Dragon Kin: Garden of Flames (Still Accepting Applications)

Started by Brittlby, September 12, 2011, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Blank

Oo!  Thank you!  =)

I too enjoyed reading yours as well.  A rather vivid description of waking up from a long slumber.  I never want that kind of hunger.

*goes to get a snack*

VNConsort

Rona Faust

Full name: Lucine Angerona Faust
Species: Kin
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Abilities: Terrakinesis, ability to control geologic materials. 

Naturally is in tuned with the wide variety earth elements including metals, minerals, and stones.

Tragic Flaw: Call it 'thirst for knowledge', but Faust has always pushed the limits of what is an acceptable length to go for acquiring enlightenment.  Even as a child, Faust often found herself in trouble in the mines because of a lack of control over her curiosity.  While not everything piques her curiosity, once it is caught, Faust has a hard time refocusing on priorities in the moment.   
Other more minor flaws: Pride, arrogance, recklessness. 

Treasured Item:
1) Nmorec Blade (a dagger).  A strong but flawed blade created by Faust in her attempts to revolutionize armed combat.
2) Eferet Jewels. Her previous treasured item before the Numorec Blade was created.  A jewel box containing six impressive jewels that were mined out of her hometown of Eferet.  Half are cut and half are raw.  A flashy way to remember one's past and family. 

Weapons of Note:
1) Hammer.  A great mass of steel on one end of a balanced pole.  Great for swinging!  Created for her by a Master Smith of Row as a reward for creating the Nmorec Blade.
2) Nmorec Blade.  Don't cut yourself!  Sharp little dagger but hardly balanced and somewhat brittle.

History: Faust was born in an outlying mining settlement within the jurisdiction of Row, Steel City.  Locally known as Eferet, the mining settlement's largest industry was the production of clay material and the mining of specific elusive gems beneath the bedrock.  Before any semblance of power began to awaken in Faust, she was widely considered a bubbling young prodigy of the mine and forge.  Under the tutelage of her father, a mine Foreman, Faust effortlessly picked up all aspects of the settlement's production including harvesting and refining.  At a young age, it was deemed that Rona Faust would be better put to use in more innovated areas rather than collecting ore and clay.  With further formal education regarding the matter of earthen elements, Faust came across her first personal victory that would have her name muttered through the many heated forges in Row.  At just 15, Faust devised a compound using wyrmweed that allowed for a quick-drying mortar, which was twice as sturdy and durable as before.  This new mortar was crucial in helping rebuild fortresses and walls along the battlefront in a quicker and more efficient manner.  What started out as her 'pet project' became Faust's first foothold into the elite world of Master Craftsmen. 

Shortly after her success with wyrmweed mortar, Faust was sent to Row to further her education.  The Steel City's Craftsmen's Hall would be where she would spend the rest of her childhood.  Her goal was to apprentice under one of the Master Smith's and eventually be nominated up as a Master Smith candidate herself.  Very few of her peers came close to Faust's natural ability to recognize the properties of the earth, and to her, becoming a Master Smith was inevitable.

The young Faust is currently reveling in her most recent conquest that has gained her recognition among the highest seats in the Craftsmen Hall of Row and through all the major forges in Parn.   Deep in the mountains near Vecht, the presence of a particular metal compound beckoned Faust into the looming depths.  With a small group she investigated the possibility of a metal new compound but all the while Faust wondered how this compound she was sensing could exist.  Only by high pressure or high heat could what she was sensing be possible.  For two days the small investigative group followed Faust through the caverns until she found what she was looking for.  In one of the largest caverns they had come across lay a perfectly circular tunnel.  The interior surface of the tunnel was smooth and polished.  Upon closer inspection, Faust was alarmed to discover that the walls and the earth, stone, and metals that compromised the tunnel were melted.  Dragon's fire had created the tunnel. 

