew when she was able to finally put him behind bars, with some unexpected help from Batman himself the same year her mother was released.

Even with her mother freed from prison though, the bullet that took her down left lingering damage to her spine, rendering Paula unable to walk.  Still, they did alright since the older Crock was still able to do a great deal for herself, and friends of her mother help Artemis and her on a regular basis, allowing the young archer to focus on other things.  Mainly her growing connection with a number of other heroes, heroes she wanted to become in her own right, to make up for all the things her family had done already.  That they'd still do for years to come, even after the Justice League's eventual fall several years later.  Still, Artemis was capable, and while she was temperamental and hotheaded on a good day, she received much needed experience as she started to develop her own alter ego, to make a name for herself as an accomplished archer and combatant.  Pretty soon, Artemis was fighting criminals and thugs throughout Gotham City, focusing her efforts on her dad's old contacts that she had been 'persuaded' to meet with more than she'd have liked while she had still been unable to separate herself from his grasp.

From there she'd work alongside the young side kicks, although she wouldn't have called herself friends with most of them outside of M'gann, when she arrived on Earth years later, and Dick, and even then it took some time for her to open up to any of them.  M'gann was more of a sister that she wished she'd known growing up than a friend in those days, once a sense of trust had been built between them and the rest of the old gang.  Things were looking up with her mother back in her life, her place becoming more entrenched with the gang and their mentors, and graduating at the top ten percent of her class in 2010, after years of intermittent home schooling until her mother got out of prison, she thought life couldn't get better.  Then Darkseid appeared, destroying almost everything before what was left of the Justice League, which really amounted to their sidekicks, leaving the survivors, herself included, with massive roles to fill.  Not only that, but Artemis felt guilty for the simple fact she had wanted to be a hero like them, and now the old guard was gone, giving her what she wanted in the worst way possible.

Then Oliver Queen came back to the States, and it didn't take her long to uncover the fact he was a vigilante himself.  It seemed just a little too coincidental that common thugs started showing up with arrows sticking out of them about the same time his return was announced to the public, so she followed him on one of his patrols, inadvertently saving his life in the process.  He probably would have been fine on his own, but that single action saw them working together regularly for four years.  They had a falling out though, and went their separate ways on mutual if strained agreement, her returning to Gotham on 2014, Christmas Eve, and he back to Star City, where he's by and large remained.  The reason why they separated at all isn't clear, but it's rumored it had something to do with the League of Shadows and the fact Oliver made the mistake of trying to put an arrow in her sister's back.  Whatever the actual reason, they've kept in contact, mostly through Felicity Smoak, but Artemis has returned home, to Paula, to her old friends, to where it all began.

Personal Timeline
  1987 - Born on September 12 in Gotham General Hospital to Lawrence Lian Crock and Paula Nguyen.

1991 - Paula is shot and arrested while on a job with her husband.  Lawrence would get away, leaving him to raise their daughters alone.

1992 - Lawrence Crock starts training Artemis basic hand to hand.  Receives her first of many broken bones when a leg sweep cracks her skull on the unforgiving ground when she's tripped up by her sister's attack.

2000 - With the help of the Dark Knight's timely arrival, Artemis takes down Sportsmaster, her own father, and watches him be shipped off to prison with no small amount of satisfaction about the same time her mother's released from prison earlier that year.  Her mother moves back into their small apartment where Artemis does what she can to help Paula get around due to her paralysis from the waist down, and Artemis starts meeting up with the other young side kicks as well on an increasingly regular basis.

2006 - Fights alongside the Justice League and their sidekicks when Darkseid appears.  She's one of the ones that helps rescue M'gann from Lex Luthor alongside Martian Manhunter, Booster Gold, Dick Grayson, and several others.

2010 - Graduates from Gotham High with top marks in nearly every class.  Darkseid appears a second time and takes down the League.  She meets Oliver Queen at the end of the year shortly after his return from Lian Yu, and they immediately hit it off as she trains under him, honing her already considerable skills to a razor's edge.

2014 - Despite four years of working together, one incident forces her and Oliver to go their separate ways.  She returns to Gotham after a brief hiatus in Star City, where she's remained since.

