Zootopia Group RP Interest Check!!!

Started by Wicked Vixen, March 06, 2016, 09:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

(Sandy eyes the chubby porcupine, leans aside to whisper something in her little brother's ear that leaves him blushing, and wanders off to find some handcuffs...)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Juggtacular

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: MisoThe Mouse on April 05, 2016, 12:19:42 AM
Interested, I was thinking of a suave Deer man character. What's the deal with the criminal activities situation though? I was thinking he uses property (A bar, A restaurant, and a small apartment complex) to launder his dirty money. Just wanted to know how far we can go with this crime thing. Lol i was thinking he sells tranquilizers as narcotics or something similar. He would be putting up a front as a decent, business savvy guy who cares about the community, and got lucky in "the market".

So I hate to bring this up as I'm not the GM but we kinda already have a character that runs a legitimate business front for a litany of various illegal activities that are not limited to the sale of drugs and firearms, and he also runs numbers and underground gambling.

But once again I'm not GM, so it's not really my call.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

MisoThe Mouse

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on April 05, 2016, 02:55:42 PM
So I hate to bring this up as I'm not the GM but we kinda already have a character that runs a legitimate business front for a litany of various illegal activities that are not limited to the sale of drugs and firearms, and he also runs numbers and underground gambling.

Thanks for the heads up bud  :-). Yeah  we'll have to wait on our GM, but I wouldn't mind competition *super villain hand rub*. Maybe they know of each other. Or even working for said character, and having something growing on the side. Again, gonna have to wait on GM. But just so I'm clear, there are guns and drugs in this world? 

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: MisoThe Mouse on April 05, 2016, 03:18:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up bud  :-). Yeah  we'll have to wait on our GM, but I wouldn't mind competition *super villain hand rub*. Maybe they know of each other. Or even working for said character, and having something growing on the side. Again, gonna have to wait on GM. But just so I'm clear, there are guns and drugs in this world?

Well both guns and drugs have come up in game so I would say they are apart if the world. In fact drugs is exactly how my character is in good with the strip club owner.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

MisoThe Mouse

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on April 05, 2016, 03:39:34 PM
Well both guns and drugs have come up in game so I would say they are apart if the world. In fact drugs is exactly how my character is in good with the strip club owner.
Like the same kinds of drugs we have? Or are we getting wasted on horse tranquilizers and cat nip?

Mac84

Quote from: MisoThe Mouse on April 05, 2016, 04:00:52 PM
Like the same kinds of drugs we have? Or are we getting wasted on horse tranquilizers and cat nip?

considering the world (and the fact that Tommy Chong is in the movie)

I would say our drugs but with different street names. Ex. "Cat Nip"

MisoThe Mouse

Quote from: Mac84 on April 05, 2016, 04:24:33 PM
considering the world (and the fact that Tommy Chong is in the movie)

I would say our drugs but with different street names. Ex. "Cat Nip"

Oh ok lol. Tommy Chong, ok I gotta watch it now.

Jag

Still reading through everything posted, but I am interested. I've not been on an E hiatus, but I haven't been involved in a game in a long while. I feel like I can handle one group game if people are okay with sometimes slow posting from me. I would prefer to be a reptile or amphibian of some sort. I'll finish readint the thread here and see if I can come up with a character.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Mac84

Quote from: Jagerin on April 06, 2016, 11:12:20 AM
Still reading through everything posted, but I am interested. I've not been on an E hiatus, but I haven't been involved in a game in a long while. I feel like I can handle one group game if people are okay with sometimes slow posting from me. I would prefer to be a reptile or amphibian of some sort. I'll finish readint the thread here and see if I can come up with a character.

Hello Jagerin. We just started, but these are a good bunch of people to play along with.

Sargepepper

Totally agreed. Some real talent here that presents itself. When the main plot gets rolling, I can only imagine how it's going to blow up for everyone :D

Jag

Work In Progress

Player: Jagerin

Name: Charlie D. Scales

Race: Chlamydosaurus (Frilled Neck Lizard)

Sexual Orientation & Status: Pansexual, Polyamorous, well experienced, and currently unattached.

Appearance: See above picture please.

Special Details: Sex is generally determined by the temperature during the mating season. Extreme temperatures tend to produce more females, while mild to average temperatures produce more males. Charlie was conceived during a very mild wet season, yet was born with obviously female reproductive organs. However, her physical features mirror that of a male of her species. She is much taller than the other females of her age, her teeth are sharper, and tends to be more aggressive towards males.

Job: Part owner of "Sun Salon". Place the cold blooded to recharge during the day. Also provides hair and nail/claw/talon work for mammals.