The idea sent Faust in a brooding frenzy as she collected wagons of samples and returned to Row.  The intense heat had created a metal compound that was stronger than any steel they had yet to create.  While the necessary minerals and metals required for the compound were plentiful in Parn, there was no human-made heat that could accomplish the feat.  Faust commandeered the largest forge in Row in attempts to recreate the metal compound.  With the help of the Master of the Forge and after fifty-two tries of getting the Forge hot enough (four fires erupted and Faust was banned from the forge for seven days), three short blades were created.  Only one of the blades was of sufficient quality and while Row celebrated the creation of the strongest blade to be created, Faust was far from pleased.  She could revolutionize the weaponry if she were to find how to create a heat as strong and fierce as the one that created the tunnel in the depths of the mountain.   By Bristol's eternal grace, she would recreate that heat.  With a heat hot enough to combine the required elements, she was sure she could create blades and armor even more powerful than the one from her experiment. 

She kept the best of the three blades and named it the Nmorec Blade after the Dragon who was said to have sparked the flame on the sun.  The other two were sent to Master Smiths who would work on studying heating techniques and similar compounds.  Faust has traveled to the fire-breathed tunnel several times and each time she wondered just how powerful the dragon that created it must have been.

Personality: Outwardly cool and occasionally detached but inwardly passionate, intense, questioning and calculating.  She has an overall professional attitude when it comes to dealing with colleagues, acquaintances, and strangers alike.  While she has quirky moments of bubbly excitement, her mental gifts have always kept her in the company of those usually older than herself where a more serious environment prevailed.   While some would expect her sometimes chilly attitude to come with rude or malicious interactions, she remains quietly helpful and loosely cooperative. She does not mind 'settling a score' but will usually look the other way unless there is something to gain. Unfortunately, if played under the right hand, her underlying passion and fierce ambition can overcome her naturally calculating nature (and mild distrust) can be used to bait her into unfortunate situations.   In light of her recent celebrity-like status among the Craftsmen's Hall, she has gained a strong sense of self confidence and pride.  Some say it's getting to her head, others say she's simply enjoying the finer aspects of life. 

Rona would be considered a devout individual of the Ecclesiarchy.  Her reverence for Our Eternal Mother, Sheridan Bristol, comes second only to her reverence of the earth (which she keeps to herself).  After the chase for knowledge and the blush of pride, the purpose behind her work is for her Bristol, Blessed Among Us.   

---

So yes, sorry finally I got a charrie post up.  I've been enjoying reading the IC.  Hopefully I'll get approval to join? xD

Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Availability: June 2016, resuming activity.  Open for Roleplays

Blank

Dark Deception

Blank

Ah man... I wish I hadn't gone Kin now.  There are like... No Abyssians.  I would have totally gone that way if I knew there was just one.  I thought there were two at some point.  There needs to be a little more evil.

Wheresmycow

If it helps, I'm applying to be an Abyssian Harbinger.  I just wanted to make sure the abilities I want aren't unreasonable, so I sent the request through a PM.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Blank

Quote from: Wheresmycow on September 21, 2011, 12:31:53 AM
If it helps, I'm applying to be an Abyssian Harbinger.  I just wanted to make sure the abilities I want aren't unreasonable, so I sent the request through a PM.
Very good sir.  Carry the torch of evil in my stead.  Make them know fear!

Wheresmycow

I'm debating between going all-out "Yes he's a villain, no he doesn't have a tragic past, you're just supposed to hate him" evil or something more sympathetic.  Or maybe have his goal being something that could be perceived as necessary, but also monstrous.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

VNConsort

Each option does have its distinct yummy flavor.

I'm thinking of taking on maybe two characters, but we'll see how this goes.
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Availability: June 2016, resuming activity.  Open for Roleplays

Dark Deception

Hey! My dragon's evil. He's just not Abyssian.  O:) ::) :P

Wheresmycow

Really, I aim to be flexible.  If there's a level of evil that needs to be filled, then I'll do it.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

bubby

O_o...

*Just sits in the background with her little silver dragon*

Blank

Quote from: Dark Deception on September 21, 2011, 01:16:23 AM
Hey! My dragon's evil. He's just not Abyssian.  O:) ::) :P
Evil and hungry.   >:)

No need to be shy Bubby!  It is never too late to be evil.  Join now and you'll get a free reading light.