Personal relationships
M'gann M'orzz - She and M'gann were like sisters when she appeared on Earth in 2006, a sister Artemis wished she'd had grown up anyway.  They had their rough patches sure, but what family of side kicks didn't?  Their relationship grew closer though when she helped free the young martian from Lex Luthor's labs alongside several other heroes.

Richard 'Dick' Grayson - They met shortly after Batman helped her put Sportsmaster in prison.  And despite his constant flirting, Artemis came to appreciate the young hero's good nature even though she recognized the sorrow behind his eyes, similar to her own, just not so poignant.  He'd been through his own Hell, and his had been fairly recent, while hers had been ongoing for years until her mother came back into her life.  That said, they trained together rigorously, and because of this, she came to call him a good friend.  Even so, he knows that she'd hurt him severely if he ever made the mistake of messing with M'gann's heart, if he dared to try anything with the martian she considered the sister she would have much rather preferred over the one she actually had.

King Orin - The King of Atlantis might be a giant stick in the mud, but he had been a part of M'gann's life, and Artemis had to admit, the man had her best interests at heart.  That made him alright in her book, but that didn't stop the archer from shooting off the occasional sarcasm laden comment his way even now.  Even so, the fact he'd been there for her for so long, when she herself hadn't been able to be there for the martian, makes Orin one of her more trusted friends and allies, especially in this day and age when Artemis has so few of both.

Conner Kent - She knows about him through M'gann.  He's not a bad guy, but his eerie resemblance to one of her long time heroes from her youth kind of weirds her out, but she's been getting over that since it's become quickly apparent that Conner is nothing like the big Blue Boy Scout, appearances aside of course.

Jason Todd - Like Dick, Artemis has known Jason Todd for years.  She also knows how he died, who was responsible, and the fact he was brought back to life because her sister Jade told her in one of her rare bouts of conscience, since she had liked Jason in her own way and hadn't liked what had come back from the Pit.  So when Jason came back to Gotham, Artemis wasn't surprised by what the Lazarus Pit had done to him, how it had altered his mind, but she could still see the young man she had all but grown up with underneath the rage and pain being brought back from the dead brought with it through the Pit's method of revival.  The bloodlust that came with it might have frightened most people, but Artemis was not easily frightened.

Stephanie Brown:  While they haven't met face to face persay, they still know of each other from their respective reputations which followed them through their school life, just that Artemis's came first, but it didn't take her long to hear about the Cluemaster and what happened with his daughter.  The similarities between them isn't lost on Artemis, but only time will tell if they work well together.

== Character Extras = 

= Face Claim: Sarah Mutch
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ons:  Strong men, strong women, rough or gentle (depending on her mood,) leather or lace, light to moderate BDSM, sensory play (blindfolds, ice, oil, etc,) anal, oral (giving and receiving,) teasing, stripteases, etc.

Offs:  Scat, watersports, pain, pleasure denial, sexual restraints, death, mutilation, etc

Vergil Tanner

== Character Bio ==

Legal Name: Mar'i Grayson / Mary Grayson / Mary Gray.
Alias: Nightstar
Sexuality: Bisexual
Part of Gotham Residing In: Gotham Mid-Town.

== Physical Description ==

Mar'i Grayson stands at roughly 5'7 and is in possession of a slender, athletically curvaceous form thanks both to the rather exquisite genes donated to her by her parents, Dick Grayson and Koriand'r, and the focus that was emphasised in her youth on staying fit and healthy in order to best employ her natural abilities to defend the helpless and the vulnerable. She has long, smooth legs, a slender waist and a modest chest - Earth Measurements place her cup size at 32B - with a smooth and pleasantly shaped face. Long, black hair flows down about her face and shoulders down to her middle back in luscious, healthy curls and frames a pleasingly symmetrical face with a gently angled jawline. Her eyes are a brilliant emerald green - inherited from her mothers Tamaranian physiology - that glow brightly when she is feeling an intense emotion or using her abilities in any way. Much the same as her mother, she has an orange tint to her skin that sets her apart from other females, though thanks to the mixed breeding of her father, her skin is closer to a "natural" human olive than the outright bright orange-pink of a pureblood Tamaranian.