Personality: Charlie is a good hearted lizard. As a child, she was teased by the mammal children. They felt that as a lizard that she must be cold hearted to match her cold blood. She was never picked for any sports, despite her climbing and running skills, because everyone knew a bad weather day would slow her down. Despite having being a lizard held against her, she always smiled and kept her head held high. She refused to let on when/if it got to her.

Her mother described her as duel-sexed. She had it in her to display all of the worst traits of her species. Particularly the aggression held by males towards other males. Charlie became romantically involved with a very submissive frilled lizard and ended up arrested when she attacked a male who flirted with her girlfriend. Charlie broke into his house, trashed it, and physically assaulted him when he confronted her. She received consouling as part of her sentencing.

Since then, she has reverted to her more well mannered side. She minds her own business, never keeps a lover for more than a few weeks, and allows herself to appear as the cold hearted lizard everyone always thought she was.

Alignment: Neutral, good leanings

Powers/Abilities:

Can be very intimidating when her frilled is exposed.
Very good climber.
Mild camouflage based on diet and environment due to time exposed (colors can change over time to adapt to common colors in surroundings).
Naturally good at ambushing.
Extremely good patience with highly irritating situations.

Ons/Offs: WIP

Having trouble thinking of what kind of job she should do. I was thinking a bar tender or something like that. I'm just not sure. Maybe a club owner. The Lizard Lounge. A place for creatures who depend on the weather. A constant sunroom. Kind of like a tanning bed, but serving drinks and having music. So a dance club, but filled with sunning stones and artificial sunlight 24/7...What does everyone think?

Sargepepper

Why not have her as a sunning salon attendant? It seems a perfect fit. Maybe a nail stylist and hairdresser, and uses the tanning bed to "recharge" on her breaks. It's always an option :>

I feel like Lester and her should have had a run in at some point, and stayed friends after that, casually hooking up if the need arose, but mostly there as a disant support if the other's main pillars were used up.

"Hey haven't seen you in a while, feel like chilling?" Would be the text, and then they'd roll in the hay, relax and talk about how things were going in their lives. Kind of a distant depressurize valve.

If that's not okay, that's fine. I just figured it would be cool if they knew each other.

Jag

I would be okay with that. It's good to have some pre-game connections sometimes.

And I do like the tanning salon idea. Thanks. ^^

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: MisoThe Mouse on April 05, 2016, 12:19:42 AM
Interested, I was thinking of a suave Deer man character. What's the deal with the criminal activities situation though? I was thinking he uses property (A bar, A restaurant, and a small apartment complex) to launder his dirty money. Just wanted to know how far we can go with this crime thing. Lol i was thinking he sells tranquilizers as narcotics or something similar. He would be putting up a front as a decent, business savvy guy who cares about the community, and got lucky in "the market".

Crime can be pretty much whatever you want as long as there aren't any bullets or nukes or blades (why do we need em when we have teeth and claws) but rather stun guns and traq-guns are ok because they are not sold to the public. If you have an interesting idea for a weapon that would not violate the first few conditions then by all means go a head and pitch it to me.

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 05, 2016, 04:07:34 AM
Hi! It looks like this is still open, so I hope you don't mind me submitting a possible character application. If it isn't, that's fine, too. :)

(Click for original, uncropped version...I edited this out of a more interesting Rick Griffin picture that accompanied a story in which the porcupine is a two-sentence bit character)

And a more intimate (probably too slender) image by Caribou under the cut

Player: CarnivalOfTheGoat
Name: Molly Vlaminck
Race: New World Porcupine
Sexual Orientation & Status: Virginal. She's not just a porcupine, she's a plump, short porcupine. Unfortunately, all the male porcupines she knows are jerks, and all the males of other species...Well, who would look at a porcupine? She knows she could be cuddly, but others might take convincing. As for females, she's too naive to have even considered that possibility.
Appearance: Short, pudgy-curvy, alternately hesitant or daydreamy. Likes big shirts and sweaters that don't bunch up too much on her quills (she keeps most of her body quills plucked, like other modern porcupines do, so she's actually a rather bunny-fluffy individual beneath it all). Nearsighted and wears glasses (genuine coke-bottle thick-lensed numbers) when she isn't using her camera's lens for distance vision instead. Might be considered "cute." Could potentially be gorgeous if someone taught her how.
Job: Stringer (freelance) journalist/photographer
Personality: A shy creature who deals best with the world through a telephoto lens, Molly is actually a bright and inquisitive little dreamer hidden behind an unassuming front. While she hasn't ever been physically bullied (because she's a porcupine), she has been shunned by most of her peers all her life (because she's a porcupine). As a result, she's nervous when spoken to, assumes her presence is undesirable to others, and she has no social graces worth mentioning. She believes that the only way she can ever change the world is through her camera and her writing, because she can't imagine anyone ever taking her seriously in person.
Alignment: Hesitant Good
Powers/Abilities: Good hearing, good sense of smell, poor vision, good climber, good writer and excellent photographer.
Ons: Snuggling, attention, petting...Everything else is a giant ??? depending on how it's handled.
Offs: Orgasm denial, being alone, being humiliated, being made to feel miserable or small
Player O/Os are, of course, somewhat different.