Dark Deception

Wheresmycow

Okay, so I've totally changed the idea I want to pitch to Brittlby.  Gonna post it here in case I want to make any tweaks later on, because you can't do that in messages.  And I'm putting it in a spoiler tag because for some reason, Elliquiy likes to enlarge pictures.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Murder of Crows
Species: Abyssian Harbinger.
Age: Difficult to say.  Could be late twenties to early forties.
Orientation: Heterosexual.
Abilities:
1) Master of Crows - Murder of Crows can create a mental link with crows and have them become his familiars.  With this mental link, he can share their senses, thus seeing what they see, hear what they hear and so on.  He has enough proficiency with sharing senses that he can simultaneously use his senses and the crows, but doing it for an extended amount of time is exhausting and headache inducing.  He can also communicate with them telepathically, and as his familiars, the crows are intelligent enough to follow simple orders and deliver reports back to him as well.

2) Wave of Feathers - He can shoot out a torrent of feathers in a wide area.  Typically, they come out of his hands, but he's been known to spill them from his mouth as well.  Though the feathers aren't particularly hazardous in terms of causing physical wounds and injuries, they are still feathers and it's possible to choke on them.  The real insidious nature of this power is that should the feathers come in contact near or on a being's eyes, the being becomes blinded, their vision submersed in complete and utter blackness.  Usually, it takes quite some time for the blindness to go away, and things like wiping the eyes does not aid much.

3) Cloud of Feathers and Talons - Murder of Crows can turn parts of him or turn completely into a vortex made of crow feathers, beaks and talons.  It's possible for him to stay densely close together, or spread out over a wide range.  Turning parts of him into a whirling mass is largely for defensive purposes.  As a complete vortex, it grants him the ability to fly and move very quickly, and he can move through much tighter areas.  Partially or completely transformed, bare skin exposed to the vortex can be shredded easily and quickly.  Leather armor is a good form of protection against this, while beings completely covered in chain armor or better (such as dragon scales) are largely immune.  Turning into and back is very quick, the exception being when he is hit by a particularly deadly attack, forcing him to shift into a vortex immediately on contact.  This shift is draining, and turning back onto human form takes a much longer time, thus forcing him to flee most of the time.  When he sleeps, he can either sleep in his regular form, or as a pile of feathers.

4) A damn good fighter - On a physical level, he hasn't reached any supernatural levels.  He's as strong and tough as an elite soldier.  In terms of speed and agility, he's better than an elite, but not by much.  Training, battle experience and willpower is where he can outshine elite troops, but it's not legendary.  Still, he makes a damn good fighter, and his other abilities just add to that.

Tragic Flaw: He is a blight to his surroundings. Within ten paces, the air begins to take on the smell of a long abandoned crypt, stale and dead.  Food spoils more quickly around him, and milk curdles overnight.  Grass and small plants die within minutes of being in his presence, quicker if touched, and larger plants and trees can start to wither in a day.  Corpses rot faster, and people are likely to take ill or have their wounds fester more quickly, and it is harder to recover.  Things simply decay around him quicker, and it's usually unwise for him to linger in any place longer than a week.

Treasured Item: A small, simple jewelry box filled with letters.  For whatever reason, the box is immune to his aura of decay and protect any contents inside from it.

Weapons of Note: His spear Eveline.  It has proven to be immune to deterioration and damage, making it immune to his aura.  It is very sharp, and its immunity to damage means that it is quite capable of piercing plate armor.  Eveline does not like being touched or held by anyone other than Murder of Crows, and has been known to react quite violently because of it.

History: "The army was positioned, ready to take the fight to the forces of Abyss.  First and third squad were with me, on the left most side of our force.  When the enemy came, a single figure, kept distant from the rest of the enemy force, stood against us.  He looked like trouble, every ounce of him screamed it, but we were a score of soldiers, and we were confident that acting as one group we could take him out, then swing about to flank the enemy.  When the order to charge was given, we surged forward, ready to take down the solitary armored figure.