Civilian Wear:

Mar'i tends to favour jeans or short skirts and t-shirts when walking around town in her normal attire, thanks to their lack of restriction to movement compared to a dress and their comfort; she finds herself more at home in more "tomboyish" clothing than "girly girly" stuff, though she has been known to slip on a slinky dress if going somewhere posh or nice. She enjoys shopping despite her more tomboyish tastes, simply because she loves all of the choice that is afforded her in the Gotham high street, but she won't go anywhere near high heels unless going to a formal function; they're very, very difficult to move in and if she learned anything from Bruce, it was that mobility is always key.

Superheroine Wear:

Her costume is very, very simple; it's a single-piece purple half-robe, half-leotard like article of clothing, covering just her groin and backside in order to give her as much freedom in her legs as possible and stretching up and out to reveal an ample amount of cleavage in a low-cut V shape before cresting the shoulders and flowing down her arms in a pair of purple loose-ish fitting sleeves that end in blue arm bracers. Her outfit is accentuated here and there by bits of blueish-indigo trimmings and in one place, a belt, and she tends to use a Tamaranian-style circlet of the same colour with a purple star set into it over her forehead and around her scalp to hold her hair out of her face when fighting and flying. She tends to also wear a pair of dark purple and blueish-indogo-trimmed, thigh high boots to protect the soles of her feet and her lower legs.

== Persona ==

Despite her complicated past and her rather unique circumstances, Mar'i tries to retain the outgoing, good natured persona that she left her own timeline with, despite all the hardships. She tries to offer support to those she considers friends, and believes that loyalty, honesty and dependability are the most important things that you can offer those you love. She is very strict in her high standards, holding others to them just as much as she does herself, probably due in large part to her own experiences with the matter. Being a young girl of the "Next Generation" and being from a family with a kind, understanding mother - from what Mar'i can remember, anyway - and a distant, if caring, father, Mar'i is a bit more free with her sexuality than you would imagine from a woman of her age and her alien heritage. Being raised on Earth of course helped that latter issue, but she is - despite her sexual liberation - afraid of getting close to anybody in this timeline, for obvious reasons given her history. She is loyal but slow to trust, passionate in her interests and intense in her desires but guarded about her own identity - she can't let anybody know who she really is, for fear of what might happen to the timestreams - and fiercely determined to live up to the values and beliefs of those she left behind. She forcibly keeps a cheerful disposition despite the ennui that she feels inside sometimes, and though she largely keeps a brave front up, she is susceptible to bouts of depression and melancholy which is, perhaps, to be expected. Despite her friendly nature, she has a certain edge to her that sometimes makes her come across as a little harsh in her dealings with people, and definitely makes her seem a tad overzealous when fighting criminals and supervillains. She hasn't seriously hurt anybody yet, but she apparently doesn't know how to hold her anger and sorrow in check enough to hold herself back in a fight. Similarly, if somebody breaches trust or betrays family or anything that goes contrary to what she holds dear, they'll soon know just how quickly that friendly disposition can change into one of unimpressed iciness and sometimes outright fury. She may be friendly...but she's far from a pushover, and she has that edge to her that makes her more dangerous than you may otherwise think.

Though she has largely given up on returning home - since there's not even a home to return to - she has not lost hope; she will make her own life in this new Timeline, and try to prevent the same thing that ruined her old home from happening in this one. She has taken up a job as a waitress in a local burger restaurant - and the crime rate has mysteriously sharply dropped since her arrival; imagine that - and lives in a one-bedroom apartment just down the street. She makes enough money from her job and her tips - she's a very good waitress, and knows just who to flirt with to get a bit extra; just because she's good natured doesn't mean she won't take advantage of the obvious tricks of the trade...a gal needs to eat, after all! - to get by, and her "night life" both social and Vigilante provides plenty of chances for excitement and meeting new people. She's content, for the moment, while she figures out her long term plan. She misses her home..but she's stuck in this Timeline. She may as well make the most of it!

== Powers And Abilities ==

- Tamaranean Physiology: As a Tamaranean, Mar'i has the same abilities as her mother, Koriand'r, that are granted due to her alien blood. However, she is markedly weaker than her mother due to the dilution of her genetics with a human (Dick). These are, specifically, as follows:

-- Nightstar's physiology means that her body constantly absorbed ultraviolet radiation from her surroundings and converts it internally into energy.