Molly is fresh out of Zootopia University with a shiny new degree in Journalism and a minor in Photography. So far she hasn't managed to sell any articles to the Zootopia Times, but they did pay her scale for a couple of photographs that were used in an article about the city parks. She spends most of her time wandering around town with a camera, snapping pictures of anything that she feels is beautiful or interesting or newsworthy, in hopes that either she'll find a real story worth telling and selling...Or eventually have enough artistic photographs to convince someone with a gallery that they are worth exhibiting.

(Her spines are about four to eight inches in length, not much thicker than a pencil-lead, and tend to be interspersed through the fluffy fur of her back, scalp, sides and tail, but she keeps everything but her tail and head-spines carefully plucked and she's very, very cautious about not letting her tail brush against people.)

I thought she'd be an interesting kind of fit, given Zootopia's themes of prejudice and the implications that this roleplay will include a fair bit of crossing species boundaries.

Approved please send it to this thread. And you may join our game too!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=246364.0

that is our character thread.

And this is our rp thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=246280.0

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Wicked Vixen

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on April 05, 2016, 02:55:42 PM

Ok yeah I forgot about this.....hmmmm the only thing I can think of is they can be business rivals. If you have to deal in weapons I have an idea but let me know if changing it is not possible. Blue was here first so really he has first dibs and besides his character is already selling to people.. :P

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: Jagerin on April 06, 2016, 03:15:47 PM
Work In Progress

Player: Jagerin

Name: Charlie D. Scales

Race: Chlamydosaurus (Frilled Neck Lizard)

Sexual Orientation & Status: Pansexual, Polyamorous, well experienced, and currently unattached.

Appearance: See above picture please.

Special Details: Sex is generally determined by the temperature during the mating season. Extreme temperatures tend to produce more females, while mild to average temperatures produce more males. Charlie was conceived during a very mild wet season, yet was born with obviously female reproductive organs. However, her physical features mirror that of a male of her species. She is much taller than the other females of her age, her teeth are sharper, and tends to be more aggressive towards males.

Job: Part owner of "Sun Salon". Place the cold blooded to recharge during the day. Also provides hair and nail/claw/talon work for mammals.

Personality: Charlie is a good hearted lizard. As a child, she was teased by the mammal children. They felt that as a lizard that she must be cold hearted to match her cold blood. She was never picked for any sports, despite her climbing and running skills, because everyone knew a bad weather day would slow her down. Despite having being a lizard held against her, she always smiled and kept her head held high. She refused to let on when/if it got to her.

Her mother described her as duel-sexed. She had it in her to display all of the worst traits of her species. Particularly the aggression held by males towards other males. Charlie became romantically involved with a very submissive frilled lizard and ended up arrested when she attacked a male who flirted with her girlfriend. Charlie broke into his house, trashed it, and physically assaulted him when he confronted her. She received consouling as part of her sentencing.

Since then, she has reverted to her more well mannered side. She minds her own business, never keeps a lover for more than a few weeks, and allows herself to appear as the cold hearted lizard everyone always thought she was.

Alignment: Neutral, good leanings

Powers/Abilities:

Can be very intimidating when her frilled is exposed.
Very good climber.
Mild camouflage based on diet and environment due to time exposed (colors can change over time to adapt to common colors in surroundings).
Naturally good at ambushing.
Extremely good patience with highly irritating situations.

Ons/Offs: WIP

Having trouble thinking of what kind of job she should do. I was thinking a bar tender or something like that. I'm just not sure. Maybe a club owner. The Lizard Lounge. A place for creatures who depend on the weather. A constant sunroom. Kind of like a tanning bed, but serving drinks and having music. So a dance club, but filled with sunning stones and artificial sunlight 24/7...What does everyone think?

Looks really good!

Please post your sheet here in this thread.

This is our rp thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=246280.0

Wicked Vixen

Sorry for the many different postings but if you haven't moved your approved character sheet into this thread.

