Rum & Coke and Over the Rainbow

Started by Red Offerings, May 25, 2013, 06:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Offerings

Rum & Coke and Over the Rainbow is a classy, cozy little joint that serves as a sort of waypoint for individuals who travel through space, time, dimensions, etc. This place caters to being of every race, creed, and color in the megaverse and therefore can boast the most extensive inventory of drinks and food anywhere, ever. It is not unusual for individuals to end up here quite by accident since this wayward establishment sits right on one of the greatest, accessible nexus points of raw mystical energy known to all. Individuals from many alternate realities find themselves swallowed up by rifts (mysterious warp holes that open from nowhere and can leave you anywhere), or the victim of a powerful dream and typically find themselves right in the middle of good ol' Rum & Coke!

The proprietress of the establishment is an infamous person herself, being none other than Dorothy Gale. After all, technically the establishment sits on the very soil of Oz. And, Dorothy Gale has already helped many accidental tourists find their way home since she is one of the most powerful witches alive today.

In addition to food and drink, the Other Side of the Rainbow boasts a clean and comfortable inn for those who need or wish to stay. Both the Rum & Coke and the Other Side of the Rainbow accepts any form of currency.

Finally, to try and commit criminal activity against the establishment could result in numerous punishments. It has many potent talismans, wards, and mystical barriers that prohibit most types of attacks directed at the place itself. Customers may consider themselves generally safe in this mystifying sanctuary.

Alright! So this is a sort of game away from games. Anyone can bring any old character they want here in any way they want. Accidental, purposeful, regular customer? Are you in a lull right now between role plays but want to mess with a character you've just created? Bring 'em on! Have a character that has never fit into any setting and you'd really like to play them? Come on in! This thread is random, very noncommittal, if you post but never do again it's fine!

You do not need to apply or even submit a character profile, though if you'd like to be a regular you can, I'll have a profile thread posted for my character, Dorothy. If you want to be an actual employee, things do become a little bit more streamline as I'd want you to be able to respond to posts a couple times a week or so. There is no set story line, anything can happen in R&B - it'll be located in NC Exotic, but that doesn't mean non-consensual things will happen here, though it can since this place is not governed like businesses on a plane of existence with concrete laws. Dorothy has laws though, so if your character does commit some type of heinous atrocity, I'd be quick to leave if I were you!

You can comment here that you want to throw a post in just to give me a heads up, but aside from that you're free to post whatever you want. You will ultimately find the Rum & Coke to be a strange place as there will be various mini plots your character can and probably will get pulled into if you show the inclination that you'll be participating more than one or two posts.

Posting should be around 2-3 paragraphs. No one liners! Beyond that, we're all good!
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Red Offerings

IC thread is up and the link is beneath the colored fish picture. This may turn into an OOC chat since anyone can post.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Red Offerings

Added a brief update in orange font concerning plots and jumping in.