-- Energy Absorption: Nightstar is able to absorb the ultraviolet energy from other lifeforms in order to restock her own supply of energy more rapidly and allow her to use larger levels of power at once.

-- Flight: Nightstar is able to use her internal energy to take flight at extreme speeds, though not yet as fast as her mother was able to during her prime. Much like her mother, her flight leaves corntrails behind her that appear to originate in her hair.

-- Starbolts: What was done to her mother was done on the genetic level, meaning that her offspring - Mar'i - can also use less powerful versions of her mothers Starbolts, converting the internally collected UV Radiation into powerful external blasts of energy. She appears to lack the ability to produce the "Nova Blast" that her mother is capable of, however.

-- Superhuman Durability: Thanks to her alien heritage, Nightstar is able to shrug off blows that would incapacitate a normal human. Whilst not as durable as some - for example, Superman or Wonder Woman - she can still walk off wounds that would land normal humans in the hospital.

-- Superhuman Strength: She is able to hit harder and lift heavier weights than her size would suggest.

-- Though she lacks the ability to assimilate languages through touch, she does find learning languages far easier than most other people, being able to pick up most spoken languages in only a few days.

Other:

-- Through intensive training with Bruce Wayne, Nightstar has gained an impressive resistance to mental attacks and psychic readings. Whilst not immune, she is as resistant to it as a non-telepath can be without having a super power specifically directed at it.

-- Her brief time with Bruce Wayne and her few interactions with her father earned her basic lessons in self defence. Whilst she is unlikely to be able to take on people such as Nightwing, Starfire, Ra's Al Ghul or Deathstroke in single hand-to-hand combat with any efficacy, she knows enough to get by.

== Background ==

Mar'i Grayson was born to Koriand'r and Dick Grayson - Starfire and Nightwing (Formerly Red Robin) - on 27th April, 2027 in a small town just outside Metropolis. Her early life was relatively quiet as Koriand'r and Dick attempted to raise her in a normal, quiet, peaceful environment whilst striving to teach her about her powers as she grew up rather than leaving her to figure them out on her own. She went to pre-school, then primary school, played with her friends and only occasionally wondered where her parents went every so often in the middle of the night. Her parents, for their part, mostly retired from Vigilante work - only going on occasional patrols if they heard something unsettling, or only going after specific criminals if they passed through - in order to avoid orphaning their daughter. Ironically, it wasn't a super villain or a gang war or a secret government organisation that ended up doing that; it was nature. When Mar'i was only eleven years old, Koriand'r was diagnosed with an untreatable, unknown alien version of circulatory disease. Despite copious donations from the Wayne Empire and dozens of favours being called in from the extended Justice League family, Koriand'r passed away when Mar'i was only 13. Dick withdrew inside himself at her death, unable to properly cope with losing the woman he thought he would be spending his life with, throwing himself back into his vigilante work as a way to distract himself at the cost of neglecting his daughter. Thankfully, Mari's adopted grandfather Bruce Wayne - who knew first hand what it was like growing up without parents - stepped in to effectively raise the girl on his own, doing his best to reinforce and cultivate the values of loyalty, kindness and compassion that her parents had started to instil in her...of course, some of Bruce Wayne's own old personality rubbed off on her, and she soon set out as a vigilante in her own right.

When she reached the age of 18 - and after a couple of years of Bruce desperately combating his most dangerous foe yet; a teenage daughter - she had come to not despise her biological father but instead pity him, though their relationship was admittedly rather strained due to his years of neglect. He, to his credit, realised upon meeting her on the streets of Star City how much he had missed and how much he had ended up wallowing in his own self pity, and tried to make amends...but Mar'i was of the opinion that it was too little, too late. Though she didn't dislike her father, she also didn't have time for him. Why should she, when he never made time for her? Unfortunately, the family squabble was about to get worse...when Kansas was destroyed by an unknown assailant, two rival Hero groups emerged from the ashes; Superman stepped out of retirement to reform the Justice League, which Dick joined, and Bruce Wayne similarly re-donned the Cowl to head up "The Outsiders," a group of slightly more shadowy and obscure young heroes whose methods sometimes got under the JL's skin. Just as conflict between the two groups began to boil over into full-scale war...history diverged, as it so often does. Brainiac, finally recovered from his final defeat at the hands of the JLA and the united heroes of Earth thirty years previously, returned and attacked the Earth. Over the course of two years, the JL and The Outsiders were forced to put aside their differences to fight against him...and soon enough, Mar'i and Dick were, after a fashion, reconciled after Bruce Wayne fell in battle and Dick managed to retreat with a screaming Mar'i over his shoulder.