When we were six paces in, he lifted his arm and a wave of darkness swept over us.  It was a rolling mass of crow feathers, but when it touched the squads men started to scream about not being able to see.  In their panic, the figure cut them down, slashing throats and spearing men.  I tried to rally them, get them organized, but the lack of sight made it impossible to restore cohesion.  And still he just cut them down, one by one.

It was then that a sword maiden came, shouting a challenge to the figure.  He paused in his butchering, turning to face her, before the same wave of feathers swept over her.  But she held up her shield, and it just seemed to roll over her, keeping her untouched from whatever magic he was using.  Step by step, she moved closer and closer to him, until she was within sword reach.  Then they fought, and I bore witness to the skills of the sword maidens.  She pressed him, pressed him hard, and it looked close, like they were evenly matched.  Finally, she got an opening after a block with her shield and ran him through with her sword, as if there was nothing in her way to stop her.  I thought it was over, and that figure was dead.

Then the sword maiden yelled in horror, and as if he was waiting for that moment, grabbed her head with his hands and kissed her open mouth.  She struggled to free herself, but he wouldn't let her go at all.  It wasn't until she stopped moving that he let her go, and when she toppled over, her mouth was full of crow feathers.  And I could see for myself, that where the sword had gone through, was just a cloud of feathers.

And then, the murder of crows came."
- ex-Lieutenant Jayne Hollock, executed for cowardice and desertion

Personality:  Murder of Crows can be erratic.  Normally a solitary figure, his mood can range from somber and philosophical to dark humored and flippant.  What is known and constant is that he is hotly protective of his box, and the contents inside are a complete secret.  He also possesses an almost violent hatred of Sheridan Bristol, though he has yet to reveal the reason for it.

It's still a bit unrefined, but it gets the idea across. Gonna have to talk with Brittlby about his pre-death history and other important details.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Dark Deception

I think your evil character is awesome. I hope he gets accepted.

So, are the kin going to select the dragons they want to be with or...is that just going to happen IC based on the character development and how things go? Also, when is the IC going to budge?

bubby

Karasu

SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Wheresmycow

Thank you.  He's a lot more thematic than what I originally proposed.

As for the IC moving along, I took a look at it.  Technically, some people could respond to No's awakening, maybe even the other dragons.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Dark Deception

Well, take the initiative people while the GM is missing. o_o

Karasu

And do what exactly? I can;t think of a single bloody thing due to my mind being on it's annual horror kick.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Dark Deception

Well, let me understand one thing. Why were the other dragons in a different cave from No? Why couldn't they have just been in the same cave just all the dragons in different chambers like in the old RP? When they released the lock on the door it could have magically released the locks that bound them but not No since he was a bad dragon.

I know the two new kins could perhaps meet each other at the bar Blank's character is at. Bubby and Cocanth could either fly away, meet each other, or go to No's part of the cave where the kin and that Sherdian woman have gathered. This makes for quick interaction.

Honestly...this feels like another repeat stagnation.  >:(

Blank

Quote from: Dark Deception on September 22, 2011, 01:53:12 AM
I think your evil character is awesome. I hope he gets accepted.

So, are the kin going to select the dragons they want to be with or...is that just going to happen IC based on the character development and how things go? Also, when is the IC going to budge?
I do agree.  Wheresmycow's character is pretty awesome.  Though what will you do when I switch my secondary class to Dervish and cast Avatar of Grenth? jkjk  I wouldn't want to mess with a swarm of crows.

My guess was that based on IC events we'd connect with dragons... Or maybe not at all!  I'd say it would depend on the situation.

I would say that we are rather stuck at the moment.  We were kind of waiting for the doors to swing open and that would be the catalyst for people to start doing stuff.  Until then, we are pretty stuck.  I could see Rona meeting Leon since I think they are in the same area more than likely.  Though I am slightly nervous about saying "Hey you can join this RP I'm not in charge of!"  Not sure if anyone else is in that town/area.

Brittlby popped on for a little while yesterday but not for long I guess.  The business week might be keeping her busy.

It can't be as bad as last time.  Wasn't last time where you had to wait like... A month before you could post?