Reboot One Piece Alternate Timeline

Started by SweetRevenge, June 03, 2014, 01:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

Okay, so I tried this idea out once a few months back and it kinda crashed on take-off. However, I'm still into the whole idea of an RP in which characters explore the wide world of One Piece, mix-matching devil fruits and allegiances to create our very own story. This time, I'll try to be a bit more prepared. Now at episode
476 643 now, I am starting to get a good knowledge as to what people will eventually want to get to. I honestly dont really know how to go around forming the crew and such, I'm still open to ideas. However, I am aware that there's gonna have to be a common goal, a struggle in the beginning to tie everyone together for a proper lift-off. I invite anyone who's actually interested in creating this world with me to post interest and even start forming out characters.

I entice detail, description and some amounts of dedication, as I do not wish this one to flop like the last one. I'd expect in the bare minimum, a post every week, or warning will come. After 3 warnings (One will be sent after 7 days of inactivity and so forth), your character will either be ignored, placed on 'auto-pilot' (someone will take over until your return), or, in the case of abuse/too many warnings/exceed 6 weeks of inactivity, your character will be archived or even killed. Terms can be discussed. Posting amounts should sum to a good 3 paragraphs, preferably. 5 full sentences per paragraph doesnt sound too torturous.

Now, for the story, ideas are still up in the air. But we can outline scenarios that we might like to follow.

• Bar Bust:

A group of pirates cause trouble in a bar-full of rowdy misfits, some with large bounties, some with bad pasts with the Marines, state your story. It was al fun and games until a bad crowd mixes in and turns the fun into a wild fight; the opportunity the Marines had been waiting for to crash the party. With the white caps flooding the place and capturing anyone who had pile of money over his head, the lucky runners depart in different directions, causing mayhem on their path to slow their pursuers before ducking into a hide-out, where they all bunker down for the rest of the night, until things simmer down. With a crazy night and a nice social rest, the new party depart on a fresh start for adventure
(Its pretty much the first scenario, or what it would have been. Shame things died before they actually got exciting)

• Clashing Crews:

It isnt common for pirates to cross each other's paths and take each other down. This was no different. 2 crews clash ships in a fight on the open seas. With recognizable bounties on both sides, each desire to take the other down and reap the spoils. The victor ends up tangled into a mess with opposing enemies, having made more than one enemy that day without their knowledge. As things culminate, the crew decides to take matter in their own hands and see the source of all the problem and end it once and for all.

• A Wild Stranger Appears?!:

Simple concept, a stranger with a devil fruit on him washes unto the shore, unconscious. Upon his awakening, the man has no memory apart from his name. After searching through his things to find a clue to jog his memory, he decides to eat the fruit from hunger, forgetting what said fruit was. Along with the crazy ride of learning to use his brand new powers, the man sets on the quest to find his memory back. (Possibility of involving him in troubles of nearby citizens and forming new alliances and friendships)

You are free to share ideas you have for your character with everyone. The story isnt only decided by myself, it's everybody's decision. It's really up to everyone to decide what they really feel like doing. Because that's how a pirate crew works ;)

Characters:

[/list]
[spoiler]
[b]Appearance[/b]:

[b]Character Name[/b]:

[b]Age[/b]:

[b]Sexuality[/b]:

[b]Ability/Power/Weapon/Fighting Capabilities[/b]:

[b]Personality[/b]:

[b]History[/b]:

[b]Quirks/Other[/b]:
[/spoiler]

Simple enough, dont be shy to spritz up your profile, but remember to keep it in a spoiler so it saves page space. Here's a short description of what to put in/how much to put in.

Appearance: Obvious... An image that gives the closest idea to what you want people to see your character as. If there are any differences from the image, write them under it

Character Name: Is that Captain Obvious? Nicknames written after the name, in quotation marks.

Sexuality: What attracts your character? Male, female? Both? Okama?

Ability/Power/Weapon/Fighting Capabilities: Anything that related to fighting or special abilities that make you different from a normal random citizen should be mentioned here. If there are special moves that might be a game-changer, it should be here. If you're a zoan type, a good description of your forms and what you can do that is different from other forms is demanded. Logia is almost a wild-card, as they have control over their given form and can do a lot of things. Well, we wanna know that. A small description of different styles you use with your logia will be mentioned here. Paramecia is probably a more simple one, as their abilities tend to be less complex and flamboyant. But same rule applies. You use Haki, swords, flying harpoons, mantra, some other form of special huzzah? It's gotta be here or you cant do it.