Whilst Brainiac was eventually defeated...it took the life of Dick, too, only half a year after he and his daughter had begun to rebuild their relationship. Mar'i was distraught, and attempted to attack the remnants of Brainiacs exploding ship in an attempt to ensure that he was really, truly dead this time...and the Quantum Drive chose that exact moment to detonate, flooding the space above Earth with all sorts of radiation, most of which was at that point completely unknown to humankind. The explosion caught Mar'i in a Quantum Fluctuation that tore a hole in space and time and pushed her through it, through to an entirely different version of reality. It was the same year - 2047 - but a completely different timeline where Brainiac had never attack and where Dick Grayson had actually settled down with - of all people - Jason Todd and adopted a son and daughter who had likewise followed in their parents footsteps in becoming vigilante's. Crucially for Mar'i...all her loved ones were alive. Bruce Wayne, now the retired, ageing CEO of Wayne Enterprises. Dick Grayson, in this Reality a doting, loving father....and most importantly, Koriand'r, her mother, alive and - shockingly - single (though apparently only a year or so out of a messy divorce with Garfield Logan) and without children. Mar'i had to try very, very hard not to let on about her relations with any of them, though she was able to strike up a friendship with her mother (which was weird at first, but Mar'i got used to it...barely) and get on speaking terms with the alternate version of her father. She continued her vigilante work, though she spent most of her time trying to get used to the new world...until a series of disrupting Quantum Ripples opened a Wormhole above the planet Earth threatening to destroy all life on the planet.

Whilst the reformed Justice League was able to eventually close it, Mar'i's origins came to light during the struggle and it arose that the Wormhole happened to lead back to her own reality, her extended presence being the thing that had triggered the Ripples; whilst random, they had coalesced the way they did due to the nature of the explosion that took her to the alternate universe. Even if the Wormhole didn't take her home...travelling via the timestreams attempt to correct the imbalance would - hypothetically - stop it from happening again. At least, that was what Bruce told her. So, she took the risk and flew into the Wormhole...and arrived home a year after she left, at the age of 22. Unfortunately, it was not a happy ending. The Earth, devastated by years of Intergalactic War had been coated in radiation that made the entire surface uninhabitable, the surviving members of humanity escaping underground or leaving the planet altogether to survive. Left with no other option, Mar'i attempted to return through the wormhole...but the local radiation and fluctuations due to the high level of unstable technology left over from Brainiac's ship tampered with the Wormhole, and she was dumped in yet another Alternate Universe, this time having been sent back in time to boot.

She spent the next year getting used to the new world and the new timeline, getting used to the new villains and the familiar yet younger faces around her. She can't let her parents know that they're her parents in another timeline - that might screw this one up, for all she knows - so she adopted the last name "Gray" and established a cover as the daughter of a deceased Tamaranean exile who died when she was young...not a lie per say, but far enough away from the truth that nobody should suspect much. The last year has been spent establishing herself as a Hero in the community and forging links with the other local heroes in order to try and build a life for herself here...her old home is uninhabitable with nobody left for her even if it was, and the chances of successfully getting back to the first alternate universe are slim to none...so if a new wormhole opens up, she'll stay put. She's had enough of Dimension Hopping for a lifetime. Her friends and family are all dead in her own timeline. She needs to create a new life, a new family, new friends...or she'll never make it through the crushing bouts of despair that hit her when she stops to think about what she's lost.