Please do so! ;D

MisoThe Mouse

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on April 06, 2016, 08:37:21 PM
Crime can be pretty much whatever you want as long as there aren't any bullets or nukes or blades (why do we need em when we have teeth and claws) but rather stun guns and traq-guns are ok because they are not sold to the public. If you have an interesting idea for a weapon that would not violate the first few conditions then by all means go a head and pitch it to me.

Nothing too crazy. Tranq-guns, beanbag guns, and rubber rounds are cool with me. I think I'm good to attempt a sheet now

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: MisoThe Mouse on April 06, 2016, 08:48:24 PM
Nothing too crazy. Tranq-guns, beanbag guns, and rubber rounds are cool with me. I think I'm good to attempt a sheet now

Right now we already have a person who is a blackmarket dealer. Would you like to be a legitimate arms dealer (as far as weapons can go of course) you could have some ties to less than legitimate business or maybe if Blue is ok with it you could be the person who supplies him with weapons since he has to get them from somewhere.

Blue Bard would you be ok with that? I am not forcing anything on you please let me know if you'd rather be the only person who deals in arms.

MisoThe Mouse

I'm cool with this if Mr. Blue is. Either way it seems as if our characters would have some sort of a connection if he is a black market type. I'm good with gun runner though if it doesn't interfere with with anyone's creative processes. 

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: MisoThe Mouse on April 06, 2016, 08:55:33 PM
I'm cool with this if Mr. Blue is. Either way it seems as if our characters would have some sort of a connection if he is a black market type. I'm good with gun runner though if it doesn't interfere with with anyone's creative processes.

I'm totally cool with our characters being connected in the criminal underworld. I think I would prefer them not to be competitors seeing as that seems unnecessary and would end up with our characters just competing over who is the better criminal?

I just think the game us more fun when we all play together instead of play against each other (except for our local police bunny of course, still hoping she comes by to see if the local criminal mind knows anything about her kidnappers. He might have something for her  >:) )
On/Off

MisoThe Mouse

Player: Miso The Mouse

Name: Leland "Lee" Heinz 

Race: Deer

Sexuality: Straight, {it would take a very persistent/attractive fem}, looking for playmates not soulmates, experienced

Appearance: See above picture please. Green eyes. Usually wears
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
This Jacket
, black pants and a tank top, if any shirt at all. Athletic build, Celtic trinity knot tattoo on his left breast, and a howling wolf head on his right forearm.

Special Details: User and abuser of drugs and alcohol. Though unless it's an off day, or a party of some sorts one would harldy notice aside from his glossy eyes.

Job: Owner of "The Doe Boy" bar. Gunrunner, Extortionist.

Personality: Lee was raised on Fleet Island. A different city with different crime rates. If you didn't see the horns on his head, one would mistake Leland for a predator for the way he carries himself. Being raised around wolves, he has a sort of hunters confidence that radiates from him. The law of the jungle was learned mighty early for the young Lee Heinz. Fleet Island was no place for the weak, though poverty and crime has a strange way of bringing out the best and people. Lee learned that a simple smile could avoid having to make funeral arrangements.

His younger years where spend trying to see if the proverbial fire was hot. At around 13, Lee started running with some of the local gangs and having run ins with the law. Coming into his teens, he came into more of a leadership position. His ambitions led him to ignore the kindness in his nature. It was at this time that he learned all hearts cannot be won over with love. His record says that the worst he'd ever done was a small jewelry store heist and an assault on a racist wolf. The streets will tell you that "Lee From Fleet Island" dug a few holes in his day. Law of the jungle and what not. Rumor has it that after a few trips to the Pound, he and a few of his gangster palls came to capitalize in Zootopia.

Rumor has it they Extort small time drug dealers and number runners and their front businesses around town. Rumor has it, he recently started running guns through a new connection. But unless you wholeheartedly believe every rumor you hear (or are on the police force, or a criminal yourself and know who "Lee From Fleet Island" really is), you would know Leland as just the friendly bartender. He can be found at his bar at any time of day, because he lives upstairs. Always polite and fun loving, Leland manages to keep the public opinion of him in the realm of kind heated bartender who may have a troubled past. Anyone who knows otherwise, knows better than to speak of it.

Alignment: True Neutral. "I'm just tryna eat ya know? Just don't end up on my plate." (A common line in one his fuck you pay me speeches.)

Powers/Abilities:

Intimidating Eyes.

Years of street combat experience. Boxing/Dirty Kickboxing. Gun play.

Charismatic.

Light on his feet, giving him a better that average run speed and a more that decent bounce.

Ons/Offs: Ons- Bondage, Biting, Choking, Being slapped and teased.
               Offs- Blood, Toilet stuff,