Personality: Keywords or phrases to describe what kind of person your character is. Lets try and stay away from repetitive characters; there's a huge variety of personalities to choose from so dont be shy to be original.

History: A few paragraphs to give us a good idea of what your character went through, so we know they were thought out and constructed.

Quirks/Other: Likes? Dislikes? Phobias? Pet Peeves? Anything you think that will make your character more the way you want it to be that wasnt mentioned earlier should be mentioned here. This section is rather optional and more for the fun facts. If you got a theme song? Put it here.

Mathim

What happens in episode 476? I'm not sure where the anime is compared to manga chapters.

I might be interested in this but I find that the problem is always way too many people wanting Devil Fruit abilities (particularly ridiculous ones like mythical beasts or logia) so there needs to be some kind of limit. Also, it just seems like those kind of powers are restricted to the leaders of groups and don't do well with followers anyway. I just feel like this needed to be said. I would be willing to bet this had something to do with why the other attempt crashed on take-off but that might be overly presumptuous.

As for plot, I have an alternative suggestion:

The prospective captain has gotten in deep shit, for whatever reason, and is becoming a seriously wanted individual. They happen to have gotten some prime info on a legend that while widely known is not widely believed (similar to One Piece, but not that) and this person sends out a message in the newspapers, having secretly replaced a certain article before it was printed, so that everyone in the world now knows he/she is forming a crew to go after this legend and that they are all to meet at a place like Sabaody, basically the half-way point in the Grand Line, since that would prove whoever could get there is ready for the trials needed. The captain lists what positions are needed and that they want 'only the best' so only those with utmost confidence in their talents will bother showing up, or whoever does will fight amongst themselves. The date the captain declares he/she will be there to assemble the crew is also a big day for Sabaody that it would be disadvantageous for them to cancel or postpone so there's going to be a shitload of stuff going on and tons of people, so the Marines won't have an easy time capturing anybody. From there, they plan to set sail for the next place where more info about the legend can be found.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SweetRevenge

ep 476
At this point, I'm right in the Whitebeard VS Navy battle attempting to save Ace from being executed, where the walls were raised and most of their footing gone. A new ship rose to the surface, one of Whitebeard's ships, and Odz's decscendant (or Oz, Oars. Translators dont stick to the same spelling) pulled the ship into the plaza. Crocodile stopped the executors from chopping premptively Ace's head and is now fighting with Doflamingo That's what I remember from the top of my head. I try and watch episodes as often as time permits, and I've gotten to this point in about 6 month's time =P

As for wild powers and such, I dont even think that was the problem. People just said they were interested, made characters but never posted. And yeah sure, we had a few big fruits on board, but that's sadly what people want to play most. To counter such a measure, I was possibly thinking of simply listing out the existent ones and picking which ones we'd prefer to have and which ones we'll end up fighting. I'm open to creations of your own, but I cant stress out how much that yeah, logias and mythicals can be overly powerful, but they are still devil fruit users. They aren't immortal, there are existing weaknesses ad powers that will counteract whichever power you'll find. Cuz all in all, it's just a scale that keeps shifting balance, but always ends up coming back the same. Of course, I understand that you are trying to make people consider about the fact of a character developing and not being a titanic force in the immediate start. We need little guys as much, if not more, than big guys. The point of being more descriptive in the abilities section is mainly to help us understand and see if we'll be facing a god-modder or a legit-player who desires to tinker with stronger powers. I wont stress enough how much I value other people's opinions. If there are things that some may feel overly strong or abusive, please do speak up. I am not high and mighty, and though I may have the last word, I'd enjoy if it wasnt the only word as well.

Mathim

Quote from: SweetRevenge on June 03, 2014, 03:16:32 PM
ep 476
At this point, I'm right in the Whitebeard VS Navy battle attempting to save Ace from being executed, where the walls were raised and most of their footing gone. A new ship rose to the surface, one of Whitebeard's ships, and Odz's decscendant (or Oz, Oars. Translators dont stick to the same spelling) pulled the ship into the plaza. Crocodile stopped the executors from chopping premptively Ace's head and is now fighting with Doflamingo That's what I remember from the top of my head. I try and watch episodes as often as time permits, and I've gotten to this point in about 6 month's time =P