== Existing Relationships: ==

== Face Claim: ==

Michelle Trachtenberg

== Theme Music:==

Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Tackyhillbilly

== Character Bio ==
Legal Name: Garfield Mark Logan
Alias: Beast Boy
Sexuality: Straight
Part of Gotham Residing In: Port District

Beast Boy is a green skinned young man, with hair to match. Nothing he can do will change that, and honestly, he doesn't let it bother him anymore. He's young, he's fairly handsome, and he can turn into a dinosaur. His life is pretty freaking awesome. Complaining about being green... well, that would be silly. He's rather slender, kind of stick figure like. No part of him in human form looks threatening to be honest, though that appearance is deceptive. His hair tends to be messy. However, even more then the green, his most defining feature is the huge smile on his face. It almost never stays gone for long.

== Persona ==           

Beast Boy is out to have fun. He fights crimes because it is the right thing to do, it is exciting, and he has a heck of a lot of fun doing it. Frankly, it is way more fun then the other side of the equation, which he has been on. He's not stupid, but intelligence isn't exactly his strong point. However, he is actually fairly good at thinking on his feet, using his ability to shapeshift to his advantage in numerous ways. The power has a lot of potential uses, and Beast Boy makes the most out of them. He has a direct attitude, preferring to come at his problems directly. This is the same way he tries to deal with women. Like any young man, he has a healthy libido, and tends to make it clear to girls he happens to be interested in that such is the case. If they aren't, well, at least he didn't bother trying to make something work that wouldn't work. He tries to not let things bother him. The only exception to that is his parents death.

== Key Skills ==

1) Hand to Hand Combat: Garfield has trained with other heroes, and is a skilled hand to hand combatant. Even in human form, he's formidable, though not a match for true masters of it, such as Nightwing. However, he is capable of using the attributes of his forms when in them, meaning that he may be more then a match in open combat.

== Advantages ==

1) Transformation: Beast Boy may take the form of any creature he has ever seen, even if only through a drawing. Doing so takes almost no time, and takes little to no effort. While in the form, he gains all of the abilities of the creature. Strength, speed, gills, flight, if an animal can do it, so can Beast Boy. His memories, personality, ability to speak remain the same in the animal forms. He's theorized that, were he to meet an alien, he could take on the form of creatures from their world as well, but has never had the chance to try it.

== Disadvantages == 

1) None really, other then the fact that in a given form, he is no stronger then that form naturally.

== Background ==

Gar was born to two brilliant scientists, who were exploring possible methods to revert animals to their prehistoric forms, coined devolution. The two were geniuses, but not the best guardians for young Gar. Gar contracted a rare, highly contagious pathogen while playing in their laboratory. His parents knew that within two days of catching it, he would be dead, and so would they, if they exposed themselves to it. The nearest medical care center was days away. So... they made a choice. They injected him the serum. He immediately transformed into a Rhesus Monkey, an animal that was immune to the pathogen. A few days afterward, he changed back... but he was different. His flesh and hair were bright green. However, his parents both contracted the disease, passing away.

Gar was discovered by a family friend the next day. He was placed in the custody of the courts, and given a court appointed Guardian. As Gar aged, he began to transform into animals more commonly, astounding his guardian. The man began plotting to use Gar's powers for villainy... having Gar rob banks and such. The young boy complied, and Beast Boy entered the world's consciousness as a villain. He was only freed from his guardian when one of the last super hero teams, the Doom Patrol. They took the young boy under their wing, and taught him to use his powers for good. It was there he recieved his uniform, with its ability to transform with him. Before, when transformed back and forth, he tended to end up naked. This made the end of them all the more tragic for the young boy. Dorothy Spinner, one of his team mates, had the strange power to bring imaginary beings to life. However, as she used this power more and more, she began to develop psychoses. Eventually, she was unable to control her powers, and the imaginary figments attacked the team. Every member but Beast Boy was killed, and Beast Boy barely avoided death himself. He was forced to kill Dorothy, leaving him as the only remaining Doom Patrol member.

Gar was charged with the murder of his fellow team mates, in a trial that thrilled the media for several months. In the end, the jury did not convict him, but it was a close matter. A lot of people still blame him. Gar went off the radar for a few months after that. He has no friends, no real connections, and no aims. However, the ethos the Doom Patrol taught him hasn't left him. He's heard that while many of the heroes may be dead, the villains are not. And Gar has decided that he needs to live up to his friends example.

