So..I went to see Resident Evil Afterlife tonight.(Spoilers!)

Started by Wolfy, September 12, 2010, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

And now I Can't help but think about how the movies fit into the Continuity of the game. Let's just take out the zombie apocalypse, and Alice too (Since there will be a fifth movie, she probably dies in that anyway, and the Zombie outbreak may even be cured..who knows. O_o)

But...taking out those elements...the movies (Especially this one) could very easily fit before the 5th game.

Chris Redfield is in the movie, of course, and he seems like he's never faced Las Plagas before, but he also seems like he knows about them.

Which brings to that other fact..Las Plagas are definetly in. The Zombies this time around sprout tentacles from their mouth, clearly because of the Parasite, though this is never stated in the movie that it is a parasite, anyone who's played RE4 will know.

The most compelling reason for it to fit into Continuity is because...*gasp* The movie actually explains just why the hell Jill was with Wesker in RE5. (Unless that DLC for RE5 cleared it up). In the movie, Jill is captured along with the other survivors that we saw in the Third movie, and has the mind control device planted on her as soon as she is captured. At the end of the movie, we see her again (or for the first time...I'm not really sure. O_o) with the device on her chest, commanding Umbrella Soldiers.

*gasp* Wesker is also in the movie (Of course) and surprise surprise, he's about as invulnerable as GOD. He gets blown up at the end by some kind of neutron/Anti-Matter Bomb that first expands then shinks whatever it blasted away into nothingness But geez...

I mean, first of all, he survives a plane crash. Then he survives some kind of Coin-Shotgun blast THROUGH THE MOUTH, plus being riddled with bullets...come on..we all know he's still alive. >_>

He's also clearly infected himself with Las Plagas, because he sprouts the mouth tentacles as well, thus placing at least the fourth movie (And the movies as a whole) after RE4.

Also, Dr. Salvador/Las Gigante is also in the movie...well, sort of...a Type of Dr. Salvador-Esque enemy...he has a bag over his head, and uses a gigantic megaton hammer/axe as a weapon...which obviously someone had to make for him before releasing him, cause those things aren't just laying around. O-o

So yeah..outside of Alice, and the Zombie Apocalypse, the movies actually could fit into Canon rather well. O_o

King_Furby

Kunoichi

::)

Personally, I think the movies work much better as their own seperate continuity.  Trying to awkwardly fit them into the timeline of the games like that would do a disservice to both the movies and the games, in my opinion.

That said, I just saw the latest movie tonight, and I have to admit, it was an excellent action flick...  Especially since they got rid of that silly bit from the third movie about the T-Virus somehow being able to magically dry up Earth's oceans, and just said that it took place in Nevada.  Much more believable, in my opinion.  Alice didn't steal the spotlight as much in this movie, either...

Inkidu

Um... Wolfy? Resident Evil 5 explained why Jill was with Wesker without the DLC. Though I hear the DLC expanded that segment and is quite fun (though I'll never have it!). She tackles Wesker to save Chris. They fall into a river. Wesker saves her and makes her a mind puppet.

I don't need a bunch of loosely based movies to tell me that. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Well, the movie clearly involves Las Plagas, despite not saying anything about it...O_o..Maybe the movies are set after the games? Lol

Kunoichi

*finds herself wondering why there is no facepalm smiley*

...Eh, never mind.  Not worth arguing over.

Wolfy

What? it does! D:

The T virus doesn't make you sprout Tentacles from your face. At least, not the T-virus alone. We've only seen Las Plagas do that.

Plus it would be a perfect opportunity for Leon Kennedy to show up and be like "I've faced these before!" *kicks Wesker's ass*

Double points if they include the little short, Napoleon guy. o3o

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 18, 2010, 08:01:56 AM
What? it does! D:

The T virus doesn't make you sprout Tentacles from your face. At least, not the T-virus alone. We've only seen Las Plagas do that.

Plus it would be a perfect opportunity for Leon Kennedy to show up and be like "I've faced these before!" *kicks Wesker's ass*

Double points if they include the little short, Napoleon guy. o3o
The G-Virus also causes tentacles. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on September 18, 2010, 12:42:24 PM
The G-Virus also causes tentacles. :)

True...but I don't think at any point in the movies that they mention that either...that I can remember, anyway.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 18, 2010, 12:43:32 PM
True...but I don't think at any point in the movies that they mention that either...that I can remember, anyway.
Yeah and they never mentioned T-Veronica, or Las Plagas phase 2, or Uruboros. Plus Sony turned down George Romero when they were thinking of doing a R.E. movie so... yeah... need more research.