As for wild powers and such, I dont even think that was the problem. People just said they were interested, made characters but never posted. And yeah sure, we had a few big fruits on board, but that's sadly what people want to play most. To counter such a measure, I was possibly thinking of simply listing out the existent ones and picking which ones we'd prefer to have and which ones we'll end up fighting. I'm open to creations of your own, but I cant stress out how much that yeah, logias and mythicals can be overly powerful, but they are still devil fruit users. They aren't immortal, there are existing weaknesses ad powers that will counteract whichever power you'll find. Cuz all in all, it's just a scale that keeps shifting balance, but always ends up coming back the same. Of course, I understand that you are trying to make people consider about the fact of a character developing and not being a titanic force in the immediate start. We need little guys as much, if not more, than big guys. The point of being more descriptive in the abilities section is mainly to help us understand and see if we'll be facing a god-modder or a legit-player who desires to tinker with stronger powers. I wont stress enough how much I value other people's opinions. If there are things that some may feel overly strong or abusive, please do speak up. I am not high and mighty, and though I may have the last word, I'd enjoy if it wasnt the only word as well.

Yeah, the manga was probably a few dozen chapters father along than that episode then. They'd have been at least in the 500's with the Marinford War. Just curious.

That's a very authoritative stance, I respect that. My suggestion for the plot did take that into consideration since, in order to even get through the Grand Line to the Sabaody Archipelago, they'd have to have some kind of edge, at least if they weren't part of a crew at the time. So there's some leeway. But I like your idea of limiting it to existing DF's and putting some restriction on things like Logia and mythical zoans. It certainly would help curb some of the potential god-modders even before they appear but it probably would be better to just let everyone try what they will and see what works.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

zenpai

I'm interested in being in the story as a guy with several personality. That have different morals and belifes, they all would have the same power butt different version of it.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Juggtacular

If this gets off the ground again, could I bring my character back from the last thread?

SweetRevenge

Well, if you read the earlier posts or even the introductory post, the character profile will need some work if anything. All characters, old or new, will need to be re-submitted and reviewed by other members. If I remember, you wanted to make a navigator with your own creation of a logia, right? That might need to be checked. I mean, I would love to bring my character from it too, since it's what's been flooding my mind when I think about this, but at the same time I'm reviewing in my mind all the characteristics I want him to have and see if they really fit or if they are in fact a little too strong/over the top.

Mathim

Quote from: zenpai on June 03, 2014, 06:42:08 PM
I'm interested in being in the story as a guy with several personality. That have different morals and belifes, they all would have the same power butt different version of it.

Kinda like Shinobu Sensui from Yu Yu Hakusho? Anyway, that would strike me as more of a Marine character; I don't see pirates trusting someone like that (unless that happened to be the captain) without having already been part of the crew for a long time.

Green Goo Theory

Posting tentative interest.  I have two already existing One Piece characters that could be tossed in to fit.  Neither uses a fruit of any kind. 
Coming soon...

Mathim

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on June 05, 2014, 09:12:59 PM
Posting tentative interest.  I have two already existing One Piece characters that could be tossed in to fit.  Neither uses a fruit of any kind.

Should be interesting, then. Takes a lot of imagination to come up with good character skills without DF's but it can be done.

SweetRevenge

I am giving this thread a bump in attempt to revive a heartbeat =P I'm now at episode 643, for those who are curious.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Luffy has entered the tournament and has entered the ring, about to start the tournament. We also learned that the toy soldier plans on also destroying the factory, but I havent heard the full explanation yet. Sanji was able to warn Law about the trap and Donquixote showed up along with the blind navy admiral and tensions are high at the Green Bit.

Wolfy

catherinehellfire

I'm not sure if you'd take me, but I'd love to try this again with you.
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

SweetRevenge

Well, it's been a few months since there was activity here, so I'm not 100% sure about the people prior in this post. I'm open to taking you guys again, but let's hope to get a little farther sooner this time XD

If anything, we really need a story that'll get us really going. Something that will make us want to get back online to see what happened and to post ourselves. =D So here's a question that I think everyone should answer; what are YOU looking for in this adventure? What do you want to get out of it? Not just your character (though you can as well), but yourselves =P I believe that it'll help to find a greater plot line to interest everyone.

Mathim

I'm pretty good at coming up with premises and such if you want me to compile a list of possible scenarios. There would have to be some fair restrictions to keep things from being ridiculous like an amateur pirate with a flying, fire-breathing dragon DF or a logia user right off the bat, otherwise I won't be interested.