== Character Extras =

= Face Claim: Logan Lerman

Deathnote

== Character Bio ==

Legal Name: Garth
Alias: Tempest (formerly Aqualad I)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Part of Gotham Residing In: Nowhere permanent

Standing approximately 5'10, Garth's warrior training has given him solidly built and well-toned body.  He has slightly dark skin, shaggy jet black hair, and bright purple eyes.  He also has a scar on the right side of his face.

== Persona ==
Garth is a bit on the neurotic side with his tendency to be paranoid and pessimistic.  He is a very introverted person and can easily get anxious and shy around other people.  He has a tendency to be quiet, polite with others, and ethical to a fault.  He is a very serious person with unrealistically high expectations, which feeds into his insecurity and inferiority-complex.  He is also incredibly steadfast and loyal, especially to his friends and family.

== Key Skills ==
1) Combat Skills: Adept at hand-to-hand combat and weapon-based warfare.

2) Occultism: Has an extensive understanding of various different types of magic, especially Atlantean magic.

3) Leadership: Has experience leading an army into battle under the banner of his king, Orin.

== Advantages ==
Atlantean Biological Adaptation: Atlanteans have evolved and adapted to survive deep under the sea, leading to several biological advantages when on land.  These include being able to breathe underwater, endure and survive extreme pressures, and prevent himself from freezing in the ocean depths.

Super Human Strength, Speed, Agility, and Durability: Able to lift up to approximately 8 tons on dry land.  Extremely fast swimmer and runner, being able to swim at 85 MPH and run at up to 60 MPH.  His reflexes are about 10-15 times faster than an ordinary human.  His body is also highly impervious to physical injury and extremely resistant to heat-and-energy-based attacks (i.e., Amazo's heat vision).

Enhanced Senses: His ability to see in the murky depths of the ocean allows him exceptional night vision while on land. Tempest has excellent close range vision and he can see particularly well in low light. His hearing is several times more acute than an ordinary human's. His sense of hearing is particularly acute, although, because the rate sound travels on dry land is different than beneath the water, his hearing is directly linked to his vision.  He also has a powerful sense of smell.

Telepathy: Tempest has a form of telepathy which works particularly well on other aquatic life. Unlike Aquaman, Tempest cannot compel any marine life to obey him.  He can only communicate with them.

Magical Abilities:

• Optic Blast! He is able to project purple beams of mystical energy from his eyes.
  • Water Control: Grants absolute control of any body of water, though the larger the amount, the more effort and energy it requires. Also able to create water from the air around it.
  • Mystical Detection: He is able to sense mystical energies including changes in the fields around him and use post-cognition to understand the what and the why of the things he senses.
  • Heat and Cold Generation: Tempest has the ability to generate massive amounts of heat energy from his left hand and massive amounts of cold energy from his right hand.
  • Teleportation: He is able to teleport across the planet using water as a medium.

== Disadvantages ==
Dehydration: Needs to periodically return to water or he will weaken.  If he is trapped in an environment without water, he will rapidly wan in strength and potentially die.

Vulnerability: He is strong and durable, but not invulnerable; small arms fire barely phase him, but concentrated large arms fire or concentrated assault from a super-strong assailant will injure and eventually kill him.

Colour Blindness: He is partially color blind, almost unable to distinguish between black, green, and blue.

== Background == Garth's parents, King Thar and Queen Berra lived in the capital city of Shayeris in the Hidden Valley.  The Atlanteans who lived there were powerful magicians called the Idylists.  Slizzath, formerly Zath, a powerful magician who also happened to be King Thar's brother, managed to gain the loyalty of Idylist radicals and raise an army of the undead.  The Idylist Radicals killed King Thar, but not before he cast a magical spell that trapped Slizzath in an other-dimensional prison.  Queen Berra and her infant son, Garth were driven from their home by the Idylist radicals due to superstition about an ancient Atlantean prophecy.  They sought refuge in the Capital City of Poseidonis where they were taken in by the King of Atlantis at the time, Orin's father.

