A Political Cause We Should All Support: Ending Human Slavery

Started by Brian Boru, October 26, 2010, 01:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Boru

First, let me preface this by saying I enjoy BDSM and all its many aspects...for the most part. I can understand the use the term "slave" as it is referenced there, but this is NOT what this post is about. This is about unwilling slavery, and its victims worldwide.

I've always had a heart for those who suffer as victims of abuse, neglect and other sick and twisted perpetrated by various persons. We live in a day and time, though, when unwilling slavery should be understood as barbaric and a part of human history, not a part of its current story. With various news stories about coeds being abducted while on holiday, and the movie Taken so recently a blockbuster, it ought to turn our attention away from the kidnap and non-consent fantasies that some of us write about and focus our attention on the real horror of modern slave trading.

One of my favorite bands, Paramore, and several other musicians have begun supporting and promoting Love146. Love146 is a group that is actively working to free children from sex trafficking and pedophile brothels in SE Asia. I would encourage you, if you can, to support their cause in any way that you feel led. Be that through your thoughts and prayers, your vocal and written support, or through any other means you may feel is appropriate for you. At the very least, watch some of the stories they have on the site, and learn more if don't know the scope of human suffering that this entails.

Love146 in case you missed the link earlier.

A/As Updated 12/7 - PLEASE READ
A/As updated 2/20/11