SweetRevenge

Let's see those ideas =P I'm thinking that anyone who have any ideas can post them up, we can pass them through a vote to see which ones are more prefered and start off that =P

If someone were to put a logia who doesnt control his abilities OR that has restraint and tries to hide his powers? Most know that logia tend to be weak against haki, relying on their powers too much. DF are weak to sea stone, with no exception. Anyone smart enough would try to get their hands on some before battling nearly any kind of DF, no? And it all really depends where you wanna start it off; things are going to change from Log Town and East Blue than they are in Sabondy Isles or the New World for that matter.

yuki92

i'm interested in One Piece setting, so count me in
maybe i'll throw some ideas later, but for now i'll just watching...

Mathim

Quote from: SweetRevenge on August 07, 2014, 04:10:16 PM
Let's see those ideas =P I'm thinking that anyone who have any ideas can post them up, we can pass them through a vote to see which ones are more prefered and start off that =P

If someone were to put a logia who doesnt control his abilities OR that has restraint and tries to hide his powers? Most know that logia tend to be weak against haki, relying on their powers too much. DF are weak to sea stone, with no exception. Anyone smart enough would try to get their hands on some before battling nearly any kind of DF, no? And it all really depends where you wanna start it off; things are going to change from Log Town and East Blue than they are in Sabondy Isles or the New World for that matter.

I don't have enough faith that people can put the appropriate level of restraint on themselves. The desire to show off is just a tad too powerful. It's why stories fall apart. But here's a couple of things I've got cooking:

-The grandchild of the former PK makes themselves known in a big public stunt that interrupts some other important worldwide announcement the world government or marines were trying to do. This person announces that they've located their grandfather's maps and other such things and are looking for a crew to help them sail to it and find the ultimate prize that has been lost for decades. Only a crew of very strong individuals will have a chance so those who wish to join will need to compete with others in their field of skill (i.e. navigators vs. navigators to see who's the best and they get picked) and only the best one from each profession will be chosen. That way a little bit of luck and a little bit of destiny will favor those who join the crew even if they aren't quite at the level of Shichibukai or whatever their location would deem appropriate.

-A miscellaneous group of people are unlawfully captured and made into slaves. A jailbreak spearheaded by the person who will become captain is successful only because of the combined efforts of the few who will become their crew. Hijacking a marine ship and claiming it as their own, they find a dying prisoner in the brig who shares with them the secret location of what they assume is a great treasure but they can't be certain and the prisoner dies before being able to clarify. With that, they set sail with the marines and other thuggish groups who also claim that the prisoner had stolen the information from them and want it back.

That's all I can really think of now. If you guys don't like those I'll think of more later.

Green Goo Theory

I'm personally torn on the story.  I have two characters available for play immediately and some ideas if I needed to make a new one were needed for the sake of the story.  Neither one has a DF power.  One's a basic human and the other is a Fishman.  And they'd both be on entirely different ends of the spectrum as far as allegiance goes.

The Fishman's a loner and wanderer and due to his 'type' (Hydra/Jellyfish Fishman, the actual animal not the mythological creature) he's ooooollllddd.  He's been in crews, Bounty hunter teams, etc.  Basically what catches his interest at the time while bored.  The human is a Marine and in a previous RP had been tasked with going under cover and the character wants to join and work their way up to CP9 groups. 

Really, a wide range of stories are easy to jump into.  just waiting to see what people come up with. 

Coming soon...

catherinehellfire

So what limitations might we be thinking of for powers and how powerful our characters will be at the start?
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Green Goo Theory

There's probably some complications for beginning power levels.  Logia fruits are an entirely out of context problem for anyone at the start.  No "beginning" characters have haki and sea stone is rare and hard to get a hold of (unless you're a marine).  But you can't very well just deny someone a Logia fruit unless they have to wait until later to earn it. 
Coming soon...

SweetRevenge

The option for 'low-level' logia would be that they arent able to control their abilities.
For example
When Law switched Tashigiri and Smoker's personalities, Tashigiri was having trouble even controlling Smoker's abilities, turning into smoke without knowing how, nor how to turn back.
Power is nothing without control. It can be a huge weakness, and some can take more than a few weeks before control to the point we see them in the anime.

Mathim

It still seems inappropriate for the most powerful, and among the rarest of DFs to be anything other than a crew's captain, though.

Wolfy

Also, what about Mythic Zoans? I kind of wanted my character to have one...or even Artificial Devil Fruit.

Mathim

Quote from: Wolfy on August 12, 2014, 02:43:29 PM
Also, what about Mythic Zoans? I kind of wanted my character to have one...or even Artificial Devil Fruit.

I'd consider those in the same boat as Logias. If it's a simple Zoan, like a SMILE, then those are usually fine but something more god-like like a Phoenix or Buddha or Dragon are a little much.