As Garth grew up, his training in both physical and magical combat began.  He developed a friendly rivalry with another Atlantean named Kaldur'ahm.  When Orin took the throne as the new Atlantean King, Garth did not hesitate to pledge his loyalty to him.  Unfortunately, just as soon as Orin took the throne, a splinter faction called "Loyalists Of The Trident" led a coup against him.  Orin and Garth got separated as they fled the palace.  The young Atlantean teen spent the next few months in search of his king.  His search would eventually lead him to the surface world where he was reunited with Orin and was introduced to the Justice League for the first time.  Aqualad lent his aid in the fight for justice and became friends with some of sidekicks of the time.  When it was time for Orin to reclaim the throne, General Garth raised the banner of his king and commanded an army of his own.  After the war, he stayed in Atlantis and saw to the reconstruction efforts.  He was prepared to leave for the surface once again when the Justice League requested Atlantean aid.  Unfortunately, it was at this time that The Loyalists returned with a vengeance.  With Darkseid's help, they had created a False Atlantis, New Tritonis in an attempt to rival the original and conquer the planet in its own name.  A four-year long war broke out, starting with an year long siege against the capital city of Poseidonis (the Long Night).

During an effort to reclaim Poseidonis' lost territory, the Dawn Offensive, General Garth and his army was defeated by The Loyalists.  He was separated from his men in the aftermath and was nearly captured by the enemy.  He was fortunately rescued by a mysterious Atlantean sorcerer named Atlan, who takes him to the Grotto, a convergence between dimensions where you could spend an entire year inside, but only a few weeks would have passed outside on Earth. There, Atlan began Garth's training in the mystical arts, teaching him various valuable new spells.  They spent a little over an year inside the Grotto, but only a few weeks had passed outside.  After Garth's training was complete, they went to the Hidden Valley where Garth battled against Slizzath.  After emerging victorious, Garth took up a new alias, Tempest and returned to Atlantis just in time for the climactic Battle of the Abyss.

A few months ago, the Mystical Advisers warned of a great series of disasters approaching and that it was going to start in Gotham.  Aquaman left his trusted generals and civil governors in charge and departed for Gotham to investigate this new threat.  Some time later, growing concerned with the apocalyptic prophecy, Garth decided to leave for Gotham as well, believing that his services would be needed there.

Personal Timeline
1990: Garth was born.  Several months later, Slizzath and his army of undead attack Shayeris.  Idylist radicals killed King Thar, Slizzath was trapped in an other-dimensional prison, and Queen Berra took her infant son and sought refuge in Poseidonis.
2005: Aquaman comes to the throne at the age of 20, but is exiled from Atlantis after a faction calling themselves "Loyalists Of The Trident" lead a coup against the new king.  Aqualad also fled the palace and searched for his new king.  The two are eventually reunited.
2006: Aqualad assists in the fight against Darkseid and the rescue of M'gann.  He helps Aquaman in marshalling forces for the reclamation attempt.
2008: General Garth leads an army of Atlantean warriors in the name of his king, Aquaman in the reclamation of Poseidonis.  He remains with his people and saw to the reconstruction effort alongside M'gann.
2010-2012 General Garth aids King Orin in the war against The Loyalists.
Late 2013: Atlan takes Garth to the Grotto and begins his training in magic.  Garth later goes back to the Hidden Valley and battles Slizzath.  He takes up his new alias, Tempest.
Early 2014 The Battle Of The Abyss. No details found on record except that it broke the Loyalist forces and ended with the utter annihilation of New Tritonis and the re-establishment of contact between Atlantis and the surface.
Late 2014: Aquaman departs for Gotham.
2015: Tempest decides to leave for Gotham as well.

== Character Extras == Face Claim:
Tyler Posey

Ons: Click here for my O/O's

Offs: Click here for my O/O's

Vergil1989

Well, M'gann would definitely know Garth given her time in Atlantis.  I love his history by the way Deathnote, he's cool even though the only time I saw him was in Young Justice.  That said, even that brief appearance left an impression since he was pretty badass alongside his best friend Kaldur.

Vergil Tanner

Hmm...if Aqualad gets approved - by the way, I don't mind their shared history - I'll need to clue you in on what actually happened at the Battle Of The Abyss, haha.

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Vergil Tanner

Also, I just edited Nightstar's personality a little.